OL 2007 Auto Archiving Errors/Cannot read archive properties from

New Outlook user, please go easy on me.  As of 01/01/2008 I have converted
from Eudora v7.x to Outlook 2007. Running Vista Home Premium, dual core
2.2ghz, 4gb RAM, all patches current per multiple runs of MS Update.

I used AddressMagic to import all of my email messages from Eudora into a
new OL2007 PST file.  Conversion worked great, and I can see and use all of
my emails and attachments.

FUNCTION:

Auto Archiving

ERROR:

* Pop-up error message declares: "Errors occurred while archiving.  Look for
a detailed report in your Deleted Items folder."

* Delete Items folder shows messages of the format:
Error while archiving folder "ABC" in store "Personal Folders - AJK".
Cannot read archive properties from folder ABC.  Cannot create archiving
properties.  An unexpected error has occurred.

* Message above repeats in block format in the Deleted Items entry, naming
different folders in each iteration of the message.

BACKGROUND AND PROCESS:

* The PST file is 3+ gigs, and I have it on an 8gb Express memory card to
avoid physical RPS, latency, and other delays related to HDD.  This decision
was based on the size of the PST file.

* I have an archive PST set up on HDD, and it shows under "Data Files" in OL.

* Default Auto-Archive parameters are set to archive anything older than x
months (plenty of messages to fit that description).

* Right clicked on top level of mail folder tree, set auto-archive to use
default auto archive, and I manually confirmed that sub-folders  have this
property as well.

* Select Tools | Mailbox Cleanup | Auto Archive

* Runs for a while, status at bottom of window shows archiving zzz folder
and changes as it presumably goes about its business.

* Archive PST does contain a duplicate of the main mailbox PST, but no
messages can be found in any of the folders.

* I went back through the main PST, and found many messages dated far beyond
the x months I stipulated for archival.

* Main PST file size does not appear to have decreased.

* Archive PST file size does not appear to have increased.

RESOLUTION SOUGHT:

* Understanding of error.

* Understanding of correction of error

* Archival of main PST messages to reduce file size and increase performance
of Outlook while maintaining online-near-line access to historical messages.

Any ideas?

Archiving works on the modified date not the received date so if you
imported the messages, autoarchive isn't practical until all the imported
messages are ready to be archived.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Deputy5211" <Deputy5211@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> New Outlook user, please go easy on me.  As of 01/01/2008 I have converted
> from Eudora v7.x to Outlook 2007. Running Vista Home Premium, dual core
> 2.2ghz, 4gb RAM, all patches current per multiple runs of MS Update.
>
> I used AddressMagic to import all of my email messages from Eudora into a
> new OL2007 PST file.  Conversion worked great, and I can see and use all
> of
> my emails and attachments.
>
> FUNCTION:
>
> Auto Archiving
>

> ERROR:
>
> * Pop-up error message declares: "Errors occurred while archiving.  Look
> for
> a detailed report in your Deleted Items folder."
>
> * Delete Items folder shows messages of the format:
> Error while archiving folder "ABC" in store "Personal Folders - AJK".
> Cannot read archive properties from folder ABC.  Cannot create archiving
> properties.  An unexpected error has occurred.
>
> * Message above repeats in block format in the Deleted Items entry, naming
> different folders in each iteration of the message.
>

> BACKGROUND AND PROCESS:
>
> * The PST file is 3+ gigs, and I have it on an 8gb Express memory card to
> avoid physical RPS, latency, and other delays related to HDD.  This
> decision
> was based on the size of the PST file.
>
> * I have an archive PST set up on HDD, and it shows under "Data Files" in
> OL.
>
> * Default Auto-Archive parameters are set to archive anything older than x
> months (plenty of messages to fit that description).
>
> * Right clicked on top level of mail folder tree, set auto-archive to use
> default auto archive, and I manually confirmed that sub-folders  have this
> property as well.
>
> * Select Tools | Mailbox Cleanup | Auto Archive
>
> * Runs for a while, status at bottom of window shows archiving zzz folder
> and changes as it presumably goes about its business.
>
> * Archive PST does contain a duplicate of the main mailbox PST, but no
> messages can be found in any of the folders.
>
> * I went back through the main PST, and found many messages dated far
> beyond
> the x months I stipulated for archival.
>
> * Main PST file size does not appear to have decreased.
>
> * Archive PST file size does not appear to have increased.
>

> RESOLUTION SOUGHT:
>
> * Understanding of error.
>
> * Understanding of correction of error
>
> * Archival of main PST messages to reduce file size and increase
> performance
> of Outlook while maintaining online-near-line access to historical
> messages.
>

> Any ideas?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/23/2008 4:18:54 AM
Fair enough.  Assuming you are correct, then I would not expect anything to
start exporting for x months from now, then.

