Offline access to multiple mailboxes

I currently use O2003 to open multiple mailboxes. 1
primary and 2 secondary.  I cannot figure out a way to
make any of the folders in the secondary mailboxes
available offline.  Is it possible without creating
seperate profiles?

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

No, you need to create separate profiles & OST files.

Rick wrote:
> I currently use O2003 to open multiple mailboxes. 1
> primary and 2 secondary.  I cannot figure out a way to
> make any of the folders in the secondary mailboxes
> available offline.  Is it possible without creating
> seperate profiles?
>
> Thanks

0
lanwench (7567)
6/3/2004 8:15:05 PM
Add the mailbox to your profile by rightclicking Outlook Today->
Properties-> button Advanced-> tab Advanced-> select the Mailbox and select
the option to cache it.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I currently use O2003 to open multiple mailboxes. 1
> primary and 2 secondary.  I cannot figure out a way to
> make any of the folders in the secondary mailboxes
> available offline.  Is it possible without creating
> seperate profiles?
>
> Thanks

0
Roady
6/3/2004 8:23:14 PM
Oops, sorry; that doesn't work. Indeed; create separate profiles.

--

message news:OHilvlaSEHA.3224@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Add the mailbox to your profile by rightclicking Outlook Today->
> Properties-> button Advanced-> tab Advanced-> select the Mailbox and
> select the option to cache it.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> www.howto-outlook.com
>
> Tips of the month:
> -Creating Signatures
> -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3
>
> -----
> "Rick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I currently use O2003 to open multiple mailboxes. 1
>> primary and 2 secondary.  I cannot figure out a way to
>> make any of the folders in the secondary mailboxes
>> available offline.  Is it possible without creating
>> seperate profiles?
>>
>> Thanks

0
Roady

Allow Multiple Values check box not showing up
I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup Wizard, but when I get to the place where is should let me choose to store multiple values for the lookup that section does not come up. I went online and printed the instructions off the help page so I know I am doing it right. Help! IMO, multivalued and lookup fields are not a good idea. You didn't mention what version of Access you are using. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "mschurter" wrote: > I am trying to create a Multivalued Lookup Field. I am using the Lookup > ...

Editable .doc bound report object in Access 2003
I have a report which containers a bound word file, which allows me to edit the wording in Word. However, when I convert the database to the .mde format, I loose that functionality. Is there a setting or a way I can keep that functionality for this report in the .mde version? Thanks. ...

Runtime Parameters in Access
How do I pass a parameter to an application at runtime? Specifically, a parameter that AutoExec can examine in order to determine which of two functions it should run. I've tried to solve the problem by using the /x MyMacroName, but AutoExec seems to override that. On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 18:13:02 -0800, "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote: AutoExec runs before MyMacroName. So it's up to you to structure your code such that this works for your purposes. -Tom. >How do I pass a parameter to an application >at runtime? Specifically, a parameter that >AutoExe...

How do I integrate a Barcode scanner with Access?
I want to use a barcode scanner with Access. I see many articles about barcode printing but nothing regarding the use of a scanner. I want to be able to scan a barcode and have that scan feed my form based on the information stored in my database. On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 15:05:02 -0800, booismycat <booismycat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Your barcode vendor should have some of that information for you. But essentially a barcode is simply text in a funny font, and you can scan the value into a textbox and then take it from there. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I wa...

HELPPP Cannot access options in tools menu
Hi, excel 97, I cannot access options in the tools menu. I get a generic exception error message. Word, powerpoint, etc are not affected. The only thing I have done recently is install a pdf converter program (scansoft) which put tool bar icons in ms office apps. I removed it. I do not know if that is what caused this. But I need to work This is bad. All of my excel docs open, but I cannot get into options and I need to. Thanks so Much GRCC Sorry, forgot to add- winXp pro and I have done a complete uninstall and reinstall of MS Office Thanks GRCC "GRCC" <grccnews@nospamadelphia...

Trouble accessing this NG
My usual contact with this NG is via msnews.microsoft.com Today, I cannot make "contact" and have resorted to my ISP's News Server. Any one know what would cause this? Rob Rob No idea. msnews.microsoft.com working fine for myself. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 22:40:39 GMT, "Rob Nobel" <robnobel1@bigpondNOGOOBS.comNOGOOBS> wrote: >My usual contact with this NG is via msnews.microsoft.com >Today, I cannot make "contact" and have resorted to my ISP's News Server. >Any one know what would cause this? >Rob > Yes Gord,...

Retrieve multiple dates, from a week number?
I'm really new to excel and this forum, so please bear with me... What I'm looking to do, is having one "week-sheet" and one sheet for every workday, and having each of them updated with their correspondent dates. I.e. when I update/clear the excel file, to start a new week, I would like each of the "day-sheets" to have a cell with their relevant date. Ex I update the file: 1) Cell A1 in "Week" retrieves the right week number. 2) Cell A1 in "Monday" retrieves the date for Monday in the current week 3) Cell A1 in "Tuesday" retrieve...

Reporting of multiple discounts
We have three discounts levels (10%, 15%, 20%) offered to some customers. Each discount should be charged to a seperate department. Is there a simple report that will allow the discount totals to be broken down according to percentages? Thanks for your help. ...

Printing Multiple Documents
We have recently upgraded to Office XP and in 97 I used to be able to do a File, Open, select multiple files, right- click and select Print. This would print all of the selected excel files. Since the upgrade, I've noticed that it does not print of all of the files when I do this. It seems to only print the first 5 selected. Is this a known issue or is there some trick that I am not aware of? ...

Subform causes Main Form to show the same record multiple times
I have a form named Patients Info with a subform on it for Household Members. The Patients Info form is created from the table: Patients and the Household Members subform is created from the table:FedPovertyLevel. The table Patients is related to the table FedPovertyLevel in a one to many relationship. The problem I have is that when a second, third, etc Household Member is added, the button for the record selector on the main form now has to be clicked forward by the number of household members. For Example, if only one name is entered as a Household member, there is only ...

How do I scroll through records in Access?
In Access 2003 at the bottom of the record were the left and right arrows. I used to be able to press and hold the right arrow and the program would advance through the records until I let off the button. In 2007 I can only go through records one at a time. Whith the size of our database this is very slow. Any Ideas? Thanks You're right. The built-in record navigation buttons in Access 2007 respond only when you release the button. So they move only one record; you cannot spin through records by holding the nav button down, as you could in previous versions. Applies to datashe...

Last modified Date for an Access file
What is the vba command that yields the date when THE CODE for an access file was modifed for the last time? Can anybody post an example? Perhaps someone will say otherwise, but to my knowledge this cannot be done. You can determine the last modified time of the mdb file itself, but when someone edited the vba code... I do not believe this is possible. Why? What is the end goal? Perhaps we can guide you in another way. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the...

OneNote 2007: Can different people work offline & it'll synch up a
Example: A shared notebook is on the office network where everyone can access it. Everyone can work in it and make changes. Two or more people need to take it home over the weekend (offline) and work on the same notebook. Then on Monday when they come in the office, they want all their work synched back to the original notebook. Is this possible and how? -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > Example: A shared notebook is on the office network where everyone can access > it. Everyone can work in it and make changes. Two or more people need to > take it home ...

OWA Access Problems
Hello all, I have recently install Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition with Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition as well. For the new Exchange installation, everything went well. The Active Directory mode for my new 2003 domain is native mode, Exchange is running in mixed mode. I have the users from my current Windows 2000 Active Directory domain in place in the new 2003 A.D. domain. Here is my issue: in testing OWA (which is running on the Exchange server itself now, with plans to move OWA to different web servers in the near future) no matter what I do, I cannot access my mailbox via a web page...

Access Query: evaluate a determined value against age & place %til
I need help creating a query in MS Access 2007 that will take a determined value (FC) and run a query against it showing what percentile the value should fall into based on person's age? Is there also a way to put actual parameters defining the expected curve within an access database to be applied toward the initial question. your question is not answerable. if you have data in tables it would help to supply a very brief sample explanation....but otherwise if you are seeking a pure formulaic solution then one would generally turn to excel..... -- NTC "Steelghost" w...

web commerce for GP and also multiple categories
2 questions (1 about the Inventory Module, and the other about GP web commerce) 1) We currently use the Category Field on the Item Maintenance Options screen to categorize our products under areas such as -topic -target audience -format etc etc There are 6 "Categories" from which you can choose, and then you can apply a value to one of those 6 categories. The thing is that our client wants to assign multiple values to a product for a given category. For example, let's say we sell DVDs. If a movie is in English, Spanish, and French on 1 DVD we need to be able to go to the L...

