Other users folder

When you go to file and open and then select other users
folder to open, how do you then clear that users name out
fromt he drop down menu after that?
0
shulzlm (1)

The eassiest way to do this is by opening a lot of other folders ;-)
Recreating the mail profile also does the trick.

The entries are stored in the registry but that key hasn't been designed for
manual editing and you could easily end up corruping your mail profile.
Anyway; the key is located here;
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
Messaging Subsystem\Profiles]

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Shulz" <shulzlm@ayhoo.com> wrote in message
> When you go to file and open and then select other users
> folder to open, how do you then clear that users name out
> fromt he drop down menu after that?

0
Roady

Compacting Personal Folders File with OL2003
I have worked many years with MS Outlook in various versions starting with Outlook98. My Personal Folders file is now almost 2 Gb in size so I decided to restructure it by creating a new OL2003 type personal folders fileand move a large number of emails into this new archive file. After doing this it has reached a size of 900+ Mb, but the mailbox.pst file has not reduced its size in any noticeable way, maybe 1% or so. So I opened the data file management menu item and selected the old pst file and chose Compact. It starts a dialogue that says "Compacting" with a Cancel button but no...

olNavigation Folder
I am using the beta of Microsoft Office 2010 x64. I am trying to write VBA so a user can control messages with attachments, in particular, to be able to select messages or an outlook folder and then specify where to save the attachments. I have managed to put together some code that allows the user to select a folder and place the attachments in a folder I hard code, but I haven't been able to gogure out how to give them a dialog where they can select/create a folder of their choosing. Does such a thing exist in VBA 2010? Using the Object Browser I found a series of methods ...

Any way to recreate lost System Public Folders
Hi, Is there any way to recreate lost System Public Folders if you don't have available any of their replica??? (EFORMS REGISTRY, Events root, OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK, SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY etc) The first Exchange 2000 Server which was installed in the Administrative Group and which was holding the only replica of most of the System Public Folders was crashed and there is no backup to recover from it. I would appreciate anyone's help. Thanks, Soti See the following TechNet article XADM: How to Reset System Folders on an Exchange 2000 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?s...

Outlook
We're running Exchange Server 2003/Outlook and running into a problem with Public Folders. When an item is received via an email enabled public folder, there is a delay in that item displaying in Outlook. Sometimes the delay is a few minutes, other times is can be as much as 20 minutes. Interestingly, we have rules enabled on the public folders to notify users when specific items are recieved. These notifactions are sent immediately, yet looking at the public folder, you can not yet 'see' the item. This tells me Exchange has indeed recieved the item, but not yet updated Outloo...

Schema-root public folder -migrating between exchange 2003 servers
Hi I'm migrating from an older 2003 server to a newer one (running concurrently). I read through the microsoft document on removing the first exchange server and setup replica's on the new server. One of the folders is the schema-root. Now I'm seeing two entries for the schema-root on both servers. One is the replicated one from the first server, the other I assume is from the new server. Both are replicated to each server. I'm beginning to think that I shouldn't have replicated the schema-root folder from the first server. Any idea if that is right? If I stop the...

cannot see user in GAL with 5.5 server
We recreated a user's mailbox due to mailbox corruption and her mailbox resides on an exchange 2003 server. I still have the AD Connector in place as well to talk with the exchange 5.5 server. I can view the user in system manager but not in the receipient list in Exchange 5.5 Admin tool. I already forced the RUS to replicate. I also replicated the AD connector config and all the domain controllers. Is there any other way to get my user to show in the GAL? Any help would be appreciated! -- leachkm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http:...

Adding a Gmail IMAP tag/folder to Entourage
I created a new Gmail tag called travel. In Mail it immediately appears as an IMAP folder. How do I do this in Entourage. I refreshed the message lists etc. On 5/15/10 3:46 PM, in article 9dd4e304-c593-4248-866a-b79e0324ea27@q8g2000vbm.googlegroups.com, "Kerry" <kerry@fastmail.net> wrote: > I created a new Gmail tag called travel. In Mail it immediately > appears as an IMAP folder. How do I do this in Entourage. I refreshed > the message lists etc. Click on the account in the folder list. Select "Receive complete folder list". -- Diane Ros...

