OL2000 files on server

We presently keep our .pst files in a mirrored volume on a Novell
Netware 4.11 server.  This system works fine but it was recommended that
I follow

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305519

Can I reconfigure my OL2000 to use the .ost file, there appears to be
nothing in the help about it.

TIA

Steve L.

0
lenaghan (39)

What type of mailbox do you have?  The reason that I ask is that offline
storage tables (ost) is only supported when your mailbox is provided by a
microsoft exchange server and said mail is kept on the server.
--
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
w/out reading.

"Steve Lenaghan" <lenaghan@mts.net> wrote in message
> We presently keep our .pst files in a mirrored volume on a Novell
> Netware 4.11 server.  This system works fine but it was recommended that
> I follow
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305519
>
> Can I reconfigure my OL2000 to use the .ost file, there appears to be
> nothing in the help about it.
>
> TIA
>
> Steve L.

0
neo5748 (288)
10/19/2003 7:37:31 PM
Not sure what you mean by type of mailbox?

Steve L.

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

> What type of mailbox do you have?  The reason that I ask is that offline
> storage tables (ost) is only supported when your mailbox is provided by a
> microsoft exchange server and said mail is kept on the server.
> --
> Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
> w/out reading.
>
> "Steve Lenaghan" <lenaghan@mts.net> wrote in message
> > We presently keep our .pst files in a mirrored volume on a Novell
> > Netware 4.11 server.  This system works fine but it was recommended that
> > I follow

> > Can I reconfigure my OL2000 to use the .ost file, there appears to be
> > nothing in the help about it.
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Steve L.

0
lenaghan (39)
10/19/2003 8:51:02 PM
How do you connect to your mailbox?  (POP/SMTP, IMAP/SMTP, .etc)
--

> Not sure what you mean by type of mailbox?
>
> Steve L.
>
> "neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
>
> > What type of mailbox do you have?  The reason that I ask is that offline
> > storage tables (ost) is only supported when your mailbox is provided by
> > microsoft exchange server and said mail is kept on the server.
> > --
> > Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
> > w/out reading.
> >
> > "Steve Lenaghan" <lenaghan@mts.net> wrote in message
> > > We presently keep our .pst files in a mirrored volume on a Novell
> > > Netware 4.11 server.  This system works fine but it was recommended
that
> > > I follow
> > >
> > > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305519
> > >
> > > Can I reconfigure my OL2000 to use the .ost file, there appears to be
> > > nothing in the help about it.
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > Steve L.

0
neo5748 (288)
10/19/2003 10:36:05 PM
it's a POP/SMTP system

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

> How do you connect to your mailbox?  (POP/SMTP, IMAP/SMTP, .etc)
> --
> Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
> w/out reading.
>
> "Steve Lenaghan" <lenaghan@mts.net> wrote in message
> > Not sure what you mean by type of mailbox?
> >
> > Steve L.
> >
> > "neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
> >
> > > What type of mailbox do you have?  The reason that I ask is that offline
> > > storage tables (ost) is only supported when your mailbox is provided by
> > > microsoft exchange server and said mail is kept on the server.
> > > --
> > > Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
> > > w/out reading.
> > >
> > > "Steve Lenaghan" <lenaghan@mts.net> wrote in message
> that

0
lenaghan (39)
10/20/2003 2:49:09 PM
In which case you can't use offline storage tables.  (wasn't designed to
support pop/imap/smtp users.)

--

> it's a POP/SMTP system
>
> "neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
>
> > How do you connect to your mailbox?  (POP/SMTP, IMAP/SMTP, .etc)
> > --
> > Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
> > w/out reading.
> >
> > "Steve Lenaghan" <lenaghan@mts.net> wrote in message
> > > Not sure what you mean by type of mailbox?
> > >
> > > Steve L.

> > that

0
neo5748 (288)
10/22/2003 12:10:11 AM
Thanks anyway.  The system I have now seems to be adequate, I was just exploring
other ways.  Now if someone could mirror portions of my workstation real time to
a volume on my Netware server...

Steve L.

