Hi,

We have 2 computers with separate email accounts on Roadrunner.  One machine
has XP with Outlook 2002-sp3 and works without any problems.  The other has
Outlook 2007 on Vista and has problems sending files over a meg or so in
size.   It seems to actually send the file but the file remains in the
outbox folder and does not move it to the sent folder.  I say it "seems" to
send the file because some people complain of getting muliple copies and
others don't seem to get them at all.  If I hit send again (not set up for
auto send) it seems to send the file again (why some people complain of
getting the same files multiple times).  This worked perfectly for a long
time and I did not change any options (it is configured to move sent emails
to the sent folder).  This computer has auto updates from MS so it is
possible some update changed things.  Any suggestions?

Disable your AV integration with Outlook. =20

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, RosaleeH asked:

| Hi,
|=20
| We have 2 computers with separate email accounts on Roadrunner.  One
| machine has XP with Outlook 2002-sp3 and works without any problems.=20
| The other has Outlook 2007 on Vista and has problems sending files
| over a meg or so in size.   It seems to actually send the file but
| the file remains in the outbox folder and does not move it to the
| sent folder.  I say it "seems" to send the file because some people
| complain of getting muliple copies and others don't seem to get them
| at all.  If I hit send again (not set up for auto send) it seems to
| send the file again (why some people complain of getting the same
| files multiple times).  This worked perfectly for a long time and I
| did not change any options (it is configured to move sent emails to
| the sent folder).  This computer has auto updates from MS so it is
| possible some update changed things.  Any suggestions?
0
Milly
1/21/2008 12:12:13 AM
Thanks, for the advice - I only have Webroot Spy Sweeper integrated with
Outlook.  I disabled the option to monitor attachments.  I did try an email
with a large attachment (7mb) and it did seem to work.  Will have to monitor
it for the next few days to be sure.  How much risk does this present me for
turning this off?  Have you heard if this is a know bug with Spy Sweeper?
Thanks.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <What@ever> wrote in message
Disable your AV integration with Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, RosaleeH asked:

| Hi,
|
| We have 2 computers with separate email accounts on Roadrunner.  One
| machine has XP with Outlook 2002-sp3 and works without any problems.
| The other has Outlook 2007 on Vista and has problems sending files
| over a meg or so in size.   It seems to actually send the file but
| the file remains in the outbox folder and does not move it to the
| sent folder.  I say it "seems" to send the file because some people
| complain of getting muliple copies and others don't seem to get them
| at all.  If I hit send again (not set up for auto send) it seems to
| send the file again (why some people complain of getting the same
| files multiple times).  This worked perfectly for a long time and I
| did not change any options (it is configured to move sent emails to
| the sent folder).  This computer has auto updates from MS so it is
| possible some update changed things.  Any suggestions?

Lots of applications that integrate with Outlook to "protect" you from =
email baddies are nothing more than a scare tactic that prods the =
unsuspecting buyer into paying more money for something that their =
normal antivirus provides out of the box.=20

Scanning incoming email is silly since any email you open will be =
automatically scanned by your real-time virus scanner.  If you think =
scanning outgoing mail is a neat idea, you are overlooking the fact that =
to send virus email, you must already be infected, which means your =
real-time scanner is not working.  In that case, scanning outgoing email =
is the least of your problems.

Besides, all of those programs basically change the way that Outlook =
connects to the server and introduces mail that won't send or mail that =
is sent or downloaded multiple times. =20

Friends don't let friends use Outlook virus scanners.

--=81
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading. =20

After furious head scratching, RosaleeH asked:

| Thanks, for the advice - I only have Webroot Spy Sweeper integrated
| with Outlook.  I disabled the option to monitor attachments.  I did
| try an email with a large attachment (7mb) and it did seem to work.=20
| Will have to monitor it for the next few days to be sure.  How much
| risk does this present me for turning this off?  Have you heard if
| this is a know bug with Spy Sweeper? Thanks.
|=20
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <What@ever> wrote in message
| Disable your AV integration with Outlook.
|=20
| --=81
| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|=20
| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
| reading.
|=20
| After furious head scratching, RosaleeH asked:
|=20
|| Hi,
||=20
|| We have 2 computers with separate email accounts on Roadrunner.  One
|| machine has XP with Outlook 2002-sp3 and works without any problems.
|| The other has Outlook 2007 on Vista and has problems sending files
|| over a meg or so in size.   It seems to actually send the file but
|| the file remains in the outbox folder and does not move it to the
|| sent folder.  I say it "seems" to send the file because some people
|| complain of getting muliple copies and others don't seem to get them
|| at all.  If I hit send again (not set up for auto send) it seems to
|| send the file again (why some people complain of getting the same
|| files multiple times).  This worked perfectly for a long time and I
|| did not change any options (it is configured to move sent emails to
|| the sent folder).  This computer has auto updates from MS so it is
|| possible some update changed things.  Any suggestions?
0
Milly
1/21/2008 3:38:21 AM
Can you trust yourself to send appropriate attachments? If so, why do you
need to scan outgoing email?

