OL2K assistance changing level 1 attachments

I am running Office 2000 Standard (no Access). Consequently, Outlook
considers .mdb attacments to be a level 1 attachment and blocks them.
The following article was helpful if I wanted to add additional extensions
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837388/EN-US/) but I'm trying to do the
opposite and allow .mdb files in. Might someone be able to tell me the place
in the registry to do so?

Many thanks.

Use the Level1Remove registry value. See =
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Nelson" <runriverrun@msn.com> wrote in message =
>I am running Office 2000 Standard (no Access). Consequently, Outlook=20
> considers .mdb attacments to be a level 1 attachment and blocks them.
> The following article was helpful if I wanted to add additional =
extensions=20
> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837388/EN-US/) but I'm trying to do =
the=20
> opposite and allow .mdb files in. Might someone be able to tell me the =
place=20
> in the registry to do so?
>=20
> Many thanks.=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C68888.EC691FC0

Ms. Mosher,
Many sincere thanks. That is exactly the information I was looking for. =
You're certainly my MVP today.

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message =
Use the Level1Remove registry value. See =
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Nelson" <runriverrun@msn.com> wrote in message =
>I am running Office 2000 Standard (no Access). Consequently, Outlook=20
> considers .mdb attacments to be a level 1 attachment and blocks them.
> The following article was helpful if I wanted to add additional =
extensions=20
> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837388/EN-US/) but I'm trying to do =
the=20
> opposite and allow .mdb files in. Might someone be able to tell me the =
place=20
> in the registry to do so?
>=20
> Many thanks.=20
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C68888.EC691FC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Ms. Mosher,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Many sincere thanks. That is <U>exactly</U> the =
information I=20
was looking for. You're certainly my MVP&nbsp;today.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:suemvp@outlookcode.com"><FONT=20
size=3D2>suemvp@outlookcode.com</FONT></A><FONT size=3D2>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
</FONT><A href=3D"news:uJ5m9iLiGHA.3780@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl"><FONT=20
size=3D2>news:uJ5m9iLiGHA.3780@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl</FONT></A><FONT=20
size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT size=3D2>Use the Level1Remove registry =
value. See=20
</FONT><A =
href=3D"http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm"><FONT=20
size=3D2>http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm</FONT></A><FO=
NT=20
size=3D2> <BR><BR>-- <BR>Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; Author =
of=20
Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT><A =

href=3D"http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm"><FONT=20
size=3D2>http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm</FONT></A><BR><FON=
T=20
size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Administrators, Power Users, and=20
Developers<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT><A=20
href=3D"http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx"><FONT=20
size=3D2>http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx</FONT></A><BR><FONT=20
size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>"Nelson" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:runriverrun@msn.com"><FONT=20
size=3D2>runriverrun@msn.com</FONT></A><FONT size=3D2>&gt; wrote in =
message=20
</FONT><A =
href=3D"news:UmYgg.132517$F_3.77113@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net"><FONT=20
size=3D2>news:UmYgg.132517$F_3.77113@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net</FONT></A=
><FONT=20
size=3D2>...<BR>&gt;I am running Office 2000 Standard (no Access). =
Consequently,=20
Outlook <BR>&gt; considers .mdb attacments to be a level 1 attachment =
and blocks=20
them.<BR>&gt; The following article was helpful if I wanted to add =
additional=20
extensions <BR>&gt; (</FONT><A=20
href=3D"http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837388/EN-US/"><FONT=20
size=3D2>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837388/EN-US/</FONT></A><FONT =
size=3D2>)=20
but I'm trying to do the <BR>&gt; opposite and allow .mdb files in. =
Might=20
someone be able to tell me the place <BR>&gt; in the registry to do =
so?<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; Many thanks. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C68888.EC691FC0--

failure of Open XML 1.1.4 to work
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Previous versions of this worked fine. This version comes up with comment &quot;not enough memory&quot;. As I have 2mg Ram this seems strange. Any help appreciated. I'm afraid you haven't provided sufficient information for anyone to go on, especially since that message quite often has nothing to do with memory. For any questions of a technical or performance nature it's important that you specify your current update level of OS X as well as for Office. Exactly when does this messag...

Money Changes Transaction Dates
Hi all, How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have already entered into the register? This happens when I accept/match downloaded transactions from my bank. Thanks! Well, I think I just answered my own question. I found a check box to untick under online options to fix this, but I will post back if necessary. "rustyfender04" <rustyfender1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eY3zaLITHHA.2124@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > How can I stop Money2004 from changing my transaction dates that I have > already entered into t...

How do I stop tracked changes reappearing onscreen?
Every time that I save and close my document the reviewing changes reappear after I have already removed them? What can I do to prevent this from happening whenever I reopen the document? *Hiding* track changes isn't the same as removing them (by default, hidden markup will resurface when you open a document that contains markup). To actually get rid of the changes, you will have to accept them (or reject them) and then turn off Track Changes. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Ivor Torrance" <Ivor Torrance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Change default fonts in Word 2007
I would like to change the default font, size, style etc that Word 2007 uses when I open a new document. Is this possible? If so could anybody tell me how? Thanks Yes, you can create your own theme / template. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA102045501033.aspx See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HA100307561033.aspx Yves "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C456E186-952E-4796-98DC-A70D8FF83D8D@microsoft.com... >I would like to change the default font, size, style etc that Word 2007 >uses > when I op...

recording changes
I have a field called "TimeStamp" What I would like is that if someone modifiys or make any change in the form that the "TimeStamp" will record the time and date of change. How can this be achieved? sandrao In an event procedure in the form's AfterUpdate event, you could do something like: Me!txtYourTimeStampField = Now() Note that if you use the BeforeUpdate event, every time your code changes the value of this field, the form tries to update, the BeforeUpdate (re-)triggers, and you "loop up" (at least, it seems to me I've seen this...)...

Changing Paper Size
We print a monthly newsletter which includes a pullout insert. This month we want to turn this pullout into a foldable brochure. Before I send it off to the printer (who prints our newsletter to 11X17 glossy paper), I want to make sure the pullout, when folded, displays the information correctly (not upside down or out of sequence). We print to a photocopier that users 11X17 size paper. I cannot figure out a way to print two successive pages (8.5 X 11 each) to one sheet of 11X17 paper (ie., pages 2 and 4 to one sheet of paper). I tried doing this by changing the printer options to 11X17 b...

Changing source links in powerpoint
I currently have a powerpoint with source links to other powerpoint slides. These source links are currently internet address based links. I'm trying to change these current internet addresses to new internet addresses and each time I try I receive the error message: "You cannot use an internet address here. Enter a path that points to a location on your computer or on the network". I've been able to change the source links in the past and only began to encounter this problem around mid December. Does anyone know how to correct this or explain why I can no ...

Changing WinRM service/server port
Anyone know how to change the server/service port? I've created a listener, but I think I need to change the WinRM client and server to use the new port... PS C:\> Set-WSManInstance -ResourceURI winrm/config/service/DefaultPorts -Value @{HTTP="6000"} Set-WSManInstance : The WinRM client cannot process the request because it is trying to update a read-only setting. Rem ove this setting from the command and try again. At line:1 char:18 + Set-WSManInstance <<<< -ResourceURI winrm/config/service/DefaultPorts -Value @{HTTP="6000"} + Category...

Printing
Hope you folks can help me out with a strange one. I have several worksheets formatted in exactly the same way as follows: Col A - width 4 Col B - hidden Col C - width 4 Col D - Width 108 Col E - Width 3 Col F - Width 11 Col G - Hidden Col H - Width 11 & Empty My print range should be Cols A:G (I have used page setup to set the scaling to fit 1 page wide by [blank] pages tall, thus each sheet will print as many pages as required depending on number of rows] When I have the print range set to A:G only columns A:E show on the print preview (and also on the actual print out) and when I m...

