OL 2003 .nk2 file clears on reboot

We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot.  We have
tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one,
created a new OL profile with no luck.  When we copied another users
nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is
picked up, but no new address are stored.

0
mullinsr1 (2)

outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not
closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if
so, close it first.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"rmullins" <mullinsr@gmail.com> wrote in message
> We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot.  We have
> tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one,
> created a new OL profile with no luck.  When we copied another users
> nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is
> picked up, but no new address are stored.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
6/18/2007 2:52:03 PM
He uses a blackberry.  I will make sure everything shuts down properly
this afternoon and see how it goes

On Jun 18, 10:52 am, "Diane Poremsky" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
> outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not
> closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if
> so, close it first.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> "rmullins" <mulli...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot.  We have
> > tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one,
> > created a new OL profile with no luck.  When we copied another users
> > nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is
> > picked up, but no new address are stored.

0
mullinsr1 (2)

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

Outlook 2003 News