OL2000 e-mail attachment

I have a peculiar problem with e-mail attachments:

When I receive an e-mail with an attachment (.jpg format) from my own
mobile phone, the attachment does not appear in the e-mail.  Outlook
simply does not acknowledge that the attachment exists at all - there's
no paper clip icon in the Inbox list and no attachment listed in the
e-mail.  The size of the e-mail message indicates there is an attachment
and in fact, the attachment is there--I can forward the e-mail to
another recipient and they receive it normally, and they can then
forward it back to me and I receive it normally.

I already reviewed the issue with my mobile phone provider and checked
to see if I can send an image from my phone to another recipient and
found that they receive it normally.

Any help would be appreciated.

Forward E-mails without attachments
I've just installed 3 blackberry devices within one of my clients and this is working fine with a contact created and forwarding all mail to that address as well as to his own inbox. My question is regarding attachments - is there any way that I can restrict the forwarding e-mail size or remove attachments over a certain size, but still receive the full message in their exchange mailbox to get to later? Many thanks in advance. Simon Gurner ...

Cannot receive some mail
Hello, I am new here and this looks like a great forum. The problem I am having is my wife and I both have Outlook and Outlook Express and we cannot receive an email from a particular email address. We get other mail but not this one. I have sprained my brain trying to figure this out. I hope someone can please help. Thank You BobbyS -- BobbyS "BobbyS" <BobbyS.36208ef@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:BobbyS.36208ef@outlookbanter.com... > I am new here and this looks like a great forum. The problem I am > having is my wife and I both have Outlook and Ou...

A "header" attachment sends with every email (???)
The recipients of my Outlook 2003 emails tell me that they receive a 1KB attachement labeled "header" with all the emails I send to them. The attachment consists only of a few lines. What's up? Thanks! are you using word as your editor and do you have word set up with a default header? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.g...

please take my address off your mailing list
i can not get any of the patches please take my name off your list There is no mailing list. This is usenet. If you used your real email address, change it or get used to it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, huey asked: | i can not get any of the patches please take my name off | your list ...

missing mail #3
Hi My outlook 2003 inbox has lost thousands of email, up till last few weeks. Must have hit a key accidentally, but not in deleted folder and not archived.. any other ideas thanks tim Have you checked to make sure you didn't accidentally switch your folder view(s) to a filtered view that might be hiding the older items? (You can also make sure you're not sorting on the Icon column.) Also, have you tried doing an Advanced Find to see if the items were moved to other folders? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- ...

Attaching Files
I am trying to attach an Excel File to my e-mail newsletter using the hyperlink, but, although I can open it, most of the newsletter recipients cannot. I have made sure the file I am attaching is one which is in our group network, but it still doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas?? Why do people keep trying to use a DESKTOP PUBLISHING aplication to generate EMAILS and send them. Use an EMAIL Application please. John G. "summerda" <summerda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B598EF1-7B99-4FB4-A13F-CA6424E62A46@microsoft.com... >I am trying to ...

Can I send Direct Mail with an Attachment?
We have CRM 1.2 Customer Service Professonal We want to send out monthly reports attached to emails. We were told that this was possible in MS CRM but Direct Mail doesn't give you an option to attach a document. I created a list of customers who are to recieve the report but when I use the list to display the 900+ recipients and create an activity I can only select the 50 I see on the screen and not the full 900. Even changing the number of items listed only gives me 100. Has anyone solved this problem? We replaced an aging ACT installation but now my users are screaming for me to give i...

How do you change the max allowable size of attachments to records?
Subject says it. How do you change the max allowable size of attachments to records? TIA Antony Hi Antony, You can specify the size of the attachment in registry settings -> maxuploadfilesize. HTH, Niths "Antony" wrote: > Subject says it. How do you change the max allowable size of attachments to > records? TIA > Antony > ...

Downloading attachment : File Download Failure
Hi all, I am trying to download attachment from Campaign Activity using the following C# code (made out of SDK sample): ___________________________ WebClient webClient = new WebClient(); webClient.Credentials = CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials; string url = "http://crm:5555/Activities/Attachment/download.aspx?AttachmentType=4402&AttachmentId=" + noteId.ToSring(); byte[] bData = webClient.DownloadData(url); ___________________________ I always get "File Download Failure" page. Running the same URL in IE on the server produces the same result. Am I doing something...

Adding an attachment to a custom form in Outlook 98
I am using Outlook 98. I have a custom response form that I wish to use and would like to fix an attachment to this form. I would like to have only the To, CC and a message field available for input. I can do all but add the attachment . Can anyone assist? ...

Converting old DAO syntax (i.e. Openquerydef)
I have been called to convert an old Access 97 database to Access 2003. I haven't worked in Access for a long time and would appreciate a push in the right direction. I've converting the data and code databases and got them linked. When I compile the code, it stops on the OpenQueryDef line: Set qs = db.OpenQueryDef("qryAppend Billed_Fees Snapshot") qs.Parameters("FisYear") = FisYear qs.Execute qs.Close How do I re-write this? There are dozens of them in the whole project. I know it might use CreateQueryDef but is there anything else besides replacing...

Attachments #60
Attachments arrive but are greyed out and I can not access them, this is a brand new installation, would appreciate help pointing to where I can correct this. Many thanks Richard Is this in Outlook or Outlook Express? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:b75001c3ed5d$28361400$a101280a@phx.gbl, Richard Lisowski wrote: > Attachments arrive but are greyed out and I can not > access them, this is a brand new installation, would > appreciate ...

Cannot See New Mail Item in Outlook 2007 IMAP Accounts
Hello, I have a few IMAP accounts where everything works with the accounts until at some point in time I can no longer see new mail item in the folders of the IMAP accounts. The Send/Receive synchronizations are successful. I have tried: - Forcing the IMAP accounts to re-sync. - Forcing the subscribed IMAP folders to re-sync. - Running scanpst repeatedly on the PST files used by the IMAP accounts until no error is shown. I still cannot see any new mail item in Outlook for the IMAP folders. I double-check and I find the new mail items using the web interface of the email ...

Always restarting Exchange before sending/receiving mails
I always have to restart the Exchange Server before some of our branches can send and receive mails using POP3.The Branches have their seperate DC's which are also global catalog servers. What could be the cause of this? We run Exchange 2003 Server on Windows Server 2003.The DC's are also Windows Server 2003 DC's.Thanks for your help. Regards -- Buchi On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:30:11 -0700, "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I always have to restart the Exchange Server before some of our branches can >send and receive mails using POP3.The...

How to stop inbound mail sent from invalid domains
I'm aware of senderID in Exch2003 SP2. I'm also aware that this does not solve my problem. We are getting hammered with spam...sent from fnord. Example: FROM: sdlkfjsd@udududud.tuuuu TO: ValidUser@MyCompany.com I understand that senderID is used to stop forgery (if the world+dog added SFP info to DNS zone and they have not yet) but SenderID goes above and beyond what I'm looking for...I'm asking for something more basic. How to I get exchange to drop email sent such that the server email address's domain is totally bogus? (Forget SPF records...the domain does not eve...

can't send attachments to specific recipient
User has Outlook 2003+SP2. For some reason, when he sends emails to his home account (RoadRunner) from his work account, the message arrives but no attachments are included. He can send attachments to anyone else, both internal to our system and external. I can send emails with attachments to his RR account from my work account, and he gets the attachments. Here's a kicker: if he uses our Outlook Web Access to send an email with attachments to his RR account, HE GETS THE ATTACHMENTS. I can find no setting anywhere in Outlook that would prevent sending attachments to a particular recipie...

unsafe attachments #4
When I tried to send my step daughter an attachment of MSN it said Outlook had blocked the potentially unsafe attachment. How do I set Outlook to allow me to send the files that I want? Can't I somehow set up Outlook to notify me if something might be unsafe, but to let me decide how to handle it? Unblocking it on your computer doesn't unblock it for the recipient. The best thing to do is to send it in a Zip-file. For more info see; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/blockedattachments.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook ...

