OL2000 - How to manage temporary file directory

When opening an attachment in OL2000, the program creates a file in a
temporary directory on my hard drive under C:\Documents and
Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK6A2\. This
directory is filling up and I would like to clear it. Unfortunately in XP
SP2, this directly is not visible in when exploring files in my computer. I
believe that I have all "show hidden files and folders" settings checked.
Also, the file explorer shows (sometimes) that there is a sub directory
under "temporary internet files," but it does not show up when I look
further. Any ideas.

0
anon9716 (2)

You can type the foldername in the Address Bar if you want to access it. You
can clear your Temporary Internet Files from Control Panel-> Internet
Options to clear the folder as well.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

-----
"Curious George" <anon@ym.ous> wrote in message
> When opening an attachment in OL2000, the program creates a file in a
> temporary directory on my hard drive under C:\Documents and
> Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK6A2\. This
> directory is filling up and I would like to clear it. Unfortunately in XP
> SP2, this directly is not visible in when exploring files in my computer.
> I believe that I have all "show hidden files and folders" settings
> checked. Also, the file explorer shows (sometimes) that there is a sub
> directory under "temporary internet files," but it does not show up when I
> look further. Any ideas.

0
Roady
9/8/2004 12:36:03 PM
Roady:

Thanks for the solution. I was able to access the folder when I typed it in
the address bar in IE. However, I cannot clear this folder by clearing
temporary internet files through internet options. The only reason I know
the folder exists is because that is the folder that comes up by default
when you try to save an opened OL2000 attachment.

Is there a way to be able to display that folder in normal folder directory
view?

message news:%233%233dAalEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> You can type the foldername in the Address Bar if you want to access it.
> You can clear your Temporary Internet Files from Control Panel-> Internet
> Options to clear the folder as well.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>
> -----
> "Curious George" <anon@ym.ous> wrote in message
>> When opening an attachment in OL2000, the program creates a file in a
>> temporary directory on my hard drive under C:\Documents and
>> Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK6A2\. This
>> directory is filling up and I would like to clear it. Unfortunately in XP
>> SP2, this directly is not visible in when exploring files in my computer.
>> I believe that I have all "show hidden files and folders" settings
>> checked. Also, the file explorer shows (sometimes) that there is a sub
>> directory under "temporary internet files," but it does not show up when
>> I look further. Any ideas.

0
anon9716 (2)
9/8/2004 2:31:29 PM
No, this is because it is a subfolder of Temporary Internet Files folder
which is a special folder. IIRC you can browse it when you remotely access
the folders of the machine.

--

> Roady:
>
> Thanks for the solution. I was able to access the folder when I typed it
> in the address bar in IE. However, I cannot clear this folder by clearing
> temporary internet files through internet options. The only reason I know
> the folder exists is because that is the folder that comes up by default
> when you try to save an opened OL2000 attachment.
>
> Is there a way to be able to display that folder in normal folder
> directory view?
>

> "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote
> in message news:%233%233dAalEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> You can type the foldername in the Address Bar if you want to access it.
>> You can clear your Temporary Internet Files from Control Panel-> Internet
>> Options to clear the folder as well.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> www.howto-outlook.com
>>
>> Tips of the month:
>> -What do the Outlook Icons Mean?
>> -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1
>>
>> -----
>> "Curious George" <anon@ym.ous> wrote in message
>>> When opening an attachment in OL2000, the program creates a file in a
>>> temporary directory on my hard drive under C:\Documents and
>>> Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK6A2\. This
>>> directory is filling up and I would like to clear it. Unfortunately in
>>> XP SP2, this directly is not visible in when exploring files in my
>>> computer. I believe that I have all "show hidden files and folders"
>>> settings checked. Also, the file explorer shows (sometimes) that there
>>> is a sub directory under "temporary internet files," but it does not
>>> show up when I look further. Any ideas.

0
Roady

Visibility to held transactions/vendors in Payables Management
Our users would love to be able to see that a PM transaction and/or a vendor is on hold from the inquiry screens, similar to how a voided transaction appears with an * next to it. Currently, we use a smartlist of held vendors and transactions to view everything that's on hold, but that it not the most useful tool when performing an inquiry on a transaction or a vendor. Am I'm missing something that shows this in the inquiry screen? -- Thanks! Cathy -- Thanks! Cathy "[B]ut that it not the most useful tool when performing an inquiry on a transaction or a vendor". Not...

Content Manager Role Privilages for Installation User
Hello All, Under the "KNOWN ISSUES Microsoft CRM Server Privileges Required for Installing Microsoft CRM and Using an Existing Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Server" heading in the Readme.htm file of MS CRM 3.0 CD 1, it says that The user installing Microsoft CRM and connecting to an existing Microsoft SQL 2000 Server Reporting Services Server must have as a minimum the Content Manager Role privileges at the Root Folder Level, and System Administrator privileges at the Site Wide Setting Level. what does it mean and how can I assign these rights to a users. Ther...