New User has admin rights

Spam sent to one user goes to other users ?
Users in general complain that all of sudden junk e-mail appears in their Inboxes, but I see that "to" line is to=myUserA@mycompany.com. That means that the spam that targeted myuserA appears in the inboxes of myUserB and everybody else. Although users that receive such e-mail are various so far, the "to" line is consistent 'to=myUserA'. This is very interesting because I do have MailEssentials running and blocking mail based on DNSBL. Have you ever seen such thing ? -----Original Message----- From: Beau Morton [mailto:whitener@doneasy.com] Sent: Friday, Marc...

outlook reqeusting user name and password
with in the pass few weeks some of the client machines running Outlook 2002 have started asking for the users name, password and domain. even though the client is logged onto the network already, the client cannot log onto Outlook. repeated attemps with the correct user name and password always fail. the problem started with one machine, then another, then another. Now only two of our 6 client machines can log into Outlook. Any idea? uhm, have their passwords expired? Have you verified the clients are configured to using the appropriate security? "Bob" <bob@data-r...

Folders
I have just had my system re-imaged and since that has happened i can only see the new files i saved. i can no longer view the files i created before the re-image. the files are stored on a network drive. can any one tell me why this may be happening I can only guess what happened. It is possible that Excel or any other program for that matter is not pointing to the network drive where your old files are stored. The new files created, might be on your 'C' drive. With Excel running click on Open and in 'Look in' change the drive to the network drive (example; Charl...

HTTP Error when accessing properties of Public Folders
Greetings.... First, thanks for the previous help I have received in this forum. ;) I will try to keep this brief, but afraid it may require more...........Exch2k Server with all service packs up to date. Moving accounts and Public Folder structure from one Exch2k server to another. Will be removing the older of the two from the domain when done. Right-click on the Public Folder to look at the properties of the folder to setup replication of the folder and get the following error message: The HTTP Service used by Public Folders is not available, possible causes are that Public Stor...

Set defaults for new folders
When creating a new folder, two features are set as deafults (among others) that I would like to turn off: Reading Pane ON, and Group Messages by Date Received. Where can I customize the defaults for all new folders? Autstin, Sorry to say, but these items cannot be pre-configured or deployed. Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "AustinJerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C55712D-328B-4A61-960B-E9D178B9FFC8@microsoft.com... > When creating a new fol...

Help. Wrong home mta for all users
Gang, using adsiedit I have found that all of my users have the incorrect home mta: It looks like this: CN=Microsoft MTA\ DEL:fa6b4c63-7cdb-43c0-aa14-fb19c4e855b5,CN=Deleted Objects,CN=Configuration,DC=Health,DC=org Is there a way that I can change this for all users at once? Script/csv/ldf/admodify.net -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <troute_kilgore@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1169148159.997905.48020@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Gang, using adsiedit I have...

Sent mail is not in sent folder
I send a message with attachments, it sends fine. When I go into the Sent folder to view and print a copy of my sent message there is nothing in it. I checked the tools and made sure the box was checked for saving a copy of sent mail. I checked every folder and they are nowhere to be found. While in Sent Items: View | Current View. Is: Show All Messages checked and nothing else? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "GatewayPA" <GatewayPA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35274335-45C7-4A15-9B1B-B453AD23A...

Public Folder Items
It appears by default there is no way in a Public accessed through outlook to view the amount of items in the folder such as the way you see in your outlook inbox. I realize you can see the amount of items in Sys Manager or using PFAdmin but is there anyway to view this in outlook for the everyday user, same as outlook inbox..... thanks, KJK In news:9898986D-4A9E-40FA-BCA9-160040629CA9@microsoft.com, KJK <KJK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > It appears by default there is no way in a Public accessed through > outlook to view the amount of items in the folder such as th...

