OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

I have been having a problem recently that is probably an easy fix .... just
need some guidance.

Running OL 2002 on an XP PRO machine connected to a Windows 2000 Server and
Exchange 2000. Everytime I go to attach a file to an email it takes forever
to navigate through the trees, often resulting in the program freezing.

Have tried Detect and Repair but no difference. Problem just started a few
weeks ago but have not added anything to my system.

Can anyone help?

0
fake9085 (17)

MSOutlook 2000 Corrupts Incoming Mail Attachments
I am using MSOutlook 2000 on company LAN and attachments with incoming e-mails are being corrupted/lost. If I do not use MSOutlook but use webmail to view my mail on server, attachments are fine. What is going wrong? What happens if you select File | Save Attachments on one of these messages that have a corrupted/lost attachment? (or better stated, does the size field indicate that the attachment is still there even if you can't see it?) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

Operation Failed opening attachment
hi all, We have 2 machines here which randomly display the following error when trying to open attachments in outlook "operation failed" They are both running Win XP Pro using Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6626) SP3 Sometimes they open fine, other times they display the message, the attachments are normally word or excel files. Cheers in advanced.. ...

excel 2002 #13
Have they increased the size of the spreadsheet. How many lines are there? Fred, The number of rows remains at 64K and the number of columns remains at 256. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Fred Accuardi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:242201c4a4cb$0e5a1ec0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Have they increased the size of the spreadsheet. How many > lines are there? Hi Fred 65,536 rows by 256 columns Look in the help for Excel specifications and limits Not possible to a...

Converting Publisher 2002 catalog to PDF
I created a catalog using Publisher 2002. Now I need to convert it to PDF. The problem is that when I convert if, the pages do not appear in consecutive order (i.e., the first page of the catalog appears with the last page). Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Are you producing the catalog as a saddle-stitched book? What you are getting is printer's/press spreads, which, unless it is going on a large format press, is probably fine for your printer. If you are printing separate sheets to be bound by a different method, or if it is going on a large format press, and the printe...

CAN'T OPEN PC-ORIGINATED WORD DOCS ON iMAC
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel sorry for the really basic new-guy question (i just got an iMac) but when i go to open some PC-originated .doc and all .docx files, i get an error that reads &quot;Word cannot open this document. The document might be in use or might not be a valid word document.&quot; !? anyone have any guidance? i've installed all the updates ... no luck. <br><br>thanks. > sorry for the really basic new-guy question (i just got an iMac) but when i go to open some PC-originated .doc and all .docx f...

Sending Attachments #14
In Outlook 2000, when I added an attachment to an e-mail message, the name of the attachment neatly appeared on a line just under the subject line. In Outlook 2003, when I add an attachment, a rather large icon representing the attachment appears plonk in the middle of the message, wherever the cursor was last located, just before I clicked on the attachment button. I've looked, but can't find any way to make Outlook 2003 behave as Outlook 2000 did. Is there a way? If so, what is it? Thanks. -- Bob S. "Bob" <xxxx@xxxxx.com> wrote in message news:esskk2tc2796h9en5...

Send To as attachment
When I click the Send To (As attachment) from withing MS Excel, Outlook Express opens. When I do it from withing Word, AOL Opens. I want AOL to be the default for MS Excel too. How do I change this? ...

Trouble opening zip attachments
My Outlook 07 email has suddenly started trying to open every zip attachment with Internet Explorer, which doesn't work. I assume I must have somehow inadvertently changed the default setting for what Outlook uses to open this kind of attachment, but I can't find a way of re-setting that default. Any advice? Outlook doesn't choose what to open a file with, Windows does. Set the appropriate application to open a Zip file with in Windows Explorer. Tools > Folder Options > File Types. "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Try again: Using mail-to hyperlink with an attachment
I'm creating forms using Excel and Word. Somewhere in the form is an email address. I can use Edit-hyperlink to specify the recipient address of the email address as well as the subject field. Great. What I'd really like is to be able to specify that the form file itself (the ..doc or .xls) is also attached to the email message. I'd like to specify that right in the hyperlink. Then it can act as a workflow. I don't know anything about VBA so I'd rather not go there. Is this possible? Hi Hall, No, I don't think it is possible without some amount of VBA - I c...

money2004 hanging on updates
I upgraded from money2003 to money2004 last night, then went to online updates. The program can download my bank transactions but when it gets to "updating securities and news" it hangs. I cancel, and it hangs on "cancelling call". I end up having to cont-alt-del and restart money. Happens every time. Any suggestions or is it a server problem? thanks in advance In microsoft.public.money, jeff wrote: >I upgraded from money2003 to money2004 last night, then >went to online updates. The program can download my bank >transactions but when it gets to &q...

Outlook 2002 backup question...please help!
Hi all, I am having a problem with windows which may require me to reformat. I cannot get into outlook (2002) via windows, but I can access files from dos. Can someone please tell me where the data files for outlook 2002 are stored, and which ones I'd need to copy? Thanks in advance for any help. Jim See if this info helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "Jim" <lakerfan426@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OUhIH0oTGHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I am having a problem with windows which may require me to reformat. I >...

OL '02 merge PST files
How can I merge a PST file from another computer into my outlook? Both versions are the same (2002). Wanted some advice before trying and messing it up!! Thanks If the PCs are connected via a network link, copy the file over and either open it in Outlook (File | Open | Outlook Data File) and drag the folders/messages into your existing personal folders. If they're not connected, you'll have to find alternate means of getting the file over. If you end up burning it to a CD, make sure you copy it from the CD to the target machine and uncheck the read-only attribute in the file's...

Outlook 2002 questions
Hello, on starting Outlook 2002, I would like Outlook to automatically dial a connection, and send/receive immediately - but I would prefer it not to perform a background send/receive every x minutes. Is it possible to do all this? Thanks Mr Shed Mister Shed schrieb am 24.01.2005 14:18: > Hello, on starting Outlook 2002, I would like Outlook to automatically dial > a connection, and send/receive immediately - but I would prefer it not to > perform a background send/receive every x minutes. Is it possible to do all > this? Tools | Options | E-Mail-Setup | Send/Receiv...

Cannot open attachments
I'm running Office 97 and when I try to open an excel attachment in Outlook I get the error message in Excel saying "The system cannot find the file specified" I ahve gone to the options and 'Ignore other applications' is ticked, I have ran the excel.exe /unregserver and /regserver command and reticked 'Ignore other applications', but still the same problem. Any ideas would be grateful. All I can suggest is you try saving the attachments first- it could b xl can't "see" the outlook file. If you want more help you might want to try the outlo...

Embedding a single workbook in a word doc
I prepare memos and I insert a bunch of tables out of a single excel file with a bunch of interlinked sheets. I typically insert them as pictures or linked pictures; however we often email the memo around for comments and and it gets complicated to have multiple versions and keep the links current. The other option is to insert the tables as embedded objects; however, if I do that, each table becomes a separate excel file, so I can=92t make changes to one and have it reflected in the tables throughout the document. Is there any way to create a single embedded workbook which I use several ti...

Outlook 2003 messages with attachments hang
When I open an email with an attachment in Outlook 2003 Symantec will scan the attachment and Outlook will wait for 30 seconds before trying to open it again. I want the messages scanned, but it doesn't take 30 seconds to do so. My outlook 2000 clients do not have this problem and their attachments are scanned. Can I configure Outlook to wait 1 to 2 seconds before trying again? >-----Original Message----- >When I open an email with an attachment in Outlook 2003 >Symantec will scan the attachment and Outlook will wait >for 30 seconds before trying to open it again. ...

Outlook 2003 links and attachments
I am all for security, but when it gets in the way..look out! :^) Operating System XP Pro 2002 SP 1 (build 2600) Office 2003/Outlook 2003 ver. 11 (build 5608) Here is two of my problems: 1. I can open Outlook 2003 and attach a file to an email and send without problems. When I am on the Net, and go through IE I try to send a link. Outlook strips the .com or .html or what ever the extension is from the link, making the link useless. 2. If I need to send a file from my hard drive to someone and use the "Send To" option with the right click, I get the new mail window with the attac...

Windows Mail can't receive attachment from Outlook 2003
My friend using Outlook 2003 send a email that content attachment to me ( using Windows Mail) and the others friend that (using Outlook 2007). I can received the email but the attachment is missing, but the others friend he can received this email and the attachment together. Any solutions for this issue? Please help. Ask your friend (and any other Outlook users) to only send messages to you in Plain Text format, especially if there's an attachment. Keen wrote: > My friend using Outlook 2003 send a email that content attachment to me ( > using Windows Mail) an...

Add Vendor Doc. No. to Return from Project Entry screen
We can enter the Vendor Doc. No. in the Returns from Inventory Entry but there is no available field in the Return from Project Entry screen. We'd also like to have the Apply To option when entering a return so the invoice and the credit could link on the PM side. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and th...

Cannot open an attachment #2
Hello, I work with Microsoft Outlook 2000. Since, I've updated my Acrobat Reader to 7.0 version, I cannot open PDF attachment files from outlook. The message I get is :"The system cannot find the file specified". I think it cannot find the new Acrobat Reader exe file, but it is looking for the 6.0 version I had before. Is there a way to check it, change it ? Thanks, Janiv Ratson. Does it behave in the same manner outside of Outlook? If so, you may only have to reassign its file association. Control Panel > Folder Options, select File Types, scroll down to PDF files and hi...

Iterate through collection of attachments
In my Outlook.Attachment collection I want to be able to distinguish between real attachments as opposed to images that have been embedded in the message body. However, in the attachment collection of objects, I am not sure how I can do this as they are all just treated as attachments and there is no distinguishing feature that I acn see to tell them apart. File type will not suffice I dont think? Outlook.MailItem mi = (get MSG file from database); // Iterate through the attachments foreach (Outlook.Attachment att in mi.Attachments) { // I only want to save real attachments, eg i...

Outlook client 2002 and 2000 are hang when restart DCs
Hi We have Windows 2000 one forest one domain with six sites setup, each site has atleast one DCs with GC role, The head office have two DCs (DC1 and DC2) and both are GC as well. There is only one exchange 2000 in Head office on MS cluster which hosting around 4000 users, All Windows 2000 servers has SP4 and upto datae critical patches including MS clsuters, Exchange 2000 has SP4. Now when ever we restart any one DC either 1 or 2, our outlook clients seem to be hang, we cannot open global address list, and following evnts get in application log of exchange node, these two DCs are appea...

Money 2002 #17
Hlep. I want to know how to re-set Money to just a blank slate - 0 balance. I just need to start over with putting in transactions. The payees and things can stay & the account is the same but I need to start over with the tracking. I also want to know how to stop Money from popping up on the screen when I first log on to my account. My husband & I share the computer, but we manage files from different accounts and such. Can anyone help? The answer to the first question is that it is very difficult to do one without doing the other. The answer to the second question ...

Excel 2002 configuration
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00E6_01C3ECD1.C34FE920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there any way to disable the little green corner marker in the top = left of cell for all cases where the formula references empty cells?=20 Thanks, Alan ------=_NextPart_000_00E6_01C3ECD1.C34FE920 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

Publisher 2002 Content Index
I need to do a cumulative newsletter index containing topics that I have published in the past 8 issues. Can Publisher 2002 do this effectively? Thanks Barry ...