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

> In which case you can't use offline storage tables.  (wasn't designed to
> support pop/imap/smtp users.)
>
> --
> Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
> w/out reading.
>
> "Steve Lenaghan" <lenaghan@mts.net> wrote in message
> > it's a POP/SMTP system
> >
> > "neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
> >
> > > How do you connect to your mailbox?  (POP/SMTP, IMAP/SMTP, .etc)
> > > --
> > > Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
> > > w/out reading.
> > >
> > > "Steve Lenaghan" <lenaghan@mts.net> wrote in message

> offline
> by
> deleted

> recommended
> > > that

> be

0
lenaghan (39)
10/22/2003 7:59:31 AM
novell's ifolder is the closest thing that comes to mind and it requires a
newer version of the novell operating system. (and even then i would test
this in lab to see what type of performance hit will be taking when trying
to sync a largish' pst file. say +500mb.)

--

> Thanks anyway.  The system I have now seems to be adequate, I was just
exploring
> other ways.  Now if someone could mirror portions of my workstation real
time to
> a volume on my Netware server...
>
> Steve L.
>
> "neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
>
> > In which case you can't use offline storage tables.  (wasn't designed to
> > support pop/imap/smtp users.)
> >
> > --
> > Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted
> > w/out reading.
> >
> > "Steve Lenaghan" <lenaghan@mts.net> wrote in message
> > > it's a POP/SMTP system

> > offline
> > by
> > deleted

Novell
> > recommended

> > be

0
neo5748 (288)

Is there ANY possibility to view embedded PDF object in XLS file after when this xls file is digitally signed?
Hello, I created an XLS file with an embedded pdf object. I can view this object when I double click on its icon. However, if I sign this xls file, I am no longer able to view this embedded PDF object. If I double click on its icon, nothing happen. I am concerned in this last two days with no results. I appreciated any advice. Mike ...

Server backup
Hi, I have a question how to organize backup server for Greate Plains or Greate Plains Basic. I have 2 servers. There is GPB on server1. How to copy and synchronize data that I can easily switch from one server to another, if for example something happened with server1. I have 2 DNS connections on each workstation: GPB (on server1) and GPB Backup (on server2) I've tried to create replication (standard SQL Server feature) from server1 to server2, but have several problems: when something failed on server1 on trigger procedures, I can't recreate it, because replication has created additi...

Expost Outlook PST file to Outlook 2002 PST file
I have a customer who has bought a copy of Office 2003 which he has now decided he doesn't like!! He has asked me to return his system to his old Office XP Professional. No problem except for one thing - I exported his PST file from Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) and tried to import it toOutlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) and the result was that Outlook 2002 doesn't recognise the format of the Outlook 2003 PST file! My customer isn't impressed!! Does nyone any ideas on how I can either export the file in a format that will be recognised AND keep all his folders and messages where t...

Moving my Outlook files to new computer
How can I move my Outlook 2003 files (Contacts, Calendar, mail, etc) to a new computer? ...

importing multiple text files???
Hi, I am experiencing a big problem. As a part of my analysis for PhD I have to analyze more then 1000 files. The data that I have is in text files. To be more precise, I have 5 different data sets, from different meteo centres, each centre has a data set of 365 files for each day during the year. The format of text files is something as following: Camborne Met. Office WINDS rev 4.1 50.20 -5.30 88 02 01 01 00 00 23 0 29 3 35 07:09 (3.0) 07:09 (3.0) 06:08 (3.0) 284 284 65 65 400 400 23 23 12.5 12.5 1 1500 1500 35 35 400 400 43 90.0 43 74.5 313 74.5 HT SPD DIR Radials... 0.101 9.8 113 0.0...

Opening tab-delimited files in Excel... how to stop the autoformat of dates?
Hello, I'm doing bioinformatics work in which I often download tab-delimited files describing genomes and open them in Excel. Unfortunately, Excel decides that genes with names like APR1 and SEP7 are actually dates, and reformats them as such. This is a huge headache, as I often don't notice these problems until much later. Is there anyway to completely disable this date autoformatting? I've searched high and low and have yet to find a solution. Thanks! P.S. I'm using Excel 2002 -- salamander ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sa...

mailboxes are getting larger on Exchange Server
Dear all, I ve a problem in my exchange server 2003. * The mailboxes are getting larger and although i m delvering the mails to PST files *Many mailboxes shows that they r above the limit "mailbox disabled" .... i m using a quata for the mailboxes. and by browsing the mailbox i dont c any thing in the mail box from the user's side ... the only solution is to expand the its quota then it returns to normale stauts very strange!! Note: I m taking backup every day "the normal backup size was 17 GB after that its 65 GB" *It only took one day to get to the 65...

