Office 203; Business Contact Manager

New installation:
To add an Account, instructions say "On the Standard
toolbar, click the down-arrow next to New, and then
clickAccount". Whei I do so, Account does not appear in
the list.

Either the instructions are wrong or I am in the wrong
place within Outlook.

Please help.
0
anonymous (74722)

Best way to deal with contacts and commercial opportunities
Sorry for the misleading title. We are using Exchange Server 2007 and Outlook 2003/2007. I'd like to create company's address book by using a Contact Public Folder, containing all our commercial contacts. I'd like these contacts to be assigned to different categories (geographical area, customer, product types of interest and so on) Any contact may potentially belong to more than one category. At the end I will need to send customized newsletters and promote marketing campaigns, depending on contact's categories. I was looking for Business Contact Manager, but I d...

Importing contacts
I have a customer who had me install XP Pro as a second operating system. Still in place is Windows 98 SE. It's dual boot with 98 on C and XP on D. If it makes any difference, both partitions are Fat 32. He already had problems in Outlook in Windows 98 in that all his contacts are in a second contact list. What I need to know is how to import his contacts from that second contact list into the new installation in XP. We have already successfully imported his email. Could someone please shed some light on this for me? Thank you. Never mind... got my answer in microsoft.public.outlook...

forward to a shared contact
is it possible to foward a message to a shared contact. i can send a new message to a shared contact but i have not been able to figure out how to "foward" to a shared contact The Forward button doesn't work on your machine?=20 I'm not sure what a shared contact has to do with this.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 ...

need help in managing my duplicate contacts
is there any utility out there that can help me in merging my duplicate contacts. I imported my old address book and it seem like it was not too successful in combining some of my address. I hate to do it manually. I need a utility that could help me in the cross checking and merge detected duplicate with ease. anyone seen such or am I wishing? thanks Steve In news:qavff.1005$rM2.872@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net, StvyLife <trial13@hotmail.com.no> typed: > is there any utility out there that can help me in merging my > duplicate contacts. I imported my old address book a...

Subject manager in CRM
Hello! Why can we not access the Subject Manager in the CRM Settings when we only have a Sales License? The subject is a required field on Sales Literature articles! Or is it managed somewhere else? You need to be logged in as the user who installed CRM or the CRM admin to access the subject manager. "Yara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b68c01c437a3$75326390$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello! > > Why can we not access the Subject Manager in the CRM > Settings when we only have a Sales License? The subject > is a required field o...

Everytime I open an Office application I get an error message, please help!!!
Hi I've had office for my mac for about 4 months, at some point in the last 2 weeks everytime I try to open word, or excell I get an error message "the program has unexpectly quit" any idea or suggestions please help! Hi Dan, It will help us help you if you post back with some additional information. What version of Office? What version of MacOS? Have you installed any new fonts or software that installs foonts lately? -Jim -- Jim Gordon Mac MVP MVP FAQ <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpfaqs> Dan Goldberg wrote: > Hi > I'v...

Vista's Contacts not working
Hi, I tried using a tweak to move my "user files" folder's to "my documents" folder left from the XP OS which was on another partition on my hard drive, it didn't work well so I reversed everything. Now every time I click on "contacts", the "my documents" folder opens up which now shows as a shortcut in my Vista's "user files". My Contacts folder (which is empty) is still in the "user files" folder. However, I cannot open Contacts by a shortcut or within the Windows mail. I checked the Contacts shortcut in ...

Automatically track emails for specific contact records
Is there a way to be able to define a set of contact records (or even individual contacts - one by one) on which as email arrives into the Outlook client of any CRM user, those emails will be automatically tracked in CRM without any user intervention? The same is needed for outgoing emails (From outlook) This feature is available in Goldmine. We have recently installed Dynamics CRM 4.0 on an ex-Goldmine client, and they really miss this feature Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks Nicos Papaioannou ...

deleted item retention for calendar, contacts, tasks
I've seen a doc on how to set this up, but i was an idiot and didn't bookmark. Can anyone point me to the procedure? Do a search for "DumpsterAlwaysOn" :-) It's a registry key you have to add. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "knightly" <knightly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E4148C4-6D98-4254-BCF9-4009E962499B@microsoft.com... > I've seen a doc on how to set this up, but i was an idiot and didn't > bookmark. Can anyone ...

Office 2000
When I send emails out, I see them in my Outbox folder and then I hit the Send/Receive button and they do not appear in the Sent Items folder. I have checked the Tools/Options/Preferences/E-mail Options area and made sure that the Save copies of messages in Sent Items folder box is checked. Is there something that I am missing? Thanks, Doug What view do you have set on the Sent Items folder? Unread messages? Change it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted witho...

Outlook Express Out of Office Reply
Good Afternoon! I am experiencing an issue where Outlook Express is sending an out of office reply to all first-time senders. I know that Outlook Express does not have the capability for Out of Office replies. I have also checked for viruses and spyware. My version of Outlook Express is 6.00.2900.2180 running on Windows XP. Any assistance as to this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of = them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet ...

MSOutlook 07 Contacts phone numbers.
Hi, I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2007 to sync with my Blackberry Curve 8520 and I syncronized all the data to my computer sucessfully, Now I open my address book in MSOutlook, and it's all neat, I go to edit a contacts phone number field and change it from Work to Mobile and it changes the layout of the phone number. My original layout was 04xxxxxxxx and now its giving me (04) xxxx-xxxx My question is, What do I have to do to MSOutlook so that when I edit or add a new phone number to a contact, it stays as 04xxxxxxxx instead of being automatically changed to a format th...

...Word is either busy or cannot be found...
I have read quite a few posts, but none seem to address my issue specifically. Within the last few dqays I have been receiving the following error message after I click the reply button: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." At this point I click the OK button to proceed. Before this issue came about I had no reason to go into the Mal Format tab; thus, all emails, reply or otherwise, were' edited' using Word. The versions of both match exactly. I ha...

Best way to learn Business Portal?
We are currently on GP v9 and will be installing Business Portal soon. I have been tasked with the responsibility of 'learning' BP. What is the best way to learn Business Portal and everything about it? Is there a "Business Portal for Dummies" book available? There are some courses in the eLearning catalog. You can talk to your administrator or partner to make sure you're set up with access to CustomerSource. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Pam" wrote: > We are currently on GP v9 and will be installing Business Portal soon. I > have been tasked wi...

How can I print Business Cards view in O2007?
HIi, I've got a lot of contacts with pictures. the 'Business Cards' view does a great job of showing them on the screen together. But how can I print what I see? If I 'select all' and then 'print', it gives a very different-looking list. Is there any way to print all the business cards with the photos? TIA, Graeme On Nov 15, 11:26=A0pm, Graeme <Gra...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > HIi, I've got a lot of contacts with pictures. the 'Business Cards' view = does > a great job of showing them on the screen together. But how...

Several primary contact persons
I would like to connect several primary contact persons for an account. Is this possible to do? If so, how do I do? Regards, Mattias (CRM 3.0) You can only have one prmiary contact per account in CRM (any version). However, you could reate a relationship role called 'Prmary Contact', and add as many contacts as you want as a customer relationship with this role -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "Kyhlan" wrote: > I would like to connect several primary contact persons for an account....

Copy Contact
Office 2007 - I have a company listed in my contacts. I want to duplicate the information for two individuals within that company and show them separately. How can I copy all of the information and just change the name so I don't have to retype the other extensive information I have on the company's contact listing. Any reason that Actions > New Contact from Same Company doesn't do what you want? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jan" <jan@greenwaldlaw.org> wrote in message news:XV_tk.11221$L_.626@flpi150.ffdc.sbc.com... > Office 2007 - I have a comp...

Tiger: If Office 2004 now on own Apps volume, MUD on own Docs vol.: what moves from 10.3.8 to 10.4 boot volumes?
3 STRATEGY CONSIDERATIONS: In anticipation of Tiger delivery on Apr. 29, I've moved Office 2004 from the OS 10.3.8 volume's Applications folder to a new OS-free, non-Apple Apps volume. I've moved the Microsoft User Data folder from Users/~/Documents to a new OS-free Documents volume (and left in its place an alias with the word "alias" nipped off.) When Tiger arrives, it will be installed on an empty partition, rather than use the Panther partition. I intend to maintain my OS 10.3.8 boot volume just in case I have problems with Tiger not playing nice with my hardware...

Contact Addresses 11-14-05
Hi all, Many of out Contact addresses are not 100% correct. This is not a big problem until we want to mailshot contacts and we find we have bad or missing address data. Can anyone offer any suggestion on how to quickly synchronise the address details in our Contacts with those on the Parent Account ? Thanks Ian You could do something pretty easily with the SDK to propogate the addresses. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kelsall@crmnews.com> wrote in message news:%23JlxcDS6FHA.3232@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... Hi all, Many of out Contact addresses ar...

A question about window management in windows.
We know the message loop: while(GetMessage(...)) { TraslateMessage(...); DispatchMessage(..); } I'm very curious about "DispatchMessage(..)" which is implemented in User32.dll. 1) Is this API a blocked call? How the call goes internally? 2) Is there a "window manager" component in windows? Is it a user or kernel component? 3) Where can I find the details about window management in windows? Thanks=A3=A1=A3=A1=A3=A1 lostlander schrieb: > We know the message loop: > > while(GetMessage(...)) > { > TraslateMessage(...); > Dispa...

Which to import first
I am deploying a new system and am having trouble getting my arms around what is a basic concept - looking for some advice. Because contacts that need to be tied to accounts are done via a GUID, which does not exist until the Account is in the database, it seems obvious that the Accounts import would need to be done first, in order for the system to create the GUIDs in the database. However, much of the documentation that I'm finding refers to importing Contacts from Outlook first so I'm wondering what I'm missing here? If I were to do that, it seems that I'd have to ma...

moving downloaded Office 2007 to a new PC
I purchased Office 2007 upgrade license from Microsoft in Oct 2007. I still have the receipt with the 25 character license. It also references Optional: License Lock Box: Digital back-up service and license key. I just bought a new PC. Can I get Office 2007 on my new PC without buying another license? How do I accomplish that? I suppose you didnt save the installation download file? which you would use to install on your new PC (Having first uninstalled any Trial version & its Activation Assistant) Log back on to your account at Digital River and see what options you h...

Money 2006 Small Business Invoice Credits
Does anyone know how to show a credit on a customer's invoice. In my business I sometimes have to show a credit, but I can't figure out how to do that without hand writing it on the printed invoice. Please help! ...

Select Contacts from multiple pages
Is there anyway to select contacts from multiple pages in order to do a MailMere/Direct Email? I know I can use the Web client to select all on a page, or all on all pages, but what about a couple from each page. Right now, when I select, say 3, from the first 100 page, then click on the arrow to select 3 from the second 100 I loose the first 3. How can I do this? ...

As user by default when opening office 2003 document....
Hi, I work in an environment to where their are many different people who use the same machine to edit the same office document. Our documents are stored on the server and although only one user can edit a document at a time if two people make edits on the same computer their edits show up as the same person. Is their a way to set up Office 2003 or at least word to always ask for a user name when opening a document? That way multiple people can edit one document one after the other on one computer without having to log out and log back in of windows. The usual assumption is ...