Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)

I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both
mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server
email account.

When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable
is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if
i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty.
Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I
cannot get the second machine to display old emails.

If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay
in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on
the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in
the first machines inbox.

Any thoughts??

0
anonymous (74722)

What do you have in tools | services? You should have only the Outlook
Address Book and Exchange Server services in there - no PST files or
Internet Mail....also, less likely, check your view settings on the inbox.

> I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both
> mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server
> email account.
>
> When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable
> is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if
> i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty.
> Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I
> cannot get the second machine to display old emails.
>
> If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay
> in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on
> the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in
> the first machines inbox.
>
> Any thoughts??

0
lanwench (7567)

adding disclaimer to outbound email
We are using outlook 2003/exchange2003/w2003 server and need to add a disclaimer to all outbound emails. we tried the suggestion in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;317327 to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! Trez Blencowe http://www.exclaimer.com/US/Home.htm -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Microsoft Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "trez@trezonline.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:055701c4abf6$e7038a90$a301280a@phx.gbl... > We are using outlook 2003/exchange2003/w2003 server a...

How to process a PO.xml file become WorkOrder can be used at POS?
I have a PurchaseOrder.xml file that have been created from SOManager, now how I can import/convert this file become a WorkOrder which can be re-called by POS and then sale items normally? I tried to use CreateWorkOrder event within QSBridge but it's not work. I think because this event will convert the current transaction into a work order transation, so first step should I make PurchaseOrder.xml into a transactin, and then call this event? If so, how do I do for each step? Many thanks. Phuong Nguyen Hi, Are you interested in cutsom solution for your requirements. Please drop a e...

Assigning Muliple Email addresses to the same user
Hi I am still new to exchange and would appreciate any help. We currently have a single domain set up and a single exchange 2003 server. Our client has many public faces and some users have 2-3 email addresses each from a different domain. Example: Johns@company1.com.au Johns@Company2.com.au Currently these mail domains are hosted externally and We would like to incorporate them in our exchange invornment. Is it possible to assign a user multiple address from different domains. If how should I go about it. Thanks you for your consideration. Tom Hosting Multiple domains look at ...

cannot send email 06-28-10
just installed windows live and get following error message when trying to send an email: The connection to the server has failed. Subject '1985 Class C Motor Home - $4500 (Loveland)', Account: 'gmail.com', Server: 'gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Windows Live Mail Newsgroup. In your newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.des...

Opening up a Word doc; Retrieving Outlook Email Messages
I want to open up a microsoft word document, however when I choose "file" "open" it only opens up a grey word doc without the text showing up in the doc, even though I have plenty of disc space, and tried "system restore", also tried a "full-system scan" and no viruses were found. A message dialogue box use to pop up when I tried to open the doc which said: "Check the file permissions for the document drive" - how do I do that? It also said: "Make sure there is sufficient free memory" How? and lastly it said: "Open the ...

Accidental multiple cell pick selection
While working on Excel the mouse suddenly starts to select 4 cells in a column. I can't get it to only select a single cell. I've spent a lot of time searching Help and this knowledge base for a solution? Probably something really simple but I need help! Were you holding down a key for a long period of time and got an error message stating that? If so, try holding that key down again until it gets undone. -- NBVC Where there is a will there are many ways. 'The Code Cage' (http;//www.thecodecage.com) ----------------------------------------------------------------...

POP3 using Exchange 2003
I am trying to allow a user to access his Exchange 2003 mailbox off-site using POP3 via Outlook 2003. After clicking “Test Account Settings”, all the items pass except “Log onto the incoming mail server”. The machine Administrator account, however, completes all items successfully. Even users created using the Administrator template are not able to log on; only the built-in Administrator account. All users have POP3 enabled on the “Exchange Features” tab. How can I allow my other users to access POP3? Thanks! ...

file download problem from paf file in email, plus missing system.ini
hi, if alan edwards is out there anyplace please contact me for help. this is jennifer. shortly after you helped me last, my computer crashed completely. in leaving my email address posted under the discussion board, i got swen from letting my daughter use the computer while away. i had to carry it to the man who made the system(i am disabled), and he had to reload it all, and lost most everything, including your address. i am trying to either re-download a paf file which is a big geneology file, or open the copy on here under my documents. somehow, it still shows under my documents, but...

