oulook express 5

I'm loosing the complete contents of local folders of my
oulook express 5. How can I retrieve these lost files?
0
anonymous (74722)

A good website for information on OE is:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/

This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different
program, despite its similar name..

You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an
Outlook Express news group.

Try posting in one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac for OE for Macintosh

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

OUTLOOK EXPRESS, included as part of Microsoft Internet
Explorer, offers standard Internet e-mail and news access,
required by many home and small-business users.

MICROSOFT OUTLOOK, provides comprehensive integrated e-mail,
including information management and collaboration capabilities,
required by a wide spectrum of users from home to small
business to large enterprise. Outlook has the Calendar and Tasks.

--
Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook]

"eric" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I'm loosing the complete contents of local folders of my
oulook express 5. How can I retrieve these lost files?

Publisher and Outlook Express
I am using Outlook Exprees 6.00 on Windows XP. When someone sends me an e-mail with an MS Publisher Attachment, it refuses to open. The paper clip attachment notifier is present but it does not highlight when pressed. I have no difficulty in opening all attachments from other programmes - it is just Publisher. My version of Publisher is 2000 - SP3. Any help would be appreciated. Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from G P Kaye <gavinpkaye@tiscali.co.uk> > I am using Outlook Exprees 6.00 on Windows XP. When > someone sends me an e-m...

5.5 Imported public folders into 2000
Hi Al I'm a fledgling sysadmin for Exchange and have inherited a problem, which doesn't affect operation but is driving me crazy My predecessors had upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to 2000 and it had gone horribly worng apparently, anyway the sytem is up and runnin gbut I have a problem with Public Folders There are two folders that need removing but none of the current users had permissions to control it. The only visible permissions are Everyone and Anonymous User with read access only When you try and view in System Manager, you get an Error "The object is no longer available. ...

Bar Graphs #5
Hi all, I have set-up a bar-graph consisting of four horizontal bars. I would like to overlay one particular bar onto another specific bar - leaving the other two as is. Is this possible? I have looked at the 'Overlap' option but unfortunately while this is on the right theme, it overlaps everything! Any help greatly appreciated! On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Don <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I have set-up a bar-graph consisting of four horizontal bars. I would like >to overlay one particular bar onto another specific bar - leaving ...

Transfers #5
How do I keep transfers between accounts and institutions from showing up as expenses and income in monthly and other reports. Must be something simple but I have yet to find it. Thanks! M05/M06? Essential Register? Category "Credit Card Payments/Transfer"? In Advanced Register, there is a special Category called "Transfer" and another called "Credit Card Payment". They are precisely for this purpose. Set Money to use Advanced Registers if you haven't already. Also see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=167 re. the entirely bogus Expense Category calle...

Exchange 5.5 RPC Problems
Our 5.5/SP4 environment has started to be problematic regularly, since it's been in a mixed AD 2003/5.5 site. The 3x 5.5mailbox servers will "randomly" lose RPC conenctivity to Outlook clients, however OWA will continue to work. There's nothing suspicious logged in the event logs. The only fix is to restart the information store, or if it's our IMAP server, we have to restart the whole server otherwsie IMAP won't work. Any clues, or tools? I've tried RCP Ping tools but the documentation is shitty. How can I use that to determine the availability, ideally I coul...

VLOOKUP #5
Hi, Can someone please help me. I am using Vlookup to look up a table and bring nack relevant information. When the information is not found vlookup returns N/A. Is there any way of vlookup returning an empty cell if no info is found Rgds Gordon =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),"",VLOOKUP(....)) HTH -- AP "gordo" <gordon.brown24@btinternet.com> a �crit dans le message de news:1143878499.265471.15390@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > Can someone please help me. I am using Vlookup to look up a table and > bring nack relevant information. When the informa...

send/recieve error #5
After me pc has been online for most of the day, then left idle when I try to sync I get a send/recieve error and have to restart to correct the problem? Any sugestion. ...

