ol2000 slow loading folders/tasks

laptop running independently and networked takes an
inordinate amount of time to load folders as well as
perform tasks like delete
Intermittent problem but an annoyance nonetheless
thank you
0
anonymous (74722)

c10306a7 error when access public folders
While access public folders through Exchange Admin, I get the following error: _ The available memory is not sufficient. Close some applications or windows and try again. ID no: c10306a7 Exchange system manager - This is a 2000 server standard running Exchange 2003 enterprise (upgraded from Exchange 2000) This error message was happening in Exchange 2000 as well, and I was hoping the upgrade would resolve the issue. This error message prevents me from access public folders and performing any maintenance. I am guessing this is more of a rights issue rather than a memeory issue. I have ...

could not load an object because it is not available on this machine
I'm running Exchange server 5.5. A few users are complaining that when they try to open any of their contacts, they get the message 'could not load an object because it is not available on this machine'. I uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled it and I still have the same problem. Is there any way to correct this? Thanks for any help. The usual cause of that warning is that the contacts' MessageClass = property is pointing to a published form that uses an ActiveX control = that is not present on those particular machines. The solution is either = to determine what control ...

OUTLOOK 2003 BUG: Tasks do not accept HTML messages
When dragging a message received in HTML over to the Tasks folder the body of the message disappears. Tom Tulane University Works for me. What is your setup? Connected to Exchange? If so; are you using Cached Exchange mode? If not; POP3, IMAP or other...? and are you using an Outlook 2003 pst-file or an Outlook 97-2002 pst-file? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & trick...

Outlook 2007
In Outlook 2007, I have my "To-Do Bar" shown on the right side of my screen. The Task List is selected and displayed. The problem is that I can't really tell what my tasks are because so little of them displays. I can widen the To-Do Bar a little bit, but what I'd really like is for the Task descriptions to use a smaller font. Can anyone tell me if this is an option? If so, where do I adjust it? -- Thanks! RBear3 .. You can only widen your ToDo Bar a little bit? I can widen mine a lot...what happens when you try to widen yours? -- Jocelyn Fiorello *** Mess...

Slow network drive response when browsing for attachments
I am running Office 2003 under Windows 2000 on a LAN containing shared network drives. Using conventional means to access the contents of these drives (i.e. Windows Explorer) yields a quick response, but when using the Select attachment dialog in Outlook there is a significant delay (2 mins plus). Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions? Dave. ...

Rouge folder in list
In my list of folders, there is a folder that I set up by mistake and have since deleted the pst file that it was looking for. The folder still exists and will not let me delete it. It tells me that if I continue to have the problem to restart Outlook. This has been for about a week and I've rebooted, shut down and reconfigured all types of settings, all to no avail. I would like to know if anyone can tell me what to do short of reinstalling the program. What version of Outlook, and what mode if applicable? (help | about) Can you delete and re-create your mail profile? martin wr...

How do I get XML in a string loaded into a dataset?
Using VB.net I have a string var (myXMLString) that contains some XML (gotten via a web service that returns xml) I want to load this xml into a dataset (myDataSet). But the myDataSet.ReadXML() method doesn't take a string as one of its overloads. If I write myXMLString to a file, then I can read it into myDataSet, but I want to skip that step. How can I load a string of XML directly into a DataSet? Thanks, Kevin "Kevin Thomas" <SendSpamHere@Spam.com> wrote in message news:ecPiogEJFHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > But the myDataSet.ReadXML() method doesn&#...

2 personal folder listings and duplicates
Hi. When I have Outlook open at home, when I have the Mail selected, it shows Favorite Folders and All Mail Folders. Under All Mail folders it shows two seperate Personal Folders and the contents appear the same. When I view my Contacts, it shows things twice: Contacts Contacts in Personal Folders FriendEmail FriendEmail in Personal Folders ToDo ToDo in Personal Folders etc..... How can I get rid of the other Personal Folders entry and the duplicate entries in my contacts? Thanks. Bryce. ...