Troubleshoot Editing Pictures In Microsoft Office Picture Manager
I am unable to use any of the functions from the "Picture" drop down menu on the toolbar.For example when I put my my mouse cursor on "fix red eye" the "fix red eye" line stays a light grey color and and I am not able to fix the red eye in the picture on the screen of my computer.If I want to "brighten" the picture,I am not able to "brighten" the picture as the "brighten" command stays a light grey. Please how do I fix this problem so that I can use all the "edit picture" choices from the "picture" too...

Please keep me from getting fired! file locked
HELP!!! I was in a file that's read only. My network connection crashed and now nobody can get into my excel file because it says I have it locked. I see no temp file in the network folder that contains the file. People are ready to kill me. What can I try? If it's a network file, MIS should be able to come up with a backup........... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Sandra" <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote in message news:#X98ovTQFHA.508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > HELP!!! > > I was in a file that's read only. My network connection crashed and now > nobod...

How to make a .XLTM template file default to save as .XLSM type?
I have a Excel 2007 macro-enabled template (.XLTM) which I use regularly. Whenever I open this template then use save or save as to create a new file the default workbook type of .XLSX is selected instead of .XLSM. How can I change the default behaviour for this template to automatically select a .XLSM format in the "Save As" dialog wihtout changing it for every document as happens by using the 'Excel Options>>Save>>Save Files in this Format' drop down box. Cheers Perhaps some code in ThisWorkbook module of the Template; Private Sub Workbook_B...

i get the error xml file invalid why?
when i click on the outlook button it tries to load then it comes up Cannot start Microsoft Office OUtlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. Invalid XML, the view cannot be loaded. then click ok I do not understand this because nothing to change anything. Charlene wrote: > when i click on the outlook button it tries to load then it comes up > Cannot start Microsoft Office OUtlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. > Invalid XML, the view cannot be loaded. then click ok I do not understand > this because nothing to change anything. Exit Outlook. Then run: outl...

Item Description field in Requisition Management
I would like the Item Description field added to the Requisition Management module for the business portal. I asked for a customization and was told by Microsoft Support that it was not possible. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.co...

Can I convert a publisher file to a Adobe PDF? #2
Can I convert a publisher file to a Adobe PDF? I hear an echo.................. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Mel" <Mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A31BB3DC-8E27-41FB-9CAA-632F58580608@microsoft.com... > Can I convert a publisher file to a Adobe PDF? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.788 / Virus Database: 533 - Release Date: 11/1/2004 It's a good idea to wait at least a day after posting. News Groups are "world wide" and the individua...

Import large text file
Hi, Which options do I have to import a text file to Excel, with more than 200.000 records. Thanks Luis Hi Luis, Did you try opening the file from Excel (file,open) then after going through the file import wizard and you have what you want you can use file, save as, ...) Since you are not used to this suggest you start with a copy of your flat text file. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "L. A. M." ...

Backup & Retreive Outlook 98 .pst files???
How do I backup and retreive Outlook 98 .pst files? Please, Please give me step by step instructions for both. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! glen@ccim.net Better yet, read it for yourself and post back if you have any questions: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, glenf asked: | How do I backup and retreive Outlook 98 .pst files?...

Outlook and pst file
Is there a utility out there or through Outlook itself that would enable me to consolidate several .pst files into one single .pst file ?? Thanks, pab Hello. You don't need to purchase a program to consolidate all of your .pst files. Simply set up your new e-mail with Outlook and import all of your old .pst files into the account. If you look under the directory where your default Outlook .pst file is stored (generally C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst), your file will grow in size after each import that you complete in...

I cannot retrieve my saved .pst file
I saved my file on a disk and swiched computers and know I can't retrieve my data. Can any body help. You need to use the Import option under the file menu in Outlook. Once selected, follow the Import wizard to copy your .pst file off of the floppy and back to the new computer "karrmaxx" wrote: > I saved my file on a disk and swiched computers and know I can't retrieve my > data. > Can any body help. Don't import your native Outlook data - import is for translating another file format to one that Outlook can use. Copy your .pst file to the hard drive ...

Backup file attributes
I like having Excel create a backup file when I save my workbook (save options) but don't like the clutter this creates in my save folders. Is there a way to have the backup files automatically saved as hidden files? I can manually change the file properties after the fact but this gets undone the next time I save the file. Hi AFAIK there's no setting for this in Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "sewilli" <sewilli@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:68246BDE-7C4E-4745-B962-2FEEECF7A775@microsoft.com... > I like having Excel...

document for file I/O with VBA
Hi all, Where can I find a complete document about File I/O with VBA? I find it hard to find in help due to the way it is organized. I want to find ways to deal with files especially ".INI" alike text files using Open, Input, etc. (let me know if there are better ways). The functions I need are to seek lables like [General] and delte or replace data in the section. Thank you, muster <muster@gmail.com> wrote: >Where can I find a complete document about File I/O with VBA? I find >it hard to find in help due to the way it is organized. Access Type Writing Data ...

