OL2002 Rules Wizard Order?

Hello,

Does anyone know if the rules wizard on OL2002 runs each rule in turn
against all folders or, all rules against each folder in turn?

I'm trying to order my rules into some sort of working order but don't
seem to be getting the results i'd expect.

Cheers,

<M>

the rules run only as new mail arrives and in the order listed - add a stop
processing action to rules if messages are affected by more than they should
be.

--

"<M>" <mike.dinnis@tesco.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know if the rules wizard on OL2002 runs each rule in turn
> against all folders or, all rules against each folder in turn?
>
> I'm trying to order my rules into some sort of working order but don't
> seem to be getting the results i'd expect.
>
> Cheers,
>
> <M>

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Server side rule for all mailboxes
Hi, small info for Exchange 2003 Ent.Edt. admin. Can we create somehow, general server side rule, that will apply for all mailboxes in Exchange system. Can be on some Storage Group, Exchange level or whatever. We found some third party stuff and it works OK (http://www.mapilab.com/exchange/rules), but is there some "standard" Exchange 2003 capability for doing such a thing. Is there some API or something easy for this capability? We just have to redirect some mail message for all users to one folder in their mailbox. Regards, RM No native feature/tool. Perhaps write ...

Crystal report wizard not available in excel
I've loaded Crystal Report 8.5 on my laptop and I'm trying to create a report out of a current Excel Spreadsheet, but the Crystal Report Wizard is not available for use. Any ideas on how I can fix this within Excel will be appreciated. ...

Rules only work when I first start Outlook 2003
Hi all. I have a problem with my rules in Outlook 2003. I've upgraded from OL XP, and now my rules only seem to work when I first start up OL 2003 and it checks my mail. I'm using several POP accounts and I want the mails moved to specific folders depending on the mail account they come in on. The rules worked fine when I was running OL XP, but now they only run on the first mail check as soon as I open OL. Any subsequent mail checks, either automatic (every 5 mins) or manual just sends any new mail to the Inbox. I have read about an OL prob where the rules don't work on the fir...

Table of Conents Out of Order`
Using Word 2007 and I have created a Table of Contents within a frame (working on a newsletter). The TOC is picking up its data from styles and it works perfectly, except the items within the table of contents are out of order. For example, I have two articles on page 1 and the second article title is showing first in the table of contents. Suggestions? As always, thank you for any help you can provide. If the articles are in text boxes, it could be that the "second" article is anchored to a paragraph that actually precedes the paragraph to which the "first&q...

Customizing Forms Wizard
It is possible to control or customize details of the way the wizards creates objects? For instance, we have internal naming standards for controls and I would like the wizard to name each control according to our standard. I know I can use a form template for the forms created without wizards, but what about controlling the creation of the ones done via wizards too? Thanks in advance, See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/151218/EN-US/ Román Valoria wrote: >It is possible to control or customize details of the way the wizards creates >objects? > >For ...

Workflow Rule Event for modification???
Hi; I want to set a workflow rule so that the system sends a Task to the owner of every contact that has not been modified since 3 months. I don't know what event is appropriate: it is not Create. I thought it would be Manual, but it doesn't work either... Can someone help me? Thanx! ...

Using a query versus a table for the look up wizard
Hello, I have a field which I would like to use the lookup wizard for to generate a drop down list for the user to select from. My question is whether my databse would run faster if I used: a query from an already established table as the values for the lookup wizard, or to build a new table to hold the information for the lookup wizard to use. I think you'll find few of us recommend the use of the Lookup Wizard. Lookup fields only have a place in tables, and your users should never be working directly with the tables. Create a form, and use a combo box on the form. (See http...

Outlook Local Rules?
Hello, I have a collegue that swears that his rules only work when his machine is on and he is logged in. Is that possible? Is there such a thing as a locally stored rule? Thanks Mike Yes. Some rules can only run when Outlook is open. More info here: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/serverbased.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Mike B" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b6ac01c4797b$7378a040$a401280a@phx.gbl......

OL2002 sharing contacts = buying exchange?
We are a small business (8 people) and do fine on peer to peer network (under 10 users), so our 'file server' is running Windows 2000 Workstation (not Server). We have Office XP + Win XP pro on the other computers. We want to do something seemingly simple - access and / or update a common contacts folder and calendar. I remember on a previous version of Windows and Outlook (not Server, and not with Exchange Server), we could set up a post office in the control panel and setup shared folders in Outlook (changes were 'emailed' to all and automatically updated the shared folders...

Cannot change received PO to Change Order
Great Plains will not allow me to change a Purchase Order from Received to Change Order: I'm not sure if this matters, but we recieved more than we ordered, which happens quite frequently. Here is the message I get: "This line can't be changed to Released or Change Order. A Received line can be changed to Change Order if it has a quantity cancelled." WHY IS THAT???? However, if I try to enter a quantity cancelled, I get: "The Quantity Cancelled must be less than the remaining quantity. Please enter a new quantity". How can I re-open this Purchas...

graphing ordered non-numeric value
How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on the x-axis? Hi Mkchu, > How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very > Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on > the x-axis? Probably the easiest way is to give each of them a number (e.g. Failed = 0, Excellent = 6) and plot those. Then format the Y axis to show markers but no labels and use text boxes for the labels. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel...

Order of Category in X-axis
Good day everybody, I have a chart looks like this : A3 | A2 | A1 | -------|------------------- I would like it to be like this : A1 | A2 | A3 | -------|------------------- I remember I can reverse my Category in X-axis by clicking a reverse option when I used Excel 2000. But now I couldn't do the same with Excel 2002. I will appreciate if someone can help me. Thanks in advance. Best regards, Julie Julie - Double click the axis, click on the Scale tab, and check the Categories (or Values) in Reverse Order box. You probably also will want to check the A...

Apply Outlook rules to other folders...
Is there any way to apply the rules to a folder other than "inbox"? When I try to change the "apply rules to this folder" setting, the only folder choice I have is the IMAP inbox. Thanks, P ...

Outlook 2003 'Move' Rule doesn't work as it should.
Hi, Having probs here with trying to use the 'Move' Rule in Outlook 2003 to shift emails from a specific senders address (from peolple or distrubution list) to a custom folder within my Inbox for that sender. The rule merely copies the e-mail to my custom folder and leaves the original in my Inbox. I have to create a second rule to delete the original from my Inbox and that can't be right. I know it isn't just me that is having this problem so maybe someone out there has found a fix for this bug? Zook Add Stop processing action to the Move rule. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP -...

client only rules #2
I have many client only rules in my email and would really like to delete them. Unfortunately when going to the rules wizard - it says under the "Apply changes to this folder" - Inbox [Microsft Exchage Server]. Now I cant seem to delete these rules. Could u help me please? Are you connected to the Exchange Server while trying to do this? "confused" <confused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDE33F33-22D3-4973-86CC-5BF35AD5E139@microsoft.com... >I have many client only rules in my email and would really like to delete > them. Unfortunatel...

Internet connection problem using the connection wizard
I have just restored my server from a backup and now when I try to use the connect to the internet wizard it fails with messages at each stage of "Network Configuration", "Firewall Configuration" and "E mail configuration" At each stage a message is displayed " an error occured while configuring a component - to continue with the wizzard & configure remaining components click OK" I think somthing has not restarted when I reinstalled the system from a backup. On startup it wans a component has not started and in the log a repot states ...

rule to move messages from senders who are on a personal dist list
Hi, I'd like to create a rule that will move messages that I receive from senders who are on one of my personal address book distribution lists. I would like to move the messages to a folder. However, when I try to create a rule I get this message: 'Cleanup Address List' is a personal distribution list that may not be used with this feature. Would you like to use the individual members of 'Cleanup Address List' instead? I am choosing "New Rule" then "Move messages from someone to a folder." Is there some other way to accomplish this ...