A0 page size | PP slow
Dear all, I am working on an A0-sized poster in PP, and PP is getting really slow? What to do? Can I clear undo history or something like that? Thanks Benjamin Hi Benjamin, Yes you can reduce the number of undo's and recent files displayed, but I'm not sure that will help with the "slows". How large is the saved file? Bill Dilworth "benjamin.friedrich" <benjamin.friedrich@gmail.com> wrote in message news:507e8462-7b3b-4c27-b078-a22ff359eba6@q29g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Dear all, > > I am working on an A0-sized pos...

unhelpful deserialization error
This code - private static void Test() { using (XmlReader reader = XmlReader.Create("ExecutionPlan.xml", new XmlReaderSettings())) { XmlSerializer serializer = new XmlSerializer(typeof(TEST.ShowPlanXML)); ShowPlanXML plan = (TEST.ShowPlanXML)serializer.Deserialize(reader); Console.WriteLine(plan.Version); } } throws this exception - "Could not load type 'TEST.ShowPlanXML' from assembly 'TEST, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.":"TEST.ShowPlanXML ShowPlanXML is a 8000+ lin...

Help! Can't import Sent Folder from Yahoo
Hi. I was setting up Outlook 2000 when it suddenly began importing all of my messages from the inbox folder of my Yahoo account, some 700 in all. I panicked when I saw it was starting to erase the messages from Yahoo so stopped the process. Now I can't figure out a way to import the messages from my Sent Folder in Yahoo into Outlook. When I archived them and zipped them per Yahoo instructions and dragged the unzipped msgs into Outlook, when I tried to click on a message, it was opened up (or attempted to) in Outlook Express. Does anyone have insight on this?? Thanks. Try YahooPOP...

Moving Public Folders from Exchange Server 5.5 to Exc. Ser. 2003.
How can I move public folders from an Exchange Server 5.5 to a new Exchange Server 2003, which on a separate private network without connecting bother server on the same network? rekaman@gmail.com wrote in news:1144768961.479044.323920 @t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > How can I move public folders from an Exchange Server 5.5 to a new > Exchange Server 2003, which on a separate private network without > connecting bother server on the same network? Export them to PST? Regards, -- R. Arlo Clizer FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com Thank you very mu...

Replacing formula to cells EXTREMELY slow
Hi! I have the following code ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Private Sub ToggleButton3_Click() Dim i As Long Dim Lastrow As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False Lastrow = 1000 If ToggleButton3.Value = True Then 'Fill in the checking formula For i = 0 To 5 Cells(4, i + 9).Formula "=IF($A4="""","""",COUNTIF(INDEX('Check'!4:4,1,$AI$2):INDEX('Check'!4:4,1,$AI$3), & i & "))" Next Else For i = 0 To 5 Cells(4, i + 9).Formula "=IF($A4="""",...

Suddenly -- Two PERSONAL FOLDERS???
Hi, All of a sudden, I have 2 Personal Folders!!!! They seem identical, and I cannot get rid of one or the other. * The only thing recently changed is the installation of XP SP-2. * All previous XP-Pro updates have been installed * Running Outlook 2000, and all updates are installed (never had any problems with these...they were installed "long ago." Thank you for your help! "Howie" ...

Outlook 2003 Hangs and slows down system over VPN
Hey all, I have a remote user who uses Outlook 2003 over a VPN connection and anywhere from 4 to 10 times a day she gets a messages that says outlook is trying to re-establise the connection to the exchange server. While this is going on her system comes to a standstill and she cant get any work done. It also kills her connection to one of the remote systems she connects to using a hyper terminal session. I think the issue may be with her ISP, but i have been trying to figure out what could be cuasing this issue on her side first. Any thought or ideas would be great. Her system is XP SP2...

reinstalling office 2008 to see if it resolves the problem of slowing all my apps
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC I have installed office 2008 then gradually all my apps started slowing way down. I have worked with Apple service on all sorts of library repairs, cache removal and confirming all upgrades of OSX, but nothing helps. I want to reinstall my office 2008 and I have the original product key, but installed it originally with just a download, so I have no disk etc. So, how do I reinstall without the disk? ...

