Offline address book #5

Hi

We are still using Outlook 97 on our Laptops at work.  I would like to place
a copy of our "Global Address List (Offline)" which is located somewhere on
my works laptop, onto my own PC at home to save typing in several hundred
email addresses.  Can anyone help with what I need to look for and how I can
do it?

--
Kind Regards

Mick

Mick <micksoutham@msn.com> wrote:

> We are still using Outlook 97 on our Laptops at work.  I would like
> to place a copy of our "Global Address List (Offline)" which is
> located somewhere on my works laptop, onto my own PC at home to save
> typing in several hundred email addresses.  Can anyone help with what
> I need to look for and how I can do it?

Looking at my PC seems to indicate that Outlook 2003, the Offline GAL is
located in the folder %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook and the files have the type ".oab".  Perhaps Outlook
97 is similar.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/5/2005 4:28:06 PM
Thanks Brian

I have found the file you mentioned of the type ".oab"  there are 5 files in
total, called "anrdex", "browse", "details", "rdndex" and "tmplts" as
"details" is the largest file I guess that is the one I am looking for.  I
have tried to add a new personal address book but Outlook 2002 will not let
me as I already have one.  I though if I created a new personal address book
I would be able to point it to the "details" file (or other file if not the
correct one).  Do you know how I should do this, any help would be very
welcome.

Regards

Mick

> Mick <micksoutham@msn.com> wrote:
>
>> We are still using Outlook 97 on our Laptops at work.  I would like
>> to place a copy of our "Global Address List (Offline)" which is
>> located somewhere on my works laptop, onto my own PC at home to save
>> typing in several hundred email addresses.  Can anyone help with what
>> I need to look for and how I can do it?
>
> Looking at my PC seems to indicate that Outlook 2003, the Offline GAL is
> located in the folder %UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook and the files have the type ".oab".  Perhaps
> Outlook 97 is similar.
> --
> Brian Tillman

Mick <micksoutham@msn.com> wrote:

> I have found the file you mentioned of the type ".oab"  there are 5
> files in total, called "anrdex", "browse", "details", "rdndex" and
> "tmplts" as "details" is the largest file I guess that is the one I
> am looking for.  I have tried to add a new personal address book but
> Outlook 2002 will not let me as I already have one.  I though if I
> created a new personal address book I would be able to point it to
> the "details" file (or other file if not the correct one).  Do you
> know how I should do this, any help would be very welcome.

"Personal Address Book" and "Offline Address Book" have nothing to do with
each other.  In fact, the Personal Address Book is obsolete and shouldn't be
used.  The OAB files are the offline version of the Global Address List.  It
will be referenced by an Exchange account working offline.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

CDialog #5
Hi, I have a method calling to my dialog. I'm calling to this method to show mt dialog is in the start ( InitInstance()) and in the OnCheckNow() option from the menu. I want to display only one performance of this dialog. I set CListViewDlg dlg as global var, then in the method that create my dialog: dlg.DestroyWindow();//????? int nResponse = dlg.DoModal(); It's correct to DestroyWindow anyway?? it's working to me..but is it a correct way to do this? Thanking you in anticipation!!! "Yael" <Yael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBC2018F-1C48...

Getting Mailbox Sizes in 5.5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C66CFC.93298CD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Working on an Exchange 5.5 to 2K3 migration. Is there any easy way to = get a list of mailboxes with their sizes from the Exchange 5.5 = directory? I know I can use System Admin to see each server and then = export the list, but is there a way to this, maybe with a script so I = don't have to export the list from each server separately? Thanks. Jerry ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C66CFC.93298CD0 Co...

1018 error while taking bkp in exchange 5.5
We have transfered all the mails to local pst file. I don't have onlne backup to restore to eliminate 1018 error.Offline bakup what I have is one month old, will it resolve the problem if I restore that. I have only option to run eseutil /p (hard repair) on database. what will be the implication on site. Kidly suggest. >-----Original Message----- >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;812531 >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;314917 >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;151789 >Basically you have to restor...

Help #5
Below is what I have on a spreadsheet. I need sum up the P&L values for each period (month) by counterparty. If the sum is positive it is an AR, If negative an AP. Anyone know a quick way to do this? Period Counterpart P/L AR AP Jul-05 Coke 5000 Jul-05 Coke 10000 In D2 =IF(C2>0,"AR",) In E2 =IF(C2>0,"AP",) Then highlight D2 to E3 and hit control d "Tim T via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > > Below is what I have on a spreadsheet. I need sum up the P&L values for each > period (month) by count...

