Office 2007 SP2

Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to
each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug?

C.

0
seegod1 (8)

"Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to
> each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug?

Nope - still there...

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

I got SP2 installed earlier today.
Checkbox is there.

"Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to
> each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug?
>
> C.

0
John
4/30/2009 9:06:41 PM
People still use Outlook Today? :)  Seriously, did you install IE8 at the
same time? Have you restarted Outlook or rebooted since the automatic reboot
following the installation?  Most of us on SP2 do have the checkbox, so its
not a bug specific to Outlook but could be affected by something on your
system.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to
> each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug?
>
> C.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
5/1/2009 1:24:50 AM
Thanks Diane... That's why I was asking...

Yes, I've rebooted my computer, yes I just installed IE8 and Office 2007
SP2, yes I use Outlook today :-)

And yes, my check boxes are still gone... there's a space there for them,
just no check box...

Any ideas?

C.

> People still use Outlook Today? :)  Seriously, did you install IE8 at the
> same time? Have you restarted Outlook or rebooted since the automatic
> reboot following the installation?  Most of us on SP2 do have the
> checkbox, so its not a bug specific to Outlook but could be affected by
> something on your system.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>> Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to
>> each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug?
>>
>> C.

0
seegod1 (8)
5/1/2009 10:06:36 AM
Which OS? Is it 64bit?
Do you use the admin acct or a limited user acct?
What security software do you use?

If you click in the area of where the boxes should be, do they show up?

Try right click on the outlook today folder and choose properties then the
folder home page tab and hit the restore defaults button.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

> Thanks Diane... That's why I was asking...
>
> Yes, I've rebooted my computer, yes I just installed IE8 and Office 2007
> SP2, yes I use Outlook today :-)
>
> And yes, my check boxes are still gone... there's a space there for them,
> just no check box...
>
> Any ideas?
>
> C.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> People still use Outlook Today? :)  Seriously, did you install IE8 at the
>> same time? Have you restarted Outlook or rebooted since the automatic
>> reboot following the installation?  Most of us on SP2 do have the
>> checkbox, so its not a bug specific to Outlook but could be affected by
>> something on your system.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
>> your newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>

>> "Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell" <seegod1@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
>>> Has anyone else lost the little check box which is usually found next to
>>> each task in the task list in Outlook today? I'm assuming it's a bug?
>>>
>>> C.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Office read only in outlook only
I am having a problem with Outlook 2002 and a user profile. The user loggs into locations and everwhere she loggs into the Outlook gives her office read only files. She can send the file and it becomes read only. She can send to any user possible but the file comes up as normal. Any user can read the file as normal, but she cannot. she opens the file seperatley it will read regular, but when opened through Outlook it is read only. Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Ease of visibility of the Ribbon in Word 2007 and Excel 2007
As installed the colour intensity of the Ribbon in Word and Excel 2007 is very faint and it is not particularly easy to read. Is there some means of increasing the colour intensity to make it easier to read? I have fairly good sight but still have difficulty. Unless the colour intensity can be adjusted it must be virtually impossible for people with poor sight to read the details on the Ribbon. Try this (not sure if you will have this on your computer but it is worth a try):- Control Panel / Ease of Access / Ease of Access Center There are a number of options in here ...

Outlook 97 and WInXp SP2
I've recently upgraded my pc and switched to WinXP Home SP2 from Win98SE. I use Office 97 Pro which meets my needs. All Office progs instal and work happily except for Outlook. When first installed it will open once. Each successive time I try to open it I get an error message 'The ordinal 36 could not be located in the dynamic link library MAPI32.dll" I've looked through the MS knowledgebase but can't find any reference directly related to this error message. I tried renaming MAPI32 as suggested in one article, without success. Anyone got any thoughts? -- the dot w...

Trial Office 2007 Professional
I am really not computer savvy but I can follow instructions. I am attempted to download trial Office Professional 2007 on a New Microsoft 7 system. I am getting the error message "Outlook 2007 with contact manager can not be installed until Outlook 2007 is installed, please insert CD1" I do not have a CD, I am trying to download from Microsoft. What can I do? "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAB0ADCF-870A-46FE-AD75-CB977ECC67B6@microsoft.com... > I am really not computer savvy but I can follow instructions. > I am att...

Exchange 2007 public folders....
I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during installation. I think by doing this, the default public folder store is not created. I manually created a new pf store via the gui, then used powershell to create a new public folder. however outlook (2007 beta2) does not see the public folder hierarchy. is there something im missing? On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:17:26 -0400, "Jimmy" <j@j.j> wrote: >I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during >installation. I think by doing this, the default public fold...

