Operation Failed - Object cannot be found on export

I have Outlook 2003 and when I attempt to export data (file-import and
export, export, export to a pst) to a pst file I get the messge:
"The Operation failed" " An Object Cannot be found"

Also, if I attempt to open a back-up pst file Outlook crashes.

Any ideas?

Jack

0
SonomaJack (13)

Do you have outlook as part of an office suite? Did  you try help, detect
and repair?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Jack" <SonomaJack@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
> I have Outlook 2003 and when I attempt to export data (file-import and
> export, export, export to a pst) to a pst file I get the messge:
> "The Operation failed" " An Object Cannot be found"
>
> Also, if I attempt to open a back-up pst file Outlook crashes.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Jack

0
outlookmvp (5838)

moving mailbox failed
I took the plunge and decided to move mailboxes. The second mailbox I moved failed. I have 2 exchange 2003 servers fully patched. On the source exchange server I get event ids 8507 and 8505. On the destination exchange server I get event ids 1006, 9172, and 1008. These errors are close to article 839217. I got the hot fix but I can not install it because it says I have too high of service pack. Any suggestions. ...

Exporting Windows calendar to Office Outlook
I would like to export my windows calendar to outlook on another computer that is on Windows 7 which has no windows calendar. I tried the import/export function but it did not do a complete job, somewhat only partially. What am I doing incorrectly? "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C33E5A0-14D5-4A9B-8226-FBB1A6AF8058@microsoft.com... >I would like to export my windows calendar to outlook on another computer > that is on Windows 7 which has no windows calendar. I tried the > import/export > function but it did not do a comple...

How to find default property for particular object.
Hi, is there a way how to identify default property for given object. E.g., I know default property for range object is value. Where can I find the default property for other objects? Thanks Alojz Hi, AFAIK, the only default property for an Excel object is 'value'. If an object doesn't have a value property then it also doesn't have a default property. Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Alojz" wrote: > Hi, ...

Is there code to export to standard fixed length text file?
I can do this manually but it's more than a couple clicks. I'd like to automate this from the MDB that I can call from my C# process call or an OLE call. Thanks much! AFAIK the choices are: 1) write code in your C# application that opens a recordset, assembles the fixed-length records and writes them to a text file. 2) use the Jet Text ISAM to write the file, either by automating Access or by writing to the DAO library. Either way you'll need to provide a schema for the text file. The options are an Access import/export specification stored in the mdb file, or a schema.ini f...

60 GB IPOD deal found
I just completed this offer for a 60 gb photo ipod and it is awesome! My friend got one from it and he is waving it in my face and taunting me! Anyways, all you have to do is complete a promotion offer and cancel it before the 30 days trial is up and then get 8 referrals. I recommend doing the rhapsody promotion because it is only $0.99 and you get instant credit towards your ipod and 5 free song downloads. It is so cool. Check it out. http://www.freephotoiPods.com/?r=21360900 ...

Ctrl-c fails to work
Unusual issue. I don't know if anyone knows a workaround. When a user opens GP (v7.5 sp4 and 7), ctrl-c and ctrl-v work fine for copying and pasting. Once Transactions>>Financial>>Reconcile is opened, ctrl-c no longer works. You can click edit>>copy, but the keyboard shortcut to copy fails (ctrl-v still works). Closing GP and reopening resolves the issue, until you open that window again. Any thoughts? I have a client that has the same issue that the Ctrl-C will fails to work on the SOP item line. However have not yet been able to determine what conditions cause i...

You Don't Have Appropriate Permission To Perform This Operation
Using Outlook 2010 Beta, Get this error warning when I try to send and receive. Went to e-mail account settings, set everything up like I had in Outlook 2003, clicked "test account settings..." and all worked fine. Go back into the outlook program and keep getting this warning. Go back into account settings and my Logon Information (password) keeps coming up blank. ...

Any way to Export/Import Exchange settings?
Is there a way to Export the settings for the following: Default Policy (E-mail address Policy) Default SMTP Virt Server, Relay Restrictions, Message Delivery Connector Settings. This would be used in a DR situattion. Thank You On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 11:22:00 -0800, TheITDude <TheITDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to Export the settings for the following: >Default Policy (E-mail address Policy) >Default SMTP Virt Server, Relay Restrictions, Message Delivery >Connector Settings. > >This would be used in a DR situattion. Thank You Sure. Exchange Be...