Display MMC Error Message
While using Diskeeper, I got the error message: "MMC has detected an error in a snap-in. It is recommended that you shut down and restart MMC." It gave me 3 options and I chose Continue running and always ignore errors with this snap-in, regardless of user or session. However, I would like to be able to see this message again because I plan to do more troubleshooting and I want to see if it works. How do I reverse my action--is there a place in the MMC I would go or is there a registry key I need to edit? I'm running Windows XP SP3. -- DaffyD� ( : []= If I k...

Email report that is filtered to one record
I have a database that has three different forms. To navigate from one form to the other and keep the same record, I have an [Event Procedure] set up. Additionally, to print the report for the one recored, I have another [Event Procedure] that filters the report to the record that is displayed. The procedure is as follows: Private Sub printallpages_Click() If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If If Me.NewRecord Then 'Check there is a record to print MsgBox "Select a record to print" Else str...

Search from multiple tables
I want to search for records matching 2 fields in 10 tables. The 2 fields are the same in each table, which are Accepted (Yes, No) and Project Name. How would I create a report that will show data from all tables where the Project name is selected and Accepted = either yes or no(whatever is picked by user)? The easiest way would be if your data were properly normalized. If you have 10 tables with the same structure, you are doing something terribly wrong, and should read up on data normalization and relational databases. Having said that, you are probably stuck with what you have, s...

Archive Old Files to USB Drive
I have Outlook 2003. My hard drive is getting full. I already manually pull (drag and drop) emails older than a month off the server and on to an Archive file on my hard drive. I would like to archive old emails from 2008 and 2009 (now on my hard drive) to a file on a USB drive. I can free up space on my hard drive but access the older years as needed off the USB. How do I create that file on the USB that I can just drag files off my hard drive Archive to the USB file? -- bob "bob" <bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B787D799-F5D7-4750...

Using 'Option Buttons'
I'm trying to make a table that has 4 rows of 3 option buttons within it. The tricky part is that I want each row of option buttons to act independently of the other rows. I can't seem to be able to find a way to do this, because no matter what cell I link any of the buttons to they all just follow suit, so i end up with 12 buttons linked to one cell every time. I'm using MS Excel 2003 if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide. If you're using option buttons from the Forms toolbar put a group box around the ones your want to op...

Page numbering
I have a workbook that has three tabs. I update the workbook throughout the month, adding the previous day's data, analysis, and comments to what is already there. I print the entire workbook each day and distribute hard copies throughout the organization. I need to have all of the pages distributed daily sequentially numbered. The first day, each tab will generate one page, so the page numbers will be 1, 2, and 3. But each tab grows dynamically throughout the month so that in the middle of the month, tab one may generate the first five pages, the second tab may generate the ne...

Using GIF image as macro button
I have a animated GIF that I want to place on the spreadsheet as m macro button, is thios possible. Currently I can get the image on the spreadsheet with a macro attache but the image is a picture and so not animated. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Query set-up not using cross-tab
Hi, I keep running into this same problem when I’m building my query and I’ve tried several different approaches. It could be that it is beyond my knowledge but I don’t know what direction to take to find the solution. What is the "cleanest" way to build the following query. I have a table (I simplified the example): Empl Type THours Joe Billable 60 Joe Indirect 100 Mary Billable 160 And I want my query to look like this: Empl Billable Indirect THours Billable% Indirect% T% Joe 62 100 162 39% 63% 101% Mary 160 0 160 100% 0% 100% I tried a cross-tab query b...

