opening .pst archives

I am trying to open an outlook e-mail archive file (pst)
that was made when I had Office 98 and transferred to my
new computer (Office 2003 Pro).

I am looking for an old e-mail that has now become
evidence in a lawsuit.

Can anyone help?
0
anonymous (74722)

You didn't say if the PST file was on a CDR/RW, hard drive, or network
share.   In any case, the PST file must be located on a local/network drive
where you have full access (read, write, modify, delete, .etc) rights.  Once
the file is located in said place, you can open the PST file via File | Open
| Outlook Data File.  To close the PST file when you are done with it is a
simple right click on Personal Folders and select Close/Disconnect.
--
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted

"dv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to open an outlook e-mail archive file (pst)
> that was made when I had Office 98 and transferred to my
> new computer (Office 2003 Pro).
>
> I am looking for an old e-mail that has now become
> evidence in a lawsuit.
>
> Can anyone help?

New message opens up behind outlook window
Everytime I click new in my inbox to open a new message, the new message pops up behind the main oulook window. does anyone know how to make this stop? ...

Can't open Money 2002
Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. When I tried to open it, a window popped up (maybe showing a registry or something) for about 1 second, then... nothing. I even did a reinstall and at the end of the installation when Money is supposed to open, the same weird window popped up and then again... nothing. I have Norton antivirus with automatic updates. All other programs seem to be working fine. Any suggestions from all you experts out there? Thanks. Byron In microsoft.public.money, Byron wrote: >Been using Money 2002 for 2 years no problem until now. >When ...

Problems opening/saving attachments
I am unable to open or save any .rtf file attachments - this started happening today, previously there were no problems with .rtf files. When I try to open such an attachment I get this message: Can't create file: xyz.rtf Right click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder. What folder is this? I am trying to open the attachment not creat the file! Also, when I try to send an rtf file as an attachment, in the email message the file does not show in the attachments section but the receipient actu...

Most important file won't open
The only file I can't get into is my most important one. Each time I try to open it I get a "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." In the details it says, "Excel caused an invalid page fault in module MS097.dll at 0167:306eef2e." How do I fix the problem? Jim, "The only file I can't get into is my most important one" why is it always this file! Just a couple of things to try, have you rebooted the computer? this will sometime solve a world of problems, try opening it on another computer, was anything added to the file...

Powerpoint won't open
When I select Power Point as part of my Microsoft 2004 package it refuses to open. I just get the circular whirly rainbow and can only close it with a Force Quit Hi there! Maybe you should run the Office installation again (just insert the Office CD/DVD into your CD/DVD drive) and select "repair" when it asks you whether you want to remove, repair or do other things. :) Regards, Christian On Nov 16, 2:36=A0pm, silverstar <silvers...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I select Power Point as part of my Microsoft 2004 package it refuses= to > ...

Middle mouse button does not always open in new tab anymore
Hi! I am experiencing the problem that when I click with the middle mouse button on a link (for example google search results) it does not always open it in a new tab anymore. In about 20% of the cases it takes over the current tab instead. The same problem is explained here in german: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.de.internetexplorer&tid=cd463718-8df6-4ee4-9e8a-9ee527837f83&cat=&lang=de&cr=DE&sloc=&p=1 But since there was no answer found so far I decided to take it to the next level (english c...

Don't want to automatically open email Outlook 2000
I have recently started using Outlook 2000 instead of Outlook Express. In Express - I was able to preview messages without actually opening the file. In OL2000, the file automatically opens up... is there any way of preventing this. ...

Personal Folder Error when opening Outook 2002
When opening Outlook 2002, I receive the message that the Personal folder was not closed properly and needs to be checked. I allow the check to run, and all is fine. But this error message reappears after I close and reopen Outlook. Please Reply. thanks. ...

I have a delay in opening Excel wrokbooks
I have a delay in opening Microsoft Excel Workbooks and also the computer hangs many times and there is no wrong in the woorkbook bcuase it works on another compters I don't need to reinstall the office or the windows becuse I have about 220 computer. If anyone have an answer i hope u send me an e-mail. Thanks Here is some information to read Opening/Saving Bottlenecks (Charles Williams) http://www.decisionmodels.com/optspeedd.htm#OpSave Troubleshoot Startup Problems(MS): http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q28...

Help-- Having trouble opening Word & Entourage
I have to keep restarting my computer to be able to open Word or Entourage. The icons just bounce a little but won't open. I was getting a request from Entourage to rebuild the database which I did about 6 or 7 times. I got another warning which I ignored. I am on a MacBook Pro (Intel based). I am using office 2004. My Entourage database is 3.2 gb. I ran Disk Utilities a couple of times. I also had a problem a couple of times with FileMaker Pro but not sure if related. Thanks Christina On 22/8/06 20:01, in article 1156273266.788654.318170@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "...

"Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" option problem
I want to backup the all message sent or received by mailboxes, I find that there is an option "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store " in Exchanger 2003. I had selected this option and forward to public folder. But I found that not all message will be archived. - All message sent by mailboxes can be archived - Some Messages come from mailboxes will not be archived Eg: yahoo, hotmail, and other company Is this option not archive this message ? Any other setting need to configure ? Dennis ...

