Open a saved .pst file

I have a saved pst file from my old computer on CD, and I
need some information from my old Inbox, but I can't
open/restore that file, it says "Access denied...".
How can I get on my old information?
Is the old Information lost?

Thank you
Thomas

You cannot access a pst file on a CD.  You need to copy the pst file to your
hard drive and then clear the read only flag on the file.  Outlook needs
read/write access to a pst file to open it.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

***Please post all replies to the newsgroups***
"Thomas" <neumanntrj@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> I have a saved pst file from my old computer on CD, and I
> need some information from my old Inbox, but I can't
> open/restore that file, it says "Access denied...".
> How can I get on my old information?
> Is the old Information lost?
>
> Thank you
> Thomas

0
patriciac (522)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

CSV File Problem

CFile (delete file)

import a 123 file

open two different Access reports

opening .pst archives

Public Folder link to Excel File

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Renaming Partial File Names

Help, I cannot Save!

opening a .docx with word 2004

printing imported gif files in Excel

unknown .edb file

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...

Budget Wont Save
I have have Money 2002 for awhile and have never been able to save a budget and start a new one. I decided to start over with a new file, but once I get all my info back in there, it still won't save. MS has no info in the KB about this. Anyone else have this issue? ...

.pdf save as settings