OL 2003 - Arrangement/Conversation

My OL2003 is set up to have incoming messages go to the
Inbox (or course) and replies go to the Sent folder. If I
want to track a conversation on the same subject of the
message, how can I show a conversation thread when
messages are in different folders?
0
anonymous (74722)

Go to Find, leave the search field blank, choose your folders in Find In,
click search.  Once you have filtered all your messages by the folders, you
can then View By Conversation to show all the threads.

"Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
My OL2003 is set up to have incoming messages go to the
Inbox (or course) and replies go to the Sent folder. If I
want to track a conversation on the same subject of the
message, how can I show a conversation thread when
messages are in different folders?

0
kfb1 (138)
11/22/2003 2:37:02 AM
Very cool. Thanks Karl.

0
anonymous (74722)

Outlook 2003 Cached mode #2
We are using cached Exchange mode on our outlook 2003 clients. Users in our call center have multiple mailboxes open in their outlook. i.e. there are 2 shared mailboxes that everyone opens that they receive email on. The problem is that if you are using cached mode it caches all the accounts that you open. Each of the shared mailboxes is around 500MB and then the users mailbox is 200MB. So they all have HUGE ost files. Is there a way around this? Shared mailboxes shouldn't be cached, only public folders if they have it enabled in the account configuration. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Ou...

SBS 2003 Failed Install
Hi Having to re-install SBS 2003 Prem for a client. At the point just after the outlook cd is asked for the installation fails with: An error occurred while installing Windows SharePoint Services and creating your Intranet site I know that this was a problem back in 2004 and is the result of an expired digital certificate and was fixed with updated media. This install is using the updated media (OEM Copper Disk not SP1) looking at the file in question the certificate looks to have expired again on the 24th November 2009. As a test have tried the cd's that shippe...

Outlook 2003 Automatic Rules
Hi, Windows XP Outlook 2003 Small Business Server 2000. The automatic rules do not catch incoming email messages, with or without the exchange cache mode on. The rules are setup to only check the header for a certain word (domain) and then move to another folder. If I run them manually they work fine. There has recently been a reinstallation of the SBS server. How can I clear this up - multiple users have the same problem. tia alan ...

How to copy my 2003 autotext to 2007
I have backedup the normal.dot to a diskette and to a folder on my server. I now have a new pc with Office 2007. I copied my old auto text to my profile. When I try to do any autotext it does not work. Even if I recreate an autotext as I work, it sometimes does not seem to save it. Sometimes it does. Please help. Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 02-05-10
Hi, newbie here. When I want to send message to distribution list in Outlook 2003 - I select the distribution list i want, the field "To:" the distribution list is displayed, but there isn't the sign "+" which usually appears before the distribution list for expanding ??? Any ideas would be grateful Thanks RW "rw1204" <rw1204@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0381B924-9F12-4852-A57C-69DC52F471DC@microsoft.com... > When I want to send message to distribution list in Outlook 2003 - I select > the distribution...

Sharepoint 2003 + Excel spreadsheet
Seems that you should be able to copy info over from Excel spreadsheet onto a Sharepoint document (w/ equal number of cells on each) yet I keep getting an error message. Are the 2 programs incompatible? I've had not difficulty in working w/ Word and Sharepoint Document in the past...trying to copy/paste info over without having to re-type the entire spreadsheet into Sharepoint. Any info would be appreciated. What is the error message? I'm puzzled by what you mean "SharePoint document"???? There really is no such thing. SharePoint is a place where documen...

2003 public folder permissions
I just read 2 different articles that said 2 different things about the pubic folders in 2003 - one said that "Everyone" had rights to create top level and sublevel folders - the other one said only specified groups (domain admins etc.) have that capability. My concern is - I am a domain admin and could not create a top level folder - so both articles seem to be wrong? As soon as I put my own id as able to create them, did it allow me. I'm new to this deny / allow permissions and just don't want to make a mess of these folders. Myself and a few other admins from other sit...

