One account with multiple addresses

Outlook 2002

I have two email addresses - a "personal" address provided by the ISP  and a
"work" address which is is a recieve address only, there's no outgoing mail
server.   So I have my work email forwarded to my personal ISP, and I have a
separate account set up on Outlook to deal with that mail.

I would like to be able to automatically reply to emails so that the replies
look like they're coming from the correct account.  That is, if I receive an
email addressed to my work account, I would like the reply to look like it's
coming from the work account.  Same for the personal account.

But because both Outlook accounts are actually tied to the same ISP account
(with different info in the "From" and "reply to"), Outlook won't let me
check & send  both "accounts" at the same time. And so therefore, all my
mails - even replies - go out with the "from" address of the default
account, rather than from the account which recieved the email.

Can anyone suggest a work-around solution?

Thanks,
JG

0
jg70124

> Can anyone suggest a work-around solution?

I'm working around a similar problem. It all depends on how your ISP is set
up to handle outgoing mail.  You could point both mail accounts at your ISP
SMTP server, and TRY using different email addresses on them.  This is not
likely to work, as this is the spammers idea of heaven, and ISP's are
closing these loopholes.

In my case, I can receive both accounts, but when I try to reply to mail
from my non-default account, it tries to use that accounts SMTP server, and
I get the "Cannot relay" message, which is perfectly reasonable.  I'd like
some way to force all replies, even to mail via my second account, to go
OUT via my first account.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.ringers.org.uk       (Personal Webpage)

0
Swifty (59)
5/8/2004 6:48:38 AM
Set your server to authenticate to the outgoing server using the incoming
credentials.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
Steve Swift <Swifty@btconnect.com> asked:
|| Can anyone suggest a work-around solution?
|
| I'm working around a similar problem. It all depends on how your ISP
| is set up to handle outgoing mail.  You could point both mail
| accounts at your ISP SMTP server, and TRY using different email
| addresses on them.  This is not likely to work, as this is the
| spammers idea of heaven, and ISP's are closing these loopholes.
|
| In my case, I can receive both accounts, but when I try to reply to
| mail from my non-default account, it tries to use that accounts SMTP
| server, and I get the "Cannot relay" message, which is perfectly
| reasonable.  I'd like some way to force all replies, even to mail via
| my second account, to go OUT via my first account.

0
MillyS4407 (663)
5/8/2004 3:19:55 PM
> Set your server to authenticate to the outgoing server using the
> incoming credentials.

I'm sorry, but this is a little too cryptic for me.  I cannot find where to
do it, for one thing.  Once I've found where to do it, I can read up on the
help about what it might do for me.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.ringers.org.uk       (Personal Webpage)
http://hedgehog.farn.uk.ibm.com (IBM Internal - restricted)

0
Swifty (59)
5/9/2004 6:52:25 PM
Swifty <Swifty@btconnect.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry, but this is a little too cryptic for me.  I cannot find
> where to do it, for one thing.  Once I've found where to do it, I can
> read up on the help about what it might do for me.

Tools>E-mail Accounts>View or change existing e-mail accounts>Next.  Select
your account.  Click Change>More Settings>Outgoing Server.  Check the "My
outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication".  Click the "Use same
settings..." or "Log on using" radio button as appropriate.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
5/10/2004 8:37:26 PM
> Tools>E-mail Accounts>View or change existing e-mail accounts>Next

Thank you for a good answer, but unfortunately it was to a question
different from the ond I had asked... It's my fault - I should have started
a new thread. However, now we're here...

Outlook sends replies using the same Email account that received the
incoming mail item.  Is it possible to have two incoming accounts, but to
force all replies to go via one outgoing account?  Is it possible to
achieve this while maintaining the outgoing SMTP server details on both
accounts?

