Oulook & 2 exchanges (!)

Quick question I hope
We have two sites, different domains, two Exchange servers, vpn
connection between them (not set up yet)Is it possible to set up outlook
  so that it read mail from both domains?
0
me994 (146)

Use two profiles.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Stormy asked:

| Quick question I hope
| We have two sites, different domains, two Exchange servers, vpn
| connection between them (not set up yet)Is it possible to set up
|  outlook so that it read mail from both domains?

0
MillyS (3228)
7/14/2006 12:12:19 PM
Or use IMAP for one, if it's supported.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" =
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmeatmvps.org> wrote in message =
> Use two profiles.
>=20
> --=81
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>=20
> reading.
>=20
> After furious head scratching, Stormy asked:
>=20
> | Quick question I hope
> | We have two sites, different domains, two Exchange servers, vpn
> | connection between them (not set up yet)Is it possible to set up
> |  outlook so that it read mail from both domains?=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
7/14/2006 1:10:52 PM
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> Or use IMAP for one, if it's supported.

Without wishing to sound more dense than I am, howdo I do that? or do I
need to buy your book :-))(only joking, I may well)
0
me994 (146)
7/15/2006 5:14:04 PM
Tools | Email Accounts and set up a new account using the IMAP protocol. =
Ask the Exchange administrator (a) if IMAP is supported on that server =
and if so (b) what the login server address would be.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Stormy" <me@home.com> wrote in message =
> Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
>> Or use IMAP for one, if it's supported.=20
>>=20
> Without wishing to sound more dense than I am, howdo I do that? or do =
I=20
> need to buy your book :-))(only joking, I may well)
0
suemvp (4038)

Exchange 2007 and Antivirus
Hi! I'm running a small server wich is a x64 machine, with W2K3 R2 and Exchange Server 2007 installed. Since it's for a small and medium business, my client a bit tight on budget. What are the most suitable (and affordable) Antivirus solutions (no Anti Spam feature required) available on the market? (beware: it's a 64 bits machine) Help appreciated. Nicolas Hi Nick, Most of the antivirus do support 64 bit. What we will suggest, why not you look into Microsoft Forefront? Cheers "Nicolas Macarez" wrote: > Hi! > I'm running a small server wich is a x64 mac...

Linking 2 workbooks
What is the formula/procedure to link an entry in a Source workbook to an identified name in another workbook? Example: Sam makes numerous donations over time that are entered into the main spreadsheet. Entry of a given donation should automatically appear as a separate entry in his own identified workbook. ...

2 different Deleted Items folders??
Decided to try Outlook after years with OE. Set up email and news accounts. Imported messages from OE. When I open Outlook, show Folders, I see Outlook Today - [Personal Folders], Deleted Items, Inbox, etc. I emptied the Deleted Items folder. Then, View, Goto, News, show Folders, I see Outlook Newsreader, Local Folders, then most of the same folders that I see under Personal Folders in the Outlook window, including another Deleted Items folder, and this one isn't empty. Where did I go wrong? Al The Outlook Newsreader is actually Outlook Express which maintains its own folder...

MS Money small business for Canada #2
Hi, I would like to purchase MS Money small business to handle my company accountings. I am located in Canada and was wondering how flexible this product is to be customized for Canadian Tax system and payroll rules. Regards, Alex In microsoft.public.money, Alex wrote: > > >I would like to purchase MS Money small business to handle my company >accountings. I am located in Canada and was wondering how flexible this >product is to be customized for Canadian Tax system and payroll rules. The last such product was Money 2000. Today only Standard is available for Canada. Th...

get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates
Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? Thanks, Racsus (Racsus@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > Hi, how can I get number of monday, tuesday,... between 2 dates? DECLARE @offset int, @day varchar(10) SELECT @day = 'Tuesday' SELECT @offset = CASE @day WHEN 'Monday' THEN 1 WHEN 'Tuesday' THEN 2 WHEN 'Mittwoch' THEN 3 WHEN 'Thursday' THEN 4 WHEN 'Friday' THEN 5 ...

RSS Feed of Exchange Resource Calendar...
Has anyone heard of, or figured out a way to produce an RSS feed from a resource calendar? We are looking to use this as a feed to our Digital Signage solution. Thank you in advance! Brad -- Bradley Johnson Systems Engineer Parallel Technologies Minneapolis, MN ...