Exchange 5.5 server not updating Service Pack.
Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 5.5 loaded on it. Windows was at SP2, and Exchange was at SP1. Updated Windows to SP4, rebooted, all works well. Went to update Exchange to SP4, and it tells me that a newer version is already installed, and Update quits. Same thing happens with SP3 or SP4 for Exchange. I can check the Mad.exe and the Store.exe, and both versions report Version 6.0 Build 4712.7 (Service Pack 1). This does not make any sense to me. I know you do not have to install Exchange SP's before Windows, as I have loaded other Win2K boxes, updated to SP4 and then upgraded Exc...

Wince 5.0 Sdio
Hi Experts, I have one doubt regarding sdio support in windows ce 5.0. Which type of sdio specification is support in windows ce 5.0? Is it support sdio 1.1 compatible devices? please reply... This is the wrong newsgroup for CE. Try a CE newsgroup. "Sreehari" <anumanubhaskar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8d372451-ce01-4e1b-9e35-3fd5b8d2fce3@13g2000prl.googlegroups.com... > Hi Experts, > > I have one doubt regarding sdio support in windows ce 5.0. Which > type of sdio specification is support in windows ce 5.0? Is it support > sdio 1.1 ...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking #5
The Template Wizard is not part of excel 2003 and I can't find it on Microsoft's web site as an add in. Is it still available? If not, how can I recreate it? Thanks. ...

AOL address book to Outlook Express 6 Question
Is there any way to export from AOL into OE 6 or import from AOL into OE 6 my AOL 9.5 address book?? I use OE6 to get my AOL mail so I can read it without having to be online continuous. TIA cf. http://www.broadband-to-go.com/help/aol-address-book.htm cf. http://www.ehow.com/how_5055126_convert-address-book-outlook-express.html kraut wrote: > Is there any way to export from AOL into OE 6 or import from AOL into > OE 6 my AOL 9.5 address book?? > > I use OE6 to get my AOL mail so I can read it without having to be > online continuous. > &...

outlook express #35
other then requesting a receipt for messages received from receipent is there another way of finding out if the message did reach the intended receipent??? ...

Real Exchange 5.5 issues
I just attempted to upgrade my Exchange 5.5 server to sp4. It was not the smoothest process to say the least. When I open the exchange administrator console and click on the help menu then about it says version 5.5 (build 2653.23: Service Pack 4). However when I check the properties on the server, it says version 5.5 (build 2448.8: Service Pack 2). When I start the exchange admin in raw mode there is no way to change the version of the server and I am receiving errors when I try to generate new email addresses (KB article 158336). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Aaron Hi Aa...

Expressions using multiple records
I am tracking production equipment effectiveness. Operators are selecting the tool designator from a list, entering an event type and the date/time of the event start. A query pulls out records for a particular tool, sorted by date/time. I'd like to add a calculated field that shows event duration, but that involves using the event start date/time from more than one record. In other words the event duration is defined by a record's start date/time and is cut off by the following record's event start date/time. A simple subtraction if I can pull in the same field from tw...

Exchange 5.5
I maintain an Exchange 5.5 server with 150 mailboxes. It is the standard version of Exchange, so I am limited by the 16 gigabyte cap on my Priv.edb file. I do not have any public folders We are currently planning to upgrade the server, but we need to keep it running on 5.5 for at least a few more months. Lately, we have been getting closer and closer to our 16 gig limit A mailbox cleanup is conducted every day of all mail older than one week. Mail is deleted from all folders and the deleted items storage during this cleanup, which is performed using Exchange Administrator. Deleted Items...

Exchange 5.5 reboot required
On our Exchange server that is running exchange 5.5 and NT 4 we have to reboot it everytime we add a new user to E-Mail and our AD on the 2003 server before the user can log into there E-Mail. Any Ideas? The Exchange server can see the user in User manager and I can assign the user as the primary mail account but it denies security like the SID is not being propergated to the NT 4 server until you reboot it. Are the databases replicating between nt 40 and ad? "Tim Comes" wrote: > On our Exchange server that is running exchange 5.5 and NT 4 we have to > reboot it every...