This comes about because I have two ISP's.  I can use either, but whichever
one I'm using, I can use only *their* outgoing (SMTP) server (they reject
outbound traffic from outside their own network)

So, I'm using ISPA and get an email from the POP server on ISPB.  I reply,
and Outlook tries to send to ISPB's SMTP server.  I get a rejection
("Cannot relay") from ISPB's SMTP Server.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.ringers.org.uk       (Personal Webpage)
http://hedgehog.farn.uk.ibm.com (IBM Internal - restricted)

0
Swifty (59)
5/11/2004 2:18:59 AM
Swifty <Swifty@btconnect.com> wrote:

> Outlook sends replies using the same Email account that received the
> incoming mail item.  Is it possible to have two incoming accounts,
> but to force all replies to go via one outgoing account?  Is it
> possible to achieve this while maintaining the outgoing SMTP server
> details on both accounts?
>
> This comes about because I have two ISP's.  I can use either, but
> whichever one I'm using, I can use only *their* outgoing (SMTP)
> server (they reject outbound traffic from outside their own network)

However, if you authenticate to the outgoing server with the correct
credentials, they may not care what your outgoing address reads.

Try this: in the place I decsribed in my prior message, on ISP B's Outgoing
Server tab, put ISP B's username/password, but in the E-mail address box on
the account, put ISP A's address.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
5/11/2004 3:03:40 PM
> Try this: in the place I decsribed in my prior message, on ISP B's
> Outgoing Server tab, put ISP B's username/password, but in the E-mail
> address box on the account, put ISP A's address.

I'll try this, but I'm fairly sure that both of my ISP's authenticate their
SMTP server solely by the user's IP address being within their domain.  I
don't think they use outgoing server authentication. It's well worth a try
though, when I have my wits about me.

--
Steve Swift
http://www.ringers.org.uk       (Personal Webpage)
http://hedgehog.farn.uk.ibm.com (IBM Internal - restricted)

0
Swifty (59)

Transferring Address Book to Memory Stick
I would like to transfer my entire outlook address book to my 256mb Sony MicroVault. Don't know how to do this. Archie "Archie" <acp@qds-corp.com> wrote in message news:d85a01c3ef3b$c7b4ce10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to transfer my entire outlook address book to > my 256mb Sony MicroVault. > Don't know how to do this. > Archie File-Import and Export and either export as a CSV file or a pst file. Rifleman, Many Thanks >-----Original Message----- >"Archie" <acp@qds-corp.com> wrote in message >news:d85a01c3ef3b$c7b4ce10$...

multiple users using single email address
Hi, I am new to Exchange, so forgive the possible silly question, but I cannot find the answer to my requirement. What I want to do is have a single email address which is picked up by several people, but these people can also reply and send to received emails. I am unsure of the best way to configure exchange and then the Outlook 2003 client, to allow this to take place without having to resort to 'Sending on behalf of', which is OK but not perfect. Am using SBS 2003 with Exchange and Outlook 2003. Many thanks in advance for any help. Mark Mark, You can sent up a Distri...

running Outlook 2002 SP1 on WinXP with multiple users-trouble logging off
I am running Windows XP and Outlook 2002 SP1. I have 4 users on this machine and if any of the users tries to log off of the computer they get an error message that says Outlook is still running. I have to hit the "end now" button anywhere from 2 to 5 times before outlook stops and the person is able to log off. It takes about 10 seconds between each time I have to hit the "end now" button. Has anyone ever seen this behavior before? I have tried uninstalling outlook and reinstalling and this doesn't help Thanks, Ron ...

Moving between accounts
HI Folks, In outlook 03 I used to be able to click on file then either change email account or move between email accounts i.e I have 3 different accounts set up wtihin outlook and I can only see one - the default at present. I have had a look on the site etc and can't seem to find how to do this one easily with new outlook. can anyone please suggest how to do this? Thanks HEAPS. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com "Cath" <cathjamo[at]hotmail[dot]com> wrote in message news:eXXFM5CzKHA.2436@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > In outlook 03 I used to be able to...

Export address list data in an Excel worksheet for importing into.
I have a Volunteer address list in Excel that I'd like to Export to a format that I can then import into a new FileMaker Pro database. I know that the filed names will have to match. I cannot the menu under which I can export the Excel data. Most DB applications will import from a CSV format. Save the Excel file as File Type *.csv and try that. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:31:06 -0700, "ACR/HJG" <ACR/HJG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Volunteer address list in Excel that I'd like to Export to a format >that I can then import ...

National Accounts in Receivables Management
I recently just learned about the "National Account" option in Receivables Management. I thought it sounded like it would be something that would work very well for us as we have several customer id's that are paid on the same check from the Main corporate office. I preceded to set up my National Account - check the option to allow receipt entry for children of the national account and selected my children as well. I went to apply my first receipt and picked the National Account ID that I set up and it is not pulling in any of my "child" invoice info. Can so...

Public Folder access without e-mail address
Hello, We have a situation where we will be using a temp receptionist for a period of time and they need access to a Public Folder to add contacts but the IT manager does not want her to be able send/receive e-mail. Is there a way to setup a mailbox without an e-mail or disable the ability to send/receive mail but still allow Public Folder access?? Thanks you could configure a mailbox with restrictions so that she could not send or receive any email... "Eric M." <eric.moore@2arcanum.com> wrote in message news:3aaa01c4a575$fefe6ca0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > ...

How to print one header over several columns of data
I want to print one title over a span of columns - what is the command? Format>Cells>Aligment>Horizontal>Center across selection? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:19:00 -0700, column title print <column title print@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to print one title over a span of columns - what is the command? ...

When printing page to pdf, my Excel XY chart shrinks to one half s
Quick question for the MVPs, like Jon P. and others. I have an Excel page with six dense XY graphs. But, each of these graphs are actually a picture of an XY graph from another page within the same workbook--it is a summary sheet. The problem is that whenever I print that summary page to pdf, the pdf software cuts down the height of each graph to exactly 1/2 the size. I have used CUTEpdf Writer and Acrobat Pro, and both of them do this. Moreover, after printing, the summary page, the "picture" graphs in the Excel file also show the same reduction in size. Do any of you...

How do you match one column's numbers with the 2nd column?
How do you math one column's numbers with the 2nd column? Like if you had: 1 2 2 3 3 6 4 5 6 7 ... and you wanted it sorted like so 2 2 3 3 6 6 1 4 5 7 Any idea how to do that? Thanks, Lee:confused -- lnsykalsk ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lnsykalski's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3403 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53792 Assuming your data are in columns A and B insert a staging column before column B, with following formu...

Multiple instances
Does anyone know if there is a way to force a workbook to open in a new instance of Excel rather than an instance that is already open? if you have a workbook already open, open Excel again from the Start Menu and then open the spreadsheet from within Excel i.e. File - Open (don't find the file in explorer and double click otherwise it will open in the same Excel instance) Why would you want them to? If you were just looking to have more windows in the taskbar, ie one for each file open, just use Tools / Options / View Tab / Check 'Windows in Taskbar' -- Regards ...

multiple labels
How can I print labels when the data base indicates a number of labels. In other words, it I need 2 address labels for one person and then 6 address labels for the next person. In my data base I have a column that states the number of labels needed for each address. Does this make sense? Please advise. Thankyou Try the KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179288/en-us -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Penny T" <Penny T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5432D36B-FF63-41B6-A42...

Routing mail to different e-mail address or domains
We recently upgrade to Exchange 2003 and the question I have is that we have different e-mail domain thru the company. The default is 123.com which is used by my ISP to route our e-mails, and we have 456.com and also 789.net. I know on 5.5 that was place where you can tell the system reroute all SMTP to these domains where in 2003 can I configure to have the same process. Do you mean you need to receive inbound messages for these additional domains? If yes, you'll need to create Recipient Policies to generate addresses for these domains (@456.coma nd 789.net), and have the necessar...

Merging MSN Billpay & Money Accounts
Wow, once again MS has released a version not ready for prime-time. It looks as if (as in the past) I may have to be selective of the features I use and don't use. But, before bieng hasty in making my decision, I'd like to give getting things to work a shot. With $04, I was using the MSN Billpay feature from within Money, but not the "My Accounts" feature. I thought I'd give the "My Accounts" feature a shot so that I could download info from institutions that do not provide direct downloads into Money. Anyway, I had to disable the MSN Billpay feature...

How expose multiple MBN interfaces?
Our Windows 7 mobile broadband USB adapter may keep multiple broadband connections at any time, to multiple mobile broadband providers/networks. What is the best approach to expose multiple network connections to Windows 7 and any applications? One idea would be to dynamically create MBN Network Adapters. Is that possible? / Hannes. ...

Print multiple on one page
I have a small table that I need several "wallet size" copies of. Short of copying the table multiple times, how can I print several at a time on one sheet? tcebob If a one-off project you can make multiple copies as you suggest. If I were doing this with different tables over time I would use the facilities of Word's mailmerge to create custom sized labels.........6 to a page or similar. Assuming you are using Word for the mailmerge and Excel for the source see these sites for help. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...

Pivot table add one column
How can I add one column in pivot table? When I added a column of Average 100, pivot table created 3 more columns for the first 3 columns( and I don't like it) My data Book Label Price Average A Hard paper 200 100 B Soft 100 100 C Hard paper 200 100 F Plastic 50 100 K Soft 100 100 L Plastic 50 100 M Hard paper 200 100 K soft 100 100 R Soft 100 100 T Plastic 50 100 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My pivot ...

Money 2005
I have 3 checking accounts enabled for online banking at my bank. Suddenly for 2 of the accounts when I click on "make a one-time payment or transfer" it no longer shows the options "make an electronic payment" and "show online transactions". I have successfully paid bills from these accounts previously. The bank says all 3 are setup properly. Any ideas? Thanks, -- Mike ...

Address Contact field to be available in the Shipping Label Report
Please include the Address Contact field in the Shipping Label Report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1158d4e9-ea03-4f92-ac38-a9987b25dc94&dg=microsoft....

Exchange server reports no account at recipient when Outlook Express is able to deliver through regular POP3 connection
I run Exchange Server 2003 with Outlook AND Outlook Express configured to work with my various POP3 accounts. If i send email to address xyz@abc.com from the Outlook / Exchange setup I get xyz@abc.com on 01/13/05 6:44 AM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <abc.com #5.1.1> Cutting and pasting the email address from Outlook into Outlook Express and sending the message, it gets right through. Using another email address worked just fine in outlo...

export account settings
i have outlook 2002 i configured 2 mail accounts in it, one of them is belong to exchange server, and the outher one belong to hotmail service. anyway i forget my hotmail account password, i log every time automatic from outlook but my problem now that i need to format my PC, and i will not be able to access my hotmail account any more but if there is any way i can backup the outlook settings as it is with all account settings include the password that will be great, and i think there is a way to export these settings as there is a way to import it but how could i do it and is it from in...

Set "from" address for outgoing emails
Hello, I'm new to Exchange, so apologies if this question has been answered many times in the past. I've searched, but so far I have not found an answer. Essentially I want to change the address from which messages appear to originate. Currently we run a legacy email system (ISOCOR) which we are replacing with an Exchange 2003 implementation (currently in test). For various reasons this will be done on a phased basis and the two email system will continue to co-exist for a period of time. Currently, when an email is sent from the existing system it will be recieved by the addressee...

How do I insert several documents into one folder or file
I need to combine several word documents into a file or folder so that that folder can be sent as an attachment on e-mails On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:55:01 -0700, Elephant1 wrote: > I need to combine several word documents into a file or folder so that that > folder can be sent as an attachment on e-mails Word Documents? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever version of the Word program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows a...

Query for Multiple Lookups
I'm using Access as the reporting tool for a third-party-developed proprietary database (I can't change the structure of the database). The database has a "master" lookup table that includes every type of lookup value for the entire database (not separate lookup tables for State code, employment status, practitioner category, etc.) My query joins the code from the first field to the code field in the master lookup table and properly displays the description. When I attempt to join a subsequent field to another instance of the master lookup table (using same ...

Transferring all my email accounts to a new computer
Is there any way to transfer the details of email accounts from within Outlook XP to a new computer? I have 15 email accounts set up in there, all used for different and specific purposes. I can move all my data by copying the pst file across, but it doesn't contain the email account information. So is there any alternative to handballing them all in again? Thanks. Hi Jeff, maybe this site will help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Share your contacts, calendars or e-mails http://www.publicsharewar...