Export to XML question
Hi All, The below is a test code to export xml file. The fields Comment and Tip hold xHTML code. The problem occurs if I add the Tip field then I get the following error: The XML page cannot be displayed Required white space was missing. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/1.xml'. Line 1, Position 646 It seems that XM file cannot fully exported and some text is missing. I apprecaite any input. DECLARE @SQL VARCHAR(1024) DECLARE @sqlFlds1 VARCHAR(225) DECLARE @sqlFlds2 VARCHAR(225) DECLARE @sqlFlds3 VARCHAR(225) DECLARE @sqlFlds4 VARCHAR(225) DECLARE @sqlSt...

exporting mail to excel
Is there a way to automatically export mail messages to an excel spreadsheet as they come in, ie more and more messages would appear on the spreadsheet? Not out of the box, but itcould be done with VBA code. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "bobf" <bobf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:2686817C-F2B1-4862-9B6C...

Data Protection Mangager 2010 failed to start
One server that was backing up just fine is now no longer backing up. I'm not sure where to go from here as searching newsgroups and forums are not providing any answers. The following is the error code that I'm getting: Backup attempted at '4/20/2010 3:47:48 PM' failed to start, error code '2155348081'. Log Name: Microsoft-windows-Backup/Operational Source: Backup EventID: 19 Level: Error User: SYSTEM OpCode: Info Task Category: None Any help pointing me into the right direction would be greatly appreciated :) The event that ...

Export directory entry type mailboxes as type custom recipients (remote)
Hi, As a prelude to the final, way overdue, extinguishing Exchange 5.5, want I want to do is export from the GAL all the mailboxes in the other sites, but convert them in a single operation to type custom recipients (remote). At which point I will remove our x.400 connector, then import all of the custom recipients back into our own administrative group. I am aware that no further directory synchonization will occur. I am aware that there are solutions for sychronizing between active directories (MIIS, federations, LDAP address books, etc.), but I have no cooperation from any other responsi...

WLM message export hangs
Before, it just didn't do anything. Now it hangs after selecting the target folder (which is empty on external HD). Is my WLM corrupted or is there some other problem or interference going on? If so, would unin/reinstalling WLM help & if so would I lose all my messages? I can backup all folders (copy to external HD) but is there something less obvious that is also needed? Thank you. bj AV program running ? - turn it off Does it work if the blank folder is on your hard drive ? Y/N ? Did you perform a compact prior to attempting the Export (to ensure WLM&...

Problem exporting public folder to PST file
On our exchange 2003 server we have a public folder that archives all mail that passes through the system. I want to export the contents to a .pst file so that older emails can be deleted but a record of them retained. When I do an "export to file" in Outlook 2003 I have found that I can only get so far before it fails with "unknown error". As an example I can back up the first 7 days of novembers emails to a .pst but backing up the 8th fails at the same point every time. Nothing is logged in the event log of either PC or server. I'm guessing this is a corrupt ema...

The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in failed to initialize the user's language setting
Hello I have CRM 4 + RU7 on server; CRM 4 + RU5 + Office 2007 SP2 + Win 7; I try to upgrade Outlook Client to RU7 but after success install it do not start in Outlook with error : The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in failed to initialize the user's language setting. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x80131534. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=671. How to solve this problem ? B.I. "B.I." wrote: > Hello > > I have CRM 4 + RU7 on server; > CRM 4 + RU5 + Office 2007 SP2 + Win 7; > > I try to upgrade Outlook Client to RU7 but a...

Export/import Groups from Outlook Express
I am transfering files etc. to a new computer and need assistance exporting/importing Groups from Outlook Express. ... I have successfully exported / imported the Contact information, by Groups were not included. ... Thanks. RossD wrote: > I am transfering files etc. to a new computer and need assistance > exporting/importing Groups from Outlook Express. > .. > I have successfully exported / imported the Contact information, by Groups > were not included. > .. > Thanks. Backup and Restore OE http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/backup/index.htm This newsgroup is for suppo...

