office 2003 #5

i installed office 2003 about an year ago.  now my outlook can not
send/recieve.  i have tried fixing it by uninstalling and reinstalling it
but
there is no change.  any thoughts out there?

Ed

0
telcotech (6)

And what happens when you Test Accounts?

"Ed" <telcotech@comcast.net> wrote in message
> i installed office 2003 about an year ago.  now my outlook can not
> send/recieve.  i have tried fixing it by uninstalling and reinstalling it
> but
> there is no change.  any thoughts out there?
>
> Ed

0
DL
4/11/2007 4:30:40 PM
it works fine.

the pc does not have any firewall software on it.  only uses xp pro build in
firwall software.  i did a update to norton then ran norton.  no virus
found.  scan for spam, which cleaned up pc but no change with microsoft
outlook.

put my emial setting on outlook express and pop3 and smtp both work.  web
emai works fine too.  so i ruled out email not working.

i believe it a registry thing but it could be wrong.  i don't like to go
there if i don't need to but i am out of ideas.

thoughts?

ed

"DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message
> And what happens when you Test Accounts?
>
> "Ed" <telcotech@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> i installed office 2003 about an year ago.  now my outlook can not
>> send/recieve.  i have tried fixing it by uninstalling and reinstalling it
>> but
>> there is no change.  any thoughts out there?
>>
>> Ed

0
telcotech (6)
4/11/2007 4:43:45 PM
Do I follow; You test accounts & it send/receives without a problem? the
received msg is visable?

> it works fine.
>
> the pc does not have any firewall software on it.  only uses xp pro build
in
> firwall software.  i did a update to norton then ran norton.  no virus
> found.  scan for spam, which cleaned up pc but no change with microsoft
> outlook.
>
> put my emial setting on outlook express and pop3 and smtp both work.  web
> emai works fine too.  so i ruled out email not working.
>
> i believe it a registry thing but it could be wrong.  i don't like to go
> there if i don't need to but i am out of ideas.
>
> thoughts?
>
> ed
>

> "DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message
> > And what happens when you Test Accounts?
> >
> > "Ed" <telcotech@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> i installed office 2003 about an year ago.  now my outlook can not
> >> send/recieve.  i have tried fixing it by uninstalling and reinstalling
it
> >> but
> >> there is no change.  any thoughts out there?
> >>
> >> Ed

0
DL
4/11/2007 6:18:25 PM
Ed <telcotech@comcast.net> wrote:

> i installed office 2003 about an year ago.  now my outlook can not
> send/recieve.

Exactly what does happen when you try?

i have tried fixing it by uninstalling and
> reinstalling it but
> there is no change.  any thoughts out there?

Uninstalling and reinstalling rarely fixes Outlook problems of this nature.
Creating a new mail profile helps a lot more, but I won't suggest that yet.
You need to post more symptoms, like error messages, first.

You say you have Norton AntiVirus.  Disable any mail scanning that it may be
doing.  It's not needed and Symantec products have a history of conflicting
with Outlook.  You also say you don't have a firewall, then you say you have
the built-in Windows firewall.  Those are conflicting statements.  Make sure
Outlook is listed as an exception in the firewall configuration.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/12/2007 12:55:50 PM
yes, you are correct.  thre are no error messages.  the send/recieve button
on top and under tools is missing.  this also includes the F9 button.  its
like the entire send/receive option was taken out.

> Do I follow; You test accounts & it send/receives without a problem? the
> received msg is visable?
>
> "Ed" <telcotech@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> it works fine.
>>
>> the pc does not have any firewall software on it.  only uses xp pro build
> in
>> firwall software.  i did a update to norton then ran norton.  no virus
>> found.  scan for spam, which cleaned up pc but no change with microsoft
>> outlook.
>>
>> put my emial setting on outlook express and pop3 and smtp both work.  web
>> emai works fine too.  so i ruled out email not working.
>>
>> i believe it a registry thing but it could be wrong.  i don't like to go
>> there if i don't need to but i am out of ideas.
>>
>> thoughts?
>>
>> ed
>>

>> "DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message
>> > And what happens when you Test Accounts?
>> >
>> > "Ed" <telcotech@comcast.net> wrote in message
> it

0
telcotech (6)
4/13/2007 2:09:55 PM
I did disable mail from Norton.  No change.

the built in firewall isn't an issue since i disable that too.

