OL 2003 will not send some messages (replies-to)

hi,

I'm running OL 2003 SP2 on a laptop running XP.  I'll reply to someone and
hit the send button, but the message will appear in the outbox, highlighted,
not italicized, and simply won't send.  Occasionally this would happen with
my old machine running W2k and and older version of OL, but I could reopen
the message within the outbox and hit the send button, and the  message
would then appear italicized and ready to send.  When I reopen the message
in OL 2003 in the outbox, the send button does not appear.

Some messages send fine.  I think, not sure, that the problem is with
replies-to, and not newly composed notes.

I have to retype the message with a different subject line in order to get
OL to send it...this doesn't work for groups where the subject line keys the
viewer to the proper thread, not to mention it's a major pain.

What's going on?  Any direction would be most appreciated.  Also running
Symantec's Norton anti-virus software and firewall software.

thanks,.
pms

0
rumbabum (1)

Greta Grip <rumbabum@luckynospamlounge.com> wrote:

> I'm running OL 2003 SP2 on a laptop running XP.  I'll reply to
> someone and hit the send button, but the message will appear in the
> outbox, highlighted, not italicized, and simply won't send.
....snip...
> What's going on?  Any direction would be most appreciated.  Also
> running Symantec's Norton anti-virus software and firewall software.

The first thing to try is to disable NAV's integration with Outlook, if it
is enabled.  NAV causes more problems with Outlook than almost any other
application.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)

I can send mail but not receive it
Can anyone help? I have manage d to send email but cannot seem to receive. I have definitely got the right address and have even tried just replying but nothing is happening. "Emily" <Emily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52236652-40DD-4445-BEF7-27E14B1BB89A@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help? I have manage d to send email but cannot seem to > receive. > I have definitely got the right address and have even tried just replying > but > nothing is happening. Please copy and paste any error message that you get, to your ...

sending e-mail with attachment(s)
I'm using Outlook 2003, when I send an e-mail with an attachment, the recipient receives the e-mail several times and yet, Outlook shows that the e-mail was never sent. This is driving me crazy. Any thoughts? ...

Outlook E-mail Unable to SEND
I'm traveling. While charter.net is my home ISP and I can send using Charter's own Webmail system, I cannot send using my Microsoft Outlook 2003 SP3 from anywhere today. I've been to the free wireless at Panera Bread and I've tried a home network here which is using AOL. I even changed the ouotgoing server address to <smtp.aol.com> while at the local home using AOL from <smtp.charter.net> which I use at my home location and at Panera Bread. (I also tried <mail.charter.net> which is what Charter suggested, and that didn't work either.>)...

Check Names Will Not Let Me Send Email
Hello, I am trying to send an email. I have entered an email address in the to section that I do not want to save to my contacts file. Outlook will not let me send unless I do. This was not happening before last week when my computer crashed and was fixed. How do I get Outlook to let me send my email without saving the contact? My contacts files will become huge if I have to save the email address of every single person I write to. Please help. And thanks in advance. Candy "Candy" <Candy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1841587...

A warning message
I am running into a warning message when I try to print within a workbook. The warning message is: No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook. Can someone tell me why I am getting this message and how I can get rid of it. -- sjackson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sjackson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18052 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=373980 I suspect you have falling foul of this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 You c...

[HOWTO] prevent sending mail with empty subject
Hi, Sometimes, I forget to put a title to the email I am currently writing. If I decide to send the mail with an empty subject (which is usually a mistake in my case), I would like to be prompted to confirm that I really want to send the email with an empty title. I am currently using Outlook 2003. How can I configure such a behavior ? Thanks, Joannes YOu would need to write some code to check your mail before sending. There is no setting in Outlook to do this for you. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert l...

Can't send mail -- "object cannot be found"?
I set up outlook to read mail through an IMAP account and I have no problems downloading mail from the server, but whenever I try to send mail, the following error box pops up: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I searched the knowledge base and tried the solution in article 312354, but the error persists. Is there any way to fix this? I have no problem sending/receiving mail through Outlook Express, but would like to switch over to Outlook. ...

