Opening Word attachments

I am having users that are having problems opening Word
attachments. The hourglass just spins forever and then
usually a couple of days later it opens with no problem.

Preventing users from opening onther users mailbox in outlook 2003
Hello I have just noticed that users in the office, can open other users mailboxes in outlook 2003. How do i not allow that? The only way i have figured it out , is to go into active directory, and go into a users acct under Exchange advanced, mailbox rights, and add individual users then deny them acces to that users mailbox. There has to be an easier way. And why would they be able to open them in the first place? Thanks in advance On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 07:10:29 -0800, Exchange 2003 <Exchange2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello > >I have just noticed that users ...

open folder
Whenever I start Outlook 2000, one of the sub-folders always opens up expanded, all the others are closed. The program starts with the inbox selected which is as I want it, but how do I get this particular sub-folder to start up closed? Outlook doesn't seem to remember the current setting when I close it. I cannot find anything under Tools. Thanks in advance, Geoff. ...

stripped attachment
we are running sbs 2003 with exchange 2003. Once an email message reaches the user and it tells them that the attachment was stripped out of the message, is there any way for me, the administrator, to find the attachment in exchange, check it, and pass it on to the user? or do they just need to talk to the sending person and have them zip it up first? that depends...what process is stripping out attachments? your AV? anti-spam software? It depends on how you have it configured... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Andrew Mallette" <Andrewm270@aol.com> wrote in message news:eDhek...

update the same cell into another column forming a list on opening
hi there, i have made a spreadsheet to enter data and then view the resulting statistics that are generated, i have one cell that changes in value after entering the data, and i would like to keep a record of what values this cell has been, i was after a formula that would update that single cell's value into a column forming a list each time the spreadsheet was opened or the value in the cell changed, like a field perhaps, this would fill up the column with a list of results from which to generate more stats and a graph etc. any help would be great, thank you -- thank...

Is Word Converter Compatible with Server 2008??????
We have tried to install the word converter (so 2003 word can read and save 2008 documents). When you try to open a 2007 document, we get the error " There was an error opening file" We have tried on a production server and also test server had have the same results. Uninstall and reinstall several times and . Run as Administrator, everything but no luck. Everything is up-to-date with the lates service packs. We would install Office 2007, but the clients app that does merge to word is not compatible with Word 2007. Is the word converter compatible with Serv...

Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server
I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server. Does anyone have a reason for this and/or a work-around so that I can use MS Word as the email editor. I have reviewed the knowledge base and cannot find a solution. Please help. Thanks, HR HR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 > and exchange server. Define "unable". What happens when you try. What version of Word? -- Brian Tillman ...

Paste into "Advanced Find" "search for the words:" field????
Am I doing something wrong, or did microsoft really disable the ability to paste into the "search for the words:" field? You can paste into the email address fields, but that is it. I'm trying to search emails for a specific numeric string, and I don't want to have to type a 30 character number from an email when I could easily copy and paste it. Am I doing something wrong or are they really that stupid??? Thanks! Mick Does CTRL V work for you "Mick" <MickBurkellc@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1121234980.931014.46200@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >...

Embedding Word table in Excel cell
Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? Thanks. -- Larry Lester Copy / paste as a picture. Pictures can always be re-sized and re-positioned -- Gary's Student "Larry Lester" wrote: > Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? > Thanks. > -- > Larry Lester Gary's reply works for pasting the table in as a graphic object _on_ an XL sheet, but you cannot paste a graphic into a cell as cell content. If you simply Paste to a cell, the corresponding number of cells will be filled with th...

How to open Lotus 123 files
Everything that I read says that Excel 2003 doesnt need a converter ... but I cant open a .123 file... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated... jason Jason B [MVP-Storage] wrote... >Everything that I read says that Excel 2003 doesnt need a converter .... but >I cant open a .123 file... > >Any ideas would be greatly appreciated... Whatever you're reading, either you're not reading it carefully or it was written sloppily. Excel from version 95 on has been able to read ..WK4 (Lotus 123 Release 4 format) files and *PREVIOUS* 123 file formats (.WK3/.WK1/.WKS), but *NO* ve...

Maximum size of attachments on emails being associated to CRM
What is the maximum size of attachments on emails being associated to CRM? I believe it's about 5 MB by default. However it is configurable in the registry. I blogged it last Spring. I'll y to find it and post the link. "Denise" wrote: > What is the maximum size of attachments on emails being associated to CRM? Well I didn't blog it after all but I should and probably will shortly. There are two spots to change: In your CRM web.config: For security reasons, the max request length is controlled via web.config, to prevent DOS attacks. This is a standard ASP.NET co...

word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes, using endnote and inserting pictures from file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes and using endnote and when i am inserting pictures from file. i seem to have no other options but force quit then i get lots of recovered documents. i am doing doctoral study so my documents have endnote field notes and changes highlighted. <br><br>inserting pictures from file into a word document causes instant hanging. Judging from the array of causes you're listing I believe there may be several things that need to be addressed. Sinc...