ed

> Ed <telcotech@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> i installed office 2003 about an year ago.  now my outlook can not
>> send/recieve.
>
> Exactly what does happen when you try?
>
> i have tried fixing it by uninstalling and
>> reinstalling it but
>> there is no change.  any thoughts out there?
>
> Uninstalling and reinstalling rarely fixes Outlook problems of this
> nature. Creating a new mail profile helps a lot more, but I won't suggest
> that yet. You need to post more symptoms, like error messages, first.
>
> You say you have Norton AntiVirus.  Disable any mail scanning that it may
> be doing.  It's not needed and Symantec products have a history of
> conflicting with Outlook.  You also say you don't have a firewall, then
> you say you have the built-in Windows firewall.  Those are conflicting
> statements.  Make sure Outlook is listed as an exception in the firewall
> configuration.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
telcotech (6)
4/13/2007 2:12:23 PM
Ed <telcotech@comcast.net> wrote:

> I did disable mail from Norton.  No change.
>
> the built in firewall isn't an issue since i disable that too.

What about the other things I mentioned?
--
Brian Tillman
0

> Ed <telcotech@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I did disable mail from Norton.  No change.
>>
>> the built in firewall isn't an issue since i disable that too.
>
> What about the other things I mentioned?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
telcotech (6)
4/16/2007 7:27:45 PM
Ed <telcotech@comcast.net> wrote:

> No change.

Does this mean that you tried those things and they didn't affect the
problem?
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
4/17/2007 1:04:43 AM
that is correct.  i have tried what you suggested and there was no change in
the results.  the send/recieve function does not work with micro-outlook.

i am at a stand still  here. any advice, i would gladly try.

thank you.  Ed

> Ed <telcotech@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> No change.
>
> Does this mean that you tried those things and they didn't affect the
> problem?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
telcotech (6)
4/18/2007 8:09:18 PM
Ed <telcotech@comcast.net> wrote:

> that is correct.  i have tried what you suggested and there was no
> change in the results.  the send/recieve function does not work with
> micro-outlook.

I don't see in any of your previous messages that you mention starting with
a new mail profile.  That's the next thing I'd try.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Upgrade Path
I know there is an upgrade available for 2003 Standard to 2007 Professional with a retail price around $600. Can you also "upgrade" 2003 Standard licenses to just a 2007 CAL, and does anyone know the ballpark cost? The majority of my "standard" users won't need the desktop app once we switch to Server. -- PMP MCTS MS Project 2007 Terrie: I am not aware of any upgrade path from 2003 client to 2007 web CAL. In any event, the web CAL price is rather reasonable to begin with, and if you have any kind of discount with Microsoft, these are rather inexpe...

open 2003 db in 2007
i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is greyed out. what is wrong? xin wrote: >i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened >it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is >greyed out. what is wrong? I think they removed that capability because it caused so much trouble or only worked in very specific circumstances. The solution to your problem is the same as it was in earlier versions: Export the report's rec...

Failure to get into Out of office assistant
On one mailbox on a 5.5 server a user gets an error message when trying to get into the out of offce assistant. It says "Your AutoReply message could not be displayed. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator." They can get into all other folders and have no other problems. Trying to access it as an exchange administrator produces the same error so it doesn't seem like a permission problem unless no one has permisions. Can you delete and recreate the profile? --� Milly Staples [M...

Office upgrade -- 2004-2008
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I'm thinking about purchasing the Mac Office upgrade (2008) for my father's upcoming birthday. He and my mother presently use Office 2004 on their iMac. The question I have is in relation to the changes made to Office 2008. Does anyone know if they are similar to the massive changes made to Microsoft Office on the Windows side (with the release of Office 2007)? Meaning, my parents are a little bit older and a little bit more set in their ways. I'm not sure they want to be forced to learn new ribbons, new butt...

how do I install MS Office on my second computer?
I installed MS Office on my main computer, registered and validated it. It runs fine. I installed MS Office (same product) on my second computer and when I try to open a new doc in Word or Excel a window pops up and tells me I have to purchase the software, because many features are disabled. "Bill the Greek" <Bill the Greek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05DD85B9-5E6E-4AB3-AE88-A5658610795D@microsoft.com... > I installed MS Office on my main computer, registered and validated it. > It > runs fine. I installed MS Office (same produc...

Scheduled Tasks Not Working after Server 2003 Upgrade
Last week, I upgraded our Exchange 2003 server to Windows Server 2003. After the upgrade, I started getting DCOM errors (Event ID 10021). According to an article I found, I modified the permissions in DCOM Config/IIS WAMREG admin service to give the Network Service permissions under Launch and Activation. I have a scheduled task to back up my Information Store daily. Since I made this change, the Task Scheduler is not running. I can manually back up the Information Store successfully. Are there other permissions I need to change? Thank you in advance for any help. Kate Townsend ...

