Office 2007 non-commercial use + Code 78F when updating

Hi All,

Have a couple questions relating a Vista/Office 2007.

We bought a sony vaio laptop that came pre-intalled with a trial license of
office 2007.
I un-installed Office completely and install a fresh copy of our partner
license copy of office 2007, but when loading any office application now its
shows 'Microsoft Outlook non-commercial use' and same for word,excel, etc.

Anyone have any idea why this is?

Second question is relating to windows updates in Vista;
I get an error Code 78F when trying to install any update, and the soultions
i try doesnt seem to resolve this issue.

Bit stuck at the moment doing updates and also looks quite bad i have a
legit copy of office but still shown the non-commercial use prompt.

Any help/feedback on resolving this appreciated.

0
ap76 (16)

do you recall what the trial version was? that splash screen should only
come up if it was the student /home version.

did you reboot after uninstalling? that mighta caused it to keep some of the
other code.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"AP" <ap76@email.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Have a couple questions relating a Vista/Office 2007.
>
> We bought a sony vaio laptop that came pre-intalled with a trial license
> of office 2007.
> I un-installed Office completely and install a fresh copy of our partner
> license copy of office 2007, but when loading any office application now
> its shows 'Microsoft Outlook non-commercial use' and same for word,excel,
> etc.
>
> Anyone have any idea why this is?
>
> Second question is relating to windows updates in Vista;
> I get an error Code 78F when trying to install any update, and the
> soultions i try doesnt seem to resolve this issue.
>
> Bit stuck at the moment doing updates and also looks quite bad i have a
> legit copy of office but still shown the non-commercial use prompt.
>
> Any help/feedback on resolving this appreciated.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/18/2008 1:59:42 AM
Yes this is a pain.

My notebook is showing it too even though a fullly licensed version of
office was loaded.

The reg keys seem to have the text in them and thought one could just
remove the wording but this didn't work.

So maybe some other value is set somewhere...
0
tom1416 (13)
1/29/2008 2:12:24 AM
on code 78F, see
http://blogs.msdn.com/albertoe/archive/2008/01/03/troubleshooting-error-code-78f-when-installing-office-2007-service-pack-1.aspx
:)

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"SmartbizAustralia" <tom@smartbiz.com.au> wrote in message
> Yes this is a pain.
>
> My notebook is showing it too even though a fullly licensed version of
> office was loaded.
>
> The reg keys seem to have the text in them and thought one could just
> remove the wording but this didn't work.
>
> So maybe some other value is set somewhere...

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/29/2008 3:14:09 AM
on non-commercial use, uninstall office 2007 completely and reboot then
reinstall. Make sure all office 2007 apps are completely uninstalled...

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=928218 for help in removing apps not
listed in add/remove.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"SmartbizAustralia" <tom@smartbiz.com.au> wrote in message
> Yes this is a pain.
>
> My notebook is showing it too even though a fullly licensed version of
> office was loaded.
>
> The reg keys seem to have the text in them and thought one could just
> remove the wording but this didn't work.
>
> So maybe some other value is set somewhere...

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Mac office 2004 install question
Where does the normal install normally place the "Microsoft User Data" folder that contains, among other things, the Entourage message database? Thanks, -gb In username/documents. In fact, Office requires the MUD folder be there, you have to trick it to put it elsewhere. On 2/18/05 4:34 PM, "Geoff Brandt" wrote: > Where does the normal install normally place the "Microsoft User Data" > folder that contains, among other things, the Entourage message database? > > Thanks, > > -gb > -- Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word Word FAQ: http://ww...

Using friendly Avatars in Powerpoint simple import
I have read many posts throughout the web regarding using Avatars within learning content and Powerpoint presentations and the benefits that exist using such, and thought this could be an interesting link for your members. www.alteregos.com its a wizard driven software solution that produces video output in either AVI, SWF or Flash video, the content can be instantly imported directly into most compositions tools such as PowerPoint, Camtasia, Microsoft Video Editor etc, giving dramatic flexibility of use. It was initially designed as a generic avatar tool, but its major uptake is...

SDI with multiple views using the wizard
Hi all, I would like to build a Doc/View SDI Visual C++6 project using multiple views as (CFrameWnd) for the same document. In some documentation is mentioned just MDI support multiple views. Could someone please explain the steps for doing that, using the wizard? Thank you, Chris ...

Code to read email from Outlook
Anyone have code to read incoming email messages from ONE email address, or experience with the functionality in Access2007 to do this process. I have an upcoming project that will require this and I haven't looked into this area. Example: emails that are sent to support@blah.com are added to a table in the database (everytime the user presses a button or a timer starts a process). The "body" of the email goes into one field and the "from" email address goes into another field. Thanks, Mark ...

