Operation Failed when sending e-mail

I have Outlook 98 installed on Windows 2003 Terminal
Server.  At the the moment the clients are foreced to use
Outlook Rich Text format as their e-mail editor.

The customer has decided that they want to use Word as the
e-mail editor, so I changed the policy to force the
Clients to use Word.  All this works fine no problem,
Outlook opens OK and you can happily type an e-mail,
inlcuding attachments and hyperlinks etc.  But when you
click on send, it says "Operation Failed".

I tried sending a blank e-mail with no attachments and the
same thing happens.

Does any one have any idea's what might be causing this.
Unfortunately the error message does not produce any error
codes any where!

Thanks.
0
anonymous (74722)

Get error message 0x800CCC131 evreytime I try to send e-mail Can anybody h send
I assume you're using a Hotmail account? That error message is something saying that Outlook has sent a bad request. Generally, this comes from a proxy server or firewall that doesn't understand the HTTP/DAV protocol that is used to talk to Hotmail. I'd say that someone (either your ISP or your network administrator) recently installed or reconfigured a proxy server between you and the Internet. Contact the proper person and ask them to either upgrade or reconfigure in order to support HTTP/DAV. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS&quo...

Can I delay the delivery of a mail-merged email message?
I am used to delaying the delivery of a single email message by amending the delivery options in Outlook. I would also like to do so for a mail-merged (personalised) email message that I wish to send to a group today, but do not want to be delivered until tomorrow. My mail-merged email messages are created in Word, via Mailing and Mail Wizard. Can I amend delivery options here, and if so, how? Thank you! AFAIK, you can't set the options on the message during a merge. Create a rule to delay all mail with the same subject for 10 min (or more) then set the option on ea...

Send/Receive function stops working...?
Howdy, I run OL2000 with Win2K Pro. Often (perhaps twice a day) the send/receive button stops working. Specifically, on clicking the button, its look changes as if properly functioning, but then nothing further happens. The same is true if I attempt to launch a send/receive cycle from the menu. I cannot just send either. Re-booting solves the problem every time. What might this be about, and is there a solution? Sincere thanks, -- Kenneth If you email... Please remove the "SPAMLESS." ...

Secondary DPM and failing recovery point creation
Hi, I setup a secondary DPM server and testing it. For some reason I cant get the daily jobs to finish without failing for one PG. I setup 2 PGs, one for SQL/Sharepoint/Exchange syncing at 10AM, and one for the server C/D/E drives and SystemStates syncing at 11AM. The server's PG job's has been faling daily with below error: "No recovery point was created, either because synchronization has not occurred since the last recovery point was created, or because no changes were found during synchronization. (ID 208)" What would cause this? Thanks... Have th...

Public Folder access without e-mail address
Hello, We have a situation where we will be using a temp receptionist for a period of time and they need access to a Public Folder to add contacts but the IT manager does not want her to be able send/receive e-mail. Is there a way to setup a mailbox without an e-mail or disable the ability to send/receive mail but still allow Public Folder access?? Thanks you could configure a mailbox with restrictions so that she could not send or receive any email... "Eric M." <eric.moore@2arcanum.com> wrote in message news:3aaa01c4a575$fefe6ca0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > ...

Can't remove "send message" toolbar
I have an excel file that I use frequently. I sent it as an e-mail, and saved the file when den with it. Now when I open it, it has several lines under the usual toolbars dealing with "sending e-mail" ie Send this sheet, to, cc, subject etc. I've looked all over and can't seem to be able to toggle this feature on or off. The file itself works fine, and I assume this is a toolbar feature to allow for quick e-mailing, but would like to remove it. Answered my own question. You click on the e-mail icon in the standard toolbar to remove it. "Scott" wrote:...

Cannot show bcc's in sent mail, what are the options ?
I have become an Office 2007 userrecently. Mails sent with 'show bcc' will show those bcc's afterwards. I have not found a way to show the bcc's that I used when sending messages w.o. that option. The same for imported mails from my Office 200 (that used to show those bcc's !!). Does anybody know a way ? For me it's important because I did sent fundraising mails with dozens of bcc's that I really need to remember. Used to workfine in former Office versions. PW51 wrote: > I have become an Office 2007 userrecently. > Mails sent with 'sho...