Changing Costs in Detailed Sales Report
I just opened a new location and I have specified my costs in HQ Mgr under Supplier Tab in Item properties. And I also checked the Supplier tab in Item properties in the Store Ops Mgr, my cost is there. But when I ran a Detailed Sales report for yesterday, some of my items' costs are missing and listed as $0.00. So I open HQ Mgr and issued Worksheet 302 for the new location. I did a couple of test transactions today and ran a Detailed Sales report for today, and it shows the costs of the the test trasactions. But detailed sales report for yesterday still shows $0.00 costs. How do...

Outlook 2003 offline caching changes
There has been a change in the default behavior of Outlook from version 2000 to 2003 with regard to how the offline cache responds when you have previously synchronized the cache, and then reconnect online (in our situation, it's particularly relevant when connecting over a phone line rather than over a broadband or network connection). We're wondering if there's a way to turn back the clock.. In Outlook 2000, you would connect to the online mailbox, and would view all the headers of all the messages in your Inbox, Deleted Items, etc. (you still had to wait for the head...

Outlook 2000 Change Startup Page
Have a problem with Outlook 2000, think it happened when I ran repair. Now everytime I open Outlook the "Outlook Today" page opens, then have to select the inbox folde to view my mail. Used to always open on the Inbox Folder. What have I done, is there a way to restore this. You’ve landed in a Macintosh group, sorry. Try asking your question on the general Office newsgroups. Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx DooBee wrote: > Have a problem with Outlook 2000, think it happened when I ran repair. Now > everytime I open Outlook the...

How do I fix this so I can view my attachments?
I can't view my attachment. I found the following topic in help but it doesn't give me way to fix this so I can view my attachments? I anivirus protection I don't need this feature from outlook. Please advise I see a paperclip next to a message, but when I open it, the attachment is gone. You may have received a message that contains a level 1 e- mail security attachment file type. To prevent the inadvertent spread of viruses, Microsoft Outlook checks the file type of each attachment in a received message against the file types on the e-mail security attachment file type...

Minimum Exchange 2003 for CRM 1.2?
Hello We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, smtp) in place. I wish to learn what is the minimum Exchange setup that I need to do to deploy the test environment Is there a way to to configure the Exchange server such that it still uses the parent email system and still be used with the CRM thank you very much for your help vikrantca Hello, vikrantca wrote: > We are trying to setup a test deployment of CRM 1.2 for 5 users. > We (parent organisation) already has a email system (UNIX , pop, > smt...

change exist chart to be dynamic
Hi all How can I change an existing chart to be dynamic? In series I saw a name in y axis only but no name of x axis. How can I create a series for x axis? Thanks in advance Daniel You need to understand how dynamic charts work. There are tutorials and links to more on this page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF77A61A-58A9-4629-90E1-20742E6...

Change Backcolor for the selected line
I would like to be able to highlight or change the color of a single line on a subform formated as a continuous form. The user selects one line from many possible lines on a continuous form to respond to. When he selects the line another pop-up form is display which the user must complete. I would like to maintain some kind of highlight (backcolor?) so that the user can clearly see which line he is reponding to. Setting the backcolor after selecting a line sets the back color for the entire form, which really defeats the purpose. Any help? -- Message posted via AccessMons...

Copy and Paste not saving format changes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, I just bought Microsoft Office for Mac early this month and am still getting used to it. Can someone help me with this: I have several documents typed onto a notebook layout with lots of bullet points, color changes, cross outs and the like. I wanted to copy and past all of that into a new document but when I did ALL of the formatting changes were lost. There were no bullet points, so the text flushed left, yada, yada, yada. I looked around the toolbar to try and find a setting that would allow me to do the cut an...