Is there an Office Template for Carpenter business in particular?
I am looking for a simple template to record measurements and other job/client specifics, taken on the job. Please mail your reply directly to Traject@zonnet.nl Thank you, Michiel Mussies ...

Moving e-mails in OL2002 and Exchange 5.5?
We have got an Exchange 5.5 server and I am trying to use the Outlook Rules Wizard to move e-mails from any address with @company.com in their e-mail address to a different folder under my Inbox. This doens't work. It works with outside addresses, but not internal ones. We have multiple domain's accross multiple locations, so would like to create one to move @company1.com to Company 1 folder, @company2.com to Company 2 folder ETC. Any idea how this can be done? ...

Office 2008 doesn't install
Hi,<br> <br> when I tried to install it said it can't find software to install, just after choosing the install location. what's going on? I have office 2004 installed. problem solved - I had to change the system language to english before installing! ...

2000,2002,2003 font size?
As a member of PSPP, we receive Publisher files by email without always knowing the version in which they were created. If they are 2002 files and we open them in 2003, the font sizes change (usually larger). Is there anyway to have 2003 open files so that the font sizes open as originally created? Without having a printed copy of the original file, we have no way of knowing what has changed. Can anyone help? Hi OhMarty (mboggs@tampabay.rr.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || As a member of PSPP, we receive Publisher files by email without || always knowing the version in whic...

Outlook 2003 calendar events into Excel 2003?
Hello, I would like an Excel sheet that grabs my calendar events (i.e. to have a list of my Outlook calendar events, such as people's Birthday's, in an Excel sheet and updates whenever you open up the Excel sheet. A lookup formula would be useful as I already have a list of the year's dates with my hours worked, sunrise and last's average temperatures for each day. Is this possible in some way? Kol Kolin, I have posted an example of how to navigate the Outlook Object Model to: http://www.Galimi.com/Examples/Outlook.xls http://HelpExcel.com "Kolin Tregaskes&...

Outlook 2003: Delegate Permissions suddenly GRAYED OUt
hope someone can help I am supporting a user who cannot access the delegate permissions anymore List under Tools/Options/Delegates are all grayed out this is not a new install She is operating on a Citrix Server, but I access her mailbox via a PC install of OUtlook and it is the same can anyone offer suggestions? I support 150 clients and this is an anomaly In news:436bbf2c$1_3@newspeer2.tds.net, MStuartev <mstuartev@tds.net> typed: > hope someone can help > I am supporting a user who cannot access the delegate permissions > anymore List under Tools/Options/Delegates are al...

exceeded the numbers of times to install Office v. X
I have a G4 that I have had nothing but problems on. Apple's latest solution was to replace the computer completely. This one is working fine, so far. I run OS X 10.2.6. Because of my computer problems, I have had to install Office v. X a number of times. Apparently, one too many times, according to my pop up message. Is there a work around for this? I tried calling microsoft, but waited for over an hour today for tech support with no one picking up, so i'm putting my question out to the newsgroup. What is up with Microsoft? On 9/17/03 12:16 PM, in article a64b5a2e.0309171116....

Entourage 2008 to Exchange 2003 calendar synch issue -- can it be automated?

adding news account to outlook 2003
Is it possible with outlook 2003 to add news account like with outlook express? Thanks "arnololo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d00c01c3ef5b$d4caaaa0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible with outlook 2003 to add news account like > with outlook express? > > Thanks Not exactly - all versions of Outlook actually use Outlook Express for news. So that means that I need to have outlookexpress runing for my news account?? I can not check my news accout with outlook 2003? It is not very logical to have outlookexpress runing for the new...

Cannot Delete a Calendar in Exchange 2003 / Outlook
Hello. I have a mailbox user that has several calendars set up. For example they have a 2001 Calendar, 2002, 2003. I need to delete these calendars. I was able to delete 3 of the 4 calendars, but the system will not let me delete one of them. I set myself up as the owner of the mailbox, and I am an exchange and Domain admin. If I right-click on the calendars, the option is there to delete, all except for one of the calendars. Any thoughts? Thanks, Alan ...

Cannot Connect to Exchange 2003
I have just completed an Exchange2003 installation and everything went fine. I am able to connect to Exhange with the Outlook Web Access client and with Outlook Express. However when I try to add an Outlook 2003 clent i get the following error "The name could not be resolved. The Bookmark is Invalid" I have check AD and DNS and everything is worjing correctly. Please Help Thanks Rick Alain, Thanks for the help but I cannot seem to find the post you are refering to. I have search all newsgroupps with no results. Please Advise Thanks Again, Rick >-----Original Mess...