Are you certain that AddressMagicPersonaPlus does not preserve the modified
date?  Also, should this not cause AutoArchive to just bypass the files?  Why
does the list of folder change with each run?  Is there another way to pare
back the messages from my main PST based on received date? How about a
utility o work through the tree and set the last modified date+ received date?

Any takers?

Anthony

No need to post more than once.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Deputy5211 <Deputy5211@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > New Outlook user, please go easy on me.  As of 01/01/2008 I have
> > converted from Eudora v7.x to Outlook 2007. Running Vista Home
> > Premium, dual core
> > 2.2ghz, 4gb RAM, all patches current per multiple runs of MS Update.
>
> No need to post more than once.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Do you have any information or insight into to the problem I described?

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Deputy5211 <Deputy5211@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > New Outlook user, please go easy on me.  As of 01/01/2008 I have
> > converted from Eudora v7.x to Outlook 2007. Running Vista Home
> > Premium, dual core
> > 2.2ghz, 4gb RAM, all patches current per multiple runs of MS Update.
>
> No need to post more than once.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Deputy5211 <Deputy5211@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Do you have any information or insight into to the problem I
> described?

I don't see where you answered Diane's question in your original thread.
Frankly, the problems you described don't surprise me because importing
always has unexpected side-effects.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
1/23/2008 6:30:39 PM
Outlook sets the modified date when the message is created. It does not use
the Received field value for the modified date.

You can manually archive. Sort by received date then select the older ones
and use Edit, move to folder... selecting the folder in the archive pst. It
will be slow since you'll need to do it with all folders.  This is easiest
for a couple of folders where you want total control but its to only way to
move files.

You can fake autoarchiving by using import/export and setting a filter, but
it copies the messages, not move them - that means it doesn't delete them
from the first pst and you'll have duplicates. If the pst is large, I would
export newer items to a new pst then set the newer one as the default
message store and move contacts to the new pst.

--

> [...]
>> > this
>> > property as well.
>> >
>> > * Select Tools | Mailbox Cleanup | Auto Archive
>> >
>> > * Runs for a while, status at bottom of window shows archiving zzz
>> > folder
>> > and changes as it presumably goes about its business.
>> >
>> > * Archive PST does contain a duplicate of the main mailbox PST, but no
>> > messages can be found in any of the folders.
>> >
>> > * I went back through the main PST, and found many messages dated far
>> > beyond
>> > the x months I stipulated for archival.
>> >
>> > * Main PST file size does not appear to have decreased.
>> >
>> > * Archive PST file size does not appear to have increased.
>> >

>> > RESOLUTION SOUGHT:
>> >
>> > * Understanding of error.
>> >
>> > * Understanding of correction of error
>> >
>> > * Archival of main PST messages to reduce file size and increase

1/24/2008 4:55:40 AM
Brian,

As an MVP-Outlook, I am sure that you have probably forgotten more about
Outlook than I may ever know.  Which begs the question:  You have posted
twice in this thread, and neither one has offered a shred of assistance, why?

As for your "don't surprise me" statement where you state that importing
"always" has unexpected side effects, again, not helpful, painted with an
overly broad brush, and besides, "always" and "never" rarely tell it like it
really is.  One could say that waking up each morning often has unexpected
side effects.  Technically true, but such statements are probably of little,
if any, benefit.

If you have something to add to this thread, I actively seek your input; I
can use much assistance and guidance as I work through this.  If all you are
going to do is puff up your chest, criticize and make statements so vague and
"absolute" as you have, I am certain there are other things you can be doing
with your time that are more befitting your stature and self-appreciation
than bothering with mere newbies such as myself.

With all due respect, thank you for your input.  Make it a great day!