Revovering a corrupt PST
I have managed to revocer a PST file from a formatted hard drive, on trying to use this file it was apparent that it was corrupted. I have run the ScanPST utility and it said that it fixed 15 errors, but there are still no items in the file. Looking at the files properties it is 145mb in size. Are there any other methods of retreiving the data from within this file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Andrew Evans A long shot- but try creating a new pst, and import from the old pst into the new. >-----Original Message----- >I have managed to revocer a PST file from a form...

"Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls file the user opens....
"Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls file I open... I can't find any hidden/empty code in the xls files... Has someone got any experience with this? krgds, Nils Egil Lie Stolt Offshore AS Hi you also have to remove the (empty) modules in the VBA editor. Also check that there're no statements left in the worksheet modules and in the workbook module -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nils Egil Lie wrote: > "Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls > file I open... I can't find any hidden/emp...

Issue opening documents in MSOffice 2003
Hello I wonder if anyone can answer my question? I have a new laptop running Windows 7 Pro with Office 2003 and I notice that when I seek to open an Excel or Word file with a .doc, .docx, .xls or .xlsx extension, that Excel or Word opens the file but also an empty window of opens at the same time, e.g. I have two windows of Excel open, one with the document I want and the other is empty. Is this a default action for any reason or a bug? This is more of an anomaly than a major issue but I am curious? Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks Martin O'Shea. "...

Opening Outlook #4
How does one change in which folder Outllook 2007 opens? "Deebee" <deebee@jhu.edu> wrote in message news:uLbAFrLrJHA.3700@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How does one change in which folder Outllook 2007 opens? Tools-Options-Other-Advanced Options -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) I am using outlook 2007 window vista. I can open it there is an error saying Cannot open your default e-mail folder.File access is denied.You do not have the permi...

Archiving of Email
I have a client running SBS2003. He wants to be able to archive all emails form his users. He also wants to be able to remove user accounts when employees leave, but still have an archived version of the mail.To me, once the user is gone, the mailbox becomes orphaned. Can anyone please help me with suggestions and advise? On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 11:33:02 -0700, DP <DP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a client running SBS2003. He wants to be able to archive all emails >form his users. He also wants to be able to remove user accounts when >employees leave, but still ha...

turning archiving on
This will start to sound the same, but I swear it's not ... SBS 4.5 on NT 4.0 SP6a (Exchange 5.5 SP4) Had to rebuild an SBS machine, install this software for the first time, and had backed up the public and private information stores before doing so. As this is a small company it was easy enough to get the users to backup their mailboxes as pst files also, just in case. Previously we were storing a copy of the emails, outside of the private information store, in a folder such as \imcdata\in\archive or \imcdata\out\archive. There were some log files in roughly the location \imcdata\log t...

How can I import my old Netscape Email into Outlook for Archiving.
I've converted from Netscape as my mail client to Outlook, but so far I can't figure out how to access all my old archived email I have stored on my hard drive, previously using Netscape. How can I import my old Netscape Email into Outlook for Archiving? Please email me and let me know. Mail@JeffFenton.com Thanks! Jeff What respective versions? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head...

File Open Box
When I go file open and the box appears to select where & what I want to open, it appears full screen, how can I reduce the size of it (it never used to be full screen). I try placing the mouse on the edges but it won't give me a drag arrow from anywhere around the perimeter of the screen Drove me near insane once. Dbl-click in the dialog title bar. "bev" <bev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66C4FC65-041A-4EF3-A1F0-4B1FEA6F472F@microsoft.com... > When I go file open and the box appears to select where & what I want to > open...

"Failed to open a rowset", "Cannot obtain error message from Server."
Hi...I've been working on this report for the past few days and I haven't been able to solve this problem! I'm using Crystal 9.0 and I've got 2 subreports within a main report and they connect to a stored procedure via ODBC...every time I enter a parameter that has no matching records, I get the following two messages "Failed to open a rowset" and "Not supported. Details: Cannot obtain error message from Server." I can't figure out where or why this occurs...Can anyone look this over and see what I'm doing wrong?? 1st Subreport declare @curruser ...

Open an odp file in ppt
I have MS Office Home & STudent 07 version & have the PS2 package loaded. I still cannot open an odp file into my ppt program. It says I do not have a file converter but I don't find one anywhere in my searches. =?Utf-8?B?SmVycnk=?= <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:843352D9-41F5-4B7F-9FC4-9D580E84702B@microsoft.com: > I have MS Office Home & STudent 07 version & have the PS2 package > loaded. I still cannot open an odp file into my ppt program. It says > I do not have a file converter but I don't find one anywhere in my >...

Folders open when receiving mail
I have sub-folders within folders in my email Folders List. If I close all the main folders, and then receive new email; there is a way to have a main folder open up and show it's sub-folders with the sub-folder that contains the new email bolded. My old PC with Outlook 2000 used to do this, my new PC with Outlook 2002 doesn't. Does anyone know how to set this up? Thanks. ...

cannot open exel from windows xp in windows vista and visa versa
Seems that the format in windows xp is a different format in windows vista. I try to open an excel file sent from xp to vista and it gives me a message that this file cannot be opened. In xp the format is .xlr and in vista it is ..xlxs. Is there any way that either xp or vista exel formats can be changed in order to open an attachment of a vista or xp file so it can be compatible to be read? To open Excel 2007 files with Excel 2003 (or earlier) you need the compatibility utility from Microsoft. Go to: Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Format...