MSPOS 2.0
To change the behavior of the screen's min/max buttons one must enable it through the POS View. Need to be able to set this in Manager View also for non-POS machines without having to hack the database. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

Auto Format #2
Can't find Auto Format, did excel 2007 decide not to have this function, is there a similiar function to be used instead of autoformat? Hi Ness! If you want to select a formatting for your table select Format as Table in the Home Tab of the Ribbon. I believe that is the replacement for the Auto Format command in the previous versions of Microsoft Excel. Hope this Helps! -- Chester C. Coronel Junior BSIT Student University of Asia and the Pacific, Philippines Read the StudentEmpowered Blog!http://msforums.ph/blogs/chestercoronel "Ness" wrote: > Can't find Auto F...

CRM Exchange Router 05-26-06
Hello, I am using CRM 3.0 and installed router services on exchange 2003 machine. During installation of router i had created crm@domain.com user in AD and added to crm mailbox now i want to deploy rule so that router sends incoming mails on support@domain.com to CRM (and creates activity in crm) Can anybody guide me, how can i acheive this? I will appreciate any help :-) thanx & regards, Here you go: 1. Settings >> Business Units >> Queues >> create a Queue with email matching support@domain.com 2. Perform the Microsoft CRM Rule Deployment wizard on the Que...

Because the Exchange MTA is disabled, the store driver...
I suddenly have a huge problem on my exchange 2003 (running on SBS). Trying to fix the not running Exchange MTA (Bad ideer, is it was ok in the not running state DOH) service I uninstalled the SMTP service, and reinstalled it! The result of that was a smashed Exchange server. Now I can't get it to relay for any of my domains anymore, and everytime someone send an email, the Event log on my server will tell me that It cant deliver the Email because the Exchange MTA service is not running. Could you please help me get it back up and running, or at least give me some clues ...

Unable to send emails #2
My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks "TPSchaefer" <TPSchaefer@hotmail.com> wrote: >My mail server is not sending out emails. When I perform an NSLookup on the >server's IP address I get an UNKNOWN for the server name. > >Any ideas would be appreciated. Fix your DNS or your network connection to your DNS. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm I have...

XML ASP.NET 2.o Issue
Hi, I have the following code and I'm using News.xsl to read the XML file - Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load '---------------------------------------------------------------------------- THIS PAST (myXml.Document) IS NOT WORKING IN ASP.NET 2.0 '---------------------------------------------------------------------------- myXml.Document = getXML(nSource.SelectedItem.Value) End Sub Function getXML(ByVal sourceFile As String) Dim myRequest As System.Net.WebRequest = System.Net.WebRequest....

ms pos 1.2 weird word jumble
Store Operations Manager was not working, so I did a repair install. After the repair, the wrong phrases were in the wrong spot. For example, instead of cancel it says "category code" and instead of file it says "Filter:" Does anyone has an idea how to fix this? I took a screenshot of the home screen so you can see the weirdness for yourself: http://picasaweb.google.com/MissVoldemort/Weird#5349426894521446370 ------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Account...

Exchange 5.5 Backup problem with Arcserve Backup v9
I just installed Arcserve Backup Agent for Exchange on my NT sp6 with exchange 5.5 sp4. The base product was installed on the backup server (win2k) with the tape drive. I scheduled a backup on the backup server, to backup the Exchange 5.5 server. It failed with error message: "Invaild username or password was submitted". I was not prompted for username or password when scheduling the backup job. Any idea will be appreciated. WS wrote: > I just installed Arcserve Backup Agent for Exchange on my NT sp6 with > exchange 5.5 sp4. > The base product was installed on the backu...

Spinning off a division into a new company
Our company recently sold off one of our divisions. My supervisor wants us to take one of our stand-alone Exchange servers, move all the mailboxes from that division from the cluster to the stand-alone server, and then break the network connection between the stand-alone Exchagne server and the rest of the Exchange environment. As a part of this, a similar thing will be done with AD. 2 weeks later, this "child" domain will be migrated into the new company AD/Exchange structure. My question is whether this will work. I would prefer to set up a new domain and just migrate t...