Saving Excel workbook in SQL server using c#
Could anyone please help me out as to how we can save the excel workbook in the database and read it back. I was able to convert the text files and image files into binary format and save them to the DB and finally able to retrive them back in the same format. But was unable to do same for the excel object. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, regards, jitender ...

Missing Information after server migration to Exch 2003
I'm consulting at a company and they asked me to look at two problems they're having. However I do not know much about Exchange. This all happened before I worked there. As it was explained to me, they had Exchange 2000 running on a server. They got a new server with Exchange 2003. Everything was moved over to the new server. The old server was 'shut down'. Actually, the server is still up (a DC) but Exchange was un-installed. Problem 1: They had delegates set up for their calendars. They're all gone. Nobody can access anybody else information. Is there a way other ...

Server-side solution for disabling Outlook stationery
We're running an Exchange 2000 mail server, with users accessing their mailboxes via Outlook 2000 or 2002. We'd like to find a way to either disable e-mail stationery use from the server, or prevent outgoing mail from containing stationery, again from the server. Have tried a few ideas so far, with no success. Telling users to stop using stationery is an option we'd like to avoid (we're rather non-confrontational). We prefer to stop it from the back end. Any ideas? Jim Minardo Field Technician IC-2000 ...

Want COM Server
Hi all from Spain, I usually create a coClass that is instantiated many times, every time you call "coCreateInstance" the aplication class and the coClass constructors are called, so a new object is being created. I wander if it's posible to create a "singleton" COM Object, so that the object is not created every time y call for the interface...the reason is that I need an object that maintain in memory some data only 1 time (because the amount of memory needed). do you know if that could be done? regards, Alberto. IrvingWashington wrote: > Hi all from Spain,...

File Association in Dialog-Based Application
Has anyone seen any info on how to associated a file type with my dialog-based application? In order to use RegisterShellFileTypes(), I must add my document template using AddDocTemplates(). But AddDocTemplates() can't be called without a CDocument class. Thanks for any thoughts. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com >Has anyone seen any info on how to associated a file type with my >dialog-based application? > >In order to use RegisterShellFileTypes(), I must add my document template >using AddDocTemplates(). But AddDocTemplates() ...

Fax Server SBS2003 and CRM PRO 3.0
Hi I have 2 server 2003, one is a SBS2003 Standard with exchange and Fax service of Microsoft and one is Windows Server 2003 Standard with SQL 2005 and CRM 3.0. I have this problem ..... how i can send the Fax from the SBS2003 in the CRM 3.0? there is a router for the fax at the same of router for enchange? Thanks ...

ACH file incorrect
The bank says our ach file is incorrect. It should begin with 522 and end with 822 and it begins with 520 and ends with 820. Does anyone know where or what I need to change to get this the file to display correctly. Thanks for any input Brandon ...

Obtaining Path of the file/folder ?
Hi I have an mfc dialog based demo application. I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Explorer's context menu, which i m able to successfully by making some additions to the registry. Now whenever the user right clicks on some folder/file,the context menu displays my application's entry which gets executed when the user clicks on it. How can i obtain the path of the file/folder on which the user right clicked ? Waiting for suggestions Regards >I have an mfc dialog based demo application. >I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Expl...

Disabling Unicode Messaging
Apparently Exchange 2003 uses Unicode Messaging which previous versions of Exch did not. Now that we have migrated all of our users from Exch 2000 to 2003 their OST files will not work. We have no need for Unicode messaging so rather than rebuilding all of our User's Outlook Profile we would rather simply "disable" Unicode Messaging on the Exch Server. Does anyone have any idea how to do that? Can it be done once the server is in use and has 150+ mailboxes on it Thanks for any input Michael ...