Typed text lags in Outlook 2003
After installing the various updates for Office 2003 and the Office 2007 Compatibility Pack on my Vista machine, a problem surfaced. When typing in the body of a new message, the text "lags" as I'm typing, sometimes a couple of letters behind and sometimes 2 or 3 complete words. And no, the problem isn't that I type too fast, hehe. I've run the "Detect and Repair" utility but that didn't resolve the problem. I've rebooted several times as well without success. Any idea(s) on how to tackle this one? ...

Exchange 2003: How to see meeting room availability within Outlook Web Access
We have an Exchange 2003 cluster sitting on Windows Server 2003. We have plenty of mailboxes for meeting rooms that are normal ADUC mail enabled users, not in public folders. Our users are complaining that they cannot see message room availability. I have tested this myself and have found that when click on new appointment followed by availability, and then choose a meeting room. A username / password box immediately pops up, and does not accept my credentials. After three attempts it says 'access denied' and so we cannot see the meeting room calendar to ascertain availability....

how can I avoid missing WM_LBUTTONUP message?
Hello, Inside my WM_LBUTTONDOWN handler, I call SetCapture() so that if the user moves off my control before letting up on the mouse button, I will still receive the WM_LBUTTONUP message. Inside my WM_LBUTTONUP handler, I'm calling ReleaseCapture. However, it seems if the user presses down on the mouse, and then a MessageBox pops up before he lets up on the mouse, I am not getting the WM_LBUTTONUP message. My assumption is that the MessageBox is reclaiming the capture, and my control is losing it. I am aware that I can be alerted of this condition by handling WM_CAPTURECHANGED. I&#...

HELP: Can't stop sending (unintended) e-mails
Please help! I'm usually pretty good at detecting unwanted/malicious e- mails, but I think I may have opened one. Since then, my PC is sending out one afte the other (every 3-4 minutes). I wouldn't know it if it weren't for my Norton window scanning the e-mail displaying each time. I have Outlook Express (5.0) on Win98. I received an e-mail and opened the attachment (READ: stupid!). The body of the e-mail stated "The message contains Unicode characters and has been sent as a binary attachment." and it contained a file "text.zip". And yes, I opened i...

Outlook 2003 Cannot Open Other User's Folder
I am trying to open a folder that the person has rights to and opened fine in 2003. But since she has switched computers and the new one has Outlook 2003, she cannot open the other users folder. It is unhidden in Exchange server so it is visible to all users using Outlook 2002 but any users using Outlook 2003 cannot see it. I normally hide it from everyone because it is for our conference room scheduling and only certain people can see and use it. But now the person with rights to it cannot see it using Outlook 2003. Any ideas why and how I should fix this? is she using the folde...

Problem of Truncation on Excel 2003
When I open a spreadsheet (saved on an earlier version of Excel) in Excel 2003, the "cell wrapped" cells lose most of the ending information, as if there were some sort of limit on the amount of data to be stored. The spreadsheet in question has links, which I do NOT want updated. I have been working with Excel for as many years as it has existed, therefore you may consider I am not making a mistake. We need this problem fixed ASAP. Additional information: Just discovered that the problem is in the handling of MERGED cells. Only the first cell of the merged group is kept ...

Exchange 2003 unable to schedule past Dec 31st
We are having an issue with Exchange where if you schedule a meeting then add an attendee, then scroll to the right out to Jan 1st 2006. All attendees availablity shows diagonal lines ( no information ). Before you think this is an issue with the Outlook setting of how far out to publish the free/busy information we already looked at that and it defaults to 2 months, which should take us to Jan 23rd but it's not working that way. thanks for any and all input. On 23 Nov 2005 09:27:40 -0800, chad.wasinger@gmail.com wrote: >We are having an issue with Exchange where if you schedule a m...

Outlook 2002
I can not go to links that are in emails I receive. either email addreses or web sites. This is causeing a real problem. It does not happen in my Outlook Express only in Outlook. The erroer message is "Operation cancelled due to restrictions on this computer". This just started happening. If any one can help please email me at lmw@houston.rr.com, Thanks ...

Mail sent using MailMessage class displays "TO" and "CC" recepients in the message body when sent to large number of recepients
I'm using System.Web.Mail to send an email message from an ASP.NET web page. This is the main section of the C# code. //************* start code ***************************** string[] mailHost = (System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings.GetValues("mailserver")); //Get data from page string toAddress = ((tbTo.Text==null)||(tbTo.Text.Equals(String.Empty)))?String.Empty:tbTo.Text.Trim(); string ccAddress = ((tbCC.Text==null)||(tbCC.Text.Equals(String.Empty)))?String.Empty:tbCC.Text.Trim(); string subjectLine = ((tbSubject.Text==null)||(tbSubject.Text.Equals(String.Em...

