old PST Inbox says 32 new messages, none are visible, seems to be missing mail

Hey

well, i hope someone can help me.

back before i was smart enough to read news groups, i used outlook xp
and it was good.  I was able to download all my mail on to my pc from
the pop3 or webmail places i went to.

over the years, i reinstalled office and outlook on many different
machines.  eventually, i found an oppertunity to get office 2003, so i
did.

when it came time to move my old pst folders, i did it in the most
stupid way possible....i copied the file out of my old system and put
it directly in place of the new one that outlook had just created for
me.  i figured, it was the same name, shouldn't be a problem, right?

well, it worked, for whatever reason.  i seem to remember having to
run an upgrade on the PST file or something.

that system became unstable, and so i backed up my folders and
reinstalled windows and office yet again.

this time around, all my old mail from way back (office xp) was
visible, but all of my newer mail, from the time i went to office 2003
on, was plain missing!

nothing i did worked to fix it....but i kept the files just in case i
found the answer.

today, i read that i'm supposed to open the file, not import it, and
not replace the one that is created at outlook's first start up.

i opened the old folders, and everything appeared to be cool....except
in one of the folders, there is still 32 messages that are shown as
New/Unread, yet do not appear to actually be in that folder...there
are 32 messages visible, but all are old and read.

the other problem is that i still seem to be missing mail from
mid-2004 on.....i didn't use outlook much longer after these incidents
since i couldn't trust it to keep my mail, so i know that there
shouldn't be too much mail missing, but i didn't move to GMail till
the end of 2004, and even when i did, some of the mail was used in my
old Outlook.

does anyone have any ideas as to how to find this missing mail, if it
is in fact missing?  its no longer on any of the old servers, so the
PST files are the only way to recover them.

thanx!

Isinteg Warning Message Question

Wrong message with cascading deletes
A2003: Table Person linked 1 X M to table Activity. The relationship has its Referential Integrity checkbox and the Cascade Delete checkbox both checked. When I delete a person all related Activity records are deleted which is to be expected. According to http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=26115&seqNum=5 I should get the following message in this case: "Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records?" In stead I get: &quo...

Settings Button (administrator features) Missing in Web Brower Cli
The Settings option in the web Browser client is missing on one machine but not on others. I deleted the cookies and restarted the browser and the Setting Button appears. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to correct the problem without deleting all cookies? Mark Nabors Hi Mark, I have noticed this too. It is very frustrating. I have read a post that says that this is a conflict between the web client and the outlook client. I think that the outlook client creates the cookie so that settings does not appear in the web client and not the outlook client. Supposedly this woul...

Control Button to Create a New Record in Another Form
I've developed a MS Access application for Trade Shows. One of my tables contains all basic client info. This table is used as the data source for both a complete client form and a partial data form. Both forms can show all clients (individually). Using the partial data form I want to create a button that copies the current record and creates a new record in a form titled Trade Show Attendees. Other data in the Trade Show Attendees must be entered to complete that attendee's record. Some of the data entered will populate the TradeShow Attendees table. Can anyone describe t...

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Messages Cut off
A recipient receives forwarded mail messages that are cut off in random locations throughout the email. Outlook 2000 with latest SP. Any ideas? ...

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Interface not registered message

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail