open subfolders automatically on mail entry -- not happening.

Hello all.

Have a problem that happens in one Outlook 2002, but not another -- so I
know there's a likely setting someplace, but can't find it. I've even stumped
my company's IT people on this one:

I download mail through several rules (and accounts); and ship them to
various subfolders off of parent folders. What I desire is to have the email
automatically open the appropriate folder -- revealing the affected subfolder
-- when new mail comes into it. In one of my Outlooks (both 2002), this does
open automatically revealing the new highlighted message. But the other does
not -- mail goes there, but it remains hidden beneath the contracted folder.

This is suboptimal for me as I thusly need to periodically open all my
folders to look for mail there -- which I don't often do timely enough.

Is there a fix for this that anyone knows about? If so, as I don't usually
hang out here, could you please respond to dchinnici AT sunsetautogroup DOT
com. Thanks. --Don
0
Don4849 (203)

Please help, windows mail getting dialup box?
I have Qwest DSL service, but when tying to open or send Email via windows mail, a blank dialup box appears and I cannot send or receive any windows mail. The connection settings look to be set right, never dial a connection and set for LAN, automatic and proxy server. The proxy server address is "proxy.integrity.com. "and port 80. Is this right? Until recently I did had ISP Integrity Online and dialup service. Also the mail server is set for "POP3 default" Any ideas on what I should do to to correct this please let me know? I have already been round &...

Outlook 2002 freezes while it receives mail.
When Outlook is receiving email, the entire system locks up for the duration of the reception. Once the message has been received, everything picks up fine again. This is a recent issue. It was running fine last week. There have been no updates of any kind (aside from antivirus DATs), nor have any settings been changed manually. Any suggestions as to what I can check for? ...

Can't open pst file, It said this is not personal folder.
I have several pst files which are over 2G, some even 3G, which can not open now. Story: I was using outlook 2003 before and they were ok even over 2G or 3G. one day I broke my disk so I sent the disk outside to rescue all data back. when I open pst less than 2G, they are fine. But the pst files over 2G I can not open now. Even I want to open and repair it but it said it is not pst file. what can I do now ? ...

Opening 2003 graqhs in 2007
Hi I'm having problems with graphs created in 2003 version, when these open in 2007 the Horizontal axes and text goes completely wrong! Any ideas where to start would be good, I can alter the axis manually but don't fancy doing this for all the graphs I use. Cheers, -- This post was created using recycled electrons! ...

Outlook 2007, Windows Vista 64 bit
I used Outlook 2007 without any problem in Vista 32 bit before I upgraded from Vista 32 bit to 64 bit. I downloaded Office 2007 again and the first time I opened Outlook after that, I configured it with my mail settings(although it froze and never showed me the inbox). And whenever I try opening Outlook even in safe mode, the window stops responding and I have to kill it. I have uninstalled Office and tried reinstalling but to no avail. Please suggest a solution to this. I appreciate your help! Regards, Neha See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm ...

changing entry's quickly
I have aproximately 5000 entries for product codes. My problem is this: I need to get rid of the last two digits of each code quickly. For example: I need to change 0234600 to 02346 is there a simple wa to do this? It needs to be done in text format because of the zero a the start of each product. Thank -- cj2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39095 ...

Windows Update Automatic When I Want Manual
I have set Windows update to notify me when there are updates to download and install..but recently, they have been downloading and installing automatically! I don't know what else to do now! Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. With any of the Automatic Updates options selected, you will only see AU's yellow "Updates are ready to be installed" icon when *all* of the approved updates have downloaded or in...

WINDOWS LIVE MAIL 0x800CCCOF
WINDOWS LIVE MAIL 0x800CCCOF I have used Live Mail for say a year pulling without any problem 3 different yahoo.co.uk email addresses. Recently I keep getting intermittently this error. 0x800CCCOF Sometimes on one account sometimes on 2 sometimes on all three yahoo.co.uk. I do not gett this error when only synchronizing (send/receive) talktalk.net e mail address. If I patiently synchronize (send/receive) several times I will eventually be able to get the messages but it can take many attempts over say 15 minutes. So it is irritating and feels somewhat unreliable. I use the payi...

Possible bug in excel 97: impossible to entry dates
In a workbook excel 97 forces calculation when I put in a cell 04/04/2004, ie. excel calculates =4/4/2004. The cell's has date format then the result is jan-01-1900, because it calutaes the quotient 1/200 !!! . Do not matter why I do to resolve the trouble still the same. I I put vgr. 04-04-2004, excel reedit the content in the formula ba adding a "=" sign at the string begin changing to =4-4-2004 result error ###### in date format, of course,but -2004.00 in general format The most curious is if i insert a new sheet in this worbook exc manages well the date and hour input. No ...

new mail goes straight to trash
When I receive new mail it goes straight to the trash folder skipping the inbox. Trash meaning the Junk folder or Deleted Items? Either way, only message rules or blocked senders can do this, (unless it's a third party spam program folder). Check blocked senders. You probably blocked your own address. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "phil7578" <phil7578@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE617CF6-B7B4-4B71-B728-5EB33740249A@microsoft.com... > When I receive new mail it goes straight to the tr...

Excel 2007, Sort data by no. similar entries?
Is it possible with Excel 2007 to sort data by the number of similar entries within a column? I.E Row1 Row2 1977 Andrew 1980 Andrew 1960 Rachel 1950 Rachel 1940 Rachel 1965 John What I want to be able to do is sort data in Row2 so that Rachel shows 1st as she has 3 entries, then Andrew and finally John as he only has a single instance, is this possible? Thanks, Andrew. How about using a helper column? I read your row1 as column1 and row2 as column2, and put the formula like "=COUNTIF(B$1:B$6,B1)" into C1 and copy it down to C6. then , sort the table b...

e-mail notification #3
How do I get Outlook to use speech for e-mail notification? --- Ron Harter | Tongue, Tied and Twisted rdharter@comcast.net | Just An Earth Bound Misfit ... I | Pink Floyd I think you are asking for a sound to notify you that new mail has been received. That's set in Control Panel, Sound Schemes, New Mail Notification. You can use any wav file you want--the built in sounds, the annoying "You've got mail" or any other sound file you can download or even one you recorded yourself. If you are asking...

report showing calender entries
Does anyone know of a report that's available that shows the entries in the calender function? Or possibly what I would need to do to create such a report. We use the calender for appointments, and it would be useful to have such a report. On the same note it would be nice if MS would make the calender more integrated with customers and POS. Craig Anyone? I did see that there is a table called calender entry, but have know idea how to get it on a report. Craig "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message news:Oq%23j5wmCHHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl....

Windows Live Mail not marking newly posted news messages as Watched
When I post a new message in a newsgroup with Windows Live Mail, I want it to be marked as Watched. This is not happening with all of my news accounts (I have an msnews.microsoft.com and Microsoft Answers account, the Microsoft Answers account is not marking my new posts as Watched). How can I fix this? Thanks. -- Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/ If you're using the NNTP Bridge for Microsoft Answers, message rules do not work for that. It should work with MSNews. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial...

attachments open in the background
Iam running office xp pro. When i open attachments in they appear to open in the background. prior to xp when i opened attachments they open and put outlook in the background. is there a fix to this? thanks in advance for your help Focus issues are often caused by the videocard driver. Make sure you are running the latest driver for your videocard. If you are already running the latest version rollback to the previous version. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Servic...

PC freezes when I open a file
I have a four-page document with a lot of URLs. Whenever I open it, my mouse cannot click anything for about two minutes, and the document itself remains frozen for five minutes. If it is only that one document, it suggests that it is partially corrupt. Not knowing which version of Word or OS you are using makes it difficult to give you options to sort it out, but try the Open and Repair function first. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Mike Row Soft" <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72B470EE-B86F-4018-99B5-F5FCEB41BB34@microsoft.c...

mail forwarding #5
Hi, We have exchange 2003 installed with domain1.com, we sometimes get e-mail from help@extdomain.com for our address support@domain1.com. We want that all mail from help@extdomain.com is also forwarded to address@extdomain2.com. How can we do that (configuring in Outlook is not an option) extdomain.com and extdomain2.com are no domains of us I showed you two ways I think second way what you intent to do If you are getting e-mail from external address to one of your internal address and would like copy of this e-mail to go to another external e-mail address, you will need to create ...

i cant open to accept a task assigned to me why
any tasks sent to (office Outlook 2007) i cant open to accept error says cant open that file type did diagnostics no errors help please ...

outlook express shows header info in html mail
Hi i've sent an email thoruh a form in a php page; in some outlook express client the mail is shown with some header info and with html tag as they were plain text. I receive the email just as it should be, while my collegue (which is beside me in the same office) and my client don't. I already unchecked the 'Read message in plain text' checkbox. Has anyone any idea about it? NB: i used the phpmailer class in php. Thanks Vitto I presume that you are talking about something like Yahoo Groups where you send a message to the group and it is then sent to as...

OWA and Freedocs
E2K3 SP2, FE/BE, Freedocs set to 3. Previously was working. Users have correct permissions and can open doc, xls, pdf in Outlook fine, but OWA quit serving them up and gives the 403 error page. Wondering if there is a security patch to remove or if steps can take to restore the freedocs capability. Have checked all KBs can find and so far no resolution. Please assist or point me in the right direction to resolve, thanks! ...

select e-mail account for sending message
Hello, I am using Outlook 2007 and 3 e-mail accounts. Is there a way to get Outlook to prompt for which account I want to use to send a message? -- Thanks, Bob BBran <bbran@nowhere.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook 2007 and 3 e-mail accounts. Is there a way to get > Outlook to prompt for which account I want to use to send a message? Isn't it more efficient simply to choose it with the Accounts button? -- Brian Tillman Or assign a searate signature for each account and make one the default? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to ke...

alpha-sort list where each entry contains more than one line
How do I alpha-sort a list where each entry contains more than one line? For example, a person's name (line 1) and his organizational affiliation (line 2)? Each technique I try sorts each and every line, so the person gets separated from his organization and the alpha-list is meaningless. The easiest workaround is to use Ctrl-H (Find and Replace) to convert your multi-pagraph entries into single paragraphs. Assuming that each entry has certain similar line headings (Name, Organization, Address, etc.), you could search for "^pOrganization" and replace all occurrenc...

GROUP MAIL 04-12-10
I have set up a group mail list in windows mail; however, the message is not sent. There is no error message and the message does not appear in the sent file. I send the message by clicking on action, sned email and complete the message and hit send but the message is not sent. Sounds like you are doing it backwards. Instead of first opening = Contacts, then clicking on Action, Send E-mail, try this: Compose the email message first, then click on To and select the Group. Although your method should also work, it requires more intervention = from the default protocol assign...

an eye glasses connected to computer for reading invisible mails
An invisible software system should should be inserted in the computer for viewing mails and other documents.When activated can be viewd by an Eye glasses connected to the system for who wants privacy can be viewed him only if put on. And also when typing can be seen by who put on the glasses. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Micr...

How can I sent an e-mail to the creator task
Is it possible send an e-mail when the task is closed for the created vy? The e-mail it is send by owner and the only logic user can I send an e-mail is to the own owner. Can I am clear? Regards ...