OL 2003 - Receiving MIME Messages

Hello,

I recently began receiving e-mails from a Listserv group that is work
related.  Unfortunately, some messages are arriving with the MIME
message below:

-----

-----

How can I set up Outlook 2003 to translate these e-mails?

Thanks,

SCT

0
sctvoice2 (7)

sctvoice <sctvoice2@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I recently began receiving e-mails from a Listserv group that is work
> related.  Unfortunately, some messages are arriving with the MIME
> message below:

You don't show enough of the headers to figure out the problem.  Outlook
2003 is certainly MIME-aware.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/4/2006 11:36:39 PM
Brian,

Let's try this:

--=__Part4D6FD98F.0__=

After this I have what appears to be machine code.  Thanks.
sct

0
sctvoice2 (7)
5/4/2006 11:53:31 PM
sctvoice <sctvoice2@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Let's try this:

The SMTP headers that are prior to the message body also play a role.  I can
see nothing wrong in the headers you posted.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Open relay problem Exchange 2003
We encountered some big problems when first turning up a new SBS2003 Server. We still have a remaining issue that I can't seem to get an answer to. I recently installed SBS 2003 on a new server and Exchnge installed as an open relay by default. Within hours of being online thousands upon thousands of SPAM email was relaying (or trying to relay) through the server. In addition, one of the initial Windows update may have corrupted the registry hive. Ended up reloading this new machine twice with in a very short time and both times Exchange installed as an open relay. Once the fiasco...

Outlook 2003 mail stuck in Outbox
I have Outlook 2003 and Win XP with a home network & broadband connection. When I try to send an email, it gets stuck in the outbox. I receive email fine, and my test of the email account setup is successful. When I try to send,, I get this message: Sending and receiving reported error (0x8004011D). The server is not available. Contact your administrator if the condition persists. What should I do. The condition does persist, and I don't have an administrator. Hi Shelterdog, please read this http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=840835 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern ...

Outlook 2003: Email address in 'From' column of Inbox.
Anyone know how to get the full email address to display in the 'from' column of the inbox in Outlook 2003? I have about half a dozen "Dave"s that all have different email address but they're indistinguishable in the inbox. Plus, I'm sick of just seeing someone's name when I really need to know the company name more than anything else. At least with a proper email address, I can easily work out if it's a legit email from a known company or spam. I don't want to have to read the post to see if it's valid. ------------------------------------------...

Migrating sbs 2003 to new server
Hey all, anyone got any guides about migrating to a new server? Greetz, -- Rob. This article may provide ideas. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;278439&sd=tech "Rob Tillie" <Rob__NSPAM_AT_NOSPAM_flep-tech_DOT_nl> wrote in message news:uDtDEzG0EHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hey all, > > anyone got any guides about migrating to a new server? > > Greetz, > -- Rob. ...

Excel 2003-provide feedback with sound
Trying to set in the options of MS Excel 2003 "provide feedback with sound", a message appears, that I have to download the Microsoft Sounds Add-in from the MS download page. But there is a hint, that this Add-in is only up to Excel XP and so it is not possible to install this feature. Is there any other version for MS Excel 2003? I installed Microsoft Office Sounds and it works in all versions from Excel 97 to Excel 2003. I didn't have to do anything special beyond selecting it under Options. So it "should" work. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Dirk" <Di...

Monitoring Exchange 2003
How do I check the mail messages sitting in my SMTP queue using Exchange System Manager? Under property, the status is showing "Retry Remote Delivery". What is a better way to monitor what is going on in my Exchange server? I am running Exchange 2003 server. Is there also a way of seeing incoming emails before they are delivered to the intended recipients? If I can not use the Exchange System Manager in monitoring, what else can I use? Thanks Emma ...

Outlook 2003 #134
I'm having a problem w/dragging & dropping email into folders while using MS Outlook 2003. After dropping about 3/4 email messages into folders (no matter where you drop them)I recieve this error message "Not enough storage is available to process this command". I've ckecked Event Viewer & task manager & cannot find any information about this problem so I can address it.I have also tried "Rebooting" and still get the same issue. Does anyone know how I can solve this issue??? ... .. I too am experiencing the exact same problem with Outlook ...

I cannot access any hyperlinks in e-mail messages I receive.
Somebody or something has changed access settings in my Outlook e-mail. If I click on a hyperlink I receive a message telling me that it can't perform this action and that this computer has restrictions and I should contact my system administrator. Unfortunately, that's me!! Help! woofandduke wrote: > Somebody or something has changed access settings in my Outlook e-mail. If I > click on a hyperlink I receive a message telling me that it can't perform > this action and that this computer has restrictions and I should contact my > system administrato...

It all started with Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange SP2
We have a simple domain - one DC and one Member server supporting Exchange 2003. Both run with - DC Windows 2003 Enterprise and Exchange Windows 2003 Standard. My clients all use Office 2003 Professional. I have installed SP1 on both and SP2 on the Exchange server. Now the fun starts and where I am looking for help. Point 1 - I understand that the new Firewall using SCW has some problems; to the extent that Microsoft has issued a Troubleshooting Guide. I see there could be problems (article ID 896742) and Microsoft has a fix. I also understand that the recommendation is not to use SC...

"No more new fonts may be applied to this Workbook" message
When trying to copy graphs to a new worksheet within the same workbook I am getting the following message "No more new fonts may be applied to this Workbook". It then won't allow me to change the font size on the graph labels. Any idea what this is and how to correct? Thanks. See this KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;215573 XL2000: Error Copying Worksheets Containing Charts -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "j" <jcamp@citizensbankwv.com> wrote in message news:043f01c37c99$7ba928f0$a40128...

Invert Send and Receive
Trying to avoid error 503, I'd like to know whether there is any hidden trick to invert the sequence Send&Receive to Receive&Send Outlook is version 2003 TIA -- /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ /\/\ /\/\ /-\ T /-\ http://www.boincsynergy.com/images/stats/comb-2591.jpg If you go into the Properties of the account and then select More Settings and then Outgoing Server you can specify that you log into the incoming mail server first - is this what you were after! "Ammammata" <ammammata@tiscalinet.it> wrote in message news:mn.6ae67d5a55f1e1a5.37434@tiscalinet.it... > Tr...

Outlook 2003
Our firm is just converting to Outlook 2003, and we're having a problem. If a lawyer has given full access rights to his/her assistant, then that assistant goes into the lawyers' Email and deletes something, it goes to the *assistant's* trash, not the lawyers. Same goes if they send an Email, it goes to the *assistant's* sent items, not the lawyers. Is there anyway to keep this from happening and being put in the appropriate person's folders? Thanks ...

Migrate from Sbs 2003 to Win 2008 Std + Exchange 2010
Hi, I need to migrate my solution from sbs to std. I have 75 client, using file server, domain and exchange mailboxes. i have 2 new server with 2008 std r2 operating system. One for AD, other for Exchange 2010. Sbs server will be dismiss. Is possible migrate user account and mailboxs ? Is possible mantein the same domain name? (if not is not a problem) Have you a documents that explain step by step how to migrate ? Thank you very much Lorenzo Hi Lorenzo: By now there are thousands of references to various migration strategies listed in the various groups and els...

Invalid Add-in error message
When I open Outlook 2003, I keep getting the following error message: C:\Documents and Settings\Amanda\Application Data\Microsoft\AddIns\outlvba.dll is not a valid Office Add-in. Then I am booted from Outlook. How can I fix this? Try renaming outlvba.dll to outlvba.bak. Go to the add/remove applet in the control panel and perform a detect and repair on Office/Outlook 2003. /neo ps - outlvba.dll normally exists at \Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\ADDINS. I've never seen it under a user profile. "urbangirl" <urbangirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Lost messages in Outlook express
Help! My laptop lost power while I had Outlook express open - Now my all emails that I received or sent are lost.... How can I retrieve them? I am using Outlook express 6 and Windows 2000 Thanks laura This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inete...

how to set the client size of richedit?in which window message?
i want to set the client size of richedit according to its the whole window size. i have already overridden WM_NCPAINT, but how i can set its client size? -- With best regards, Wenming Hu Wenming Hu, Is it WM_SIZE you are after (in case you want to size the control after the parent)? In that case, you must make sure the RTF-control is created in the WM_SIZE-handler, as this message will be sent for the parent before the children are created. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "wenming hu" <wenming_hu2002@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23KY6AyNsEHA.3336@...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...