Import CSV from Open Dialog box Confirmation
Hi. I got my command button to bring up an open dialog box, where the user will select the CSV file to be imported. After the user finds the file to be imported, I want a MsgBox that asks the user to confirm that the specific file be imported. For example, the user selects SCO.csv to import and clicks a okay. A Msgbox should popup "Are you sure you want to import SCO.csv" with a Yes button and a No button. I'm not sure if this is even possible, but if so could someone please guide me. If they click No, then the process should just cancel. Assume strFileName is the variable wit...

Open form to a particular record
Hi, I have a continuous form listing some employees. One of the fields displayed is the EmployeeID field. Is it possible to double-click a particular EmployeeID field on the continuous form and another form (called "frmEmployees") open and display the record for the employee that I double clicked? I tried the following code and the frmEmployee form opened but at the first record, not the record for the person I double-clicked in the continuous form. ********************************* Dim strWhere As String strWhere = "[EmployeeID] = """ & Me.[Emplo...

associating an application to open a file
I've mistakenly associated Photoshop as the application I would like to open all .pdf files with. (I was initially prompted to make the association via a dialog that came up when I first tried to open a pdf.) Now I would like to change that to make acrobat the default app to open pdf's. How do I do this? Can you help? Thanks Open windows explorer and click on tools, then folder options. You will see a tab called file types. This is where you can change what programs the Operating Systems associates with file extensions. >-----Original Message----- >I've mistake...

Gmail and Outlook Attachments
I've got any interesting one here, and I don't really understand it, but I would be grateful if any one could help... I've been using Gmail with Outlook 2003 since it was first available..., and my ISP was PIPEX.... I never had any problems, I could happily send any thing up to 10MB as an attachment... In the last few weeks I've changed ISP's to BT INTERNET, and I now find that I cannot send even a 3MB attachment.... It tries to do it but fails.... Nothing has changed on my PC as I connect via an external router, so all I've done is change the username and passw...

stop opening a blank workbook at start up
how do I stop excel from opening a new workbook everytime I start up the application. Ad a shortcut to the Excel.Exe file and append the properties of the shortcut with /e Shotcut will look like this: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE" /e "km" <km@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E495132-B698-40B7-B964-D2982513D93A@microsoft.com... > how do I stop excel from opening a new workbook everytime I start up the > application. ...

Auto-attach to designated email recipient?
Please see the following: joe@smith.com.au (a managers email address) document.xls (a spreadsheet with a problem log for all staff to continually update) I need to know how to configure the joe@smith address in my outlook so that whenever I create a new email to it, the document.xls spreadsheet is already attached without me having to manually attach it. Is this possible in Outlook 2003? ...

Why are my columns and rows reversed when I open Excel
When I open my Excel spreadsheet the columns, rows and scroll bars are reversed?? What's happened? Tools|options|International Tab Uncheck that "view current sheet right-to-left" Deb Web wrote: > > When I open my Excel spreadsheet the columns, rows and scroll bars are > reversed?? What's happened? -- Dave Peterson ...

Novice Q: open 2 VSD files
I would like to open 2 drawings at the same time, on the same workspace, so I can create a single drawing from both. How can I do that? TIA You can open multiple vsd files simultaneously. I often do this and drag/drop components among them. Al <dnoam@il.ibm.com> wrote in message news:1109937598.678865.262500@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... >I would like to open 2 drawings at the same time, on the same > workspace, so I can create a single drawing from both. > How can I do that? > TIA > Thanks. In your case I will have to switch between the open windows. Is there a ...

Open New Visio Drawing using VBA in Word?
Hi, We're creating new Word 2007 templates, and some of them require flowchart functionality from Visio. Our goal is to create a macro within the Word template to call Visio, open a new drawing and have a custom stencil set open for users to use. Users would then open create their flowchart/diagram in Visio, and it would update automatically into the Word template when Visio is closed. I'm using the following code to start Visio, however I'm stuck on where to go from there: Sub Visio() Shell "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\VISIO.exe", vbN...

Viewing Outlook Messages in a Larger Font (After you click to open
I have been able to change my views to a larger font in outlook, except when I click on the message to open it, the message itself does not appear in a larger font. Please advise if this is possible, and if so, how. Thank you ...

Question regarding opening Calender
When I open Outlook it always open to my email. I want to open it to see my calendar always. How might I do that? Thanks! Russ Russ's Signature Page http://home.comcast.net/~rblwood/Signature.html Tools->Options->Other->Advanced. Change it using the dropdown list. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, SignatureMan asked: | When I open Outlook it always open to my e...

Attachments are not opening.
I am having trouble opening attachments. I am not sure if my settings are correct or not. What can I do? singconnie@dp.net <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having trouble opening attachments. I am not sure if > my settings are correct or not. What can I do? Describe the trouble, including the exact text of any error messages displayed. Also mention the version of Windows and Outlook you're using. -- Brian Tillman ...

Send and Receive window keeps opening
Every time Outlook does a send/receive, the progress window comes up, even though I clicked the box to not show the window again. Anybody know why this is happening and how to kill it? ...

Make Word 2008 open with Formatting toolbar showing