Money 2005
Hello, I use Microsoft Money 2005 now for a while, and everytime I exit the app, it connects and uploads the changes to MSN Money. Is there a way to disable this setting? I would like to delete all of my financial data on MSN Money and not have MS Money upload it there again. If there is a way to stop it, please let me know. Thanks, Brett No problem: Tools: Settings: Access your Money data on the Web. Then you'll be able to disable it. -- "Brett" <baisley@h o t ma i .com> wrote in message news:O9vVj9ZqFHA.1336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > >...

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

New Chart in Excel 2007 is NOT showed unless preview
I have a sheet with multiple charts in Excel 2007 one of the new created charts is hidden when I open the file Unless preview is selected, then finally turned on BUT many formats are changed and objects on charts (titles,...) can not be moved ! what's wrong ? Make sure you have installed SP2 for Office 2007 as this fixes some (not all) chart problems best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Rolando" <Rolando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B0A3E5C-AABD-4982-962B-8C5C09A2CC5A@microsoft...

upgrade path from Windows to Mac versions of Office
Is there an upgrade path from Windows to Mac versions of Office? I'm a licensed Word 10/XP user and am planning to switch from Windows to a MAC. Thanks, Kyle Kyle, There is no upgrade path from Windows to Macintosh versions of Office, nor from Macintosh to Windows. The most current version of Office for Macintosh is Office X. If you purchase Office X now, you will be entitled to Office 2004 for free when it is released later this year. This is called the "Technology Guarantee". You can find more information about it at the following web address: Technology Guarantee http://...

How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data with Excel 2007
How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data using Excel 2007 Are your "dates" actual Excel dates or just text? With actual Excel dates, pre-2007 versions have no problem doing simple linear regression. To interpret the results though, you need to remember how Excel dates are stored: An Excel date is the number of days since 1900, so the numeric value of today's date is 39736, and the intercept of the regression will be the value of the relationship extrapolated to 30Dec1899 (since Excel mistakenly considers 1900 to be a leap year) "Gordon Lee" wrote: >...

Using PERCENTILE with *specific* cells in a column
I am trying to use the PERCENTILE function with specific cells in a column. For example, lets say the column is: A 1 5 2 6 3 7 4 8 Using PERCENTILE on say A1:A3 is easy enough, but I want to do say A1 and A4. I can achieve this by defining a named range such that it would be equal to A1 and A4, but would rather not use named ranges, as the above is a very simplistic example of what I want to do -- using named ranges would require a substantial amount of effort to achieve my end goal. I also realize I could re-order the rows such that I swap A4 with A2, therefore could use perc...

Setting Out Of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am having a problem setting out of office. I can connect to the Exchange Server (Exchange 2007 - I don't know what SP) and send/receive mail, access the GAL, view public folders, view free/busy information and other people's calendars, etc. However when I try to set Out of Office I get a message saying I cannot connect to the Exchange server. Any ideas where I can start to diagnose this problem. On 2010-04-17 03:31:46 -0400, Brendan_O_Rourke@officeformac.com said: > Exc...

Showing a form whilst code is running...
Hi I have a simple splash screen that I would like to display at the start of my project. Attached to the form_open routine is the following code [code] Option Compare Database Private Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal dwMilliseconds As Long) 'http://www.rohitab.com/discuss/lofiversion/index.php/t6093.html Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Form.Visible = True TxtTime.Caption = 5 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 4 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 3 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 2 Sleep 1000 TxtTime.Caption = 1 End Sub [/code] What this does is count down five seconds. Ea...

Use the important patch that comes from the Microsoft
--evwrdebjxmg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gzajfkxd"; type="multipart/alternative" --gzajfkxd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ihjeuwundidfxm" --ihjeuwundidfxm Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to mainta...

Using workflow to "share" a record with a "team"
Hi everyone, We were working on a project where, for one example, when someone creates a lead depending on some conditions the lead needs a "share" added to it for a particular "team". Any ideas? I can only see a way to "assign" the lead to someone. Thanks, Todd ...

How do I update Excel 2000 macros to work in Excel 2002?
Working in Excel 2002/XP on an Excel worksheet which was created in Excel 2000, I get an error message "Subscript out of range". How do I update the macro to work in Excel 2002? Hi normally the macro should work without a problem. Best to post the part of your code which generates this error -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "BobPetrich" <BobPetrich@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9CF34907-0A45-4392-8F04-556EFB1F89E4@microsoft.com... > Working in Excel 2002/XP on an Excel worksheet which was created in Excel > 2000, I get a...