Upgrade problems from 7.5 to 8
I have been attempting a test upgrade from 7.50g53 to 8.00g7; everything that I try gives me errors on UPR70500, IV770500, and GL70500. I can ignore the error and the upgrade completes, but how important are the Report Options tables? Error Code: 0 Error: Other Error (135) Error Explanation: The conversion process encountered an error and the temporary table did not get removed Additional Information: Table (SLTST.dbo.G70500L) did not have the correct structure prior to the conversion of this table. Recommended Action: Remove the temporary table at the database level. Any ideas? Will...

Strange Exchange 5.5 add-on... help
I have been tasked with finding out and removing / archiving an add-on that someone in the past had installed into our 5.5 setup (soon to be 2003 once we remove this add-on) years back. Basically, it's a project management tool that is stored in Public Folders where we are presented with different project orientated options. I cannot find anything about this tool. Does anyone have any idea on it? -- James Ogden, MCP | A+ On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 07:36:01 -0800, "James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been tasked with finding out and removing / archivi...

Exchange 5.5 Admin and deleting Public Folders
I'm using the Ed Crowley Method to move from an old 5.5 server to a new 5.5 server that can later be upgraded. All is going fine so far. When in the Admin window, near the top of the list o the left is Public Folders. If I expand the tree, there are many folders in there, most of which are no longer used by anyone. I'd like to delete them. If I click on one, delete in the Edit menu and the "X" in the button bar are both grayed out. How can I delete some of these folders we don't need anymore? Thanks. Charles Woolever On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 23:06:24 GMT, Charles Woo...

Office 2003 (Excel)
I have a worksheet where I have 3 columns and 40 rows unlocked, the rest are locked as far as security goes. The 3rd col has validation for text up to 74 chars with a warning of the error and to delete the xtra chars. Then I protect the sheet, the book and then I share it. It does not work in other computers. I guess other poeple have office 2000 or whatever. So with that in mind I save my sheet to Excel 97 & 95 (or something to that effect). It does not work in other computers. I'm desperate now. Or rather exasperated. :-) Please help. TIA Hernan Hi Hernan, Alt+down arr...

error 550 5.7.1 #2
Hello, We just acuired a new office and I had their MX record forward to my exchange server. However when an email from the old domain (this example bankxxx.com) I get the message below. I added bankxxx.com to my smtp connections to accecpt from this domain but it just doesn't want to accept it. It still only accepts email from my current domain which is bankyyy.com This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out. <bill@bankxxx.com>: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx does not like recipient. Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for mjaneiro@bankhnb.com Giving up...

Out of Office Autoreply #4
Hi, I am trying to set up an out of office autoreply email, but cannot find it anywhere in Outlook Express. Can anyone help? Thanks. "Amy" <amy.rma@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:943d01c4789a$0aacf3e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, I am trying to set up an out of office autoreply > email, but cannot find it anywhere in Outlook Express. Can > anyone help? Thanks. That's because there isn't one. Do not confuse Outlook EXPRESS with Outlook. Despite the similar names, they are completely different programs. Hey there. I have been trying to find the out of ...

Kaputte Hyperlinks in Excel 2003 nach Datei speichern
Hallo, ich habe ein Problem mit meinen Hyperlinks, die ich im Excel 2003 erstellt habe. Bevor ich die Datei sichere, funktionieren alle Links - nach dem Sichern der Datei sind manche Hyperlinks defekt. Ich habe herausgefunden, dass es im Zusammenhang mit dem Server auf den der LInk zielt und der Einstellung Extras-Optionen-Allgemein- Standardspeicherort zu dem Fehler kommt. Ich habe als Laufwerk H ein Serverlaufwerk gemountet \\filer\user\andy (Server ist Windows 2000) und als Standardspeicherort H:\ eingestellt. H:\ wird �ber AD dem Benutzer verbunden (Profil-Basisordner) Dieser Server st...

Mailbox size limits in 2003
I know I'm kind of asking the same question again, but I need to know if there is a Microsoft recommended mailbox size. I could swear I read somewhere that MS recommends a mailbox size of 250MB, but I can't find it. Surely MS has some opinion on this issue. I read the blog entry on mailbox sizes, but that is a very weak argument. I need something that says this is the recommended mailbox size because ..... I'm getting ready to migrate from 2000 to 2003 and I have users with mailboxes over 5GB. I'm worried that there will be problems during the migration (I'm installi...