OL2003 - Current View vs Arrange by

I just upgraded to OL2K3.  Now my custom views of tasks no longer work.  The
scenario goes something like this:

Select custom view "10 - Prioritize Tasks" - everythings fine.
Select another view "20 - Business Tasks" - Fine.
Select first view - 10 - Prioritzed Tasks" - Its over written by the setting
under View->Arrange by-> XXXXX (normally Importance)

leave OL, restart, view works until I switch it...

I have tried to reset the views (via. Outlook.exe /cleanviews
command line) and recreate them, but the problem persists...

If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

An update...  If I redefine the filters not to GROUP, only to SORT,
everything is OK.  I am convienced this is a bug in OL2K3.  Has anyone else
experienced this problem?

MS

"news.microsoft.com" <Matthew.Shannon@remove_this_phrase.comcast.net> wrote
in message news:eGbMG6lzDHA.536@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> I just upgraded to OL2K3.  Now my custom views of tasks no longer work.
The
> scenario goes something like this:
>
> Select custom view "10 - Prioritize Tasks" - everythings fine.
> Select another view "20 - Business Tasks" - Fine.
> Select first view - 10 - Prioritzed Tasks" - Its over written by the
setting
> under View->Arrange by-> XXXXX (normally Importance)
>
> leave OL, restart, view works until I switch it...
>
> I have tried to reset the views (via. Outlook.exe /cleanviews
> command line) and recreate them, but the problem persists...
>
> If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Changed View to right and lost info on left
changed pane view from bottom to right and lost info on left of view ie mail ect. How do I get it back. "=?Utf-8?B?TWFpbCxDYWxlbmRhciwgQ29udGFjdHMsVGFza3M=?=" <Mail,Calendar, Contacts,Tasks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:A5E3C498-0C5E-4593-9CE8-84E6419CB47C@microsoft.com: > changed pane view from bottom to right and lost info on left of view > ie mail ect. How do I get it back. What if you grab the left side of the reading pane and drag it to the right to resize it? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Stockholm Consulting Gro...

Calendar two-column weekly view not present in Outlook 2007?
I read posts here that the two column weekly view of the calendar is gone as of Outlook 2007. Can anyone confirm? Why can I have the same view if I go to File - Print and select weekly, but not view on the screen? Makes me think it's in there somewhere and I'm missing it. Thanks. It's gone. The new overlay format did it in. If you need a view with large cells, see http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/2wk_cal/2wk_cal.htm If a week view comes back in the next version it will be something like the view in the video above. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself ...

Multiple people able to view as "My Contact"?
We have many shared contacts within our organization, and a tremendous amount of Active contacts for users to sift through when looking for a shared contact. Is it possible to have multiple users view the same contacts in the "My Contacts" view? Thank you in advance. S Carroll You sound like you need a way to categorize contacts for teams or group... If so, I'd start by adding a picklist field and then creating custom views based on thse fields. For example, the Northwest Team only sees contacts with the new field "northwest" chosen. Alternately, you could redu...

Resource Usage (Resource Plan Work vs. Project Plan Work)
In Project Server 2007 Data Analysis... I am trying to get a total of resource usage (work vs. capacity). This is the statement I'm using but not getting a result. IF([Measures].[Work]>NULL,[Measures].[Work]/[Measures].[Capacity],[Measures].[Resource Plan Work]/[Measures].[Capacity]) Pleae help me out. On May 25, 7:15=A0am, MD <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Project Server 2007 Data Analysis... I am trying to get a total of > resource usage (work vs. capacity). =A0This is the statement I'm using bu= t not > getting a result. > > ...

Outlook Express Jpeg Attachment Viewing
I have a brand new PC with XP and Outlook express. For the first two days, any jpegs that were received as attachments to an email were viewable with the "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" - ie scaled, etc ALl the sudden, they are now shown as pure jpegs - meaning that 3MP pictures now are not viewable on the screen. The only change I made was to install Photoshop. I changed the preferred viewer for JPEGS and GIFS back to the "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" in the My Pictures folder, but that does not seem to have impacted how jpegs are viewed in Outlook Express. Is the...