Outlook and Offline Folders using IMAP #2
I'm running Outlook 2007. It seams to support the IMAP protocol reasonably well. However, I can't figure out how to move messages between folders when I'm offline (it gives an error message saying I can't, see below). This same operation works fine in MS Windows Mail (the equivalent of Outlook Express that ships with Windows Vista) and Mozilla Thunderbird. It's clearly not a limitation of IMAP. I can download messages and read and delete them when I'm offline. I just can't move them between folders unless I'm online. Since Outlook synchronizes any change...

public folder issue 2007
Succesfully upgraded to 2007 server, except im having a few issues with some public folders we have a folder with subfolders on the public folder list eg TOPLEVEL -------SUB1 -------SUB2 -------SUB3 -------SUB4 -------SUB5 however since conversion, i'm unable to access some of the subfolders (but only some!) - i get a error message saying "cannot display the folder. this folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem on the server. contact your microsoft exchange admin for assistance", I cant even admin the permissions from outlook either ? any ideas ? ...

Folders open at oldest email
Several of my subfolders for recieved mail (I filter received mail into specific sub-folders) open up at the oldest message (i.e. bottom of the list) rather than at the last message reviewed or top of the list. How/where is this configured? (Outlook 2003) Thanks ChiefDarkCloud Display reading pane at the bottom, click on the Received column header. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, cal2833@hotmail.com asked: | Se...

Can access it's shared folders, but cannot access the computer directly through network
Need help from all the techies, I have a Windows XP Pro SP2 PC which is made as a server. In the network I have another 5 pc (Windows XP Pro SP2) connected to this server as workstations. From all the workstations, I am *able to open all the shared folders of the server*, but when I tried in the *Run* with *\\server*, I'd get an error saying " *access is denied.* ". I cannot gain access to the server but can open it's shared folders. I have scanned for viruses/spywares/malwares. All cleaned up, but the problem still persists. Can anyone help me? Thank you. ...

Public Folder Views don't Propagate
This is a repost from the Outlook forums.... Strange problem... Looking for some help. As an Owner of a public folder I create Views for everyone to use. On one Exchange 2000 Server system, we have users who have Outlook 2000, 2002, and 2003. When a new view is created, and a user navigates to the public folder, a new view is seen. If I modify the view after the user has already gone to the Public Folder and seen the folder, the modifications to the view are NOT propagated. I know the Views are invisible messages in a folder, but this is the first Exchange Server that I've seen beha...

Text From User Forms
Hi I am creating a user form where data is entered into text boxes. Once the operator has input data into a text box I want to use a command button on the user form to save the file. One text box will have a request date entered as the value and another will have the name of the requestor as the value. I want the command button to create the filename as these two values. Could someone offer some advice please. Thanks. Matt Matt, Activeworkbook.SaveAs filename: ="C:\your path\" & Textbox1.Text & " " & Textbox2.Text HTH Henry "Matt G" &l...

Default Rules folder
When a message is highlighted in outlook and you click the organize button, the organize/rules box appears at the top of the screen. For the rule to move the item to the selected folder, the folder that is defaulted to is "INBOX". How would I change that so the folder that appears by default is "Deleted Items"? Thanks, Russell ...

User Defined fields should be accessible from shipping address
The current relationship does not allow for the customer to use the user defined fields from the ship to address. The reason for GP not pulling the information for the shipping address in the Customer Address Master File (RM00102) is because it is already pulling the information in the Sales Transaction Work tables (SOP10100). Unlike the billing information, the shipping address can already be seen in the SOP10100 table and this is why the table relationship between the RM00102 and SOP10100 tables is based on the Bill to Address. There should be an additional relationship so you can p...

Change Office Language by User
I think I've read enough in these pages to know that it's not possible to get Office to work in more than one language for a single User (I mean menu commands, dialogs, etc. -- not talking about dictionaries, puntuation, etc.). But does anyone know whether or not Office can be configured in two different languages on the same Mac (Mac mini, 10.4, pre-Intel), one different language for each of two different Users? When my Mac starts up, I have two Users set up, one for me in English, one for my mother-in-law in French. The OS is perfectly comfortable switching back and forth between la...