macro for comparing fields in two work books
Hello, I have two excel spread sheets (say A1 & A2). A1- is the master sprea sheet and A2 is smaller spread sheet with very few details. Suppose Column B in A2 has 100 partnumbers and Column C in A1 has th superset of partumbers (1000) and corresponding details for each par number, I need to: 1. Check if all the 100 part numbers in A2 has a corresponding match i A1 2. Extract the info for the matched partnumbers from A1 and list in seprate sheet. 3. Even if there in no match A1, let's say for 40 of them, it shoul still list those parts in the new sheet. Can anybody help me with t...

can,t find my e-mail address
please help reply thank you "dc columbus robbins" <robbinsnest@localnet.com> wrote in message news:eJFE6ktBIHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > please help reply thank you This newsgroup is for questions and answers about Microsoft Access database software. You need to find a newsgroup for the software you are using. And, just for your information, you have to be a great deal more specific about what you are doing, and what is happening, if you expect anyone to be able to give you a helpful answer. "Can't find my e-mail address" doesn't tell ...

Full email address showing on sent emails?
Using Outlook 2000 for email (I checked this time, Brian!). In the sent file, *some* of my emails are not showing the full email address and only the name. Why is this so with some only? And how can I arrange that on all outgoing emails (as I compose them) and in the sent mailbox the full email address (including the @billyboggs.com part) is showing? TIA aalaan <aalaan@tpg.com.au> wrote: > In the sent file, *some* of my emails are not showing the full email > address and only the name. Why is this so with some only? What I suspect is that you have the Display Name define...

Import/Export addresses
I have contacts in Outlook 2003 that I would like to export to Outlook express and need some help on the best way to do this. Thanks "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:v-idnQYiANC_CFLZnZ2dnUVZ_qqdnZ2d@comcast.com... >I have contacts in Outlook 2003 that I would like to export to Outlook >express and need some help on the best way to do this. Thanks > In Outlook, export Contacts as csv file. In Outlook Express, Import-Other address book-Text file csv. HTH ...

scripting adding obj-users and mdb-use-defaults to exchange 5.5 users
I have successfully created a script for creating exchange 5.5 users. I can't however, figure out how to add the assoc-nt-account to the obj-users [pseudo attribute] or set MDB-Use-Defaults to True :-( Can anyone offer advice on how to do this [other than generate a CSV file and use the exchange admin tool to import it]? Thanks Wayne ...

Migrating E5.5 Mailboxes with ADC created disabled accounts to to E2K3
I am getting to the end of my migration but still have all the resource mailboxes with ADC generated diabled accounts in AD to migrate. I'm not sure how to proceed with this. Can I just enable the accounts in AD migrate the mailbox and disable it again or do I have to create a whole new account in AD delete the ADC generated account and re-attached the new account to the mailbox in E5.5 then migrate it to E2K3? You can use the accounts it created. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "JoeAHM" <joseph.gonzalez@a...

a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you Stored n Outlook
Hi - After installing Acrobat Standard 6.0, when I try to send an email message using Word or any other program, I get an Outlook message saying "a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook". The only choices I get are to allow access for one instance or for a short period of time. What I want to do is to ALWAYS allow Word, PowerPoint, Excel and ACT to access my Outlook e-mail addresses. I went to the Office Service Pack 3 page, which said "To prevent the PDFMaker COM Addin from loading, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Offi...

Pivot Table VBA Reference Book & Blank Cells
Hi Everyone, I have a Pivot Table in Access 2003 and need the blank/null cells on the data axis to display "0". This is easy to do in Excel but I have searched through all of the options in Access and cannot find it. What is the VBA code required to set this option? Can anyone suggest a good reference book or website for coding Pivot Tables with VBA? Many thanks, David ...

I need .5 instead of .3 on total time on time sheet
I need to make the total time at the end of the week show .5 (39.5 hours) not .3 (39.3 hours) What formula? What value of the source cells? What formatting? -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Anthonyt65" <Anthonyt65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B4BFDEF-6625-42E9-ACC3-143C5C8C8832@microsoft.com... >I need to make the total time at the end of the week show .5 (39.5 hours) > not .3 (39.3 hours) try =MROUND(F2,0.5) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Anthonyt65" <Anthonyt65@discussions.microsoft.c...

wHY WON'T MOST DOWNLOADED .XLS FILES OPEN IN VERSION 5.0 ?
I am still using Excel Version 5.0. (Ha-Ha) When I try to open a .XLS file from a Website, I get an error message reading something like: "not a valid ..xls file" Is this because 5.0 is so old, or is there another issue here? How can I deal with this? Thank you. When xl97 was released, the format of the .xls files changed. xl97 (and above) can read those old file versions, but that old version can't read the newer files. Time to visit eBay (xl2k should be available/cheap)???? Al the Elder wrote: > > I am still using Excel Version 5.0. (Ha-Ha) When I try to op...