Deserialize Business Object
Hi, I am having an issue deserializing a business object from a SQL stored procedure. I have created the class using the XSD tool and the resulting XMLDATA schema but when I try to create the object I get an error message <[Object] xmlns=''> was not expected. As the XML being returned is an XML fragment due to not having a single root element I have previously got around this issue by adding another table to the database which acts purely as the root element. However, I would like to do this properly rather than this bodge. Very grateful for any advice. I am using SQL...

operating outlook
My system administrator is stumped. While I was flying in to the office, he moved all folders from one exchange server to a different exchange server. I logged onto the network in the office and Outlook worked fine. When I arrived home and tried to open outlook after dialing into the office network and logging on through VPN and my cable connection, no more outlook!! Neither Outlook 2003 or 2000 on my laptop and my home desktop, respectively, can download data from outhlook although both reconcile my mailbox name when I do the "Check Name" action. The message for 2003 ...

Outlook XP fails to archive old emails
I've tried this numerous times. I've been trying to create archives of my old emails to clear them out of my everyday ..pst folder. I have successfully created the inbox_2001.pst, inbox_2002.pst files and the sent_2001.pst, sent_2002.pst and send_2003.pst For the life of me, I can't get my inbox to archive stuff from 2003. All of the folders have 'Archive items in this folder using the default settings' option checked. When doing the export, I say 'Archive this folder and its subfolders' and say to 'Archive items older than: Thu 1/1/2004' The archive proce...

Ownership of PF objects after moving to a new environment
I'd like to move our entire Exchange 2000 environment to new Exchange 2003 hardware, which is in a completely clean, new Windows 2003 AD forest/domain. I plan to use ExMerge to dump all mailboxes (we have less than 100) to .pst, then use an Outlook client to dump our public folder structure to a .pst. I can setup PF permissions manually on the new server. My question is will the new PF environment know how to handle ownership of objects that were created by users in the old Exchange environment such as calendar entries that were created by a "John Smith"? Although I will have...

Exporting Unpublished Customizations
Hello all... We started development of some changes on Production Server A, and we'd like to move them to Test Server B so we can test them before we publish them in production. When I export the entities from server A, and import & publish them on server B, only the already-published entities are available on server B. Editing an entity does not show any of the unpublished changes. Is there a way to move the unpublished changes, or do we need to publish what we've got and hope for the best? We're using CRM 3.0, Rollup #2. Thanks... Travis Hi Travis; there's no opti...

Outlook 2007 Setting failed sent emails as scheduals
Hello, i am having a problem sending emails using my outlook 2007 client. i have my outlook set up to access gmail pop3. i use an external program that sends 300 individual emails to outlook, which outlook then sends off. but what i am finding is it sends about 150 of these emails then send and receive comes up as complete. if i then try press send and receive again it will come up as complete straight away. after looking closer i found that the ICON that shows email is sending (envelope with lines behind it) changes to an envelope with a clock on it, which i am aware...

Exporting a Query to Excel
Hi, I have a query of Purchase Oders, sorted by month, for a particular business unit and was wondering if there was a way to export the data to one excel workbook, but to have 12 tabs of monthly data instead of having to separate it out manually. thanks -- C. Williamson Here is some code that I wrote for a poster a few months ago that will do this type of export. You'll need to modify the code so that it will loop through a list of months instead of a list of managers. Post back with questions (and with more details) if you have problems. Generic code to create a temporary qu...

Problems exporting from test and importing into production environment
Hello all, We are facing serious problems importing customization files exported from our test environment to a production environment in a CRM 4.0 implementation. Essentially, the problems occurs when we try to import custom entities into the production environment. Here is the error: Failure: <custom entity schema name>: A SQL Server error occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support. We are pretty...

Money update fails
Hello, After a reinstall of XP & Money Plus Deluxe, all attempts to start (and use) Money fail. Specifically, after the app opens, a pop-up window says that an update is needed for Money to operate succesfully (I remember seeing that the first time I used Money last year). After clicking OK, a software update download is attempted, but fails, with the following text: "the money software update has failed. please try the update again later." Any thoughts on this? IE as the default browser for now; I have lowered the internet security zone setting for troubleshooting this issu...