Routing mail to different e-mail address or domains
We recently upgrade to Exchange 2003 and the question I have is that we have different e-mail domain thru the company. The default is 123.com which is used by my ISP to route our e-mails, and we have 456.com and also 789.net. I know on 5.5 that was place where you can tell the system reroute all SMTP to these domains where in 2003 can I configure to have the same process. Do you mean you need to receive inbound messages for these additional domains? If yes, you'll need to create Recipient Policies to generate addresses for these domains (@456.coma nd 789.net), and have the necessar...

BitBlt operation into printer DC causes blue screen under vista
Hi, I am doing a BitBlt operation into a printer DC, which causes a blue screen under vista. The same operation works perfectly under XP. Any ideas? Thanks a lot, Thomas Have you tried running it under the debugger to see if you can identify the problem? I don't see how anyone can help with the amount of information you have provided so far. AliR. "milonass" <milonass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28CBDC32-E850-46A7-8815-9F0C6D20236E@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am doing a BitBlt operation into a printer DC, which causes a blue > ...

Create Organization failed
I've moved my deployment to the production server and now want to create a new organization for testing purposes on the developmente server. When I run the New Organization wizard i get this error: Error| Create new Organization (Name=BigSky, Id=3a238cdc-773f-de11-81d3-000d9d4d28a8) failed with Exception: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x80072037): There is a naming violation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072037) I have had the same problem and sam...

Mail stuck in queue "450 Client host Rejected..."
On a 5.5 SP4 Exchange box, I have mail to one domain stuck in otgoing queue with the following error "450 Client host rejected: Cannot find your hostname" To me this sounds like the intended recipients email server is doing a reverse lookup to verify the sende and not finding our server. Is this correct? Is the problem more likely to be on my end or their end? Best regards, -Karl "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >On a 5.5 SP4 Exchange box, I have mail to one domain stuck in otgoing queue >with the following error "450 Client host reje...

Insert "Send to associate" link in Pub 2000 web?
I am making a website in Publisher 2000 and would like to add a link for the viewer to be able to "email page to an associate". Is there a way to do this? Thank you. refer to http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=97 David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "colleen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:047401c4bdd0$225109c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I am making a website in Publisher 2000 and would like to > add a link for the viewer to be able to "email page to an > associate". Is t...

Bad Mail log full (2003)
Running exchange 2003 on server 2003. The Bad Mail log fills up until the drive runs out of space. If I try to open that folder or delete the bad mail folder, it locks up and i have to reboot. The only way to clear it is to format that drive. I can find no settings to limit the amount of space the log files take up. Right now, i have the log files on a 25 GB partition and its full, i just ignore the notice that i'm running low on that disk drive and everything seems to be running ok. I'm sure there has to be a way to limit it. Thanks for any suggestions. Jason "...

Dump way to fix : failed in launching MNY2004
Delete any mymoney???.mny generated from previous errors, Copy " sample.mny" as "mymoney.mny" or "whatever.mny" Open the new file, modified it ans save. Bcz I couldn't find any answer to fix the probelm, this is the dummy trial. ...

Delete e-mails without link opening automatically
Various ads and e-mail messages will open while I am right clicking and trying to delete them. I have the options set so that e-mails do not open automatically when I view them. So you have the Preview Pane/Reading Pane disabled, then? You don't have to right-click an item to delete it...either just select it and press Delete (or click the Delete button), or hold down the SHIFT key while pressing/clicking Delete if you want to permanently delete the item instead of sending it to the Deleted Items folder. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will...

Automatically sending an Email From Outlook
Hi I have an Access database that uses a macro that I run automatically to send emails with new information to clients. Whenever I run the macro I get an Outlook warning that a program is trying to send an email and I have to click YES before it gets sent. Obviously if this process demands my attention each time an email is sent, it is of little value to me. Is there a Security setting in Outlook to stop this block from occurring? Thanks Jerry <jerry.ranch@pioneer.com> wrote in message news:e7mk525pmhiclgltpa3h1aadgjpipkiff8@4ax.com... > Hi > I have an Access database that use...