How to print 4 panels on 8.5" x 14" paper
I have been trying to print a document that I made on a 4 panel layout. I changed the paper size to 8.5" x14" and I changed the layout to landscape. The document does not print out correctly. Can anyone help me? Please define "does not print out properly". Just because you change the paper size does not mean that your design will automatically rescale itself to fit in the new size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Katie" <Katie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03F70C7F-D27B-4122-908C-20A926F0A6CA@microsoft.com... &g...

Excel -how do I edit an entry that's an email address
Excel has that annoying function that makes all email addresses clickable (like it or not), but as such, are extremely difficult to edit. How do I easily select it only to make changes? -- To reply by email, remove the word "space" Select the cell that the email address is in just by arrowing over to it if you don't want to accidentally click the email and then go to Insert- Hyperlink and on the bottom left of the box click "remove link" and then the email address won't be clickable anymore, thus your problem solved. This is annoying and in word I think you can...

OWA Access
I’m having a problem accessing mailboxes on a newly added Exchange server (cluster server) via the front end OWA servers. I can access the mailboxes when using the address of the back end server in the browser (even from a browser running on the front end server). I get an error “401 5 0” at the end of the IIS log and I’m redirected back to the logon screen with the following message: You could not be logged on to Outlook Web Access. Make sure your domain\user name and password are correct, and then try again. Relevant Version Info! Front End Exchange 2003 SP1 Windows 2003 Exchange 2...

Extra/incorrect names in "To" address drop-down list
After you have sent emails to recipients, Windows Mail "remembers" the names/email addresses. Unfortunately, if you send an email using an incorrectly typed email address it remembers it also. Therefore, when you type the first letter of the recipient you are sending a message, both the incorrect and correct address appears, which can be troublesome if the incorrect address is not apparent. How do you remove the incorrect address from the drop-down? Thanks in advance. "lawdog1881" <lawdog1881@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C561E...

A 2nd version 2007 contact address book?
Is it possible to have two address books for contacts in Outlook 2007? If so, how to add..... Both are for personal use, one to maintain e-mail addresses seldom used and the other for daily use. I do not use enterprise, just ppo. tia shellyf wrote: > Is it possible to have two address books for contacts in Outlook 2007? > If so, how to add..... Both are for personal use, one to maintain > e-mail addresses seldom used and the other for daily use. Point to the Contacts folder. Right-click. Add new subfolder and name whatever you like. Now you have another contact-type folder. If ...

HELP Exchange 5.5 services down
Hi, Our Exchange server private store has reached 16 GB. If I can't use eseutil /d/ispriv to defrag because I don't have disk space... and can't open the private store in the Exchange Administrator to move mailboxes to another server (the private store service won't start because of the problem) WHAT NOW? Carolyn see this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;828070 "CSW" <CSW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A59B7BB3-E4A8-43ED-844C-B2AEC705F184@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Our Exchange server private store has re...

Global address book changes
We need to update info on most of our users in our Global address book. Is there any way to do this without actually being on the Exchange Server? Is there a remote client of some sort that can do this? Or any way that we could make these changes other computers (at remote facilities perhaps)? thanks, Mike If you install the Windows 2000 or Windows 2003 admin pack then install the Exchange Mgmt Tools on your workstation, you can administer user accounts and mailboxes from your workstation. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2975301c4...

unexpected program trying to access my e-mail addresses
every time i open a new message i get this pop-up from outlook: A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "NO". Allow access for (1min-10mins) YES NO HELP the help button gives no help on stopping this from happening. every time i click "No", then later open a mail, the same pop-up appears. i dearnt choose "YES"!!! can anyone help???? Installed Office 2002 SP3 lately? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002...

Importing Address Book
Hello, I've just gotten my computer back from getting reformatted. I saved all my addresses before I took the computer in as I have close to 1,000 email addresses that I did not want to re-enter. My question is this; these email addresses are sorted into various folders (not groups) but when I import the addresses they just get imported as one long list rather than sorted into the appropriate folders (the folders don't even import). Is there any way I can import it the way it is saved (.wab) without having to manually go through the address book, create new folders and mov...

Adding Columns #5
Help!!! Am trying to add to columns together to create a third column. I di this yesterday with the data I was working with and it won't wor today. I had been highlighting the 2 columns to be summed and then th new column and then hitting auto sum. Can't get it to work today. An suggestions? Thank -- bstaffor ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bstafford's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2794 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47450 Hi bstafford, Works for me, to h...

Offline Address Book Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003
Does somebody know if there is a policy or registry setting that will allow me to check 'Schedule an automatic send/receive every' on all the machines in the domain. The closest I got up till now was the Outlook 2003 Domain Policy: 'Offline Address Book: Limit number of full OAB downloads'. This however doesn't seem to amount to much even though we changed the time interval on the Exchange server between Offline Address Book synchronisations to 1 hour. Anybody any idea? Thanks in advance, DMaze You do this with the Custom Maintenance Wizard. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook...