open folder

Whenever I start Outlook 2000, one of the sub-folders always opens up
expanded, all the others are closed.  The program starts with the inbox
selected which is as I want it, but how do I get this particular sub-folder
to start up closed?  Outlook doesn't seem to remember the current setting
when I close it.  I cannot find anything under Tools.
Thanks in advance,

Geoff.

Delete folder without moving to "deleted items" folder
Dear all, In Outlook I have VBA code which copies the contact folder stored in our Public Folders to my contact folder as a new subfolder. E.g. name of the contact folder in the public folders > PContacts My contact folder will look like this after the copy process: Mailbox - Simon Minder Inbox Calendar Contacts > PContacts .... I would like to include code which deletes the PContacts folder without moving the folder to the "deleted items" folder. In addition, I assume I need to clear the "Clear Offline Items" first, before I can delete this...

Opening Money 2000 file in Money 2007
I have Money 2007 Home & Business, version 16.0.150.1303. It seems to work fine except when I try and use it to open a money 2000 file that used UK pounds as the base currency. First I get a message saying it is converting the file, then it says I must specify an exchange rate for $/� which is not available online but when the currency screen comes up it says a file needed to run planner is missing or corrupted and the program closes. If I try and start the new converted file it goes straight to the currency screen with the same missing/corrupted planner file message and I can'...

shortcut to open workbook as read only? Excel 2000
I have a workbook that contains data that will be used for mail merge. Users will be filtering the data before the merge, so I want them to use a copy of the workbook so the original data is safe. I know users can select Open As Copy from the drop down next to the Open button, but it's not obvious to a casual user, so I'd like to create a shortcut in windows explorer for them that they can double click to open the workbook as a copy. Does anyone know if that's possible? Thanks :) Maybe you could just mark the workbook readonly (using windows explorer). Or even give it a p...

Windows installer runs when opening Office 2003
I have both Office 2003 and Office 2007 installed on my XP Pro machine. Office 2007 is working just fine, but in the past month or so I see the Windows Installer preparing to install message every time I start Word, Excel, Access, or Publishing 2003. All four programs open after a minute or so; in Word I get an error message: "An error occurred and this feature is no longer functioning properly. Please run setup and select Repair." The other three programs do not display such a message. I have not installed Powerpoint 2003. I have tried running Setup from my Office 2...

MDBdata folder problem
I came in this morning and the Exchange 2000 server would not start. I noticed that the MDBdata folder contained 50gig of data, so I deleted all the .log files that started with E and restarted the Exchange server. Everything seems to be working fine. I then read in this newsgroup that it is a bad idea to delete those files manually. I have two questions: 1. Will I run into problems now that I have deleted those files manually? 2. a 5 meg log file is created every 2 minutes. Is there a way I can reduce the frequency of these log files? thanks for your advice. hk "Hasan Kachal&...

mails can not be opened or deleted
Hi, I cant open or delete mails from outlook inbox. When I try to do it, there comes an error message saying "you don not have permission perform this operation". I have around 400 mails on the server (I am on a LAN)stuck.... any help? thank you. pk What version of Outlook? Do you connect to an Exchange Server or are you using a PST file from a network drive? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "pk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Page fault error when opening a file
When I try to open a Publisher file with my Publisher installation with Office Small Business 2000 I get a message saying "MSPUB has an invalid page fault ...Kernel32.dll". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Publisher and in fact the entire Office Small Business 2000 software but the problem persists. I can create a new file with Publisher and Publisher will open the new file, however, when I attempt to open a previously created file the error occurs. Thank you for any help you may provide. CRM CRM (Can't Remember Much) what version of Windows are you using? Does t...

Why can I not open Excel Documents emailed to me?
I have just installed Microsoft Outlook 2003. I can no longer open Excel documents. The message I get is 'cannot find specified file'. When I open Excel it tells me the office assistant could not be started, please re run. This did not happen before I installed MS Outlook. I can no longer find my Office Professional installation programme so I assume this now means I cannot use Excel. Sometimes one of these works when you double click on a file in windows explorer and it doesn't work (similar to your Outlook problem): Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (unc...

How can I check if an e-mail has been opened?
I would like to track the e-mails not opened when I do a mass mailing. Is there a way to track that in Publisher? No. You can't do that reliably in any application because there are many email programs. Even if they are using Outlook, you can tell your system to never send out a read receipt. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jill" <Jill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71242736-B9A4-46EE-96E8-2D13CB0E4DD5@microsoft.com... >I would like to track the e-mails...

Permissions on sub-folders
Hi is there a way for sub-folders in,say, Inbox, to inherit permissions. There are about 80 such folders, and the owner wants their secretary to see all of them. Eoin C. Bair�ad Dublin, Ireland ...

Delete empty folders in Outlook
Does anyone know how to automate deletion of empty folders i Outlook. It is especially needed after archiving of large folder structures. Can it be done by programming or using 3rd party tool? -- Best regards, Lars O you could use: Tools | Options | Other tab - Empty Deleted Items on Exit. "Lars O" <xjk9g7i02@sneakemail.com> wrote in message news:kUNGc.688$Gp7.39@news.get2net.dk... > Does anyone know how to automate deletion of empty folders i Outlook. > It is especially needed after archiving of large folder structures. > > Can it be done by programming or...

Trying to open an Excel File
I have made a Excel File with almost 16 MB, but after I saved it, when I try to open it again it gets stock, so I have to cancel the task, I believe the file is corrupted. Is there any way to open part of the file at least. thanks Maybe a newer version of excel would open it. Or maybe OpenOffice (free spreadsheet program) would work for you: http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD George the one wrote: > > I have made a Excel File with almost 16 MB, but after I saved it, when I try > to open it again it gets stock, so I have to cancel the task, I believe the &...

Open to Inbox
Outlook 2007 - is there a setting to set that will have Outlook open to the Inbox? Thanks. Tools | Options| Other | Advanced... -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q "24c" <24c@nothere.org> wrote in message news:#WzbzqX2JHA.3780@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl: > Outlook 2007 - is there a setting to set that will have Outlook open to the > Inbox? > > Thanks. Thanks Ben. "Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote...

Open archives in another computer
OK, I give up. I just got a laptop and wanted to move all my contacts and appointments from my desktop to the laptop. Can you tell me step by step how to do that. I've tried to archive time after time but can't open the archive on the laptop. I just keep adding archive folders but they are empty. Mainly what I want are the contacts and the appointments. The rest is not that important. Thanks. IS. You didn't specify your version and account type which makes it hard to describe the best method for you. You can use File-> Import and Export... to export you contacts and appo...

Please help! Want to auto-close opened XML file
Greetings, I need some help with what seems to be a simple task but which, as usual, is impossible to do given the state of VBA's help files. I am looping through a series of XML files in a folder and want to convert/save them off to another folder in CSV (because we found Excel can do this). Inside my loop, I am doing the following to open the file: Workbooks.OpenXML Filename:=(inputDir + xmlFile), LoadOption:=xlXmlLoadImportToList That's fine and dandy but I don't really need the workbook to open like a real workbook -- I need it to open like in C++ or Java (i.e. open it int...

Opening Publisher with blank page
I have just upgraded to 2007 from 2003. Somehow I had managed to have my program come up with a blank page instead of the templates whenever I opened Publisher. BUT I can't figure out how I did it. Can anybody help? PLEASE Tools, Options, uncheck Show Publication Types when starting Publisher. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "nonserenity" <nonserenity@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBA4AD79-DF58-476D-9788-500A1E55E93B@microsoft.com... >I have just upgraded to 2007 from 2003. ...

Opening Large Files
How do you open large files, say +30MB and read their contents to the screen? (like an edit box, or something which would kinda act like a logfile). kefkastudio It depends on your requirements: Will plenty of RAM always be available? Is speed critical? Does the data need to be edited? With plenty of RAM, you could do something like create an array (or linked list) of character buffers, where each buffer contains one line from the file. Then, simply draw all these lines to the screen starting from the current scroll position. If you want to save on RAM and don't care as much about ...

Microsoft Outlook Public Folders
We use Microsoft Small Business Server 2000 and have Outlook 2002 installed on all desktops. Some questions I have: How do I go about deleting the favourites folder within "Public Folders"? How do I go about deleting "Internet Newsgroups" within "All Public Folders"? I can not find ways to create folders directly in "Public Folders". It seems I can only create folders within "All Public Folders". Why is that? Is there a way to delete "All Public Folders" within "Public Folders"? I would be extremely grateful for ...

new email downloaded into "deleted items" folder
I notice recently that often (always?) when I download new emails, one of them goes directly to the deleted items file. What's going on? I checked my special handling (junk, porn, etc.) and those lists are all empty. jcs Check for rules.... john savage wrote: > I notice recently that often (always?) when I download new > emails, one of them goes directly to the deleted items > file. What's going on? I checked my special handling > (junk, porn, etc.) and those lists are all empty. > > jcs ...

cannot open Inbox: just hangs
Outlook Express for MS XP platform; suddenly cannot open Inbox. Click on icon and the page just hangs. I can see messages downloaded to Inbox but page does not respond and no messages come up in Inbox view window. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002, and 2003. If you have questions regarding Outlook Express please post your question in one of the applicable groups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x micr...

delete folder from personal folders
i have accidentally deleted a folder from my personal folder and when i restore the pst file i cannot find it! any ideas? ...

Make web page shortcut open in browser *not* Outlook 2003 "viewer"
Is there a way in Outlook 2003 to make a web page shortcut (in the Outlook shortcut bar) open the page in a browser rather than inside Outlook itself? ...

Reminders after opening outlook
Occasionally when I open Outlook a window opens alerting me to a large number of reminders. There are usually hundreds of reminders for emails, contacts, business contact manager opportunities, etc. These are items that I have not requested reminders for. Generating this list slows down my system for several minutes. I select "dismiss all" and this also slows down my system for several minutes while the list is cleared. As stated, this is an intermittent problem. It occurs approximately once a week or so. I usually boot my PC 1-2 times per day. The reminders are...

unable to display the folder. an unexpected error occurred
I use outlook to view mail on a groupwise server. when i open the mailbox or the calandar i get "unable to display the folder. an unexpected error occurred". i can view the notes folder and the tasks folder. i can also see that i have unopened mail, but when i try to open the mailbox, i get the above error. any solutions? please help. thank you. ...

Money 2000 Data File Won't Open
I have been using MS Money 2000 for a number of years now. It is the ONLY version of Money I've run on my current system. I recently was forced to reformat and reload my entire OS, Windows 2000 SP4, applications and data. After doing this and trying to open my MS Money files, one personal and one business, they both have asked for passwords. Since I have a secure environment I have never password protected these files... What I've tried since faced with this problem is: 1) Restore backups that had been on a remote zip drive. They too asked for a password... 2) Read a nu...