OL2000 Attachment Security

Just decided to try the SR updates which I have been avoiding due to lack of
flexibility with attachments. Have all SR updates installed. Made reg.
changes, HKEY...\Office\9.0\Outlook\Security, string value-Level1Remove,
mod. with [ .exe;.com ], restart. It still blocks attachments. How can I fix
this? Trying not to have to uninstall updates. Win. xp pro, office2000.

Did you follow the directions here:?
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Tazz D. <david.belt@verizon.net> asked:

| Just decided to try the SR updates which I have been avoiding due to
| lack of flexibility with attachments. Have all SR updates installed.
| Made reg. changes, HKEY...\Office\9.0\Outlook\Security, string
| value-Level1Remove, mod. with [ .exe;.com ], restart. It still blocks
| attachments. How can I fix this? Trying not to have to uninstall
| updates. Win. xp pro, office2000.

0
MillyS1 (1480)

mail with big attachment cant be sent
hi everyone, i have an exchange 5.5 server. every time that i am trying to sent mail with attachment bigger than 900k i recieve the folloing message: "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 11/12/2003 10:27 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'kadum_le@yahoo.com' on 11/12/2003 10:28 Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=BOOKTTCUK;l=MAILTTC-031211102658Z-9717 MSEXCH:IMS:BOOKTTCUK:London:MA...

Emails containing emails as attachments
Hello all - I've got a mildly irritating problem with CRM 3.0: Customers occasionally send us an email that contains another email as an attachment. Using Outlook, you can see - and open - this attachment in the incoming Exchange mailbox, but the copy that is sent to the CRM system (using the email router) arrives without the attachment. Other attachment types - Word or Excel files, PDFs, etc - get through to CRM without problems. Has anyone come across this problem before, and is there a way to fix it? Robert T. Fleming ...

Securing emails between two companies
I need to come up with some options on securing email communications between two domains (companies) that are wanting to email data that needs to be secured. There are HIPAA requirements that need to be met. They do not want to share any other data at this point. Both organizations are running Exchange 2003. They do share some infrastructure and have their networks separated via VLANs. They both have their own internet connections. I am currently looking at setting up SMTP connectors. Am I going down the right path, or is there a better option? Thanks! an smtp connector should work i...

SMTP abruptly dies after installing Windows Update security patch.
All I'm having a strange problem with my SMTP abruptly dieing. My Outlook 2002 sp2 is able to receive but abruptly stopped being able to send through SMTP last week after running Microsoft Update and installing recent security patches and installing Norton Antivirus. I've uninstalled NAV and rolled back the security patches but am still unable to send through SMTP. I'm using 2 different SMTP servers both with authorization on private servers (not ISP) with settings that worked up until last week. I've tried with a different machine, same settings work fine. I'm runnin...

creating a rule to print attachments
Good morning, All! I am having a problem with the following rule creation: If I receive an e-mail that has an attachment (let's just limit this to .pdf files for the moment...I am sure that there is a flaw in that thought-process...I am more interested in the rules creation thought-process at the moment) and I would like to print both the e-mail itself and the accompanying attachment how do I do that? I can print just the e-mail no problem. I can open Adobe Acrobat Reader no problem. However, I can not get Adobe Reader to open that specific attachment and I can not get that atta...

Slow opening messages with attachments
In recent days, my OL 2003 install has begun to "hang" on any message with an attachment. It takes 30-45 sec to open any message with an attachment (5k text fiels take just as long as 5M PDFs). No difference whether using preview pane or not - as soon as I try tio look a tht emessage, it's coffee break time. AFAIK, I haven't done anything to trigger this - no recent updates, no config changes, etc. Attemptintg to resolve this I've tried the following: - Cleaned up & compacted the .PST file - Disabled "IM integration" - Renamed the outcmd.dat file None of...

