Opening Zip Attached Files

Hi, in my organization some users click on the icon of the attach file when
a message came in and they get 2 options "Save it to Disk" or "Open the
File". One user in particular only gets the option "Save it to disk" or
"Cancel", in another dialog box different from the rest.
It has to be a minor setting somewhere but I cannot find wich one is.
Everyone has Winzip installed and Win2k Pro as OS, no differences between
them. Outlook version is 2000, included in Office 2000 Standard Edition.
It is not so important but for that user who gets a lot of mail due to his
function it is.
Thanks in advance to everyone.

Pablo

0
pabloag (1)

Writing the DBF file
Hello, All! I have a trouble with writing a database to a file. Here's my code: // Write the file structure SDBFHeader dbfHdr; dbfHdr.nVersion = 0x03; strcpy(dbfHdr.cLastUpdate, _T("3A6")); dbfHdr.nNumOfRecs = m_ctrlList.GetItemCount(); dbfHdr.nNumOfBytesInHdr = 32 + (3 * 32) + 1; dbfHdr.nNumOfBytesInRec = m_nFieldsLength[0] + m_nFieldsLength[1] + m_nFieldsLength[2] + 1; dbfHdr.nReserved1 = 0x00; dbfHdr.nIncmpltTrans = 0x00; dbfHdr.nEncrypt = 0x00; strcpy(dbfHdr.cMultiUser, _T("")); dbfHdr.nIndex = 0x00; dbfHdr.nLangID = 0x00; dbfHdr.nReserve...

doc attachments won't open
I have Word 2007 and when someone sends a *.doc attachment it won't open. If you copy it to the desktop or somewhere else, it opens fine. I did check default programs and Word is set to open .doc files Opening an attachment without saving it first is asking for trouble. Any editing you do to it won't be saved, since it's just sitting in a temporary folder that gets deleted when you exit Word. On Nov 21, 6:32=A0pm, tomg88 <tom...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Word 2007 and when someone sends a =A0*.doc attachment it won't op= en. > If you...

Installation Error: File not Found
I am trying to Detect and Repair a synchronization problem with my Palm Centro and Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 Outlook. I am receiving the following: "A required installation file SKU011.CAB could not be found" I browse to the original Installation Source as required and select the actual file itself, and receive the following error message: " Error 25091. Setup failed to change the source." with options of retry and cancel beneath. I have attempted this numerous times, and to no avail. Can you help??? Courtesy of Mary Sauer MS MVP <...

Macro to open all files in one particular directory
Hi, I would like to be able to have a macro that would automatically open ALL the files in one particular directory. Say I have various directories, each with 10 files of different names: (the number of files in each directory can vary) C:\temp\200410\ C:\temp\200411\ C:\temp\200412\ In my file named OPENFILES.xls, in cell A1 of sheet1, I would like to input the directory name (say 200411), and then run a macro that would open each file of that particular directory, regardless of their name. I tried to record a macro, but it listed the individual files to open,. The problem is that the n...

Pocket PC two files???
I have a file which contains my personal accounts and such. I also have a file that contains the accounts for my grandparents. Is there a way to sync both files onto my Pocket PC using Money 2004 ? It would be nice to switch between each account. Jay Jay, From the Money for Pocket PC Readme: "To change the deskop Money file that you are synchronizing with, you must select the new file from the Money synchronization Settings screen found in ActiveSync Options on your desktop PC. Simply opening a new Money file on your desktop PC will not alter which file your Pocket PC synchronize...

form's won't open
i have a front half of a database that i use successfully at one pc (where the back-half is located). i've put the front half on other pc's and linked them over the network to the back-half successfully. at another store's location, i repeated this but had some problems. on the main pc, everything is fine but on another pc, the front half doesn't work at all. it's set up to open a launcher form at startup, which works, but all of the buttons on the launcher form don't do anything. either nothing at all happens, a new window opens for a brief second and then closes ...

Why does Excel hang up when trying to open files?
I have Office 2003 with Excel 2003 installed. When I try to open files from the peer-to-peer network, the program hangs up and will not go any further. At that point I have to shut it down. I can access the network with other programs including Word so I know it's not the network. Anybody have any ideas? ...

attachments #93
How can I get oulook in office xp to open jpeg pics automatically when I open the e-mail? Also, I understand that outlook will automatically save these to another folder if I do get this resolved. Over time I think it will end up being a folder of significant size and waste hard drive space. How could I stop it from doing that also? Outlook can only display images "inline" if the sender used HTML or Rich Text format for the message and embedded the image into the body. If the image was sent as an attachment, you will always receive it as an attachment, and you'll have to ...

How to open .msg files
I got this problem where I got .msg files. I know it was in Outlook but I cant put it back in there. Does anyone know how to put a folder back into Outlook. Or how to open them without? Because I need my E-mails and I somehow cant open them. Thank You ...

Compact Money file
I want to remove some information in my Money 2003 data file. This is about half of all data in the file. I can delete the information inside Money. But, the size of the Money data file remains the same. Looks like Money does not physically remove the deleted data from the file. Is there any way to "compact" the data file to remove deleted data physically as in Access database? In microsoft.public.money, Cheung wrote: >I want to remove some information in my Money 2003 data >file. This is about half of all data in the file. I can >delete the information inside Money...

attaching a file to the note-cant get this working

Opening Attachments #5
I have used Outlook 2000 for three years without problems. Yesterday without apparent warning I now can't open Word documents attached to e-mail nor can I attach documents to outgoing e-mail. The error message I get is: "Can't create file: name.doc. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." Does anyone have a solution for me?? thanks. ...

