OL 97: Control-C, X, and V don't work in XP!

Only a genius will figure this one out ... Installed
Outlook 97 in Windows XP, everything works fine -- but for
some reason, the Copy/Cut/Paste shortcuts (ctrl-C, ctrl-X,
ctrl-V) don't work in Calendar mode.  When I use ctrl-X,
the little scissor icon flashes, so SOMETHING's being sent
to the clipboard, but ctrl-V does not paste anything.
When I press Ctrl-C and try to copy an appointment to
another day, a duplicate copy of the appointment appears
on the same day of the first appointment!

Please help!
0
i7ifn6e02 (1)

OL 97: Control-C, X, and V don't work in XP!
Only a genius will figure this one out ... Installed Outlook 97 in Windows XP, everything works fine -- but for some reason, the Copy/Cut/Paste shortcuts (ctrl-C, ctrl-X, ctrl-V) don't work in Calendar mode. When I use ctrl-X, the little scissor icon flashes, so SOMETHING's being sent to the clipboard, but ctrl-V does not paste anything. When I press Ctrl-C and try to copy an appointment to another day, a duplicate copy of the appointment appears on the same day of the first appointment! Please help! ...

How do I change the default color of the tag for insert c... #2
This issue has me perplexed. I don't enjoy the default red color tag while doing an insert comment. Does anyone know how to change the default color? Thanks in advance. You can't change the color. You could use the Drawing Tools to draw a tiny little triangle over it (or them) and then give it a fill color. See http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments01.html for more on comments. tj "ntwrkengnr@hotmail.com" wrote: > This issue has me perplexed. I don't enjoy the default red color tag while > doing an insert comment. Does anyone know how to change the default c...

How do I create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)?
I want to create a WBS using Excel and roll up the effort points. Whoever helped you post this question, have them help you do a google search on "WBS Excel" "Brian 76" wrote: > I want to create a WBS using Excel and roll up the effort points. On Dec 4, 10:26=A0am, Brian 76 <Brian 7...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to create a WBS using Excel and roll up the effort points. Be sure you are using the WBS correctly! I cover using excel for this in my WBS Training at http://WBSCoach.com Josh Nankivel ...

Removing a control from the Controls Toolbox
How do I remove a custom control from the controls toolbox in VS 6? ...

VS2008 C# solution
I added in my VS2008 C# solution a new dll but its output is created only in its own directory and not copied to the main executable project. Is there any idea please? Thanks Morris On 20/01/2010 in message <uf6oNYbmKHA.5040@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl> Morris wrote: >I added in my VS2008 C# solution a new dll but its output is created only >in its own directory and not copied to the main executable project. >Is there any idea please? >Thanks >Morris You need to add a reference to the dll in your main project. -- Jeff Gaines Dorset UK If it's no...

#VALUE! error: vlookup works in Excel 2000 but not 2003
Hi, My client has a spreadsheet which works fine in Excel 2000 but when opened with Excel 2003 it populates the pages with #VALUE! and the best I can tell is that the problem is with the following formulas. Can anyone advise if they have seen this before. I am unable to post their file but this is the code that I think is a bit suspect. =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(B14,'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\[Price List 040301.xls]Items'!$A:$M,11,FALSE))=TRUE,"",VLOOKUP(B14,'C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\[Price List 040301.xls]Items'!$A:$M,11,FALSE...

IE8 gives"stopped working" message when I close tabs
I've seen a lot of people complaining about this but no fixes. When I close an open explorer window, I get a message that IE has stopped working and it is searching for a fix, then a box to close the program. So far, I have reset all the defaults for IE8 and tried using IE without any add-ons. It works correctly without add-ons. The only changes to the computer in the last few days have been: download a driver scanner which installed the Ask add-on, updated something from Adobe, and the automatic Windows update ran. Any ideas where the problem came from? -- Win 7, IE8, Fu...