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Deputy5211 <Deputy5211@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Do you have any information or insight into to the problem I
> > described?
>
> I don't see where you answered Diane's question in your original thread.
> Frankly, the problems you described don't surprise me because importing
> always has unexpected side-effects.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Deputy5211 <Deputy5211@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> As for your "don't surprise me" statement where you state that
> importing "always" has unexpected side effects, again, not helpful,
> painted with an overly broad brush, and besides, "always" and "never"
> rarely tell it like it really is.  One could say that waking up each
> morning often has unexpected side effects.  Technically true, but
> such statements are probably of little, if any, benefit.

Since the specific issues importing causes have been posted innumerable
times, I don't see it necessary to repeat them yet again.  Anyone with a
search engine can find them in ten seconds.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)

auto balance #3
Hi, I figured out how I can import my bank account information into MS Money 2007 by downloading the file from my account via my bank's website. Is there a way to set this program to automatically download my daily spending on my debit card and insert transaction information into the spreadsheet? Thanks ...

Error in "Desktop properties"
Hi, I have a PC with operative system WXP Pro SP3. When a go to "desktop properties" it open the window but it only shows the "theme" tab. Can anyone help me? Thanks, Lidia. Hi Lidia, I got some help for you from kelly-korner click on the link below for the fix. http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/desktoptab.reg danny "Lidia" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a PC with operative system WXP Pro SP3. When a go to "desktop > properties" it open the window but it only shows the "theme" tab. > Can an...

ClistCtrl > How to auto-adjust columns size ?
Hi all, I have a CListCtrl in report view, two columns, hidden headerCtrl. I populate it with some items (less than 10). I'd like to programmatically auto-adjust the columns width according to their content, exactly like pressing Ctrl+'+' on a ListCtrl. Any idea ? Thanks, Dansk "Dansk" <dansk@laouilest.com> wrote in message news:e1x4VF9wHHA.276@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have a CListCtrl in report view, two columns, hidden headerCtrl. > I populate it with some items (less than 10). > > I'd like to programmatically auto-adjus...

Using insert to paste a row--how done in Excel 2007
Hi, In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a row instead of what I have copied. I want it the old way! How do I do it? -- Thanks, PTweety R-click, Insert Copied Cells. pickytweety wrote: > Hi, > In my old version of Excel, I could copy a row or chunk of rows, move to a > new spot and use the "insert row" icon to insert the rows and paste it > automatically. Now in Office 2007 it just inserts a r...

MSVCRT.DLL error...
Recently, when starting Outlook 2000, I started getting the message: "OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module MSVCRT.DLL at 0167:7800d4fl." & Outlook quits. I have tried the following: Making sure I had the latest service packs & updates Ran the repair office option from the install disk Completely removed & re-installed Office 2000 Replaced the MSVCRT.DLL file from the Win98 disk Ran the MS Libraries update And am still getting the same results! Can anyone help? Thanks- FYI, I'm running Win98 on a PII 500MHz with 64MB Ram. (I know, it's a dinosaur!) ...

I keep getting and error on start of Office x.v
I just purchased Office X.v and installed it onto my Mac. I also removed Office Test Drive before installing the full Office X.v, but i didn't empty my trash. So after I installed the full version i keep getting the error "An unexpected error occurred while trying to load Microsoft Framework X library" on all office programs. I read on mactopia that this could be caused by "lock" identities in the microsoft identity file, but all of mine are unlocked. When i tried to empty my trash, it would not empty a few microsoft file because it says they are in use. Framework ...

How do i stop an email being marked as read when i click 'Print'?
Hi There, Whenever i click on an new email (not double click) and click the print icon, it prints a copy of the email but it also marks that email as read, which is what i dont want. I know about the Reading Pane options but the option there is not option for this there. Is there a way for emails not to be marked as read once you print them? Kind regards Liz No, that is not possible with the built-in printing function of Outlook. A printing add-in might show different behavior though. You might want to try their trial first. See; http://www.howto-outlook.com/tag/printi...

Calendar archiving
Good Day, I have a user that is haveing some issues with a corrupt calendar. After some stuff she was able to copy a part of the calendar to a new folder and her Palm was able to sync to it again. She wanted to make a backup copy of her old calendar as her new one is not being backed up every night since it is not the default calendar. I was told that I need to delete all of apponments and the like then copy the new calendar on top of the cleaned out calendar so that it will be backed up again. So here is my question After looking over everything I found an option to archive which a...

