OOF assist only replies to internal recipients

When the Out-of-Office assistant is enabled only internal
users receive an automatic response to emails. External
users do not get a response. We are using Outlook 2003
with Small Business Server 2003.
Any help would be much appreciated.

JoeBudda
0
anonymous (74722)

That is correct behavior for the default (secure) configuration of Exchange.
If you want to change this behavior;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/automaticreply.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"JoeBudda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When the Out-of-Office assistant is enabled only internal
> users receive an automatic response to emails. External
> users do not get a response. We are using Outlook 2003
> with Small Business Server 2003.
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> JoeBudda

0
Roady
9/1/2004 11:50:22 AM
You'll need to reconfigure the server -note that it can be a security hazard
to send them to internet users ("Sorry I'm not here to read your mail, I'm
in Aruba for the next month... " lets everyone know your house is ripe for a
break in) and validates the address to spammers.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"JoeBudda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When the Out-of-Office assistant is enabled only internal
> users receive an automatic response to emails. External
> users do not get a response. We are using Outlook 2003
> with Small Business Server 2003.
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> JoeBudda

0
poremsky (25)

"reply" and "reply all" with attachement
hello please tell me how i can set up outlook XP (2002) to obtain the following thing when i have an e-mail with attach and hit the "reply" or reply all" - the text of the original e-mail is shown in the message but the attachement is not when I forward the e-mail - everything is OK thanks bma19 wrote: > hello > please tell me how i can set up outlook XP (2002) to obtain the > following thing > when i have an e-mail with attach and hit the "reply" or reply all" - > the text of the original e-mail is shown in the message but the > attachem...

Replies to e-mails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When I reply to an e-mail instead of being placed into my sent folder it is placed in my Inbox, thus requiring me to have to move them at a later stage. Is there a setting that needs to be changed and if so wht are the steps? ...

Out of office Assistant #52
Is there a way to have the out of office notify the same sender more than once that they are out of office. It seems now that if you have out of office on and someone sends you an email and they get the out of office message, that they won't get another out of office message if they happened to send another email. Thanks. No. "grahamnh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2912901c46503$2eaa0c60$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have the out of office notify the same > sender more than once that they are out of office. It > se...

HOW TO SEND MAIL INTERN??
Im having some problems with sending mails intern? ...

Internal an external mailbox
Im using exchange for internal mails (companyname.local) and an ISP with POP3 service for external mails (companyname.com.mx). I use the POP3 conector to recive and send outside mails. If i send a mail, my address appear as "companyname.local" then people can not reply to my because an invalid address. What can i do to get my outside address to apear in these mail tha are for outside people, then they coul replay to my without address problem. Then stop doing that. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Jesus Bonill...

Delivery Error For Internal Accounts Using Exchange
I have a user that cannot send inner office emails unless the Accounts tab is opened and the Inner office email account for the user is selected. The default email address for this person is an external email SMTP account. Using Office 2003 with Exchange 2000 also have it set up for Exchange Cached mode. Example: the user receives an external email with the SMTP account and needs to forward the message to several employees on the Inner Office Account. All of the employees that are getting the email are receiving it via their Inner Office Exchange account but one of the employees ca...

Check Recipient Names in Outlook 2007
I just imported a Contact List in Outlook 2007. Is there a way to check the email addresses for errors before sending a email to the contacts? My problem is that when I send out the emails, some emails are not correct and sening the email fails. Can anyone help me? -- RES Outlook will tell when it encounters any email address that is not valid. If the email address is incorrect, how could Outlook know that? Exactly what "errors" did your import produce? What file type did you import? -- Russ Valentine "RES" <RES@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Exchange 2007 recipient policies create duplicate addresses
Bug report: The Exchange 2007 recipient policies will gladly create two objects with the same address. We get no indication of the situation until senders inform us that their messages to the address that was duplicated are bouncing. This is aggravated by the aggressive enforcement of recipient policies in Exchange 2007. We hope you're able to fix this as soon as possible. Thanks ...

internal error 2359
I have loaded office onto my home machine and when I try to import my contacts list I get an error 2359 the installer shutdown with a failed to install message I have searched the knowledge base (Microsoft ) and have found that the problem fix requires me to install the files onto the local pc when I try to do this the installer goes through the motins and comes back as failed. I have tried to uninstall the whole of office and when it is uninstalled I reboot and try to re-install and still get this error 2359 ????? does anyone know of how to fix this problem. "Milly Staples [MV...