How to Use Powershell to Exec an "ALTER PROC" Script on Every DB
Hi, I'm a PS newbie. How do i use it to update an SP on every DB? I've got 100 DBs on my instance and I need to make a small tweak to an SP on all the DBs. Thanks On 4/13/2010 7:17 AM, nzrdb6 wrote: > Hi, I'm a PS newbie. How do i use it to update an SP on every DB? I've > got 100 DBs on my instance and I need to make a small tweak to an SP > on all the DBs. > > Thanks Install SQLPSX (http://sqlpsx.codeplex.com/). Then from a PS cmd use something like: PS > $instance = Get-sqlserver "server\instance" PS > $instance.databases | ...

How do I stop receiving multiple duplicate incoming mail?
I frequently receive double of the same messages in my incoming mail. I feel that I am doing something wrong when opening Outlook that may be causing this problem. Any help will be appreciated. Do you have rules running on your in-box? How about an integrated AV or Firewall? If AV or Firewall, disable the integration with Outlook. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Bill asked: | I frequently rece...

2003 PF email enable
Hi I have a SBS2003 with exchange running in Native mode and exchange SP2, if i create a public folder in outlook 2003 and then go to the server in esm and right click the new public folder i do not get the task option to "email enable". Has this been turned off by a previous manager or is it turned off by SP2 any asistance would be great When you right-click, are you looking under All Tasks first? The mail-enable option is under that option. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Paul" <Paul@discussi...

Duplicate messages
Hi, I've followed a few of the posts relating to duplicate messages being downloaded in Outlook XP. I have a similar problem, but am not sure it is the same: I have 4 different email accounts with on 4 different POP3 servers. These accounts are also web accessible (so I can check them at work etc). I use a cable broadband connection and all 4 accounts use my ISPs outgoing mail server to send. So that messages are accessible however I access the accounts, Outlook is set not to delete them from the server. I am receiving multiple copies of some, but crucially not all, of my messages. ...

Print multiple pics on 1 page
I used to know how to print multiple pictures on 1 page using something in XP but cannot remember how. Can anyone help please Thanks Teriel9 On 2/26/2010 7:50 AM On a whim, Teriel9 pounded out on the keyboard > I used to know how to print multiple pictures on 1 page using something in > XP but cannot remember how. > Can anyone help please > Thanks > Teriel9 > > Hi Terie, If you select the photos in Explorer (use Ctrl left-click for non-contiguous files), in the left pane you will see the option to "Print the selected pictures". That...

Deleting 1 account when multiple at institution
This is related to Money 2005. (FWIW, I'm sorry I upgraded. Several years ago Money was a great product. Over the past couple of annual upgrades more things are broken than work correctly. I'm a MS advocate, but they should be ashamed of this product.) At any rate... In times past I had 3 accounts with Citibank. 1 of them was closed several years ago. On Citibank's web interface this old account still shows up. When I had Money 2005 connect to Citibank for online banking, it downloaded information on 3 accounts--1 of which no longer exists. I tried to delete this ac...

Using Outlook with Windows XP
My mom has recently upgraded from Win 98 to XP and is having trouble with sending e-mail through Outlook Express. In order to get it to send, she has to close it and then open it again. She is also having trouble with mail being returned which may or may not be related. I understand that Win XP has some different security features and was wondering if someone could tell me how to change the settings/configuration so she will not have this problem sending mail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. There should be no problem using Outlook Express, or Outlook (another more expanded pr...

happy face symbol in emails
How do I make, or what symbol do I type, to get a happy face for emails, rather than doing it this way? :-) Try typing :) -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "newfinserv" wrote: > How do I make, or what symbol do I type, to get a happy face for emails, > rather than doing it this way? :-) newfinserv wrote: > How do I make, or what symbol do I type, to get a happy face for emails, > rather than doing it ...

using the "save as" command for a jpg
I often get pictures I want to save to my "A" drive floppy. I usually get JPG pictures and when I right click on the picture and choose save as and pick out the A drive it will only let me save as a BMP format, which I don't want.... Help. How do I fix this so it will let me save as a JPG? John <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I often get pictures I want to save to my "A" drive > floppy. I usually get JPG pictures and when I right click > on the picture and choose save as and pick out the A drive > it will only let me save as a BMP...