WMP 11 error C00D1163 (after update KB971513)
Windows Media Player 11 will not play DVDs. I always get error C00D1163 "Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because there is a problem with digital copy protection between your DVD drive, decoder, and video card. Try installing an updated driver for your video card." DVDs I have owned for years are now impossible to play (so are rentals). I am having the same problem as others in this forum, although my system configuration is different -- which indicates this is a widespread problem. It is an interesting coincidence that my problem started immediately ...

clicking TOOLS/OPTIONS gives me error msg "cannot access dir D:/"
I need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. But when I click on any tab in the OPTIONS menu it gives me the error message "cannot access dir D:/documents" I may have changed the name of that directory at some point and I suspect that is the problem. However I still need to change settings in the TOOLS/OPTIONS menu. How do I fix it? Hi Lori Close Excel Add this directory D:/documents and try again And try again -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lori Rossi" <Lori Rossi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34A25E1A-D...

Fix: Visio 2007 x64 Hangs During Database model Creation
I'm posting this here, so hopefully others will have an easier time finding the solution than I did... On Windows XP (x64) Visio 2007 hangs when I try to create a new database model diagram. Performing a "repair" doesn't help at all. For some reason, turning off the "Print Spooler" Service makes things work just fine. I have no idea why this is, but it did the trick. -- Chris Mullins, MCSD.NET, MCPD:Enterprise, MVP C# http://www.coversant.net/blogs/cmullins Hi Chris, Thanks for sharing this information. Do you see the hang when creating other new draw...

Outlook Web Access error
Got this error message when trying to access my mailbox from Outlook Web Access. "Unable to get renderer" This happened on a particular machine but work fine on other machine. Anyone know what going on? ...

Error in code exportin tables to excel
I'm tryin to export a table to excel with the code: Private Sub Command4_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command0_Click Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "F01_UT" DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpreadsheetTypeExcel9, F01_UT, "C:\TRY\Tbls", True Exit_Command0_Click: Exit Sub Err_Command0_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Command0_Click End Sub However, Access displays the message: Compile error : Syntax error What I'm doing wrong? If I want to export more tablas do I have to write more lines (DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, acSpr...

Ol 2000 email settings
If I configured my outlook 2000 using co-operate or workgroup mail service, with 1 exchange mail account and 2 pop email account from external email service ( like attglobal email etc ). Am I allow to select from which email account I can send from? how to if is yes? Thanks for advice. OL2000 ...

Help with
I am currently in the process of migrating exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 on new hardware. I have transfered the RUS role, offline address book role and replicated the public folders ect. and now am beginning to move maiboxes. I noticed 3 very repetive errors in the application event log however. I was wondering if someone could tell me whether these messages are somthing I should be concerned with. See them below. So far I have no user complaints about outlook. Thanks. Event ID: 9320 Source MSExchangeSA Type Warning Description OALGen could not generate full details for some en...

Sent Mail Error Outlook Express
IN OUTLOOK EXPRESS WHEN I SEND E-MAIL I GET AN OUTLOOK EXPRESS MESSAGE BOX THAT SAYS Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below for more details. BUT THERE ARE NO DETAILS. THE EMAILS ARE NOT GOING TO THE SENT MAIL FOLDER. THE EMAILS ARE BEING DELIVERED AND RECEIVED BUT ON MY END THEY REMAIN IN THE OUTBOX AND ARE NOT GOING TO THE SENT MAIL FOLDER. I MUST CLEAR THE OUTLOOK EXPRESS ERROR BOX THEN DRAG THE SENT? MESSAGE OUT OF THE OUTBOX SO IT WON'T BE SENT AGAIN. ALSO YESTERDAY ALL PREVIOUS EMAIL IN THE SENT MAIL FOLDER DI...

How do I turn on drag and drop in MS Word 2007?
It seems that drag and drop has stopped working..... I have no clue why. There are instructions on how to turn drag and drop on/off for MS Word 2003, but I can't find the directions on how to do this for Word 2007. I'd like to turn this back on. Can anyone help? Click on the the Office Button (top/left) and at the bottom of that window click on Word Options. In that window choose Advanced. Drag and Drop is the third choice down. (That said... it doesn't always work even when you have selected it. Sigh) The problem could have to do with the Symbols dialog box. When you...