WinMail.Dat Attachments Between InterOffice Users...
Hi All, we have two exchange server 2003 servers. one in NY and one in London. client is running outlook 2003. the two offices are connected via a WAN Link. when one user sends a big (over 7-8mb) power point presentation from one office to another user in the other office, the recepient gets a winmail.dat attachment instead of the ppt attachment. these emails are not going over the internet. when they send small attachments, no problems occur. Both offices are using Rich Text Format to send emails. when using html format, it works sometimes and sometimes it does not and the user g...

Handler for Outlook attachments
The default handler for JPEG files on my system (XP) is the Windows Picture and Fax viewer. If I click on a JPEG (JPG) file, the picture and fax viewer opens that file (picture) by default. BUT, if I click on a JPEG (JPG) attachment in an outlook E-Mail, it opens with Corel Photo-Paint instead of the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Clearly, the "file association" used by outlook to open attachments is different from the overall Windows XP "file association" for the same filetype. How can I change this behavior so that the Windows default handler for the filetype ...

how to put a sent email as attachment
I want to put a set email as attachment & send to someone, but I don't know how to do it, can anyone help?? Open the message | click on Message | Forward as attachment Yokee wrote: > I want to put a set email as attachment & send to someone, but I don't > know > how to do it, can anyone help?? Right click on the message and select Forward as attachment. "Yokee" <yokeekwan@hotmail.com.> wrote in message news:E8E84C9C-78AE-4332-AEA7-453C080BDBEE@microsoft.com... >I want to put a set email as attachment & send to someone, but I...

How to make printed email header include list of attachments
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop This may be the thing I miss most since my IT guy got me to switch from dear Eudora. I don't print out email unless I must, but it's really annoying that the list of attachments doesn't appear. Please help! On 2/25/10 9:07 AM, dufois@officeformac.com wrote: > but it's really annoying that the list of attachments doesn't appear. > Please help! See if this script will help: Print Message w-Attach X 1.0.2 http://scriptbuilders.net/files/printmessagewattachx1.0.2.ht...

Animation only working as an attachment, not embedded in a message
Something very odd has just happened. I made a gif animation (11 frames). Then, in Windows Live Mail (Windows 7): New>Insert>Image>in line to embed it into the body of the message, as I have done many times before, without any problems, using Outlook Express. The file size was 1.53MB. I sent the message to myself to see what it looked like and it arrived as 317KB, meaning it just showed a static image (1 frame), no animation. When I send it as an attachment there is no problem. I sent the embedded version to my husband, who uses Vista and it didn't work there eith...

Location of attachment files
I need to locate and recover attachment files from Outlook on an old=20 disk that is no longer the boot disk. How can I do this? Background: This is a Windows 2000 system with Office XP and the source disk had=20 Office 2000. An employee purchased a new system and needed to=20 migrate. I used Outlooks Export function to create backup.pst of all=20 folders and subfolders. I did not know the user kept their attachments=20 with the original emails. Now the user can not locate the files = although=20 there is a file path in attachment properties. Thanks Jeff >I need to locate and recove...

Check this security patch from the Microsoft Corp.
--vxjtalqf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bwtnjblnzwcm"; type="multipart/alternative" --bwtnjblnzwcm Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="hzqtbvwx" --hzqtbvwx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from these vulnerabilities, t...

Unable to view .jpg attachment

Missing RTF File Attachment
Hi Guys Not sure where to post this one, so I've posted here and microsoft.public.exchange. Please don't flame me for cross-posting. One of my users is experiencing a strange email problem. We have Exchange 5.5 running on NT4. Mail client is Outlook 2000. When this user sends his customer an email with an RTF file attached, the recipient gets the message but the attachment is missing, with no indication of why e.g. no message from firewall, AV etc... However, if the user resends the same message by forwarding it to the same recipient from his Sent Items folder, then the recipient in...