Chart Wizard won't work
I have classwork to perfoerm on EXCEL, but I am unable to use the Chart Wizard because it is grayed out, and unavailable. I have made certain that I have selected ranges with data in them, so what do I do next??? Perhaps it's not installed? Some versions of MS Office do not install the wizards when the default install method is used. Use Custom install, and choose "Run all from my computer". ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "peg2unic" <peg2unic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:255A90EF-B896-48EF-86DC-5988EEC707C1@microsoft.com....

Purchase Order and Matching Invoices
We've come across two incidents where a closed purchase order has prevented us from matching to an invoice. The first occurred when someone closed the Purchase prior to being invoiced. The second occurred when an Invoice for a PO was voided but now we can't re-invoice to the PO. With the first incident, we were told to just complete a Payables Trx to create the invoice which will not be reflected with the PO. Is this the only way to re-invoice the second situation? I've reviewed KB854990 but it involves deleting PO history and re-entering the PO and Receipt transactions...

Rounding for order size
I'm doing a forecast using some formulas. I want the result to take in consideration the minimun order size. For example if my forecast is 38 I want the result to be expressed as 48 which is the minimun package size. The same for example if forecast is 500 I want it to show 480 or 528 which are the actual amounts that I can request. How can I do this? FA Hi! So, what you want to do is round to the nearest multiple of 48? =ROUND(A1/48,0)*48 Biff "FA" <FA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6E4BD59-5B85-487E-98B7-96E568FB1E44@microsoft.com......

How to check for numbers in ascending order?
Hi, I have a dataset coming back from an application screen where I have to check that the values in a set of fields are in ascending order. Is there an easy way to do this in SQL? I've written the following code using a WHILE loop (which works), but wondered if there was a better way of doing this i.e. using a CTE or similar? Here's the temp table that I've created to hold the values with an added row number: row_number row_id entry_value 1 101965 23000.00 2 101966 24000.00 3 101967 22000.00 ...

Maximum number of Rules for mails
Hi, We have a user here that have a lot of rules activated in the Rules Wizard. When he try to add a new rule, he get an error saying that the rule cannot be created and that Outlook might not handle more rules. Is it possible to know the maximum of rules allowed to be activated in Outlook XP (2002)? Thanks in advance for your help. Best Regards Martin If you use Exchange server, you are limited to 32k of server-side rules - this is not configurable. Simplify the rules or get rid of some. Martin Cote wrote: > Hi, > We have a user here that have a lot of rules activated &...

email button on toolbar launches Internet Connection Wizard instead of Outlook 2000
Hi, I am quite new to this, so please forgive any infringements of ettiquette. Can anyone help? I have a machine running office2k with Outlook 2k. When I click on the email icon, on the standard toolbar, the Internet Connection Wizard is launched, instead of Outlook 2k. I have trawled the Excel help files, but to no avail. I have also started searching the internet, which led me here. How do I change the application that the icon launches? Thanks, in anticipation, BizzyByers ...

Workflow to close unrequired orders
I have a situation where I need to be able to update the opportunity linked to a quote and then other quotes linmked to the same opportunity. I am sure that this must be possible using a Sales Cycle, but I am struggling to get it to work. The scenario is:- An Opportunity has generated several quotes (typically complex variations on quantity and discount levels). The customer accepts one of these (possibly after a complex process within his own organisation), and from this one quote an order for the products (quantities, prices and discount) listed on this quote is generated. On th...

MFC painting order (Child then Parent)
Good night I have a CDialogBar with two CStatic that act as place holders for two CDialogs. On one of these dialogs I have a bunch of CStatics that act as holders for pictures. The idea behind this is that the user can drag and drop a pix from Dialog A to Dialog B and this picture gets drawn on the way through. In my CDialogBar based class I'm catching a event when the user drags this image from dlg A. The last position (CRect) of this pix should get invalidated and then this picture should be drawed onto the new location. Unfortunately, when I do that the picture gets drawn but th...