Word 2007 startup slow after installing Windows 7
Why only Word and not Excell and PowerPoint? Do you have a printer installed? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Poul Erik" <Poul Erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8832AE61-8707-439D-9761-D75C9AC6C1BC@microsoft.com... > Why only Word and not Excell and PowerPoint? ...

importing excel files into outlook 2007
I did an import and it worked perfectly. I tried to ddo a second, and am receiving a message that - an error occuredwhile importing or exporting and the import/export was terminated. MAPI error 0x80070057 was reported. please try again. I have rebuild the file, changes names and still receive the same message. I looked on ms faq but can't find how to fix the problem. Can anyone help. Thanks Dick Take a look at both of these sights... http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-854669.php http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329295/EN-US/ Anvil22 wrote: >I did...

Media Center Code 4
Hey, Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I couldn't find a discusion to post under for Media center, while I could view discusions under a catagorie for Media Center. Weird, huh? I my guide download for Media Center wored fine until about a day ago. Then, It always gave me a error message "No Internet Connection: Code 4" Does anyone know what a code 4 is?!?!?!?!? Wow, this is REALLY the wrong place. You might want to try again. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Joseph" <Joseph@dis...

Outlook 2007 Connection takes 2 minute
We have user (remote office where we have Instagate VPN Router so user is connected using VPN connection) on Dell Laptop Latitutde E6500 with Windows XP SP3 OS and MS office 2007 with latest update. When he opens his outlook 2007 it takes 2 mintues (sometime 3 minutes) to connect to Exchange Server while other users in his office have no problem they are connected in 30 seconds. I googled it but could not find right solution. Thanks, ...

How can you tell "To" address used for spam?
I have a few exchange email addresses on my account. Spam level is to the point that I want to delete the affected account. How can I tell which address is being used? Nick You mean you have multiple addresses for the same mailbox? The easiest way to pin-point the address would be the create multiple mailboxes for these addresses. Emails will get sorted for you automatically. -- Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Nick" <nickmirro@spamarrest.com> wrote in message...

Internet Explorer (Browser) Crashes when using CRM Menu Bar
Problem: A user clicks on a menu bar item within CRM and Internet Explorer crashes. The user is asked if they wish to send the error report to Microsoft and closes out the current IE window. (Obviously this is very annoying when attempting to click on "Tools" > "Advance Find..."). This behavior appears to happen on the client machines that have been tested. When trying to duplicate this issue, I have found that on the initial start-up of CRM the menu system works fine. However, after navigating around in CRM (e.g. moving from the initial start-up screen to W...

formula field: don't display anything when value is zero (using ;"
hello, I read this under the topic "How to get a formula field to total an entire table column, even if some cells in the column contain text or are blank" on the MVP-site and can't get it to work. I'm interested in the final bit, using ;"" Does anyone know how to do this? <start quotation>... Then in the total cell, press Ctrl+F9, and within the field braces {}, insert the following formula: { SUM(Table1 F:F) \# "#,##0.00;- #,##0.00;''" } “Table1” in the formula refers to the name of the bookmark you've marked the ...

Exchange 2007 Outlook 2007 Certificate Issue
We have a server certificate on Exchange 2007 for OWA with our public domain name as the common name. The certificate was setup in IIS.. Outlook 2007, as an internal MAPI client examines the server certificate and doesn't like the mis-match between the certificate and internal host name of the Exchange Server. It requires the user to clicking through two certificate name warnings each time Outlook is started. ( these are name warnings - the certificate authority is trusted on the clients ) Summary: Certificate common name owa.xxx.com Internal host name of Exch...

Can I purchase just Outlook 2007 without the entire office?
I want only Outlook 2007, so that I can synch with my Motorola Q. Will this product work alone? I have the trial version and it seems to work, but it's the trial of the entire office suite. Is there anywhere I can download Outlook instead of getting it mailed to me? I have tried Microsoft but they only offer full suite downloads. Thanks Joey Joey wrote: > I want only Outlook 2007, so that I can synch with my Motorola Q. > Will this product work alone? I have the trial version and it seems > to work, but it's the trial of the entire office suite. Is there > anywhere I ...

Stop Chart Style (Format) Update
Hi TWIMC, I'm using Excel 2000 and I have a pivot table that aggregates data based on REGION, COUNTRY, ZONE etc etc. Once I have set up the chart they way that I would like it to look, if I then make a change to the selection using the pivot chart buttons, e.g. I select a country and the chart re-formats itself back to what appears to be the default style. I've set my chart style to the default but it still doesn't keep my chart style. What I want is that the chart style remains the same but the new values are just plotted onto the chart. I'm sure there is an option to turn ...