Hyperlink to internet Document files
I need to create a hyperlink to internet document files. Similar to how the browse feature works where the user can go to the network, find the file and adds the hyperlink to that file for future reference. Is there a way to do this for internet file documents too? I can hyperlink to the page where the file are on the internet, but I don't know how to link the document once I get there. The user will need to choose the document and once chosen, it links to the attachment field in Access. Any suggestions or help appreciated. Thanks, Brandon -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com ht...

Reading view in .doc files opened from Outlook
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C704A5.9EFB9030 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hopefully an easy one for someone: I have Office 2003, Windows Home = Edition. When opening Word documents from attachments in emails, the file opens = by default to Word Reading Layout, which I dislike and I have to = manually change the view. How do I change the default view to Print = Layout? Thanks very much: Nick ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C704A5.9EFB9030 Content-Type: text/html; charset="i...

Increasing file size from excel 2003 to excel 2007
Some users of ours have noticed that saving Excel 2003 files in Excel 2007 caused them to increase in size ans also get corrupted. Has any one else noticed this? ...

Help
I deleted the stationary folder in the program files/Common files/microsoft shared (or something like that) directory... now I can't view my windows in the web view... where would I be able to get the blank.htm etc. back? I didn't use outlook, but I probably had it on my computer at one stage, do I have to reinstall it, thanks for any help, please post or email me! Thanks! Jenny ...

Excel File Only Opens in Windows Safe Mode
I sure hope someone here can help me as I have been chasing this proble for the past week with no luck. I have an Excel XP file, about 2MB in size, that locks up Exce whenever it is loaded. The symptoms of the problem are: - I can get the file to open when the computer is booted into Window 2000 Safe Mode. - Trying to close Excel when it has locked up only gets a Program No Responding message the first time then a Program Being Debugged messag all subsequent times. - The computer must be rebooted to clear Excel when Excel locks up. Simply logging out and logging back in only returns me to a...

How to delete the folder and its files using VC++
hi this nirub i want the information for deleting the folder and its files... here i attached my code deleting file but i cant delete the folder.. if any of one give me idea for that..... WIN32_FIND_DATA FindFileData; HANDLE hHandle; int complt; char FileName[100]; strcpy(FileName,""); char rpath[]="C:\\Sam"; char Path[]="C:\\Sam\\"; SetCurrentDirectory(Path); hHandle=FindFirstFile("*.*",&FindFileData); if(hHandle == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE) MessageBox("Path NotF...

Cannot open xls files
My sister uses Excel and yesterday she clicked onto what looked like a microsoft message on resizing messages and since then she gets a message saying Windows cannot open the file. We tried restoring the PC to an earlier date but that did not work. I've checked for xls file downloads but there doesn't seem to be a simple download for opening the file. Can anyone make a suggestion? Thanks! I don't recognize the message, but can your sister open excel and then do File|open to open her workbook? If that works ok, but double clicking on the filename in windows explorer causes...

SQL Assistance
I wrote a SQL ('Select ... from ...') and would like the output to go to a txt file ('C:\DailySales.txt'). Can someone with more SQL knowledge tell me how I can send the output to a .txt file? Search group for OSQL command line arguments. "Luminox" <Luminox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BFCAE60-4E48-417D-8158-569F1CBA2304@microsoft.com... >I wrote a SQL ('Select ... from ...') and would like the output to go to a > txt file ('C:\DailySales.txt'). Can someone with more SQL knowledge tell > me > how I can send...

deleted my money files
I've managed to delete an lrd file or two which was sent to my recycle bin, I deleted them from there also. I have no back up file now either Is there any way of retrieving them or have i lost all my info. I can access the program and start again, but...major task. In microsoft.public.money, tew wrote: >I've managed to delete an lrd file or two which was sent to my recycle bin, I >deleted them from there also. I have no back up file now either Is there any >way of retrieving them or have i lost all my info. I can access the program >and start again, but...major tas...

hyperlinks following in copies of original file
I have been working on a time line of sorts and creating links to the various web pages for each item. The problem is, when I make a copy of the file onto a CD or disk and open it elsewhere the hyperlinks do not work. They are still listed correctly when I look at them in "edit hyperlink", but I get an error that reads "Unable to open http://www.xxxxxxx. Cannot locate the internet server or proxy server." I end up having to copy/paste the url from the edit menu into a browser. Why aren't the hyperlinks following in copies correctly? First, I don't have a...

Write file from OLE Object field type.
I’m working on adding the functionality to create/email an access report in pdf. I found a solution by Stephen Lebans but it requires 2 dlls in the folder where the application resides. Since the access application is emailed to several remote users it is easiest if the application is self-contained. What I want to do is store the dlls in the database and write them to the folder where the database resides when the reports form is loaded. What I have done so far is create a table with two columns Name(string) PK, SystemFile(OLE Object). The Name column contains two rows, dynapdf.d...