OL 2000 .pst file moving to new computer

I am trying to export a OL 2000 .pst file running under
Windows XP with SP 1.  I want to export or save the file
so I can open it up on my other computer using Outlook
2000 under Windows 98.  When opening the outlook.pst file
on the computer with Windows 98 I received the following
message - "File access is denied;  You do not have the
permission required to access the file C:\WINDOWS\Local
Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
outlook.pst."  I had exported that outlook.pst file to a
CD and then copied it into
WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
and then launched Outlook and chose the outlook.pst
file.

How can I get this to work so I can transfer my outlook
files to the second computer?
0
ron.ruff (1)

This is happening because the PST file has the read-only attribute turned
on, as a result of being copied from read-only media (the CD-ROM).  Navigate
to the file on your C drive, right click on it, select "Properties", uncheck
the read-only checkbox, and click OK.

"Ron Ruff" <ron.ruff@eer.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to export a OL 2000 .pst file running under
> Windows XP with SP 1.  I want to export or save the file
> so I can open it up on my other computer using Outlook
> 2000 under Windows 98.  When opening the outlook.pst file
> on the computer with Windows 98 I received the following
> message - "File access is denied;  You do not have the
> permission required to access the file C:\WINDOWS\Local
> Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
> outlook.pst."  I had exported that outlook.pst file to a
> CD and then copied it into
> WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
> and then launched Outlook and chose the outlook.pst
> file.
>
> How can I get this to work so I can transfer my outlook
> files to the second computer?

0
someone1 (389)

RNDIS .INF file signing process
I would like to know what is the best procedure to follow up, in order to sign our .INF file that uses the RNDIS Windows driver. The idea is to eliminate the prompt-message raised at installation time by Windows saying that the driver was not validated by Windows Logo Program.The .INF file points only to already installed .sys Windows files for RNDIS. Thank You! ...

New CRM installation
just a quick question that I'm struggling with. I assume that it's possible, when installing a new CRM installation Outlook client, that it's possible to import all the cotnacts that were already created in Outlook? Situation: I have a client who has about 1000+ outlook contacts created and wants to get all of these problemless in CRM. I think that this is a very simple feature but can't find the answer nonetheless how this exactly works. Thanks. There are two simple options: You can export his Outlook contacts to a csv file and clean it up, then use the import wizar...

Project Server file versions
In Project Server 2007 is there a way to save off snapshots of a schedule? Currently we check our schedules into Sharepoint, which has file revision history built in, but Project Server 2007 doesn't seem to have a similar capability. I realize I can use baselining to track differences between points in a project history, but let's say for example I make a series of updates to a schedule, publish that project into Project Server, only to find out later that the situation has changed and I need to back out all those changes. How would I get back? I suppose one soluti...

Microsoft Sale$15.99up Computers ,Software,Hardware,Visual,Gaming
Microsoft Sale$15.99up Computers ,Software,Hardware,Visual,Gaming http://microsofthelper.itgo.com/ From $15.99 - up Computers,Note Books,Software,Hardware,Gaming,Visual,PDA's and more Free shipping and handling for a limited time! Brand new store! GREAT COMPUTER DEALS! http://microsofthelper.itgo.com/ Closing thread -- Phil Melek Microsoft Corp. ...

Lost File Share #3
Before 15 January, I had 2 PC's set to share a calendar (via email). However, on 15 January, one of the PC's received the following message: "Oulook caused invalid page fault in module fldpub.dll at 015f:4c51a697". I went to the support page and printed the resolutions for that error. However, since then, the calendar does not share. How can I share (via email) again? One of the PC's is a laptop and is only connected to the network during the day (that is why I am/was sharing the calendar via email versus putting the calendar on the shared drive of the net...

Upgrade 9 to 10 only work if update instance, not if new instance
I'm testing a GP 9 to 10 upgraded on a test server. Everything installs; however, GP Utilities will bomb out if I created a new instance when installing 10. There is no error message, it just fails. If I do an update to the 9 instance, it works fine. Why should this make any difference? It's the only thing I'm changing in the two installs. Thanks Not sure I understand. What do you mean by "instance"? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster...

Dafaults for new Worksheets
I have a file that I continually add worksheets to. With each new worksheet I have to reset the page set-up with regards to margins; header and footers etc. I assumed that copying a correct worksheet to the new one would simply copy over all my requirements but it doesn't. Can this be done once in the file instead of each new worksheet Thanks Hi John you can create a teplmate for new sheets/workbooks. Have a look at the Excel help for 'Templates' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany John wrote: > I have a file that I continually add worksheets to. With each new >...

Microsoft Office 2000 Publisher
On my old computer using Windows 98 I had Publisher and some .pub files. On my new computer using XP, I loaded the Office Suite, but I no longer see Publisher. I still have the other Office programs, but even Setup doesn't show Publisher anymore. I need Publisher to see and work with my .pub files, but can't. How do I get Publisher back? Which version and edition of Office did you try to install? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "GJ" <GJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

My screen in Publisher 2000 is green. How do I get it back to norm
I opened up an exisiting document and the whole window area is green. When going in to the colour menus the basic colour palette has the same green overlay on each colour block. this is only happening in this document and not in any other files. The monitor settings are all normal and everything else looks normal. The document is used for a website, and when using the web page preview, the webpage is normal in the explorer window (coreect colours etc). Please help! I can send screen shots if that woudl help anyone solve this for me! Trinity wrote: > I opened up an exisiting document...

where can I find CWinApp file in a regular dll (not extension) wizard created project
Hi. I created a dll using the regular (not extension) dll wizard in vc++ 6.0. I was wondering where I can find this CWinApp file so I can put initialization code and exit code in it? I don't see it in the file view and of course I am not very experienced with this ide. thanks for probably the obvious. Jeff Kish If it is not an MFC DLL, it probably doesn't have a CWinApp class. Find In Files is a useful tool to know about. Look for DllMain. See what it does on entry. If it doesn't call InitInstance, then you don't have a CWinApp class. joe On Wed, 02 May 2007 1...

Restoring Backup pst files
I backed up my Outlook files and want to bring them back into Outlook. I attempted to import them from the backup location only to be informed that I don't have permission to do this. The whole point of backing them up was to restore them after a recent upgrade of my OS. Can anyone advise me how this can be done. I need to access the emails and contacts. Do not use the import feature. Simply copy back the pst-file from you backup location to a convenient place such as My Documents\Outlook. If this is from a read only location such a CD or DVD, make sure the "Read Onl...

formatting or moving a radar chart's axis labels
I am attempting to change the orientation of a radar chart's axis labels. Its orientation seems locked in place immediately to the left of the 360=B0 gridline. I would like the ability to display the axis labels directly over the range rings and along other gridlines, such as 180=B0 or 270=B0. With other charts, the formatting option allows one to select "high", "low", or "next to axis" to change the position of the axis. This maneuver seems to have no affect whatsoever on a radar chart. As a final resort, I suppose I could turn the axis labels off...

import fixed-length text file into excel
- 2 2299 Del Pietro M Wintervill NC 1:18:26 2:44:0 2:44:11 6:16 - 1 2045 Robert Marchinko M Salisbury NC 1:15:34 2:31:1 2:31:20 5:47 I have a text file where each field starts at same column and of th same length in each record. I tried cut&Paste, I tried opening it in excel as a tab delimited file I tried as a fixed-length file None of these worked. Data came in scrambled or into scrunched columns If the data were a table then cut&paste works great. What's the secret in loading above 2 records into Excel? I couldn' simulate the look ...

New to XML services book recommendation please
Hi all, I am about to move into programming using an xml web services model. The first thing I need to know is whether you can use them privately within a corporate LAN, or whether you need to be connected to the internet for something. Secondly I'd like a good book recommendation (I'm in the UK). The documentation online is a minefield if you aren't familiar with the whole ..net framework. I am very comfortable with C++ and the traditional framework model. I understand the reason for the XML services model but none of the specifics regarding implementation. I also know next to ...

Printing from Outlook 2000
My office clients run are on NT 4.0 SP 5. What used to be an occasional problem over the last couple of years of losing a printer connection is now happening with much greater frequency. This happen to local printing as well as from the network. All our printers are HP models. User send e-mails to print and can get the following behaviour, . A) The item doesn't print B) The default printer is grayed out and cannot be changed C) Always fails using the icon, sometimes using the File menu is a workaround, but not consistent. The only solution so far is to logout of Outlook and ba...

saving an imported file as xl template
I have an excel template and i imported data from another application how do i save it to that template? I do this everyday. Thanks Dakota Are you looking for a macro suggestion? If yes, then try recording a macro when you do it once. Post back with some more details if you get stuck. dakota wrote: > > I have an excel template and i imported data from another > application how do i save it to that template? I do this > everyday. > > Thanks > Dakota -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

File Sharing
I have been trying to set up a folder to share on my home network. I go through the procedure and click done, but the folder does not show up as being shared. (I do not get the little icon on the folder). When I try to see it from the other computer it is not there. The printers are all there, and the windows preset folder are there. I disabled password and made sure that file and print sharing were enabled. The only computer I am having the problem with is the VISTA computer. The XP and Win7 work fine. Where am I going wrong? Thanks in advance Chris "Chris...

How to Microsoft Publisher 2000 install with XP
How do I install Microsoft Publisher from the total Office 2000 CD on my new laptop running XP Professional? I need full instructions. From what has been stated here in the past, put CD #2 in the CD drive and follow the instructions. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Bev" <Bev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3E6D722-A5B2-49E7-9BC6-1DC958BB5A15@microsoft.com... > How do I install Microsoft Publisher from the total Office 2000 CD on my > new > laptop running XP Professional? I need full instructions. ...

How to copy a file from a disk to a specified sector of another di
Hi, I want to perform the following operations given below. 1. Read a file from a disk 2. Write the same file to another disk 3. In the second disk the written file should be on the same cylinder/track/sector as it is on the first disk. Hoping to get a reply soon. TIA. regards, Jahfer V P. you can't do this at a file level. Thanks Vipin "Jahfer V P" <Jahfer V P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:846B7A49-C2FC-405C-8B96-4CF48356717A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want to perform the following operations given below. > > 1. Read a file fro...

Web Browser Control on MFC View will crash application when view is destroied after loading XML file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C61216.9AE57FB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dynamically create an web browser control and put it on a view in a MDI = application. Navigate the control to a XML file on the local machine, = with style sheets in the same directory. Then, after closing the view, = the application will crash in about 2 minutes. And it consistantly = throws an exception at this line in wincore.cpp // call original wndproc for default handling if (bCallDefault) lRes...

missing new mail notification icon
Hello, I have 2 users running Office 2007 Enterprise SP2 on Vista Enterprise SP2 and each is missing their new mail notification icons. I understand this only works with mail that remains in the inbox (instead of being moved via a rule to another folder). Neither user is hiding the taskbar and "show an envelope icon in the notification area" is enabled in Advance e-mail options of outlook. Any suggestions for what else to look for here? thanks, CK "CK" <CK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBFB0D51-EA91-4F3D-A9C0-E40F242BE83C@m...

Archive file size #2
Yesterday, I decided to split my archive file that is around 1.2gb size. So I created a new archive file (old archive.pst), and archived archive.pst to that. It all seemed to work, but the size of the original file is to all intents and purposes the same! How can that be? I thought archiving MOVED the files rather than copying them. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to reduce the size of my original archive file? Many thanks rdc You need to compact the PST file after removing items out of it. This is done by right clicking on the top folder ("personal folders&q...

importing old money info into new PC with money 2004
group, We bought a new PC, installed MS money 2004, and now want to import the records from the old box to the new one. Does any one know the path for doing so. Thank you, Dave- In microsoft.public.money, David U. wrote: > We bought a new PC, installed MS money 2004, and now >want to import the records from the old box to the new >one. Does any one know the path for doing so. If you can do it easily, copy the .mny file to the new box into your Documents folder. Double-click it in Windows Exp...

Chart disappears in Excel 2000 after scale is changed
When the scale of the chart is changed, the chart disappears. The chart and its data are on the same worksheet. ...

Excel Link to another Excel file and formulas
I have a formula that I want to "fill" down through my spreadsheet ='I:\filepath\[filename.xls]worksheet!$B$5 When I fill the formula down it does not change the reference. e.g. ='I:\filepath\[filename.xls]worksheet!$B$6 ='I:\filepath\[filename.xls]worksheet!$B$7 ='I:\filepath\[filename.xls]worksheet!$B$8 Everything remains as referencing $B$5 How can I get around this issue? Thanks, RICK The problem is that your use of an absolute reference is holding the cell reference constant. Try changing the $B$5 to: $B5 if you want to keep the column set as B as you...