Outbound mail routing
I am converting to an in house exchange 2003 server from a hosted service. I would like to forward the mail from the hosted service to the exchange server, that part works fine. However I have not converted all my users over yet and mail that i send them from my exchange account never reaches there hosted account just there exchange account. Check this out http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721/en-us Nue "Alex Baker" <Alex Baker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:171675A9-2464-4857-B89A-CAF3D0CF4705@microsoft.com... >I am converting to an in house exc...

deleted mail
I would like to know if mail messages in outlook can be permanently deleted from the inbox rather than sending the message to the deleted folder and then deleting the message. Yes--Hold down the Shift key when you press Delete. "Richard Mahan Sr" wrote: > I would like to know if mail messages in outlook can be permanently deleted > from the inbox rather than sending the message to the deleted folder and > then deleting the message. > > > ...

Why can't i receive e-mails
i just installed Office Pro, I can send e-mails but cannot receive them. Can someone tell me what setting I need to adjust. Thanks Crystal ball foggy. Which email app, and what version. err msgs? Did you previously have email access? How did you set it up - email app? "autorepmike" <autorepmike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D5B0FCF-EF39-416C-B11F-EF98D7406E99@microsoft.com... > i just installed Office Pro, I can send e-mails but cannot receive them. Can > someone tell me what setting I need to adjust. > > Thanks ...

Import contacts from Windows Mail
I have my Windows Mail contacts in a .csv file. How do I import them into Word? "Gaybinator" <Gaybinator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DA0388F-82FF-4FCE-9CFA-64FB3BFB88DB@microsoft.com... > I have my Windows Mail contacts in a .csv file. How do I import them into > Word? Eh? You could open the csv file in Excel, save as a text file and open that in Word. Why exactly do you want to do this? ...

external mail certificates ol2002 exchange2000
Hallo, I'm trying to add thawte certificates on outgoing mail in sent from my outlook 2002 clients. No no success, because exchange tells me that "Your Digital ID name cannot be found by the underlying security system" If I set up an internal Certificate Authoritity with windows 2000, it works correctly and has no problems at all, but these certificates is for local use and not globally trusted. I has seen similar problem posted by Joris, somebosy knows how to solve it? Does Exchange require something to point to somewhere in the AD? thank you marco ...

Use Vista to restore windows mail from backup
I use Vista 32bit backup to backup my computer. Vista 32 bit backup is not a disk image backup. I will be reinstalling everything on my computer. I use Vista Windows Mail that came with my computer for my email. How do I use Vista restore from my latest backup to restore my emails and contacts and email accounts POP/SMTP settings? I assume Vista 32 bit backup backs this up. Vista help does not specifically address this. Thank You for your Help. Bob Background info: I have a desktop AMD 4400+ 64X2 4GB memory 320GB HD(way bigger than I need) Acer computer (AM3100-U3201A) I...

Outlook junk mail update failed k6870765
I cannot run the update k6870765. This fails through the office update wizard and the fullfile update. Fullfile update error message is Error 2902. Internal error has occurred. Ixf Assembly copy k6870765. Anyone know why this happens? ...

Remove attachments when forwarding
Hello, I am forwarding one users email to his blackberry. His blackberry has a 10mb limit. Is there any way to remove attachments before the email is forwarded. He would still need the attachments to go to his exchange mailbox. Any thoughts or ideas? thanks Modify the IT Policy in Blackberry Manager..... "MPierce" <MPierce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77CA1130-933B-42A5-A23C-B43A65F0E069@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I am forwarding one users email to his blackberry. His blackberry has a > 10mb > limit. Is there any way to remove att...