Exchange 2003 MTA pooling
Is it possible to setup Exchange 2003 to perform pooling when sending messages out via X.400? So for example, if I have 4 X.400 connectors with the same address space that go to different external MTAs, can I set the cost to 1 on all the connectors and Exchange will decide which connector to use? What are you connecting to on the remote side - Routing Groups within the same Org or external MTAs to external messaging systems? If it's the former (connecting Routing Groups), no true load-balancing (assume that's what you mean by "pooling") is performed between X.400 Conne...

Exchange 5.5 in AD question
Hello all- Running exch 5.5 sp4 on a windows 2000 server in a NT 4 domain - one site, one server - about 650 mailboxes - 40GB IS - works perfectly. My goals for 07 are: Upgrade domain to AD Upgrade 5.5 to 2000 Upgrade 2000 to 2003 My thought process is that I really would rather do in-place upgrades, and it seems like I can if I follow that patter (I know you can't go in-place from 5.5 to 2000). My question is about the first step. I know that in mixed-mode AD, the exchange 5.5 box will 'think' it's in a legacy NT4 domain. On the weekend that I upgrade the domain t...

Xml validation against xsd #2

Missing Recipients #2
We are running Exchange Server 2003 on Windows Server 2003 with all of the service packs for both. Recently we noticed that when users sent email sometimes the recipients would appar blank. The recipients were present when the email was sent and they also received the message, however when we look in sent items or the recipient pulls up the message in their inbox it will just display a blank field in the To field. I am certain that they are not using the BCC field and it happens to multiple users so it's not specific to somebody's computer. What is causing this issue? ...

Multiplication error #2
I noticed that Excel 2003 calculates: 7.5*1.2=8.7 when the correct answer is 9.0. It did this as part of a formula where the 1.2 answer came from calculating another set of numbers. When I asked Excel to calculate this answer by simply inputting those two numbers the correct answer of 9.0 came out. Does anyone have an answer as to why it does that?! Hmmm.... 8.7. Well, 7.5+1.2=8.7. Are you sure there's not a plus sign in there? ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "DeeJay" <DeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72EA8922-F5BA-486...

Auto Assigning Categories #2
Hello does any one know if this is possible: Can I bulk assign categories to transactions that have already been imported into money from my bank. Is there a way to assign one transaction then have Money update all similar transactions with my the new category assignment. Also will money remember the new category assignment and auto assign all similar future transactions? -- Joe In microsoft.public.money, Joe Robison wrote: >Hello does any one know if this is possible: Can I bulk assign categories to >transactions that have already been imported into money from my bank. I...

dynamic named range #2
thank-you, as usual, top notch! E -- ExcelMonke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ExcelMonkey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=522 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26678 ...

Domino and Exchange 2003 SMTP How do you run both at the same time ?
Currently my company is migrating from Lotus Notes (ver 5.010) to Exchange 2003 Server. I had the mx record for our domain changed to add the new exchange server and the priority is set the same as the notes server. I set it up this way because I was told that e-mail would check both servers and would go to the server which the user had an e-mail account on. I was trying to make migration easier by being able to move people to the new server in small groups instead of causing mass confusion and un-controlled anger at their favorite MIS guy... What happens is the exchange server sends a bounc...

exchange 5.5 fail to start error 1002 and 1166 MsexchangeDS
HELLO; Today my server get down ; i restart the server ; now i have this error: Source: MSExchangeDS Event ID: 1166 Description: "Error -1911 has occurred. Internal ID 2030148" i try to put again the sp4 of exchange5.5 ; but it don't want ; when i do eseutil /hm on the pub.edb ; priv.edb and dir.edb i have the word "inconsistent" ; what do you think i must do now? thanks run isinteg or restore from backup... "Marvin P. Winterbottom" <MarvinPWinterbottom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E822579-41A4-43F6-808B-9065854BED1B@microsoft...

sorting text in 2 columns by likeness
I have 2 columns of text with number values associated with them. Amy 21 Amanda 12 Bill 12 Amy 18 Chris 32 Bill 23 Kathy 8 Chris 12 Kim 15 Curtis 32 Todd 23 Katrhy 21 Todd 5 I need to be able to sort these like this Amanda 12 Amy 21 Amy 18 Bill 12 Bill 23 Chris 32 Chris ...