public folder replication interval #2
Exchange 2000 server and Exchange 2003 server. Replicas of a public folder on both servers. Replication interval on public stores is set to Always run. Properties of public folder, replication interval is set to use public store settings. I'd assume that as soon as a change is made to a public folder on one server, the change should propagate immediately? I'm still seeing an interval of 15 min of replication between public stores. I want the replication to be instant as soon as there is a change made to the public folder. Do i have to restart some service? Answer below. Calvi...

Help. I cannot upgrade Outlook.Keeps saying it cannot open folders
I am trying to upgrade to Office Professional. All programs seem to be working except Outlook. It will not open. I get a message that it cannot open default folders. Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to upgrade to Office Professional. All programs seem to be > working except Outlook. It will not open. I get a message that it > cannot open default folders. It appears you haven't set up your mail profile properly. Control Panel>Mail -- Brian Tillman ...

Task Groups
Is it possible to password protect task groups? "Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEB3AEB6-E93A-4B1C-8AE5-808A45385E5D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to password protect task groups? Do you mean Tasks folders? No, you can't password-protect individual folders. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Auto-categorizing email messages on move-to-folder
OK, I give up - I am not smart enough on my own, time to tap the smart ones ... So, here's the thing: I am using a Utility called Nelson Email Organizer (search and organize work-along), and like it a lot, BUT, I want to make it play nicer with Outlook folders. NEO does not (Currently) have away to show a column with the folder name, but DOES have a way to show a column with the category. So, I want to attach to each mail message a category that shows which folder it is in. I can do this for incoming messages to Inbox by the rules wizard, but I can see no way to re-assign the category w...

Outlook Task Window Flickering Rapidly
I am running Outlook 2007, but the same issue happened in Outlook 2003. When I go to the Task window and click the field labeled "Click Here to Add a New Task", the entire window begins to flicker rapidly as soon as I start typing. It still allows me to enter the task without any issue, but it is very annoying. The only way to make it stop is to select another open window and then go back to the Outlook window. Any ideas? I cannot find anything on this. Thanks. ...

Public folder permission #5
Hello, I found that when level of nested groups reach 2, the end user will not actually get the permission that granted to its grandparent group. For example: user A is a member of group G1, G1 is a member of G2, administrator grant "editor" role of public folder P1 to G2, but user A cannot even open the folder P1 in his/her outlook. Why? How many nested levels will be allowed to inherit the permission in public folder in Exchange 2003? regards. Rock. ...

SUM in random files in the folder
I have files in the folder. how I consolidate in new sheet all the files, to sum for region, products? OBS: I not know the amount of files in this one folder, so I know that the these nominated archives for region, a994.xls region A, b423.xls b323.xls region B .... How to create a look with filename random ? and I not know the quantity file for region. But, all the worksheets have format the same. Necessary they to charts with it, then I want create the table consolidate thanks Marina ...

Error message opening a folder
OL2002: Error Message: Microsoft Outlook Could Not Access the Specified Folder Location I've been receiving this error message when trying to open a sub-folder in Outlook 2002, and going to the KB it said there was a hot fix available for this error but I have been unable to find it. Any suggestions? Per the KB article, you need to contact Microsoft PSS and request the Hotfix - there is no charge for hotfixes if you ONLY ask for the hotfix and don't append a "by the way, this has been happening as well." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group...

WinMail COmpact lost several folders?
I permitted windows Mail (Vista) to compact and when I restarted the pc all of the folders were in recovered files except for 6 or so folders which are gone. How do Iget these folders back? As a point, windows also downloaded some upgrades last night and installed them and restarted the pc as well, could that have been the problem? marijuana "intbt" <intbt@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:F69E8C19-D2F0-40B1-900A-BFE578A5817F@microsoft.com... >I permitted windows Mail (Vista) to compact and when I restarted the pc all > of the folders wer...