Data labels for Excel 2007 Charts
Hi, I have charts that are based on dynamically populated data. I need the data labels for all of these charts to appear with 0 decimal places. The dynamic data populates with 2 decimal places (X.XX). Is there a universal setting I can apply to the worksheet or even the chart itself, so I do not have to go to each data point/data label and set the formatting to 0 decimal places? Thanks, Courtney ...

Excel 2007 compatibility checker message
I have a spreadsheet created in Excel 2003. I open it in Excel 2007 and Save As without making any changes. I get a compatibility error: "Some formulas in this workbook are linked to other workbooks that are closed." It does not have a "find" link. How do I find these formulas? Thanks. JerryK You could use Edit Links on the Data tab to see what the names of the linked workbooks are and then do a Find on them. If that doesn't work you might try Bill Manville's Find Link utility although I don't know how it works with Excel 2007: http://www.oaltd.co.u...

Bug in Office Outlook 2003
Does anyone know whether there is a Microsoft Article dealing with the removal of a bug, which produces LDAP dialog box on opening Outlook 2003, that cannot be removed by any other recommended means? Thank you. Why do you classify this as a bug? If you don't use the LDAP service remove it from your profile. Control Panel-> Mail-> button E-mail Accounts-> View or change existing address books -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a ...

Out of Office Assistant replies multiple times
The situation: The user of a fully patched Outlook 2003 SP1 sets an Out of Office reply using the Out Of Office Assistant.. The result: The first time someone sends a message while the OOA reply is turned on, they get the full text of the OOA reply as it is configured. The second and subsequent emails from that same sender gets a truncated version of the OOA message. In my testing, my second message (which isn't supposed to be replied to), got me 2 truncated replies. Examples from my testing: 1st reply: "I am out of the office and will return on Monday, February 28, 2005. At th...

Update from Money 2007 Premium
I currently use Money 2007 Premium. I plan on installing Money Plus Deluxe. They look to be pretty much the same. Will anything be lost going from 2007 Premium to Plus Deluxe? Thanks, Bob K The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) "Bob K" <BobK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C0C34A6-F03E-49AC-8B54-BAFF63BC538A@microsoft.com... > Will anything be lost going from 2007 > Premium to Plus Deluxe? "Dick Watson" wrote: > The services provided by Premium. (Gainskeeper, et al.) > > "Bob K" <BobK@discus...

how to use 2007 styles in Word 2003
hi everyone, we have Word 2003 but we really like the Styles that come with Word 2007. Is it possible to export these Styles and use it in Word 2003? And if yes, how can i do that. In Word 2007, click the Home tab of the ribbon. In the Styles group, click Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003. To make this choice the default, click Change Styles again, and then click Set as Default. If/when you are prompted to save the changes to your template, choose to do so. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "skoub" <skoub@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Graphics not visible in email signature Office/Outlook 2000
Trying to send two jpg images embedded in an email signature from the signature picker. When viewed in Advanced Edit in Signature picker the graphics display. When the message is sent they are missing. Using Rich text Format in Outlook, but now Word as email editor. Any help is appreciated. Bob Weeden Washington School District Phoenix AZ Tried it in HTML format already? It is a lot more supported format than Rich Text. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack...

Group / ungroup Publisher 2007
I am trying to group 2 pictures in a text box using Publisher 2007 and Vista. The select / unselect items in the Arrange menu are greyed out. I believe I should be able to use the select tool to draw a box around the items but nothing happens when I click on it. any thoughts please Do you have a border on your page? Are you certain you are selecting all the objects? What happens if you do CTRL+A with your cursor outside the text box? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ancre15" <ancre15@discussions.micro...

Excel 2007 macro compatability
I have created a macro in Excel 2007 that includes importing a text file. It works fine on my PC, but fails on a co-workers PC running Excel 2000. The failure points to the "TextFile Platform" command in the macro. I have tried several (437, 1252, 20127), but get the same results. Any solution? Thanks you. Have you try xlWindows -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Al @ Frontier" <Al @ Frontier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F601F80-F099-42C8-AA18-6D31A85946F9@microsoft.com... >I have cr...

Installing Office 2007 on new laptop
I tried to install Office 2007 on my new laptop which came with the 60 day free trial of Office 2007. After the disk has been installed and I click on the icon to open the program I get an error message that says something like "You are unable to sign in because the server is unavailable". I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and get the same result. This was a disk purchased as a student/instructor disk and has never been used before. On 3/21/2010 11:28 AM, Linda wrote: > I tried to install Office 2007 on my new laptop which came with the 60 ...