Attachments stripped from email
I have two exchange enterprise servers in my LAN, one Exchange 2000 and one exchange 2003. When a user on the Exchange 2000 server sends a message with attachments to a user on the Exchange 2003 server the attachments are unreadable. The error message is "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Has anyone seen this and if so how to you fix the problem? Anything in App Event log on either server? Tom wrote: > I have two exchange enterprise servers in my LAN, one Exchange 2000 > and one exchange 2003. When a user on the Exchange 2000 server sends a > message wi...

OE removing "unsafe" attachments
Just starting using Outlook Express as my mail client at home and am having a problem with it removing attachments that I didn't configure it to. For example, I emailed myself a powerpoint presentation from my work email to home. When I opened the email there was a message above the address header that said: "OE has removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail" followed by the filename of the attachment. With the exception of a jpg, OE has deleted (or removed access to) EVERY attachment I've gotten. I attempted searching for various permutations ...

Adding Annotation Attachments in CRM 4.0
I have having a hard time figuring out how to upload a file to an annotation from code in CRM 4.0. It appears that the old UploadFromBase64 etc is no longer in the API. Any ideas? Thanks Nevermind, I figured it out. You just have to send the encoded file to the documentbody property. ...

Allowing access to blocked attachments
With Outlook 2002, my attachents are blocked due to downloading "fixes".....I need access to all attachments. What is the simplest way to undo what the security fix blocked....and allow immediate access to my attachments. Don ...

Have I got a security problem in Outlook XP (2002)?
My Tracking Option regarding Read Receipts is set to "Always Ask" (I have also tested with Never Send but get the same result). I use a macro to delete the emails which have been designated SPAM by my email server which uses the .Remove method. I have noticed that a very small percentage of emails still manage to send off emails, to seemingly random addresses with "NOT READ" prefixed infront of the original subject of the email, when they are deleted. The emails which are sent contain information which I can not read. I have tried manually deleting the original emai...

Bad attachments.
Hello, We are running exchange server 2003 on a windows 2k server Sp4. We have a customer using a Linux based email server, all attachments we receive from this customer are not usable and cannot be opened with their respective programs. For example, MS Word attachment are not readable. Is there something we can do to our sever to receive attachment correctly? or this is a problem on our customer's end? thank you in advance. If you receive attachments from all other domains then more than likely the problem is on the remote domain. You can use ARCHIVESINK or NETMON to get a better u...

FRx
I am trying to set up FRx so we can email our reports. When I try the "Enable e-mail" option on the E-mail options tab, I get the error "E-mail does not appear to be installed on your system. Please install e-mail and then try this operation again." Question 1 - How do I install e-mail? We have outlook. My first theory was that I needed to enable FRx security so I can add the user's email address. I tried going to Admin -> Organization -> FRx security and checked the FRx security box with the Use Network Id option selected. When I click ok on the organizatio...

attachements on emails
Outlook exspress has denied me access to all attachments on incoming emails how do I lower this security level I already have virus protection. I hope someone can help me with this problem thanks in advance. Rod Thompson Hi, Rod. You need to find the newsgroup for Outlook Express. They are the experts on that. This group is for Outlook which is completely different. Good luck! nptexas >-----Original Message----- >Outlook exspress has denied me access to all attachments >on incoming emails how do I lower this security level I >already have virus protection. > >...

Attaching tracking/project numbers to email messages?
We use a trouble ticket/project tracking application at work. I was wondering if there is an easy way to configure some sort of custom menu or command that would allow me to easily attach or associate an email message with a 4-digit project ticket number? I'm using Outlook 2002 Right now, I'm just editing the email message and adding the 4 digit number to the end of the subject line. ...

Questions on data security
Hi, if i set all MsOutlook client in my 2000 network with Exchange2003 in "Offline use" what can be the advantages and the disadvatages ? I say this because i think that in this mode is possible to have a double security backup, one in each client on the network and one on the type of my server. Is it correct my opinion ? What do you think ? Thanks a lot The advantage would be faster local access and less stress on the server. This is also ideal with servers located in remote offices or saturated networks. The disadvantages is a latency in delivery (delivery notification is n...