Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

OK, this is driving me nuts.

I note that w' 2003 (and XP (2002)?) the default install sets the
startup folder to the Inbox.

IIRC, one of the earlier Offices installed Outlook to startup w' that
"all in one view" - Outlook Today.

So just as a wee test - I thought I'd try that for a while, and indeed I
found it quite handy to be able to see all pertinent data on the one
screen.

*However* (and I'm wondering if this is the case with others), I *HAVE*
to use my mouse, whenever I switch to the Inbox, or Calendar, or Tasks
to get the damn focus onto a 'sujbect' (email, calendar item, a task
etc).

No amount of Tabbing or Esc'g or anything I can do on the keyboard will
let me get the focus onto say an email. (eg, there I am in Outlook
Today, I Ctrl-Shift-I to the Inbox (pick another way if you like without
using the mouse), and try to get focus onto an email so you can <Enter>
open it.

So I've given up with Outlook Today - it has been rendered, IMO, useless
by this stealing of focus or something.

Is it just me/my install that is doing this??? - to test, just set your
default startup location for Outlook to "Outlook Today" (personal
folders, the "top of the tree") - and restart O and see how you go
without a mouse.

Infact I'm not sure you need to change the default startup, just go to
Outlook Today - then get back to where you were without using the mouse.

--
Duncan
0