How can I open an attachment with a .pub ending in Office email?
S omeone sent me an attachment in Microsoft Publisher. I have Word and Office 2003. How can I open this document and not have gobble-de-gook? Thanks. Have your sender convert it to a PDF. There are free converters. If that is impossible send it to me and I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "mblc" <mblc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA15FE51-C732-4E94-A054-26A2970D9D93@microsoft.com... >S omeone sent me an attachment in Mi...

Replacing a disk in DPM 2007
The host on server 1 corrupts and can't be repaired or hard disk fails. Either way need to restore complete host Q)What do I need to get the server running again? Do I need to do a complete clean re-install? Does the agent need to be re-installed? If so is there additional configurations server side I need to do? ...

Microsoft Office Student 2007 activation issues
I have recently installed Windows 7 and have had to reinstall my microsoft office program. The installation went through correctly, no problems there. My problem is with activating it. I go through the activation and choose to convert to the full product right away as I have a product key for a full version. I put the product key in and accept it. I choose my options and then it goes to configuration. The configuration goes through correctly and then I get prompted to restart all microsoft office programs for the changes to go through. I do that and then it prompts me to activate...

XP SP2 Problems with Outlook
Ever since I Updated XP with SP2 some function in Outlook crash on me. We are running Exchange 5.5 and when my user goes to Reply to a message or even create a new message the communaction between exchange and remote user is not allowed. Is the firewall closing UDP communication? Any Ideas on how to fix this issue. Thanks for you help Marcus Feldmore <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Ever since I Updated XP with SP2 some function in Outlook > crash on me. We are running Exchange 5.5 and when my user > goes to Reply to a message or even create a new message &g...

Filters in 2007
Filters in 2007 are obnoxious. Everytime you want to drop down on a particular value of the filter, you have to through filter->type of filter --> value of drop down. In the earlier version of excel , one could do just drop down on the filter and that's it. Is there a simpler way to do this in 2007 ? ...

Outlook 2007 with multiple mailboxes
I have a secretary that my manager wants to be able to see his emails. I set her up with his and her own account. The problem is when she replys or forwards the email, we want it to come from her email not his. Outlook 2007 is too smart and changes accounts when she forwards account so it looks like the manager has replied when the secretary has done on his behalf. You set her up as a DELEGATE and it is doing what you told it to do. If you only wanted to give her permission to see his inbox and calendar you should have set the permissions on the folders directly, and not use the "D...

2007 to 2003 Formating issues
We are creating files in 2007, but have to save in 2003 because not all users have 2007. As a result, we are losing formating. It will wipe out colors, wrap text, make pivot tables just data etc. When we open 2003 we get the message "Too many different cell formats" any suggestions? Install the compatibility Pack on the 2003 PCs and stick with 2007 format Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 file formats http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/HA101686761033.aspx Wayne wrote: > We are creating files in 2007, but ha...

Access 2000/2003 use in Access 2007
I work on several 2000/2003 Access apps- multi user, split, that all croaked when the switch to 2007 was made. Problems range from not opening, dead forms, to very slow but working. Are there known issues or settings such as enabling VB that I should know about?? Start with Allen Browne's list of changes/issues/new bugs: http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html If you describe more specifice issues maybe someone here can help. Applying A2007 SP1 can help with some issues. "Lanceu" <ulich1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d1495612-4496-4a46-b94c-d16088e80a10@f47g2000hsd....

outlook 2003 actions not updated in office when done remotely & vice versa
Hi All, I have seen vague references to this problem but couldn't find what I am looking for... We have Outlook 2003 at the office running in Cached Exchange Mode and Exchange Server 2003. I also have a number of users connecting to Outlook through our Terminal Server (Remote Desktop connection not RPC). The problem is - I've had a couple of users complain that when they make a change (say, mark an item as unread) remotely, that change has not been updated at the office the next day. I invoked the Send/Receive and this worked for one item - but the problem seems to occur periodicall...

Money 2007 Premium Application Error
Hi, I started getting an application error while in Money and now can't get into it at all. I get error message unknown software exception (0xc000000d) occurred in the application at 0x7813e792. I've uninstalled the application then reinstalled it using the CD an I get the error message. It occurs after entering my passowrd when the Home page is displayed. Any thoughts? -- John ...