Operation failed, then closes

Just installed Office 2000 on Win2kPro.  Office was on there previously but
I had to try a clean install of Windows to try and get rid of some problems.
After installing Office I receive the error, "Operation failed." Then
Outlook closes.
Any ideas?

Bill DeShawn
http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn

0
bdeshawn (10)

I uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2000 and it fixed the problem.

"Bill DeShawn" <bdeshawn@nospamsterling.net> wrote in message
> Just installed Office 2000 on Win2kPro.  Office was on there previously
but
> I had to try a clean install of Windows to try and get rid of some
problems.
> After installing Office I receive the error, "Operation failed." Then
> Outlook closes.
> Any ideas?
>
> Bill DeShawn
> http://my.sterling.net/~bdeshawn

0
bdeshawn (10)

Selecting export to Excel closes Outlook...
Hello, We have a problem with exporting any Outlook folders to Excel - as soon as we press the final button before the export, Outlook closes. Exports to CSV format works. We've created a new folder containing one "simple" message for testing (no attachments, one-line message text), but get the same result. Any ideas please? Thanks, - Alan. Try running scanpst -- Neil "Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1181228004.831964.149310@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > We have a problem with exporting any Outlook folders to Exce...

Outlook2000 closing...
At closing of outlook, getting the following message: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Runtime Error. Program: C:\Program Files\MSOffice\Office\Outlook.exe. This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's Support Team for more information. Question: Any suggestions as to how to fix this. ...

Trying to close modal dialog when app is closed
I've tried and read all kind of things and still have this question: How can I close a modal dialog box if someone clicks on the main window's Close button? How can a user click on the main window's close button if a modal dialog is open? Do you mean modeless? --- Ajay "SteveR" <maxsrussellatremovethisembarqmail.com> wrote in message news:OESvrr2lIHA.5084@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I've tried and read all kind of things and still have this question: How > can I close a modal dialog box if someone clicks on the main window's > Close butt...

How do I disable the workbook close method
If I have multiple workbooks open, how can I programmatically prevent the users from using the close button (or file option) to close the workbook? I need that all to be done through my code. Is this possible? ~Jenny Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) If Not MyClose Then Cancel = True Endif End Sub The myClose variable should be a global Boolean, which you set to True in your code. This code goes in the Thisworkbook code module. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if...

Updates failing to install on my computer
I have done everything I have been asked to do with these updates SEVERAL times but I keep getting these updates and they keep failing. Please let me know why this is happening and what needs to be done to get them to be installed on my computer. Here is what I am getting. Thanks Security Update for Microsoft Office 2003 (KB976382) Download size: 1.6 MB You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect. Update type: Important A security vulnerability exists in Microsoft Office 2003 that could allow arbitrary code to run when a maliciously modifi...

Cannot send a large email. Says 'Operation failed'
I have been trying to send an email to seven people with two Word attachments. However, my outlook say's Operation Failed. I have send other emails with no problems. What does this mean. It means you need to ask in an Outlook newsgroup. "Sadiyah Muhammad" <Sadiyah Muhammad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2C255B3-8E5B-43C9-9D8F-6B91574E2C7E@microsoft.com... :I have been trying to send an email to seven people with two Word : attachments. However, my outlook say's Operation Failed. I have send other : emails with no problems. : : W...

GP 10 upgrade Failed
I did a bonehead thing. I have some testing machines and just went and clicked the upgrade button without reading the instructions. I didn't know you needed to upgrade 9.0 before the upgrade. So now I am stuck inbetween and can't uninstall or reinstall. If I run thru Utilities it doesn't recognize the Dic file. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Jim Jim, What was the old version of your Great Plains? "Jim Hummer" wrote: > I did a bonehead thing. I have some testing machines and just went and > clicked the upgrade button without reading th...

Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed
Hi all I'm reploying our existing crm 3.0 install and during the setup I get the above mentioned error message: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed. Exception from HRESULT : 0x80042F0A I have looked at the logs but they dont tell me much more that what is displayed on screen. And on the web there are a handful of posts but most have no reponse and the ones that do have suggestions either dont work or dont really apply. Can anyone suggest a possible reason for this problem or recommend a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Simon ...

Posting to a closed year
Can I reopen a period (December) in a year (2004) after the year-end closing procedures were run? I have audit adjusting entries to income statement accounts that need to be posted in 2004. If I can reopen and post to 2004, do I run the year-end closing procedures for 2004 again? Thanks for your assistance. -- Tom Ulincy Yes and yes. Make sure you have the option in General Ledger setup that allows for posting to history. "Tom Ulincy" wrote: > Can I reopen a period (December) in a year (2004) after the year-end closing > procedures were run? I have audit adjustin...

every time i use MSOutlook i get an error report wheni close it
just upgraded to Windows XP now i keep getting error signs and also have something called Photo Gallery tring to install .it ask's for a disc? Help Please Try making a new profile in outlook. No idea on the other problem - we only know outlook here. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mai...

Administration of Exchange 2000 after 2003 install on the domain is failing!
Setup: Windows 2003 running Exchange 2003 winse-exch1.com PDC (Mixed Mode) Windows 2000 running Exchange 2000 winse-exch1.com Replication DC. The Problem: Ms Exchange Management no longer views the Exchange 2000 server, but all mail seems to still be going to it. I am trying to migrate a mailbox off of the Exchange 2000 setup onto my 2003 setup, and I can no longer acccess the Exchange 2000 box through Exchange system manager! The strange thing is that the Exchange 2000 setup still seems to working for email, so "user1" email is still coming in through outlook, but I can't s...

Instalation failed by C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt
I trialled the latest version of Money but realised I was happy with Money 2000 so I uninstalled the trial version and attemped to reinstall Money 2000 only to get a window headed 16 bit Windows Subsysytem which read C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt The system file is not suitable for running msdos or microsoft windows applications. Choose 'close' to terminate the application. Clicking close did nothing and setup would not activate on the Money CD ...

How to import marketing list. failing with permissions issue
I am trying to do the below in CRM 3.0 and it fails with a permissions issue. I am using the crmadmin account so I'm not sure what is causing the error. Can anyone assist? Using the Web interface: Tools Import Choose the attached file Record type: Lead Next Import to “Test 1” Marketing List Customer Type is “Contact” The mapping is correct Next Next at the next screen. Fails there for privileges. -- Thanks Dan ...

Outlook XP "Send and receive, operation failed"
Hello, Every time I hit Send and receive button, it gives me the message that "operation failed". But infect, the operation didn't failed. Any Idea what could cause this problem? Thanks pls exit out of Outlook. goto your task manager & check if more than one instance of OUTLOOK.EXE is running. if yes, kill all instances & start Outlook again. also, try starting outlook in safe mode (press 'shift' while starting Outlook) & check if "send/receive" produces this error. you can do a detect-repair in outlook after this & check for you...

Tape Job not starting (or failing)
I had some problems over the weekend any my monthly tape job didn't run. I set the day to today and the start time but when the start time comes, the jobs don't start, There are no error messages and no failures - just doesn't run. I can go into each individual server/ drive and kick off a job so it see's the library correctly. Do you protected server and DPM server in different time zones? If so there is a possibility that the job runs at protected server time zone. If this is not the case, it could be because the tape jobs are not getting triggered for ...

No min, max close buttons
Hello, I created are report in A2007 w/SP1, but when I open it from code in preview mode, there is no min, max. or close button. It I open the report in Dialog mode or ReportView mode, there is a close button. If I open the report directly from the Navigation pane it is fine, with min, max, and close buttons. Is this another fluke? Is there a fix? Thank you and God Bless, Mark A. Sam I discovered that this problem occurs if I hide the DialogBox which called the report. If I leave the DialogBox visible, the report is fine. I could live with the DialogBox remaining visible, but...

KB976098 install fails all the time
I cannot get this update to install. Perhaps I don't really need it. The desciption of why it fails is totally worthless. Error Code: 0x8007F0F4 Try to install the update again, or request help from one of the following resources. For self-help options: Frequently Asked Questions Find Solutions Windows Update Newsgroup Any ideas? See the section "Updates from the previous cumulative Windows time zone update" in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976098. If you don't live in one of those time zones, you can hide this update. tkosel wrote:...

FAiled instalation of Exchange 2003
I have just arrived on site and found some one has tried to install exchange 2003 in the domain and then just deleted all the objects before they left. This is now causing great problems, as I have reinstalled exchange 2003 but it, believes that there is a virtual site "old server name” and I can not get rid of it. Every time I create a mail box it does not appear anywhere. Could anyone point me at an article that shows you how to undo all forest and domain preps from your AD so that I may redeploy this server in a working state? I have removed my new server by running the remoevor...

selectobject fails
hi .... i have a hbitmap that i have got from loadimage function. However i want to use this image with a device whose bits per pixel is not same as bitmap. So how do i get a cbitmap out of this hbitmap whose bits per piuxel is same as that of my device??? Alternatively, how do i ensure that my SelectObject function does not fail ?? -prashant You can always do a StreatchDIB (or StreatchBLT) to streatch the bitmap into any device. Larry "Prashant" <prash_agr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:46e55d8.0310280535.74267791@posting.google.com... > hi .... i have a hbitmap tha...

Export data to a closed workbook
Hi, Can someone help me with code that record data in a closed workbook? Tanks Luis ...

Dialoog Box Close Buttons Won't Work
Hi: I have a vc++ 6.0 program that I recently converted to an ActiveX control so that I could use it as a part of another program. The program that was converted to an ActiveX control has a number of dialog boxes that pop up to perform various functions. In the original program the dialog boxes work fine, but in the ActiveX control the dialog box won't close when the "Close" button in the upper right corner is pressed. The program gets hung up whenever this button is pressed and I need to do a "ctrl-alt-delete" and an "End Task" to close the program. Ca...

create chart /table excel-save, close & reopen colors change? Why
When I create a chart/table in Excel - save, close & reopen to use again, the colors have changed for my formating. How do I set the formating so that the colors stay the same - I have tried styles with no luck. The colors need to be the company approved. Thank you, Anne, I am unable to reproduce yr problem. Excel should NOT override yr manual settings. However,you can set yr company colours as default under Tools/Options/[Color tab]. Here are the colours Excel uses by default for the workbook. (Under that thin line you see the defaults for fill and line colours.) Hope this...

during install, E2007, Error Code is 1603 (exchangeserver.msi) failed
Installing E2007 on a server to migrate from E2003, the BPA shows no issues, we get no warnings in the setup, but, when it starts to COPY FILES we get the following: Installing product C:\Exchange 2007\exchangeserver.msi failed. Fatal error during installation. Error code is 1603. Last error reported by the MSI package is 'Module D:\Exchange\Bin\ExSMime.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147010895. Contact your support personnel.'. I've copied the media to the C drive (we're installing E2007 on the "D" drive array, and run it from C or the CD/DVD, b...

"Your IMAP server closed the connection."
Hi: I am using Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2 Home and I am getting the following pop up message fairly frequently. It is annoying because when I get the message it comes to the foreground and interrupts whatever work I am doing. "Your IMAP server closed the connection. This can occur if you leave the connection idle for too long." I don't have any other e-mail programs open. I know you can receive this message when other e-mail programs are open. I talked to my ISP and they said there is nothing they can do but that they have the same problem when using Outlook...

Outlook client fails to authenticate after installing SP4 on Exchange 2K server
I installed SP4 on the Exchange 2k box last night. Now Outlook 2K and Xp fails to authenticate on 2 PC's. I deleted the profile on one and Outlook still refused to authenticate for that user. I logged onto another machine using that users credentials and Outlook worked. ...