Money 2003/2004 Runs Slow
Has anybody experienced very slow response using Money. I'm finding it dead slow. My money file is 11meg. I'm running on a pentium 3 600mghz laptop. It's gotten so bad I'm thinking of going back to Quicken. I've archived everything before 2002 and I've run file repairs thinking maybe the indexing was off. Anybody else having speed issues. Thanks Phil Yes. You would have found this with either a search of more headers or a review of the group archives at http://groups.google.com. See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q4. "Phil" <anonymous@discussio...

Preview images in email Outlook 2003
In outlook express, when an image (JPEG or GIF) is attached to an email, a preview of this image is visible at the bottom of the message. Is there anyway to set this up in Outlook 2003? No. In line preview of attachments is not a feature in any version of Outlook, by design. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05dd01c3da20$62ab54b0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > In outlook express, when an image (JPEG or GIF) is > attached to an email, a preview of this image is visible > at the bottom of the message. > > ...

Where are WORD, EXCEL, and PowerPoint (2003) configurations stored
I had to reinstall Windows and all the Office programmes (but have kept the old fisk which I still can access). In my previus installation, I made several customizations (such as adding and removing buttons). Where are those configurations stored and can I copy specific configuration files to the new disk in order to have WORD, EXCEL and PowerPoint behaving as they did in my previous version. Paul, see if this helps: Description and use of the Save My Settings Wizard http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826809 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all m...

Exchange 5.5 and 2003 #3
Greetings. Our company uses Exchange 5.5 as organization and some filials have Ex2003 as main mail server. Couple of days ago users at Ex2003 stop recieving mail form 5.5 users. They're recieving NDR that user IMCEAEX_-o... is unknown. I've telneted to Ex2003 and try send mail to user@company.com it's ok. But if I try to send mail to IMCEAEX-_o=Organization_ou=COMPANY... there is no mail. I thought that it might be problem with DC connection or ADC links, but it's ok. DCDIAG pass all test, and there are no Errors in log on server with srs. Can some one help? I had the same pr...

2003 junkmail filter update
I installed the latest update for office 2003 which included a junk mail filter update. I probably shouldn't have done this, since my junk mail filter was working perfectly before. Now a lot of junk mail the filter that the filter used to catch is going to my inbox. Does anyone know what I can do to get outlook back to how it was? I tried system restore, and I also tried removing and reinstalling outlook from the CD. Neither worked. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Have you set the filter to "high"? >-----Original Message----- >I installed the latest update fo...

MS CRM Licensing along with Server 2003
Do I need to buy Server 2003 CALs for each Licensed CRM user? If you mean to ask that do you need some kind of license for Windows Server 2003 for each CRM user than no, there is no such thing. You just need to buy one Microsoft Windows Server 2003 license and install CRM on it with as many CRM User licenses you want. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "BLSnow" wrote: > Do I need to buy Server 2003 CALs for each Licensed CRM user? If you mean to ask if you n...

Can't import messages from OE 6 to OL 2003
When I try to import my mail and addresses from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2003 I get the following error: "The mail folder could not be opened. If another application is using this file, please close it and try again." I have copied the .dbx files from another computer to my new computer - so Outlook Express is not running and not using the files. In fact, I have not even set up Outlook Express on the new computer because I want to use Outlook 2003... What application could be using the files? How can I import my messages? Thanks! "James" <anonymous@discuss...

inactive arrange buttons
why are my arrange button grayed out/inactive? i want to do some text wrapping. thank you! What are you trying to wrap the text around? Is it selected? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "jeannette" <jeannette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50356545-62CD-4597-9A01-24F2F31554A7@microsoft.com... > why are my arrange button grayed out/inactive? i want to do some text > wr...

Horizontal flip is not available in tool bar or under Arrange?
I have used Publisher for years on our old computer, however, since I bought my new computer, I have not been able to find the "flip horizontal" icon on my tool bar or in the "Arrange, Rotate or Flip" buttons. The "rotate left and right" icons are in the toolbar, and are available under "Arrange, Rotate or Flip", but I cannot find any way to horizontally flip my images. Any ideas?? On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 02:54:01 +0000, baxtermom wrote (in article <21F53339-D570-4006-94AC-98D79B740546@microsoft.com>): > I have used Publisher for years on o...