While you can make a better case for scanning inbound mail (I think user
training and a good AV is better option), there is little benefit in
scanning outbound messages for any reason.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"RosaleeH" <daveharney@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, for the advice - I only have Webroot Spy Sweeper integrated with
> Outlook.  I disabled the option to monitor attachments.  I did try an
> email with a large attachment (7mb) and it did seem to work.  Will have to
> monitor it for the next few days to be sure.  How much risk does this
> present me for turning this off?  Have you heard if this is a know bug
> with Spy Sweeper? Thanks.
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <What@ever> wrote in message
> Disable your AV integration with Outlook.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, RosaleeH asked:
>
> | Hi,
> |
> | We have 2 computers with separate email accounts on Roadrunner.  One
> | machine has XP with Outlook 2002-sp3 and works without any problems.
> | The other has Outlook 2007 on Vista and has problems sending files
> | over a meg or so in size.   It seems to actually send the file but
> | the file remains in the outbox folder and does not move it to the
> | sent folder.  I say it "seems" to send the file because some people
> | complain of getting muliple copies and others don't seem to get them
> | at all.  If I hit send again (not set up for auto send) it seems to
> | send the file again (why some people complain of getting the same
> | files multiple times).  This worked perfectly for a long time and I
> | did not change any options (it is configured to move sent emails to
> | the sent folder).  This computer has auto updates from MS so it is
> | possible some update changed things.  Any suggestions?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/21/2008 7:33:21 PM
Rest assured, your ISP may be the one that is balking. Most have a 5MB
limit.
"RosaleeH" <daveharney@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, for the advice - I only have Webroot Spy Sweeper integrated with
> Outlook.  I disabled the option to monitor attachments.  I did try an
> email with a large attachment (7mb) and it did seem to work.  Will have to
> monitor it for the next few days to be sure.  How much risk does this
> present me for turning this off?  Have you heard if this is a know bug
> with Spy Sweeper? Thanks.
>
> "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <What@ever> wrote in message
> Disable your AV integration with Outlook.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, RosaleeH asked:
>
> | Hi,
> |
> | We have 2 computers with separate email accounts on Roadrunner.  One
> | machine has XP with Outlook 2002-sp3 and works without any problems.
> | The other has Outlook 2007 on Vista and has problems sending files
> | over a meg or so in size.   It seems to actually send the file but
> | the file remains in the outbox folder and does not move it to the
> | sent folder.  I say it "seems" to send the file because some people
> | complain of getting muliple copies and others don't seem to get them
> | at all.  If I hit send again (not set up for auto send) it seems to
> | send the file again (why some people complain of getting the same
> | files multiple times).  This worked perfectly for a long time and I
> | did not change any options (it is configured to move sent emails to
> | the sent folder).  This computer has auto updates from MS so it is
> | possible some update changed things.  Any suggestions?

0
Anthemwebs (309)

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

if cell is text move left one column

Outlook receiving zip files

unable to read file #7

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Publisher can not save file

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Moving Exchange #5

OL2007 and SaveAllMIMENotJustHeaders
Hi, In OL 2003 I used a registry setting [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\Mail] "SaveAllMIMENotJustHeaders"=dword:00000001 This allowed me to see the complete email text rather than just the headers, by right clicking on a mail in the mail list and selecting Options from the dropdown menu. The full text would then show in the "Internet Headers" section of the "Message Options" dialog. I have tried to add this registry hack with OL 2007 and it appears to have no effect? erm yes I did change /11.0/ to /12.0/ and yes I did bou...

BCC view of already sent message(s)
Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or see whom I did send the message in my "message sent folder? Select the message in your Sent Items folder. Press Ctrl+F3. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar" = <FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C8E184C0-8EDA-4608-A2C6-ED244211A40B@microsoft.com... > Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or = see whom=20 > I did sen...

Continuing problmes with chkdsk and PST file
My PST file is apparently corrupted, with "Data error, cyclic redundancy check" upon starting Outlook. As per earlier advice, i ran chkdsk /r. But, chkdsk hangs. The % done on phase 4, file data check, was moving along at 1% per every 1 to 5 minutes. Then, at exactly 50%, it just stopped moving. I left it for a few hours, but no further progress (so i interrupted it). The disk light was on continually, but no progress in % complete. Also, if scanpst.exe is run, windows crashes (blue screen). So, are there any further suggestions? Is there any disk utility more robust t...

Numbering in Book Files
I am creating a tech manual where each chapter is its own file. I have created an outline numbered list and saved the list in a template that I then use to create the new chapters. However, I am finding that when I go into a new chapter that the outline numbering does not pick up on the chapter (Heading 1) number. For example: Chapter 1: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. But when I start my next chapter, when I update the chapter number to start at 2, I get this: Chapter 2: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. ...

Restoring Outlook Files
hi, I need to move the actual inbox, etc. from one hard drive to another. Which files do I look for? I had Outlook configured as an IMAP client. I keep looking for a master "inbox" or "mailbox" file, but am unable to find it. thanks for the help! rt brown Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:02b50...

Outlook 2000 slow to attach files
I am running Outlook 2000 with XP, and when I go to attach a file on the network, it is extremely slow. However, when I go to the same file through Windows Explorer, it is very quick. Does anyone know what this problem might be or how to fix it? ...

How to receive photos sent to me without having to click on them
I have just started using Outlook 2007. I am unable to receive photos in the text email message. They all come as attachments. I cannot find any settings to allow direct insertion of photos into the email text message area. Help Please..... Outlook doesn't support inline images. See http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/inline.asp for options. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newslett...