.XLB file corrupted often
The excel.xlb file is getting currupted every week or so. Once replaced w. a good version things work fine for a while. Any suggestions on premenent fixes or what is possibly corrupting it. Thanks for any suggestions Hi Andrew, One possibility is some rogue VBA code which is customising menus/toolbars and not undoing its work properly. If this is the case then yoour XLB file can get larger and larger until it falls over. If you are running any VBA code or using addins check that they have a workbook_close routine that removes any changes to menus/toolbars they have made. hth Charles...

Are there functions/Or Events that are called automatically when the database file first opens and When it closes?
All, I'm assuming its "Public Function init_something()" but I can't seem to find a reference to the correct syntax. I'm using Access 2007. Basically what I'm trying to do is initialize a list of global variables and I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Option Compare Database Public VariableName As String 'Call Init - Will throw an error 'VariableName = "Hello World" - Will throw an error Option Explicit Public Function Init() VariableName = "Hello World" End Function Private Sub btName_Click() ...

PLEASE explain xmlDocument on server, but the html transform on client???
If someone could just explain this to me...I just don't get it! I have an aspx page where I retrieve several session variables and use xmlDocument to transform xml file with xsl file into an instruction document (not data based) - same as using an xml web control. The resulting html is on the client? but what about the server side of things? Trying to figure out how to change and save the xmlDocument. It I put a button OUTSIDE of the html transform but inside the aspx page, could I change and save the xmlDoc that way? Sorry to be so dense about this...PLEASE help me out with explanation...

outlook 2003 folders cannot be opened server not available
i haved had office 2003 for a 2 weeks and suddenly it come up with a error " cannot start microsoft office outlook. unable to open the outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contant your administrator if thi condition persists" Can anybody plese help. I have tried to repair it and reinstall it. Under Control Panel->Mail Icon, what type of mail account(s) do you have installed? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal ac...

Money 4.0 file transfer to Money Essentials
I am getting an error message when I try to import my Money 4.0 backup file to Money Essentials program on my new PC. Are the 2 version incompatible? =?Utf-8?B?Y21nZnVzYQ==?= <cmg_fusa@yahoo.com> wrote in news:E3AD8366-ED94-4625-A534-C0CCA8F3DBA8@microsoft.com: > I am getting an error message when I try to import my Money 4.0 > backup file to Money Essentials program on my new PC. Are the 2 > version incompatible? Yes. Money Essentials is incompatible with everything. Take it back and get Money Plus. -- Steve B. New Life Home Improvement In microsoft.public.money, cm...

Rules Wizard on server
Hi! I have some groupmailboxes that I need to add "rules" on. My problem is that it's about 20 of them and I don't want to log in to each and every account and change it that way. Is there any way on the server to add rules to an account? Windows 2000 Server Exhange 2000 Reg J�rgen Persson Hi, no, you cannot add rules to individual mailboxes! The only mean should be with OWA on the server, but you must do that one by one! Another possibility, you can create "Event sinks" (scripts) to test some conditions (users...) and do some actions directly on the s...

outlook cannot find exchange server
I am trying to configure my client computer with outlook 2002 to the SBServer, and it resolves my name and password, but when it gets to the point where it needs to configure my outlook, it gives an error message that Exchange is not available or it is down for maintenance, can anyone help with this problem? I acn connect to the server for everything else including the internet Thank you What type of authentication do you have set for Outlook? Try using none and see if that works. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After ...

Re: Outlook client installation error (file or assembly name not found) (solved)
"Steve Yates" <steve@teamITS.com> wrote in message news:... > We have one PC that gets the following error and can't get past the system > requirements phase of the desktop client installation: > > "Microsoft CRM Client for Outlook Setup User Input > File or assembly name 9o3db28v.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not > found." > > (the file name is random and changes on every installation attempt). Any > suggestions? The user has tried repairing and reinstalling Office, > installing and uninstalling .NET 2.0, verifying/empytin...

jpeg files
Hi, I find that jpeg files always displayed as attachment in outlook2003. Compared to outlook express where i can see the picture without double clicking on it to view it. How can i configure outlook2003 to work like outlook express? thanks I have Outlook 2002, but if 2003 works the same . . . Instead of ATTACHING the jpeg, got the INSERT menu and choose PICTURE. That will place the picture in the body of the message. Pat >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I find that jpeg files always displayed as attachment in outlook2003. >Compared to outlook express where i can see t...