Money 2007 add/delete Category
Is there a way to maintain my categories by viewing a list so easily add/delete categories? The Category maintenance in 2007 sucks.. I need to run through every single category just to delete one. Deluxe or Essential? If Deluxe, use the Account List More pull out, Categories & :Payees|Categories should show you all the categories at once and allow you to Move, Modify or Delete them as required. The pulldown at the top lets you see just Categories or Categories and Subcategories. "Vital" <Vital@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D4AAA91-6602-429E-915...

Errors after I installed SP4
I installed SP4 to Windows 2000 server. I am running exchange server 5.5. The users cannot access their mailbox. I made all the users administrators to enable access to their mailbox. I cannot create a new mailbox. I get an error when I create a new mailbox. Error: Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: General Event ID: 5011 Date: 8/31/2004 Time: 2:49:43 PM User: N/A Computer: RCI2 Description: Error You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation. occurred during address generation. Please help me. 1. Verify that the Exchange Service Ac...

VBA type mismatch error
Hello all, The following line is in an Excel function: j = Application.Find(v, Cells(cnt, 1).Value) When watched, v has a value of "s" with type variant/string. cells(cnt,1).value has a value of 2 with a type of variant/double. I assume that the type mismatch occurs because the character "S" can't be found in an integer. How do I get this to work? TIA. Pierre. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com VBA has its own version of =find(). Take a look at VBAs help for InStr. =find() will return an error if there isn't a match. Dim j...

Exporting a table from Access 2003 to Excel 2007
I am trying to export a table from Access 2003 with more than 100,000 records into Excel 2007 and am not having any luck. I do not find the 2007 file extension in the drop down and choosing the latest version only exports part of the table. Any thoughts on whether this is possible to do? -- Carol Hi Carol, This is even hard to do with Excel 2007. You won't be able to do it directly with Excel 2003. You could export the file as a comma separated value with a csv suffix. By default Excel usually opens csv files. However you may lose formatting and other stuff. I ju...

opencurrentdatabase error/help
dears, im opening an access03 database with vb6 like application.opencurrentdatabase("c:/documents and settings/admin/folder/database.mdb",true,"password") application.docmd.open"myform" application.docmd.maximise docmd.maximise included in form open event also in the database kindly help me with (1) after this code runs access opening with small rectangular window(half of screen vertically) even all access databases are opening this way (2) if the above said path changes for the database error 7866 occuring in error event i would like to include some c...

Error importing Quicksell 2000 data
I've followed the instructions exactly as indicated in the help file. When I reach the final step where the actual import is to take place I get the error: Invalid Object Name 'VersionHistory' SELECT TOP 1 Version FROM VersionHistory ORDER BY ID DESC It appears that it's having a problem with the Access database when it tries to retrieve the latest version number of Quicksell 2000 (which is 3.01 on our system) I've used the QS2000 doctor to compact and repair the database, but the problem still exists. Any suggestions are appreciated. If you can ZIP the datab...

Lost Properties pop up on right mouse click?
Hi, I can no longer right click on a control and bring up its properties. I have to be in design mode and select the field then click the properties button in the tool bar? Any idea how to get the right mouse click to bring the properties up? Thanks Chuck "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00FD3588-E880-498C-9F24-8E4D6A8F464B@microsoft.com... > Hi, I can no longer right click on a control and bring up its properties. > I > have to be in design mode and select the field then click the properties > button in the tool bar? > Any ide...

Publisher 97 unable to do Mail Merge
I can not get Publisher 97 to do Mail Merge with Excel 97. Here's what happens: Mail Merge / Open Data Source / PUBMERGE Out of memory. Mail Merge / Create Publisher Address List / PUBMERGE Out of memory. Mail Merge / Edit Publisher Address List / PUBMERGE Out of memory. but, for some reason, Word 97 will do Mail Merge with Excel 97, no problem .. . . Publisher 97 System Requirements, and what I'm running: 386DX, 486DX: Pentium 4, 2.8 GHz MS Windows 95: XP 6 MB RAM, 8 MB: 2 GB C:\WINDOWS\system32\ . . . I have JET Engine DLL 5.1.2600.0 I am thinking that this this could be ...