Invalid file path
Trying to restore Moeny 2000 from a backup on Floppy has been a nightmare. I get "invalid file path" warnings and it will not restore. Is there anyway i can determine the correct file path to get my records to restore? thanks In microsoft.public.money, Greycats2 wrote: >Trying to restore Moeny 2000 from a backup on Floppy has >been a nightmare. I get "invalid file path" warnings and >it will not restore. Is there anyway i can determine the >correct file path to get my records to restore? Rather than restore to the "default' location, Browse to ...

Blocked access to attachments in mail and freezing up
Where I work, we use Outlook Express for email. Since we downloaded a patch on 5/6/04, we receive this message for almost all attachments we receive: "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments to your email" followed by a list of the attachments. We are able to open the attachments by hitting the "Forward" button, but this is clunky and takes away some options (such as printing the attachment directly without opening it). Our updated VirusScan program finds no problem with any of these attachments. Also one of our accounts frequently gets stuck wh...

How to make one CSV file from two Excel sheets?
I have a huge database with about 400 columns. They are divided into two sheets - due to Excel limitation 256 columns in one sheet. I need to make one CSV file from these both sheets. The last column of first sheet should be followed by the first column of the second sheet. Is there any way how to do it directly from Excel? Or do you know any simple utility that can put together two CSV files exported from Excel? Thanks for any help Marek L. That sort of stiching can only be done using a hex editor. (And not all hex editors are created equal.) I did a quick search on the web and ther...

Stealing File Associations
Hi, I'm writing an application and I want to ensure that all mp3 files are opened by my application, when double clicked from Explorer. The RegisterShellFileTypes function call seems to register/associate file types only when i create a new extension. Existing associations are not overwritten by this function call. As in any PC, mp3 files are always registered to some media player. How can I steal the file association similar to what Winamp does? Is there a direct function call or should I modify registry directly? Thanks, Mugunth "Mugunth" <mugunth.kumar@gmail.com> wrot...

Getting text file into excell
Hello. I have text files which are loaded to excell. The text files are always of the same format. I want to load the file, but always I need to mark the positions of the current loaded file. How can I load the file always in a fixed format (can I do a templette for that ?) Thanks :) Mr. J. wrote: > I have text files which are loaded to excell. > The text files are always of the same format. > > I want to load the file, but always I need to mark the positions of > the current loaded file. > > How can I load the file always in a fixed format (can I do a > templett...

How do I repeat same page template in a file?
I would like to set up a file with multipages and use the same template in each page. Is there a way to insert a template after a page break? If a better way to do this, I am open to suggestions. I have to give a record of charity donations to each person for the year. I would like to do print once and have the file print a page for each with their info. I have to set up a header, etc. to identify the org and dates, amounts, etc. To repeat this template after each page break would be very helpful. Thanks Rex Hi Rex! I would recommend that you use Word to print the documents, using data ...

Manually Open Reminders Window
Hi everyone, I just wanted to know if someone knows a way of manually opening the REMINDERS window. Mostly when I start outlook I got something to do so I just click on the CROSS on the reminders window then later when I want to look at the reminders and attend to them, the only way I know to open it is by CLOSING out of OUTLOOK and re logging in and that is a painful process. I was wondering if there was a way of opening the reminders window without having to close and open outlook. Thanks. Did you try the View | Reminders Window command?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author ...

attach a file to a subform
Hi, I would like to add a button (outside of the subform) or a double click on text box (inside a subform) to add an attachement (pdf, word, excel). I was told i can use the OLE Object, but I could make it work. thanks in advance -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200705/1 I meant I could not make it work ielmrani wrote: >Hi, >I would like to add a button (outside of the subform) or a double click on >text box (inside a subform) to add an attachement (pdf, word, excel). I was >told i can use the OLE Object, but...

How to See to which file MEM_MAPPED
Hello all, When you use WinDbg for standard PC, you can use !address and then you can see to which file a MEM_MAPPED memory page from VirtualMemory is related QUESTION: Is it also possible for windows ce ? Can I see under Windows CE (5) to which file the MEM_MAPPED Page or region is related? Thank you ...

share file system with Network Appliance
I have an NFS mount on a network appliance server and I wanted to make it visible to my windows server 2003. Any hints. Thanks. Install the Microsoft Services for NFS which is part of the "Other file and network Services" Windows component. Alternately, you could also present the mount as SMB from the filer. Watch out for your standard case sensitivity and file name difference issues. -- David Thomas Hodan "rvaede" wrote: > > I have an NFS mount on a network appliance server and I wanted to > make it visible to my windows se...

overwritten file
I have a client that overwrote an excel sheet. He did not have autorecovery on. Is there any way to recover this document? Sorry, no. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "mark" <mark@mwts.cc> wrote in message news:4c7501c356ae$89ae8500$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a client that overwrote an excel sheet. He did not > have autorecovery on. Is there any way to recover this > document? Backup file is pretty much his only option if one exists. Has he perhaps sent the file anywhere else that he can get a copy back from, or if so he could possibly still have a ...

Link update window opens on opening a linked Excel file
I have recently transferred my Office 97 applications to a new computer running under XP. Since the transfer, whenever I open a file which has links to another file, a window opens saying:"The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in another workbook. Do you want to update this workbook with changes made to the other workbook? To update all linked information, click Yes. To keep the existing information, click No." The Automatic link update radio button accessed via Edit/Links is set (and the Manual radio button is greyed out). I have removed and then ...

Cannot create file error. Cannot open or save tif files...please h
Error I an receiving when trying to open a tif file as follows: Cannot create file:Remittance_advice.tif.right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder I am using windows vista and office 2007 outlook I cannot open or save a tif file. I can open all other file attachments. I can forward to another pc in my office and they can open. they can rename the tif and resend to me and I can open. original name is remittance_advice.tif and renamed is remittance_advice1.tif. this just start...