Pivot Table Enhancements/Fixes in Excel 2003
We are debating migrating from Excel 2002 to 2003 to address some issues we have encountered using pivot tables running against Analysis Services cubes using pivots in Microsoft Excel 2002. I'm searching around for a comprehensive list of enhancements and fixes for Excel 2003 specifically related to the pivot table functionality and I'm having some trouble finding anything. Can you send me a link to such a list (or just the list itself) - we are specifically interested in know about any actual fixes that have gone into this version. Thanks I don't recall if there are any...

Exchange 2003 Backup Agent
I recently began testing in preparation for WinNt 4.0 Exchange 5.5 to Win 2003 SBS Exhchange 2003 migration. In the process I found that when I load the Exchange 2003 Management tools on my backup box loaded with Win 2003 SBS the Exchange backup agent does not load. Is there something I extra I need to load that I have not seen? Any help would be appreciated. Thank You, Dilbert ...

Auto correct and capitalization otlook 2003
Hi there, I am having a wierd issue with the Auto Capitalization in outlook 2003. I am using word as the email editor, and have "capitalize first letter of sentences" enabled under tools-options-spelling-auto correct. I have tried with rich text, plain text and html and it is just not capitalizing. The ONLY time i can get it to capitalize is if i diable " use word as editor" and select rich text, but this does not underline spelling and grammar so is not an option. I have installed all the service packs and updates. Repaired and re-installed office. It works flawlessly o...

Outlook 2003 Rules #3
If rules were not exported, however the entire user's directory in Documents and Settings was saved, is it possible to retrieve or restore Outlook rules? Thank you in advance. Rules in Outlook 2002 and 2003 are stored in the .pst file. If the same ..pst file is being used on another computer, the rules migrate with the rest of the .pst file. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer...

Publisher 2003 #7
Is there a flaw in my plan? I presently have Publisher 2000. Most (if not all) the more prominent Publisher users here are praising 2003. OK I'm now a believer and plan to go to 2003 by doing the following: Presently I have Windows 98SE UPDATED with the Microsoft $20 CD from Windows 98 OEM (Micron Computers). If there is such a thing as Windows 2000 Upgrade CD, use it. Once Windows 2000 using FAT32 file system is installed. Install Publisher 2003 and thus be in the new wing of hotel happiness. Anyone see any land mines? I would like to still be able to use Word 97 and Works 4.5a for...

Outlook 2003 Liink Insertion (Font Color)
When I install a link (e-mail or website), in Outlook 2003, the font color is always purple. Where can I go to make the default blue in color? Thanks...Keith That is controlled by Internet Options-> Color. Note that when you visit a link the color is different by default as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Keith" <keith@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1KbTc.20174$9Y6.16254@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net... > When I...

IMAP Support ... Outlook 2003 / Verizon / iphone
In Outlook 2003, at my Verizon e-mail account, I have created folders under the "Personal Folder" entitled "Saved E-mails" with sub-folders for those e-mails I wish to keep for a while. These folders I created, do not appear for me to move e-mails into while I go thru my mail using my iphone. I have only inbox, Sent & Trash as options to move while viewing. Also, when I trash an e-mail using my iphone the message stays in Outlook as never viewed. I was advised that MS Outlook dosen't support IMAP. Is this true?? I have an AOL account that when...

SBS 2003 with ntbackup and Tandberg RDX Quikstor
I have just got a Tandberg RDX Quikstor unit I have used ntbackup in SBS 2003 to an external hard drive with no problems. When I try to reconfigure the backup with RDX Quijstor drive unit it sees the tandberg RDX Quikstor unit as CD or floopy drive and will not locate the hard driive cartridge. Tandgerg compabilty info show SBS 2003 as OK Anybody got any experience of this or any ideas or I have just wasted some money? -- Allan C This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03A7_01CAA97C.4DAECA60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" ...

Outlook 2003 #220
Running Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2000 on Windows XP after a few minutes( about 10 baloon pops up stating Outlook cannot connect to Exchange server it also brings up (sometimes username and password box) after repeated ballons Outlook will either connect on it's own or crash but Outlook.exe still runs in the process list only way back up is tro kill the process. Any ideas???? ...