PUZZLED
Dear All, I was never any good with maths and this just puzzles me! I have date starting from 100 down column B with the date in column A. The last number is 117.50. I make this an increase of 17.5%....however each day it may have moved down 1% or up 2%. When I summate all the daily percentage changes I was expecting to see 17.5% however I can see around 20%. The formulas are all correct but I really need to know how to work out the daily percentage change AND the cumulative percentage change from 100. I hope someone can assist me. S rounding? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sal...

How do you change a field name in 2002 Excel
I have copied and pasted a whole database from Works into the Excel program but can't seem to find a way to change the field names from A, B, C, to what I want as Last Names, First Names, etc. Aarrrrgh. It can't be THAT difficult! <G> Using the HELP did nothing for me thus I am here asking this silly Q. AnnE in MN You cannot change the Column letters from A, B, C etc. You can choose to have column and row headers not shown under Tools>Options>View Enter your titles(names) in row 1 then select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes to lock row 1 in view. Gord Di...

New Windows Tempalte LIbrary (WTL) 7.1 released
This version provides full support for Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Windows XP and CE. Download links: http://wtl.50megs.com/wtl.htm > This version provides full support for Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Windows > XP and CE. > > Download links: > http://wtl.50megs.com/wtl.htm Wow - intersting way to promote your politicala agenda. Back on topic.. has anyone ever written documentation for WTL? One of the beefs I had about it when tring to use it 3 years ago was the utter lack of documentation. -- Jim Johnson ...

How to change the color of CComboBoxEx
I have derived my class from CComboBoxEx and I change the colors (SetBkColor and SetTextColor) in OnCtlColor() in response to CTLCOLOR_EDIT and CTLCOLOR_LISTBOX; I also return my brush; As a result the colors of the edit part of the combo do change but in the listbox only the space around the text is painted. The text itself and its backgound remain as the Windows defaults. "David A. Mair" <mairda@hotrmail.com> wrote in message news:<ObKF5Q#bDHA.2632@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>... > I have it working OK, here's my CColorComboBox::OnCtlColor(): > > HBRUSH CColorCo...

Attach Trigger to Save Function of Form
I am in the processes of trying to attach a trigger to the Save function of an already existing GP form using Dex. In one of the documents, it states that the CM_Checkbook_Maitenance has a SaveRecord function. I am trying to acces the function that is similar to this on the PM_Vendor_Maitenance form. I tried using SaveRecord and when I tried to compile it it says that it is an unknown reference. Is there some documentation with a list of the functions for each form? Mike, PM_Vendor_Maintenance is an older form and probably doesn't have a SaveRecord function. Try running t...

Invest $3.70 & Earn $ 1 million By E-gold
Invest $3.70 and earn $1,000,000.00 By e-gold! Free sign-up. Guaranteed earnings! http://www.ptsu.biz/index.php?ref=petertian ...

Out of Office Assistant replies multiple times
The situation: The user of a fully patched Outlook 2003 SP1 sets an Out of Office reply using the Out Of Office Assistant.. The result: The first time someone sends a message while the OOA reply is turned on, they get the full text of the OOA reply as it is configured. The second and subsequent emails from that same sender gets a truncated version of the OOA message. In my testing, my second message (which isn't supposed to be replied to), got me 2 truncated replies. Examples from my testing: 1st reply: "I am out of the office and will return on Monday, February 28, 2005. At th...

Outlook blocks access to potentially unsafe attachements
Outlok 2003 has blocked many of my work emails with legitimate attachments. just yesterday, it block an Access database file that I was expecting to recieve. I've always thought, great way to keep desktop safe. But this time, I needed that document right away. So my opinion has changed. Question is: Where is the menu to change the security feature so it doesn't block attachments? The only security menu I found was for restricting websites. Thx in advance Tools, Options, Security, Change Auto d/l settings, UNcheck Don't download.....but leave Warn me etc...checked "T...