Unable to handle inbound messages
Single Exchange 2003 Server running on a Domain Controlle ******************************************* For some reason, all inbound mails are sent back out to the internet. I have run the Internet Mail Wizard and I have compared all settings with another server. When I check the Message Tracking Center this is what I find SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuin SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queu SMTP: Message Submitted to Categorize SMTP: Message Categorized and Queued for Routin SMTP: Message Routed and Queued for Remote Delive SMTP: Started Outbound Transfer of Messag SMTP:...

Mailbox throws "Exchange is currently in recovery mode" message when opening
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. I went ahead and deleted an AD account of type InetOrgPerson and it's associated mailbox. Even though the AD account was an InetOrgPerson type, it seemed to work ok like that up until the last couple of days until it mysteriously stopped working. So I re-created the account, setting it to type "user" instead of InetOrgPerson. I ran a mailbox cleanup agent task on the store and purged the mailbox. Re-created it about 5 seconds later. This is the only store on the only server in the site. When I tried to open Out...

Exch 2003/Outlook 2003 inbox sync problem
Greetings, After several hardware problems on a SBS Server 2003 I can no longer sync my inbox with Outlook 2003? All other folders sync just fine. After a manual sync the properties of the inbox show 147 items on the server and 0 items in the off-line folder. I have deleted the .ost file and had outlook recreate it -- no change. I updated to sp1 -- no change. I logged in on a different box with OL2003sp1 -- no change. ANY help or pointers are appreciated. -Steve S. ...

OL 2003
Hello, I recently began receiving e-mails from a Listserv group that is work related. Unfortunately, some messages are arriving with the MIME message below: ----- Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=__Part4D6FD98F.0__=" This is a MIME message. If you are reading this text, you may want to consider changing to a mail reader or gateway that understands how to properly handle MIME multipart messages. ----- How can I set up Outlook 2003 to translate these e-mails? Thanks, SCT sctvoice <sctvoice2@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > I recently began ...

setting up Vista-microsoft mail-getting POP3 server error message
What am I doing wrong? Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and service provider TWC or Time Warner Cable and the error message comes up. What should I do? Can you help me? On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 19:27:09 -0700, "asilocreo" <asilocreo@microsoft.com> wrote: >What am I doing wrong? >Trying to set up my MSN-Vista-Microsoft e-mail. Get an error message about >the POP3 server. I give my incoming and outgoing mail server as POP3 and >service provider TWC or Ti...

Messages Delivered but not recived.
Our Exchange 2003 server is reciveing SMTP emails from OpenVMS. The problem is that when OpenVMS sends out a report which sends out mutlipole emails with text attachemnts only 4 or 5 of the 15 messages that are sent reach the inbox of the Outlook Client. I have looked at the Tracking Logs and it shows all 15 message being delivered with out any errors. I have tried sending the same report to 5 different users with the same results. I can send the report to other mail servers like yahoo and hotmail and everthing comes through fine. The messages are not being blocked by our virus software...

Message-Data file not properly closed???
Upon boot of Outlook, EVERYTIME, I get this message--Data file did not close properly the last time it was used and is being checked for problems. Performance might be affected by the check in progress. When I leave Outlook, I have made sure to close all files and exit properly. Is there some reason this happens? I even go back to my main screen now. Is there something more I should be doing. Did the file checking finish before you closed Outlook? If not, it will continue/restart the next time you start Outlook. If it still does this after the checking has completed, the...

Message of: a program is trying to access email addresses
you have stored in outlook. Do you want to allow this. Why does this show up when a MAPI account tries to use this. It there something in a security setting I can change? Thanks. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Kim Newberry" <olgkim@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:004901c34d57$c602c670$a601280a@phx.gbl... > you...