Error 550 5.1.1 on email sent to internal distribution list
We are running SBS 2003 and have Exchange configured for internal email only. We have several distribution lists set up. There is one user who is having sporadic problems sending email to one or more of these groups. It doesn't happen every time but perhaps once or twice a week he is returned a 550 5.1.1. We have looked at his email configuration (Outlook 2003) and have made certain that the Exchange Server is the default email account. I'm sure we are over looking somethng simple, but what? I have to believe that it's related to the fact that you insist on maintaining a spl...

recipient filters, problems exch2003
I need to host multiple domain and i've done the following: 1. created additional UPNs 2. an OU for each extra domain 3. in the default recipient policy i added the extra domains as stated = in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/268838/en-us now i want to create recipient update policies to add the correct domain = to each OU(or i can create a group if it's needed). i've read article 317298 that is only for exch2000 and mentions thing = that doesn't exists(there's no "path name" in adsi edit in any of my = containers, also, it says to select user and then group me...

How do I show the email addresses of recipients in an Official Mai
Using Exchange 5.5 / Outlook 2003 How do I show the email addresses of recipients in an Official Mailing List? Thanks Carol On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:57:05 -0800, "Carol Sitea" <CarolSitea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Using Exchange 5.5 / Outlook 2003 > >How do I show the email addresses of recipients in an Official Mailing List? > >Thanks >Carol Explain that a little more will you please? What is it you want to achieve? I need to give the email addresses of recipients included in a few official mailing lists to someone who doesn't use Outloo...

Email to Unknown Recipients?
Hello, I would like to allow the system to still send an email to an unknown recipient. We have many emails that may contain a lot of recipients that are not resolved to contacts, and we don't want them to resolve to contacts in the system, but would still like to be able to Reply-to-All from CRM. Has anyone else ran into this issue and have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help! Chris ...

Public folder auto-replys
Hello. Ive been trying to set-up the following for a couple of days and seem to have run into a brick wall so thought i would turn to here to see if anyone can help;) I have a distribution group (administration@) that is heavily used and am trying to set-up an auto-responder for it. Now, Ive set up a public folder (auto-responder@) and set-up the folder assistant to automaticly fire a default response to anyone that emails that pf. Tested from external account and works (had to give anon read/write permissions first though). Ive then added that pf to the membership of administration so, in ...

outlook 2000 reply/forward
I have outlook 2000 running on WinXP home ed. Recently, I am unable to forward or reply to any email. I can compose and send but not forward or reply/reply all. When I cick FORWARD or REPLY, I get the hour glass for a very long time. Any thoughts on how to solve this problem? Fred, I have the same problem and I can't figure out how to correct the issue. Have you come across any answers since your original positing? -Jeff "Fred" wrote: > I have outlook 2000 running on WinXP home ed. Recently, I > am unable to forward or reply to any email. I can compose > and send b...

Automatic reply to external addresses
I have some users wanting to have an automatic reply to all messages sent to a few specific mailboxes. We have always disallowed this in the past because of the potential for mail loops. Can automatic replies to an external address even be allowed in Exchange 2007? If so, are there any safeguards against mail loops? Are there any third-party products that would keep Exchange 2007 from replying to an automatic reply? Thank you. Yes, it's a property of the Set-RemoteDomain cmdlet. In Exchange 2007 it can be made a little safer because you can allow it only to a sing...