hey ya'll how do i auto sum a cell using the letter x instaed of .
hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a number To count number of "x"es =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"x") Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:25:04 -0700, jrod98 <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a >number Gord answered but I couldn't resist asking what the sum of x and x is? Sinister Rod Serling music here. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jrod98" <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Assigning work to team 1 and team 2
Hi I need to allocate certain work to 2 teams, the only way I can think of doing this is by building a counter and then giving the even numbers to one team and the odd numbers to the other. Dim db As Database Dim rs As Recordset Set db = CurrentDb() Set rs = db.OpenRecordset("tblTeamCounter", dbOpenDynaset) rs.Edit rs!RepNum = rs!RepNum + 1 rs.Update rs.Close: Set rs = Nothing The above code gives me the counter how do I code it to lookup the REPNum and if it is even number then Me.Team1 = True Else Me.Team2 = True Or is there a better way of doing this?...

Outlook URL no longer works ?
I have seen from various post that the outlook: protocol no longer works outside Outlook, because of security issues. Are there other ways of opening a mail item in a public folder using a URL ? Today we generate the link to the mail item on format Outlook:0000000031030 .. This is done using an event sink on the exchange server. The link is displayed to the person that will answer the mail on an internal web page. The link opens the mail item directly, using the outlook: protocol... meaning outside Outlook. If the above is no longer recommended, what is ? Is this possible to accomplis...

Transferring Works files into Excel XP
My Dad upgraded recently to XP--all his previous files were in Works. Is there an easy conversion? I don't have the ability to "see" his computer, so trying to fix this issue remotely. TIA My Excel 2002 and Excel 2003 will open a Works XLR file. Why can't Dad do this? -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "homefry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093b01c42559$670626f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > My Dad upgraded recently to XP--all his previous files > were in Works. Is there an easy ...

Outlook hangs on startup in XP
Outlook hangs when I start it. I have Office Pro w/frontpage. I've uninstalled, reinstalled and updated w/SP3 all to no avail. The task manager shows 2 Outlook icons not responding, I presume the program and the send/receive thingy. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Try opening Outlook using the ".../CleanViews" switch. The link below will give you the instructions on how to use it. OL2002: Additional Command-Line Switches http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;296192 Also try (if the above doesn't work): Close outlook, find and delete all these ...

Any issues with Windows Service Pack 3 (XP) and GP v. 8.0? Thanks
My client is looking to see if there are any issues with this combination. Thank you. No issues that I have heard about. However, check the system requirements page as it is updated frequently to address some of these questions at https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/greatplains/documentation/systemrequirements/compatibility_gp8.0_lowmidhi.htm?printpage=false Just make sure you are running the latest GP 8 service pack (Service Pack 5) available at https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/greatplains/downloads/servicepack/greatplains80_servicepacks.htm?printpage=fal...

How do I change x-axis in an Excel Radar Chart?
I would like to plot a radar chart with 360 points however the excel radar assigns a line for each point, I would like to reduce this to 1 line every 10 degrees. Is this possible? Ideally I would like a polar plot graph where I can enter any angle and magnitude. Does such a thing exist? Hi, For polar plot you can use the xy scatter. I have an addin that may help. http://www.andypope.info/charts/polarplot.htm Cheers Andy Dr. J.White wrote: > I would like to plot a radar chart with 360 points however the excel radar > assigns a line for each point, I would like to reduce this...

Outlook 2003 on Office 2000/XP
Can I put Outlook 2003 on top of Office 2000 or Office 2002 xp? Are there any compatibility issues? yes, you can, but you can't use word as your editor and lose the email features in the other office apps. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ &quo...

Full Page X Report
I hope someone might find this useful. This formats the X/Z report to fit on one Full Page. Slapped together quickly but you can format it how you like using XML... http://www.newestech.com/downloads/FullPageXReport.zip Casey Hanson New West Technologies ...

if statement not working
Access 2003 code on forms oncurrent event... I want the below If DLookup is Admin then TitleMSP.Visible = True Label95.Visible = False Label97.Visible = True Label96.Visible = True If DLookup is Admin and Not IsNull(Me.TitleMSP) then TitleMSP.Visible = True Label95.Visible = False Label97.Visible = True Label96.Visible = True If DLookup is anything other than Admin then TitleMSP.Visible = False ContactUserID.Visible = False ContactStatus.Visible = False Label97.Visible = False ...

"Microsoft Office Outlook (2007 Office Pro) has stopped working"
Hello, I recently installed Office 2007 Professional on a laptop recently upgraded from Vista Home Premum to Windows 7 Home Premium on my Inspiron 1545. It worked fine for 2 weeks, and and suddenly came up wiht "Microsoft Ourlook has stopped working" The program downloads messages, and I can access settings, but as soon as you go to read a message or open one to send, it crashes. I have done the following: 1-Tried to repair the software, no problems found 2-Installed all updates 3-Repaired to original install 4-Deleted the Software and reinstalled a fresh copy 5...

i want to allow users to edit changes afetr password protect of c
Please use the body of the message to describe what you want. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 01:15:02 -0700, mamta raul <mamta raul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

How to get the Mouse Up event for a custom activeX control ?
Hi, I am using MFC and an activeX control.. I am putting my activeX control on the form.. Now, I want to have the mouse up event for this control... like if user presses mouse key anywhere on the control and leaves that key, i want to capture that event... So, is there any way to get that using MFC... ?? Please help me.. ===== Regards, Jigar Mehta If your control is in MFC, you should get the event as you normally would using the right macros. Your control should fire an event if you are trying to capture it outside the control (host). ----------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Project Center Access Not Working
Our Admins and PMs are getting the following message when they access the Project Center. "Project Center cannot access the project(s) you are trying to view. It is most likely that you either don't have permissions to view the project, another user has deleted this project(s) before you were able to view it or that another user is in the process of publishing the project" It works sometimes, but most of the time we get this message, we can get it to work if we keep refreshing or changing views that has less data to show. Does anyone has any idea on how to fix thi...

Templates in Office XP
Is there information about the template use in Office XP? If it is in spanis much better Thanks! The following page has information on using Templates in Excel, and you can choose Spanish from the Language dropdown: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5C619EB3-950B-4FC3-8DF4-88FB9EE83DC6 Emece wrote: > Is there information about the template use in Office XP? > > If it is in spanis much better -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

tab control problem
i have a tab control. there are dialogs in each tab. when i press enter in a tab , the dialog in the tab disappears. however, when i go another tab and choose the disappeared tab it is shown again. i guess when the focus is on the dialog in that tab , and the enter is pressed it disappears. how can i prevent disappear of dialogs in the tabs when i press enter? murat murat aydin wrote: > i have a tab control. there are dialogs in each tab. when i press enter in a > tab , the dialog in the tab disappears. however, when i go another tab and > choose the disappeared tab it is shown ...

Smart Host not working
Hi All, I have a (seemingly) quite bizarre problem. Basically even though I've told Exchange Server 2000 to use a smart host for mail delivery (under the default SMTP server - Advanced Delivery tab), exchange insists on attempting to connect direct to the recipients MX server. I've done this before on dozens of Exchange 2000 servers and never seen this behaviour. Anyone have any idea what may stop Exchange 2000 server using a smart host ?? The FQDN is correct for the domain, and the attempt direct delivery box is not ticked. Graham. Hi Graham, Try using an smtp connector ins...

SMTP works intermittently after FE servers set as NLB pair
After setting two FE servers in an NLB pair (both with smtp previously working), some mail servers cannot open SMTP sockets to the FE NLB pair. IT seems to be only windows boxes odly enough. When i create the pair, OWA, OMA and Activesync work fine as does a telnet to port 25. However, some machines cannot telnet to port 25..all machines in question that have proven unable to access are running win2k or win2k3....sendmail and qmail can open a smtp session to the NLB pair just fine. ANy ideas? On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:12:02 -0700, knightly <knightly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...