Can't view thumbnails of clip art
Hi, When I choose to insert a clip art, there are no clip art thumbnails to choose from? Also, when I have an e- mail sent to me with clip art and I try to forward it, it sends the clip art as attachments and there are blank placeholders left. Help! ...

view another users calendar
how do i get into another users calendar They need to give you permissions to view it (either as a delegate or using folder permissions), then you use file, open, other users folder. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/otherusers.htm http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sharesubfolder.asp has instructions for giving folder permissions. If the folder is a default folder, you can use the open shared folders link or file, open. If it’s a subfolder, you need to add the mailbox to the profile. http://www.slipstick.com/exs/open_other_owa.asp shows how to open other users folders using ow...

Cannot view / enter any GL accounts! HELP!
I ran the Check Links yesterday. Now, I cannot see / access / view / created any GL accounts. I first thought that all disappeared as when I open the lookup window, they are all gone. However, after logging in as the sa, they are definitely all there. It appears every user lost access to do anything with GL accounts. When one attempts to manual type in a valid GL account, it simply erases itself once entry is complete. HELP! Did you check your check links reports what did they show?? Can you see the accounts as a Power User or only as sa? "Adam" wrot...

tabbed form becomes blank on form view
Hi clever people, I have a tabbed form with data from a tblMain on the 1st tab. That's all fine. I have address details in a tblBusAdr & tblpersAdr for business & personal addresses since there will be multiple records for the same addresses. My 2nd tab is where I want the address data to appear & although there is relationships for PK & FK between the 3 tables my form detail goes blank even though the fields show a valid source. Am I trying to do something which is not possible or do I have to use a subform on the tab? If needed I can post the access g...

vba vs VB dotnet
I have a new project to use MS access as backend. I would like to know what adre the difference betwwen VBA and VB dotnet as front end? what is the best choise and what I need considre to use front end bwteen 2 choices? Your information is great appreciated, Souris wrote: > I have a new project to use MS access as backend. > > I would like to know what adre the difference betwwen VBA and VB > dotnet as front end? > > > what is the best choise and what I need considre to use front end > bwteen 2 choices? Well a big difference is that you can actually create a fr...

VS Tools
In the EstimateFreight sample there is a "GPConnObj.Init" is it I need to supply the same registration key like in GP "Tools >> Setup >> System >> Registration"? Thanks ...

Editing Filter Criteria when creating "Views"
Hi, When creating a view - and specifically creating filter criteria for that view - can CRM 3.0 do sorts with “or” criteria? In the old version the only option to sort is with the "and" criteria. For Example-we create a view and would like to have anyone on that view (list) that has a "Yes" in the interest area "Health and Wellness". But we also want to have the people on that list, that have a "Yes" in another interest area-let's say they are interested in learning about "Obesity". BUT - and here is my question - can we tell CRM...

Viewing task Name on Tools Bar
I lost the option of viewing the task name on the Tools Bar.. I believe there is a set up someone that must of been turned off.. Any suggestions? Hi Lori, Sorry, I don't understand your question. The task name appears in the task name column. Are you looking to have the name appear on the task bar in the Gantt chart? Try Format > Bar Styles, select the "task" bar and select "Name" from the left, right, above or below area on the Text tab. If this is not what you needed, please be clearer about what you mean by the "task name on the Tools Bar...

Deleted Distribution Lists (OL2003) still show...how do I completely delete??
I had created a DL in OUTLOOK 2003. It had a list of people from my address book. I decided I wanted to completely change the name of the DL. I removed each individual person and then DELETED (using CTRL+D) the DL from my CONTACTS folder. My company uses and EXCHANGE GAL for addresses, but this DL was in my personal AB. Everytime I go back into e-mail in the TO: box, and I type the first 1, 2 or 3 letters of a name (which was similar to the DL I had created), it keeps showing the DL in the TO box, even though it is empty and has been deleted. How do I get the DL to be COMPLETELY GONE? M...

Update Date value to current year
How do I update the "Hire Date" date value to the current year or the next year if the "Hire Date" is less then 365 days old to be shown as an evaluation due date? Try this -- Evaluation_Due_Date: IIf([Hire Date]<Date()-365,DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month([Hire Date]),Day([Hire Date])),DateSerial(Year(Date())+1,Month([Hire Date]),Day([Hire Date]))) -- Build a little, test a little. "helpmeplease" wrote: > How do I update the "Hire Date" date value to the current year or the next > year if the "Hire Date" is le...

Current folder
I have VBA code for inserting a picture as a header with the following code: With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .CenterHeader = "&G" .CenterHeaderPicture.Filename = "D:\Rosary\School_System\ROS_Logo.tif" What changes should be done in order to use the current folder in which the files are stored in? (If I moved the folder to another drive this will ot work). I tried the following in different ways, but no success! ..CenterHeaderPicture.Filename = ("ThisWorkbook.Path & "\ROS_logo.tif") If the activesheet isn't a sheet in th...

Opening an old Word document, date changed to current date
When I open old Word documents, the date gets automatically changed to the current date and I can't view the date that the document actually had. I am using MS Office 2007, but the old document was created in Word 2003. I can see the date that the file was last modified in the details of the file, but I cant guarantee that the date of the document is the same as the date last modified for the file. Press Alt+F9 to toggle the field code display and edit the DATE field code to read CREATEDATE. Then Alt+F9 to toggle back and F9 to update. The date displayed will be the date th...

Automatic vs SemiAutomatic
What is the difference between setting the application calculation mode to 'Automatic' or 'SemiAutomatic' Its the same unless you are using Tables for repetitive calculations, in which case semiautomatic means automatic except for tables. regards Charles ______________________ Decision Models FastExcel Version 2 now available. www.DecisionModels.com/FxlV2WhatsNew.htm "Bill" <nunnallywilliamr@uams.edu> wrote in message news:CBC5A136-651D-4ED8-A6B3-31D7FBB91A60@microsoft.com... > What is the difference between setting the application calculation mode to &#...

eTimeSheets VS. Business Portal Time and Attendance
I've a client who is upgrading from 7.0 to 8.0. They use eTimeSheets extensively that ties into their Payroll system. We understand that eTimesheet is not supported anymore in 8.0 and need to go with Time and Attendance on Business Portal. Is there any documentaiton on this change? Anyone's done this before? Any help will be appreciated. ...

Crash when viewing portfolio with performance view
I recently got a copy of Money 2004 and coverted my Quicken 99 database. The conversion went fine and it mostly all works, but when I try to view my portfolio in performance mode, Money crashes. The crash is a little odd in that Windows doesn't ask to send an error report to Microsoft. Any ideas? For those technically inclined, I attached a debugger to the msmoney.exe process and repeated the steps that lead to the crash. The debugger reports a lot of floating-point overflow exceptions just before the process terminates, so perhaps Money thinks I have a zero-cost basis for some of my s...

outlook 2003 view folder list
I have been using outlook 2000 since it was released. I set up the display (over all look) to show only the folder list wich includes contact, calendar....on the left hand side (LHS)and the expanded topic on the right hand side. Now I received outlook 2003 and want to get back that look I can't get it , my contacts and calendar is at the boton LHS, Its look cluthered... can some body help Jim There are a few things you can do to make Outlook 2003 look the way older versions did; however, not everything can be changed. See http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2003/up031029.htm#classicview f...

same mailbox in different address book views
Hi I got a organization with 50 diff location on a exchange 5.5. each location has its own container in address book view (custom attribue). If I have users that works in more than one location how do I make thoose people appear in address book view for alll the locations they work in? [Edit] It should be like if you could add more than 1 custom attribute for every custom attribute field. [/Edit] ...

Portfolio manager view
My portfolio manager view is small..in that I mean I can't view all my holding without using scroll bars. All I can see is the name of the holding and if I want any info, I have to use the scroll bars. In microsoft.public.money, froompy wrote: >My portfolio manager view is small..in that I mean I can't view all my >holding without using scroll bars. All I can see is the name of the holding >and if I want any info, I have to use the scroll bars. Expand the window. Reduce the size of the Name field by dragging the edge of the column header. I mean that the window that ...

View Active/Inactive Item by Store at HQ Database
Is there anyway to view Active/Inactive Item Listing of each store at Hq Level? i look into ItemDynamic table but there is no Inactive Field No. The list should be identical at all stores. If it's not, here's how to make it so: Issue a WS250 for ALL ITEMS. Then issue another WS250 with a Filter of Inactive = YES. That should make the inactive list at the stores the same as the inactive list at HQ--which is how it should be. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "MJay" wrote: > Is there anyway to view Active/Inactive Item Listing of each store at Hq Level? > i lo...