I cannot send mail in outlook Help
I have jsut started using Outlook 2003 and I cannot send mail I can receive it but not send it. And also how do I import my address book from AOL AOL has special rules for using Outlook. Look for help on their web site or try Outlook Help. "marilyn" wrote: > I have jsut started using Outlook 2003 and I cannot send mail I can receive > it but not send it. And also how do I import my address book from AOL ...

Exchange 2003 AD Properties not Showing up in W2k Domain ADUC.
We are running a test migration from 5.5 to 2k3. After running the install (incl. the forest prep, domin prep and all other checklists), the Exchange tabs do not show up in our Windows 2000 DC for user properties. They do if we are on the Exchange 2003 box running the Active Directory User and Computers. I imagine if we were on a W2k3 domain, this would've populated the DC ADUC settings...? Are we missing a step to allow these Exchange user property tabs to show up on the Windows 2000 Server DC's? Thx in advance... On Wed, 31 May 2006 11:07:03 -0700, jason <jason@discussions...

Outlook 2003 Backup.PST
Hello: I'm using Outlook 2003 on my laptop as well as my desktop, I have tried to backup my contacts folder on my laptop by using the file, import/export etc. and then I tried to import it onto my laptop but for some reason it will not import all my contacts. I have numerous categories set up if that makes any difference - all are added to the master categories list. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Terry ...

changing the reply address for Outlook 2003
I have two accounts defined in Outlook 2003: one that connects to my Exchange server and another that connects to a web-based IMAP account. I've set the IMAP account as the default and changed the reply to address. My outgoing server is also set to the IMAP server. However, every message I send goes out with the default reply address of my Exchange account. Is this a bug or is there something else I need to do to fix this? Outlook Express handles it correctly. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet message...

Outlook Coding
I have code to send emails progamtically from a module in Excel 2000 using OUtlook 2000, but now I need to have the code select 1 of 5 different email addresses and potentially a different mail server. Any ideas? --------------------------------- Set NewMail = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objmail = NewMail.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objmail .To = Email .Subject = "Quotes for " & Name .Body = emailtext .Send End With Set NewMail = Nothing Set objmail = Nothing ---------------------------------- Submitted...

Outlook 2003 #112
Does anyone have the same problem as me, when I open outlook it hang's for a couple of seconds then receives and sends my mail. After viewing 1 maybe 2 messages the program hangs and goes to a white screen with only Outlook displayed in the title bar. Not to sure if it is a virus or similar but I do have anti virus software on system. Help if you can ...

spcomstock website, Money 2003
I am using Money 2003. My last updates to my investment prices was on 12/11/03. The web page list on my home page is http://www.spcomstock.com. This address has changed and is now http://www.comstock-interactivedata.com. How can I make my version of money use this new site? (I don't see anywhere in account setup to do this, as someone suggested in an earlier recommendation to a Money 99 user). do a money update. at the bottom of window is update button press update now and select the update money button >-----Original Message----- >I am using Money 2003. My last upd...

Outlook 2003 disable "send" Control/Enter shortcut
Can anyone please tell me how to disable a shortcut in Outlook 2003? In Outlook, Control/Enter is a shortcut that sends email. I have hit it on more than one unhappy occasion when the email I was writing was not yet in any shape to be shipped. The Outlook Help files tell you how to remove a shortcut from a shortcut group, once you have set up a shortcut group. But I have not set up any shortcut groups and cannot find instructions on how to disable the default shortcuts that come with Outlook. I tried the MS Knowledge Base and could not find the answer. I hope one of the geniuses on t...

Email body is blank in Outlook 2003
Please help. After installing Outlook 2003 I found that the body of all my emails in all boxes are blank. I notice several people have reported this problem. but has anyone found a solution? I have Outlook 2003 installed with Windows XP. The preview pane does display some lines of each email, so at least some of the body of emails are saved. Do you use Panda Antivirus? I had this too when using the beta version of Platinum 8 W "Chris Griffith" <crgriffo@NOSPAM.yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:Xns9428E81F54F20724813972@61.9.191.5... > > Please help. > After ins...