To Do List
On the right of my screen is the to do Bar and at the bottom where my to do list is supposed to be it shows the following: 'The Operation failed. An object could not be found'..any idea what the problem is and how I can fix it...? BTW I'm using Vista (although it worked previously so that should not be the issue) Hope someone can help........ Simon :-) Sorted........ Corrupted mail profile now fixed. "SiG226" <sig226@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:67388B9A-1F2E-4947-BE68-45D69361C2B5@microsoft.com... > On the right of m...

How to? Exch2003srv receive e-mail and forward to two mailbox
Hi, Our company uses Exchange 2003 Server. One of the VP made a special request that I have no idea how to deal with. Basically, he wants any e-mail send to him, internal or external, not only arrive in his exchange mail box, but also arrive at his secretary's exchange mail box, all done on the server side. So, one incoming e-mail send to two different exchange mail box at the same time. If any one can give me a pointer here and there, it would be greatly appreciate. Thanks. Sincerely, Jadefox Open the VP account properties in Active Directory Users and Computers and then go to th...

Sending e-mail Newsletters using Access Database
What is the best way to e-mail a newsletter to customers whose e-mail addresses are located in an Access Database? Thanks, -- Mike Schumann "Mike Schumann" <mike-nospam@traditions-nospam.com> wrote in message news:OeSAXmneKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > What is the best way to e-mail a newsletter to customers whose e-mail > addresses are located in an Access Database? How about: http://www.datastrat.com/Code/MultipleEmail.txt -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com Bom ...

HELP! Exch 5.5 Store.exe crashing with Dr Watson error after sending single message to 600+ external addresses
Hi, We have Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on a WinNT40SP6a server. The Exchange data folders are all on the D: drive. The current hardware config is as follows - C: 1.75GB, 166MB available D: 40.5GB, 5.6GB available RAM 512 MB P2-Xeon 550 MHz One of our users sent an e-mail with over 600 non-local addresses in the TO: field. Shortly after she sent the message the information store crashed, and there was Dr Watson error dialog, showing a 0x00000005 error (which I believe is an Access Denied) Using WordPad to look at the edb log from immediately before the crash, I see the o...

Monitoring E-mail Attachments
I have a client who would like for all E-mails that contain an attachment to be redirected to the VP of company so the VP can review the attachment and then forward it on to the receiving party. Does anyone have any solutions or advice? Thanks in advance for your help. On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 10:56:43 -0800, "Word problems" <Wordproblems@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a client who would like for all E-mails that contain an attachment to >be redirected to the VP of company so the VP can review the attachment and >then forward it on to the receiving party...

what happens to my current hotmail e-mails
I am new to Outlook, so what happens to all the e-mails currently in my Hotmail inbox and saved e-mails? Are they incorporated into the Outlook inbox nad folders? itadbloch <itadbloch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am new to Outlook, so what happens to all the e-mails currently in > my Hotmail inbox and saved e-mails? Nothing. They remain onHotmail's servers. > Are they incorporated into the Outlook inbox nad folders? Usually not. If you have a Hotmail Premium account and Outlook Live you can use your Hotmail account as the default delivery location and acc...

Exchange 2003 send as permission,please help!
Hi All I have Exchange 2003 standard. Put simply I have followed the exact ms knowledge base item on how to allow "send as " permission to another mailbox. I have selected the mailbox in question,selected avanced,security,and added in a user who i want to give the send as permission to. Then selected give send as permission to the user and got them to log off and back on again. It doesn't work and you get "you do not have permission to send on behalf of the specified user". I gave it a day in case it had to read its configeration but still no joy. Can you hel...

Mail Delivery Issues
I have two users, who get repeated delays, or undeliverable mail notices. All my other users are getting along fine. Running Exchange 2000, on a server 2000 system. 12 local users, with another 10 outside. We use a pop3 connector for our mail, actually using it for our mailing. I did not set the system up, and as far as I can tell, the server is only for our local mail. The delay notice is set for 24 hours now, after it got to be a real PIA for the boss to keep stressing out about this after 1 hour. All the mailbox names are consistent. The formatting is consistent. I have (SMTP) Name@ourdo...