Creating forms in Excel to Import access data ! Please reply
I have posted this previously in excel.links without an answer. I am at a standstill now. Your assistance is appreciated. I have an access database. In this database, I have several forms and reports that need to be sent via email to other individuals. They need to enter info into several locations and then return via email to me. If I export the form/report to excel, the format is lost. Is it possible to create a form/report in excel, import the info from my access database, and then email to another location without losing the info and also allowing that individual to enter info into...

Need to custom identify incoming outlook messages and keep this identifier when user replies
I need to map an incoming message with the replying outgoing messages using a custom identifier. The incoming message should be built including this custom identifier and sent to the end user in outlook. We could add this identifier as part of the e-mail subject, but prefer to add it somewhere that the end user cannot edit. When the end user replies to the message, it is important that this custom identifier is included in the reply message, just as it would if we included it in the subject field. Is there a document field that can be used for this purpose, and will the value in thi...

how do I get new/reply/reply to all/forward buttons turned on

eTech and Manage Assist in Field Service
There are the eTech product and Manage Assist products in Great Plains 8. Do these products continue in Great Plains version 9 and 10? Can you provide more details? Also, I dont see Manage Assist on the price list - does it come included with Service Call Management? Thank you. Hi Jack, Manager Assist has become a discontinued product for the Feild Service Module. There is a new module that was developed by IBIS Inc. Called Enterprise Scheduler that works much better with Great Plains. I beleive that the eTech component of Fieldservice is now part of Business Portal. Thanks Do...

e-mail recipients
How can I send out multiple recipients in one e-mail? I would like to send one e-mail to all the contacts in my directory. To use the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) feature, in a new message window, either click View | All Headers and type in the addresses separated by a; Or: Click the To button. You will see your list of contacts and the choice of putting them in the To, CC, or BCC field. Click on an address, then click BCC to add it. Repeat for all the contacts you want. (Note: Most ISPs have limits as to how many e-mails you can send a one time. 25 is common, but it varies). Put...

Discussion not notifying me of replies
I've been ticking the "NOTIFY ME OF REPLIES' box on posts, but i'm not being notified. Anyone else having the same problem? anyone know a fix? thanks. Peter Depends entirely on your "host" for this newsgroup. Ask the support staff for the newsgroup-frontend server you are using. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 03/03/10 06:34, PG wrote: > I've been ticking the "NOTIFY ME OF REPLIES' box on posts, but i'm not being > notified. Anyone else having the same problem? anyone know a fix? > thanks. Peter Hi Peter, Yes,...

Reply in Plain text adds the prefix '>' when it's not selected under preferences
I recently changed computers. I don't understand why all of my plain text msgs that I reply to include the '>' character in my signature, but no where else in the body of the e-mail. When I reply in RTF, everything is peachy. Under Tools/Options/Preferences/E-ail Options, the option to select what character to prefix msgs is grayed out, so I can't even select it. This is really annoying me.... C ...

Send to Mail Recipient
I'm trying to use the "Send to Mail Recipient function with Excel, and keep getting the error, "Lotus Notes Mailman error, invalid clas string". For years, I'ved used this function for years with a company that use Outlook for it's email, but this is the first time I've tried wit Lotus Notes. I get the same error whether I use the button, or the File Send t function from the menu. Please advise, Microsoft Windows 2000 5.00.2195 SP3, Microsoft Excel 2000 9.0.4402 SR1 Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com > Have you received any possib...

Money 2007 International Edition
Hi Guys, I am trying to get hold of Microsoft Money 2007 International Edition. Is this available yet? I have contacted Microsoft South Africa, but they made it clear that they will not release any version after Microsoft Money 2005. (v14) (Apparently due to limited demand…) Unfortunately the US trial version does not want to upgrade the International version file format. I know I can go the Export QIF / Import route, but this cause to many problems with double transactions. Any ideas if an International version exist? Thanks Renier The only M2007 non US version is Japanese. Re th...