Multiple Criteria 11-15-09
I have a query fed by a table where: "Set1" can be A, B, C, D or E. "Set2" can be A, B, C, D or E. "Set3" can be A, B, C, D or E. I have a form with a list box listing A, B, C, D or E. What I'm trying to do is open a form that lists all the records with A in Set1, Set2 or Set3....every record with A or B or C or D or E in any one of the sets...when A, B, C, D or E are selected in the list box. Say the user selects "B" in the list box, they then click a button which shows all the records with "B" in any of the sets. A...

Anyway to log when users hit mailbox limit?
We are using AD 2003 and Exchange 2003. I have managed to get an event id for when a user hits a mailbox limit, but this is only if the "prohibit send and receive" box is ticked so they can't do anything if they hit their limit. Normally we allow users to still receive emails if they hit their limit but not send, but no event is populated :-/ Hope you can help. On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 21:15:22 +0100, "Gonzo" <andrewwhite@btinternet.com> wrote: >We are using AD 2003 and Exchange 2003. I have managed to get an event id >for when a user hits a mailbox...

Changing behavior for shared access to records on Reassign and BU
Currently when a user's records are Reassigned ("Reassign Records" Action in Settings/BU Settings/Users/ Selected User Properties Window or using BizUser::ReassignObjects CRM API) to a new user the current user gets a shared access to these records. The CRM API BizUser::SetBussiness also provides an option to reassign all objects of the user being moved to a new BU to another user at the same time. In this case also after reassignment the old user gets shared access to their previously owned records. There has been some feedback by customers that they prefer not to have th...

Connecting to Access database to populate a combobox.
Hi Using Excel 2000 and Access 2000, the code below was working to populate a combobox on a spreadsheet. I'm attempting to use it to populate a combobox--cboQpn--on Userform4. I want the user to type a competitor part number in textbox-- txtCompNum. Then the macro will use that value to find our part number in the access table and put the result in the combobox. I'm using a combobox because there may be more than one record returned. The code fails on this line: Dim wspDefault As Workspace with the error, "compile error: User-defined type not defined" ...

Export Access Query to a pipe delimited .csv file
Fairly new to Access VBA. How can I export an Access Query to a pipe delimited .csv file??? I believe the VBA Syntax is... DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, _ "Specification Name", "qry_name", "C:\PathName\FileName.csv" How do I specify and indicate to make it pipe delimited, "|"??? Thanks for your review and hopeful for a replay. PSULionRP You would set that up in your specification, and save it. That would be the "specification name" parameter. "PSULionRP" wrote: > Fairly new to Access VBA. > ...

accessing cable TV
I have an old Toshiba laptop (M105-S3084) that came with XP Media Center 2002 - but have never bothered with the Media Center part. At home I also have Cox cable TV, both standard and HD. What additional hardware or connections would I need to add to receive SD cable TV on my laptop? If a USB tuner is needed which one is recommended? Anything else? Thank you. Jeff Go through the following URL:- http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-media-center/learn-more/record-tv/articles/broadcast-tv-overview.aspx AVerTV Hybrid Volar MAX H826 a good one. regards, S.Seng...

Mailbox manager settings #2
Hi all running exchange 2003 sp1 on windows 2003. I have a user that gets a ton of email from our website registration forms. I would like to create a mailbox settings policy that deletes email in this users folder based on the age of the emails in he folder. The probelm that i am running into with this is the folder that holds all these emails is a sub folder of the Inbox folder i.e inbox\test\stuff\websiteregistration. How can i setup this policy so that it looks at the websiteregistration folder *only* and then delets the items in this fodler based on age? Also whats the proper w...

Offline Defrag Questions
I have determined that it is benificial for a offline defrag on my EE2003 SP2. I will be gaining about 45% space across 4 mailbox stores. Currently my disk has about 7gb of free space and my largest MBS is 63gb (combined .edb and .stm) I have other drives on this server so I can use /t switch, but my questions is it really necessary? Or will it defrag it fine without it? Any other switches I should be aware of and/or look at using? I've toyed with the idea of moving mailboxes over to a empty MBS and move that over, but I have determined that is not the way I would like to go. Th...

Exchange Database Offline Defrag
I have 55 GB Priv1.edb on a 67 GB disk. Obviously, I can't do an offline defrag due to space limitations. My question is, can I do the following? Dismount the Private Information Store Move the priv1.edb, priv1.stm, and the exchange eseutil to another box with more diskspace. Then defrag priv1.edb on a box that doesn't have exchange on it with the eseutil that I've copied over? TIA- Paul you can redirect the temp.edb to a networked drive...may take a little longer, that's all...see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/182903/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP...