Oulook shortcut on 2003 terminal server

When installing office 2003 from the add remove program on a windows 2003
Terminal Server.
By default there is no outlook icon on the desktop for Outlook.
I need to get the Outlook icon to be displayed on all users desktop.
I CANOT just copy the shortcut icon, becuase this does not have the
properties screen to create outlook profiles.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0
bob (43)

Eric Payne <bob@bob.com> wrote:

> When installing office 2003 from the add remove program on a windows
> 2003 Terminal Server.
> By default there is no outlook icon on the desktop for Outlook.
> I need to get the Outlook icon to be displayed on all users desktop.
> I CANOT just copy the shortcut icon, becuase this does not have the
> properties screen to create outlook profiles.
> Any help would be appreciated.

Outlook 2003 eliminates the desktop shortcut.  Why not create a desktop
shortcut to the Control Panel Mail applet?
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
4/28/2004 4:02:42 PM
Here are the instructions to manually recreate the Outlook desktop
namespace:

238567 XCLN: How to Restore the Outlook Icon to the Desktop
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=238567

--
Hope that helps!!

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Chris Lineback,  MCSE
Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support

- Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
newsgroup purposes only.
-This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

"Brian Tillman" <tillmabg@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Eric Payne <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>
> > When installing office 2003 from the add remove program on a windows
> > 2003 Terminal Server.
> > By default there is no outlook icon on the desktop for Outlook.
> > I need to get the Outlook icon to be displayed on all users desktop.
> > I CANOT just copy the shortcut icon, becuase this does not have the
> > properties screen to create outlook profiles.
> > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Outlook 2003 eliminates the desktop shortcut.  Why not create a desktop
> shortcut to the Control Panel Mail applet?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
ChrisLin (84)

DST CRM Server hot fix kills Integration Manager
Our CRM server also serves as our integration manager for Great Plains integrations. After applying the hotfix for DST CRM, our integration manager died (trying to find CBOMLibX.dll file). I have removed and re-installed IM but it still will not work. ...

We have Outlook 2003 and wish to stop the abilty of staff to edit.
We have Outlook 2003 and wish to stop the abilty of staff to edit... Please put your question in the body of your post. The subject isn't big enough. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Des" <Des@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:445B6C35-2C3B-4BB3-BDC2-438B4281DCC5@microsoft.com... > We have Outlook 2003 and wish to stop the abilty of staff to edit... Des <Des@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Exchange 2003 adprep question....Urgent
I currently have a Windows 2000 Server which is a domain controller, and is also running Exchange Server 2003. I'm going to be adding a new Windows 2003 Server (which will also be a domain controller), and will be migrating the existing Exchange Server 2003 to the new server. My question is in the adprep process.... From the research I've done, it appears I should be able to just run the adprep commands on the existing Windows 2000 box, dcpromo the new Windows 2003 Server, install Exchange 2003 on the new server, migrate the mailboxes, and perform the procedure in KB822931 to remove...

Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003
I have exchange 2003 working find against an outlook 2002 client. However, I cannot get it working against the outlook 2003 client. I am running Outlook 2003 Beta 2 with the latest refresh. The error I get is it cannot find the Exchange Server. Outlook Web client works fine. The Outlook 2002 client works fine. Any possible hints to look for? Thanks Can you ping the exchange server by name? Have you tried using a Hosts file? Delete and recreate the profile? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archiv...

Directory Navigator has been removed from Viso 2003
Hi The Directory Navigator has been removed from Viso 2003. Is there another tools that has the similar functionality? Just designing the AD on the workarea is not good enough to get a good view of the AD och LDAP Directory. I just want too design, not import/export or any other functionality. /Magnus ...

EXCEL 2003 MACRO Problem
Hi all gurus please help. I have a windows schelduler to open at a certain time and when the cells have been updated the file closes. The problems i'm having it the file stays open and i have to manually close the open file on a weekly basis, the cells are not updated either? Please see my code below: Private Changed As Boolean Private Sub Workbook_Open() 'start with the workbook showing unchanged Changed = False ' create our shutdown timer Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:10"), procedure:="ThisWorkbook.Auto_Close" ...

File List Folder Outlook 2003
Hi, I found an article which describes how to setup a folder to view any file system folder in Outlook 2002. I can't find any equivalent in Outlook 2003. Basically I just want to have an Outlook 2003 folder named something like "my files" and have its address pointing to a mapped drive. I have tried setting up a "home page" location on a folder, but it only works for web addresses, not file systems. Thanks in advance. Regards, Troy At the bottom of the Navigation pane, you should have buttons for Folder List, Shortcuts, etc. Select the Folder List button. Op...

Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Exchange Server 2003 SP2
I am preparing to install both these service packs. I have Dell servers/san, and run an active/passive cluster. I have the Enterprise Ed. of Windows Server 2003. Has anyone had trouble with these service packs in relation to Exchange, clusters, Dell hardware or trouble between the two service packs working with each other. I can call Dell for support on their products, but was especially nervous about the cluster and Exchange. Would you do one server, and then intentionally delay the 2nd to test the water, or is it best to keep clustered Exchange servers in sync. Any advice apprecia...

Exchange 2003 problem after sp1 installation
After the sp1 installation users unable to access recent emails with both OWA and Outlook 2003! Somebody can help me please! Many thanks, Giampiero First, is this Exchange 2003 SP1 or Windows 2003 SP1? Can they access any of their messages? Or only recent (meaning what? the last few weeks? days?). This could be related to your antivirus software. Try stopping your antivirus software temporarily and see if that helps. I have seen E2K3 servers with Symantec Mail Security do this before. -- Jim McBee Web: http://www.somorita.com Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Stuff: htt...

How do I enable OWA 2003 change password faclility.
Guys, Is there a way one can enable the password change facility on OWA 2003 running on Exchange 2003? I need to make this work so that users connecting through OWA can change their account passwords. Thanks -- Buchi Hi Buchi, The information is outlined in the following Microsoft KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297121 Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9EB7ADB-024B-43A7-87BB-0FD2587892D4@microsoft.com...

Print out of Outlook 2003
I have several pc's networked printing to a Xerox Phaser 6180. 1 and only 1 pc is printing a similiar invalid string of characters, (ă□Ă□□), in the upper left hand corner when printing e-mails out of Outlook. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this? And most importantly, how to fix it? ...

MX records and Exchnage 2003
Hi, we have an Exchange 2003 server and have nearly finished migrating from Exchnage 5.5, we only have the internet connector left on the 5.5 server. We have now got to create the internet connector on the Exchnage 2003 server and have heard we should have MX records in our DNS which we haven't. Currently everything works fine withou these MX records, do we need to create them??? Ou current connector simply forwards all emails o our ISP's IP address... Hope you can help Thanks Andy My guess is that your ISP is currently managing your MX record on the Internet that other In...

Access 2000 File Format in Access 2003
Dear all, If I'm using Access 2003 to create Access 2000 format, is there any new feature in Access 2003 which I can't apply in Access 2000 file ? Thx. Vensia On Wed, 9 May 2007 14:20:23 +0700, "Vensia" <vensia2000_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: >Dear all, > >If I'm using Access 2003 to create Access 2000 format, is there any new >feature in Access 2003 which I can't apply in Access 2000 file ? >Thx. there are many; however, are you deploying to users with Access 2000, or with Access 2003? The default format for your database is (normally) 200...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Beta Install w/Terminal Services
Hi all, During the installation of MS CRM 3.0 beta on a Win2k3 running terminal services in application server mode, the install stops during the checklist and complains that MS Reporting Services cannot be installed because TS is NOT in remote administration mode...switch to that mode for the installation. How is this done on Win2K3 TS? I have tried all the old tricks (i.e. change user / install, installing through control panel A/R Programs but the installation program can't be fooled). Surely I don't have to reinstall TS in RA mode just to install this application. Any th...

Microsoft 2003 Error Message: cannot read file
I was using Microsoft 99. Recently upgraded to Microsoft 2003. When I try to open money.mny I get the following message: Money cannot locate 'C:\Documents_and_Settings\MyDocuments\Money\Money.m ny' or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. If you have chosen the correct file and it cannot be accessed, you will need to click OK and open your most recent backup file. If the file is being used by another application, close it in the other application and click OK to try again. 1...

Unable to remove "leave a copy on the server"
Hello, I'm using Outlook 2003 ... last month I've configured on my computer the option to leave a copy of the messages on the server. Now I want to remove this option, but each time I restart outlook, the option is reactivated. Any idea ? Thanks for your help ... Michel MD <mdubois@mednet.mc> wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2003 ... last month I've configured on my computer > the option to leave a copy of the messages on the server. Now I want > to remove this option, but each time I restart outlook, the option is > reactivated. > Any idea ? Delete the a...

Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003?
When you purchase Exchange 2003 Server and Exchange 2003 User CAL's are you licensed to use Outlook 2003 on the client computers? I noticed they sent an Outlook 2003 CD with the server bundle but it requires a key. >-----Original Message----- >When you purchase Exchange 2003 Server and Exchange 2003 User CAL's are you >licensed to use Outlook 2003 on the client computers? I noticed they sent >an Outlook 2003 CD with the server bundle but it requires a key. > > > >. >No you are still required to purchase the office license. Or you can buy individu...

Exchange 2003 Question #2
Dear all, I have a machine hosting the Windows 2003 Domain Controler (GC) and another machine (member domain controler) which has Exchange 2003 Installed. My question is, When I add new users in the Exchange box I get the add Email account wizard but when I add users in the GC machine there is no option for adding email account. How do I get the add Email Wizard in the GC machine? Thanks. Regards, Kueh. You need to install the Exchange System Manager on the Domain Controller, setup the Exchange setup select Custom and choose on to install the Exchange System Manager. -- Mark Fugat...

Fixed
Fixed - KB943985 Breaks Excel 2003 CSV Try Downloading KB952208, this should fix your problem. You Must request this KB directly from Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/kb/952208 ...

GP 10 and SQL 2005, copying from one server to another
Hi, We have upgraded to GP 10 and SQL 2005. We copy our databases nightly from production to another server we use as our Disaster Recovery/Test box. We have noticed now that when logging onto the DR box that logins do not work. Is there a problem bringing over the Master database from one server to another? Production is called "FXGP01" and our DR is called "FXGPDR01". Does anyone know if the password encryption includes the server name because that's all I can think of that would make logging in useless on the DR box? Is there a way to get the seurity...

owa login changed after installing sp2 on exchange 2003
G'day! on an SBS 2003 installed exchange sp2 2 days ago. now users cannot login to owa with username + password, but they have to use domainname/username. your help is appreciated. mike Try this article. How to configure Exchange Server 2003 so that users can log on to OWA without entering a domain name http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?id=903942 James Chong MCSE M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com ftp://mail.msexchange911.net/ mike wrote: > G'day! > > on an SBS 2003 installed exchange sp2 2 days ago. > now users cannot login to owa with user...

Exchange Server Attachment Control
I have reviewed the numerous threads on attachments relating to Outlook and Exchange environments. Although I believe I understand my options I felt I would summarize my understanding and request input to make sure I'm not missing the forest for the trees. Environment: Exchange server 2003, mixed Outlook clients 2002, 2000 on XP and Win2K machines. Virus software Trend Micro mail scan. The issue pertains to the complete blocking of certain file extensions so client usage by direct execution or saving to disc is not possible. As I understand the matter, Exchange is not actually control...

Setting up a virtual SMTP Server at a different Site
I have an exchange server in site1 and would like to setup a virtual smtp server in IIS 6, at site2 to send customer emails instead of travelling over a T1 to site1 in order to get sent. I am not entirely sure how to set this up. Also not sure how to setup and configure dns, reverse dns lookups in the virtual smtp server. Any help or useful documentation on how to accomplish this would be great. -Mike How will you send/submit email to IIS? If it's through Outlook client, it will be submitted to your Exchange server which will send the outbound mail. If you intend to use some progra...

Microsoft Access 2000
Hi I hope that someone out there can help me with this issue as I am now at my wits end. We have one user who cannot open Microsoft Access databases either by double clicking on a shortcut or by double clicking on the database file itself. The only way they can currently open an Access database is by opening MS Access and then opening the database from with there. The error received is "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." So far I have checked the users profile looks correct and deleted ...

CWinThread termination
Hi Folks, I have a class derived from CWinThread that starts like this: // button click - start thread function CRefreshThread *m_thr; m_thr = (CRefreshThread*)AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS( CRefreshThread ),THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0,CREATE_SUSPENDED); m_thr->ResumeThread(); Run Function in the thread derived class looks like: extern CCriticalSection lock; //====================== Run() { lock.Lock(INFINITE); // lock one thread // time consuming operation here lock.Unlock(); AfxEndThread(0,TRUE); // end thread return 1; } I need to terminate this thread via user action whil...