Outlook won't start #5
I had to re-install Outlook 2000 and now when i try to open i get an "the operation failed" message and it closes - i can open a new email, appointement etc from the office toolbar however. i have tried to repair and re- install but no help. ...

how to get the means and stdandard errors of every row in 5 coulum
Hi, can you tell me how to get statistics on five different colums of numbers: specifically, how to get means and st. errors of every row in five columns. Thanks, Joanna "jt42" wrote: > Hi, can you tell me how to get statistics on five different > colums of numbers: specifically, how to get means and > st. errors of every row in five columns. I assume you mean "of each row". The formula =AVERAGE(A1:E1) provides the average of row 1. The formula =STDEV(A1:E1) provides the standard deviation. The standard error is =STDEV(A1:E1)/SQRT(COUNT(A1:E1)) . Use STDEVP(...

Outlook express help #2
Hi, Could someone please sugest. I have a .pst file with all of my messages from the previous job. Can I import it in the outlook experss on another machine? Do I need to have the same version of Outlook express as before? Thanks, Igor "igor" <ebforce1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:090801c46e63$c39201c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Could someone please sugest. I have a .pst file with all > of my messages from the previous job. Can I import it in > the outlook experss on another machine? Do I need to have > the same version of Outlook express as bef...

Outlook Express #23
I am migrating my e-mail from Netscape 6.0 to Outlook Express but it doesn't work. It looks like the import option only imports older netscape mail versions. Does any one have any ideas?? Please help. Thx. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=...

Outlook Express message store help!...
I recently uninstalled IE6 and then reinstalled it the next day. Now I can't lunch Outlook Express, I get the error message: "Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open Outlook Express message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full." I have plenty of memory and disk space. How do I fix this problem? Thanks for your help!... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.ou...

outlook express 6.0 #13
Hi folks,when i try to send a web page via e mail,i getted asked for my login details,even though they are correct ,outlook says they are invalid,please help,thanks in advance "j4y" wrote in message news:460B2C90-12C5-4C9E-9F44-609546EB3DAB@microsoft.com... > Hi folks,when i try to send a web page via e mail,i getted asked for > my login > details,even though they are correct ,outlook says they are > invalid,please > help,thanks in advance There is no "express" in the name of this newsgroup. Outlook and Outlook Express are entirely separate products...

Outlook express 10-19-03
I have messages in the deleted folder but can not empty the folder nor can I delete any more items. Is there a setting I can change to fix this? ...

Top 5 vs Bottom 5
Here is the problem I have now I am trying to view the top 5 in a group of data. I have been trying to use the formula as follows: =VLOOKUP(LARGE($I$2:$I$1000,1),$I$2:$BW$1000,67,FALSE) =VLOOKUP(LARGE($I$2:$I$1000,2),$I$2:$BW$1000,67,FALSE) =VLOOKUP(LARGE($I$2:$I$1000,3),$I$2:$BW$1000,67,FALSE) =VLOOKUP(LARGE($I$2:$I$1000,4),$I$2:$BW$1000,67,FALSE) =VLOOKUP(LARGE($I$2:$I$1000,5),$I$2:$BW$1000,67,FALSE) I have these in Cells BZ2-6. Col I has the data that I need to be sorted into the top five and column BW has the data I need as to what person that data belongs to which is the info I need...

Originator in 5.5 queue is <>
It looks like my exchange 5.5 server is being used for relays or something. When I check the queues in my IMC connector, there is invariably 10 to 20 messages all from originator <>. Any idea what is happening here and how I can prevent unauthorized relaying? I have read MS articles and gone through securing the server, but I must have missed something, or there is a larger problem. Thanks for your time, Aaron Most of the time these ndr's being sent back by your server as a result of a legitimate or SPAM being misaddressed to your domain. The <> sender is used to prevent m...