OFF CENTER MESSAGE WINDOW

When I attempt to open a message or create a new message, the window is always SO off center that I have to drag it into the middle in order to read the entire message.  Any suggestions on how to have the window open in the middle of the screen each time I open a message or create a new message?  Thanks

0
anonymous (74722)

Corrupted Inbox Message
I have a message in my inbox that is unable to be deleted. It is causing an error in my nightly tape backup that is causing the backup job as having failed when in reality only this message was not backed up. My computer is connected to an SBS 2000 server and the mail is stored in my inbox. How do I get rid of this message? I have already run ISINTEG and ESEUTIL on the information store and the "priv1.edb" - the database integrity is OK. Thank you, Kelly Holland have you tried to do a shift delete? if that doesn't work, try using exmerge to archive the message out ...

Can Turfed messages be delivered?
Running Exch 5.5SP4. Set up message filtering to stop some unwanted emails. But this also caught some legimate messages. Is there a way to cause or allow those selected emails to be delivered? Can this be done manually? If so, how? Thanks! ...

Outlook or Windows Mobile 6 problem???
I recently got a Samsung Blackjack II Windows Mobile device, which I like way more than the Palm Treo 650 it replaced. There is one problem, however, which I describe below. I'm posting this message in this group because Samsung Level III support claims the problem is caused by outlook data corruption, not a bug in WM 6. I also posted a description of this problem in two Microsoft.pocketpc usenet groups and no one replied. Here is my problem description, which describes behavior on the WM 6 device: 1. If I am entering data into any application, or trying to send a text message, abou...

What ever happened to Microsoft Stress for Windows Applications?
What ever happened to Microsoft Stress for Windows Applications? Perhaps it got Stressed out :-). -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Roger Dunn" <roger@rogndeb.us> wrote in message news:52961478.0406151549.2b7cf241@posting.google.com... > What ever happened to Microsoft Stress for Windows Applications? Do you mean Windows 3.1, Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT, WinXP, or the newer more 'creatively named' version. The current name of all of these applications is more correctly termed "Microsoft Stress for Windows Users". B. H. Roger Dunn wr...

Use the Edit MO Status window to identify orders with shortages
The Edit Manufacturing Order Status window should also be capable of identifying orders with shortages. This would enable a mass release of MOs, yet only for those orders with no material shortages. This screen is a big step toward doing high volumes of orders by planner, but this is a key ingredient that's missing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the...

Disabling / enabling entire menu and toolbar if child window open and has focus
Greetings, I have an MFC app within which a user can choose to go to the company's web site. If they select this from the menu, a CMDIChildWnd is created containing a CHtmlView. I need to have it so when this window is opened, all the menus are disabled and the toolbar is disabled. Also, when the window loses / gets focus, the menus are disabled / enabled respectively. Is there an easy way of doing this? How might I go about it? Thanks for your help! ~simon You can't disable *all* the menu items typically, because you want File>Exit, Help>About, other Help items, etc. en...

Error message Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
I am unable to open Outlook - get the error message above EACH time I try to launch it. I am running Windows XP, have Norton installed, checked the firewall allows Outlook. I have uninstalled, reinstalled Outlook and downloaded and installed the service pack update. I followed some suggestions on this discussion site as suggested by Nikkin in the response to: "John Frustrated" <fortlaud@mail.com> Sent: 5/1/2004 8:36:21 AM. but nothing works. Can anyone help? What suggestions have you tried? I don't recall the message you are referring to. Rename outcmd.dat an...

winsock error message
I have recently installed a mail server (ArGoSoft) on my computer. When I send an email on the mail server, Outlook indicates that it has been sent, but the log on the server indicates that there is a "Winsock error when communicating with exchanger." Everything else checks out. I don't think it is a DNS problem, but I'm stumped. Any suggestions? Thanks! Richard ...

Undeliverable messages #3
Hello all, I am getting lots of these undeliverable messages even to emails within my own domain. Any idea why or who to diagnose? please advise. Undeliverable: Contract System Administrator Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Contract Sent: 12/30/2006 8:19 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'nospam@nospam.com' on 12/30/2006 8:19 AM 554 <'nospam@nospam.com>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied ''nospam@nospam.com2 on 12/30/2006 8:19 AM 554 <...

Can not send message nor send an attachment from the web
This is what I get when I try to send a message and an attachment from the web. Can you please help me out. The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject ' Check out this article Half a Million Plastic Coffins?', Account: 'pop3', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D "adrian" <atheop@att.net> wrote in message news:ecvAdUTaKHA.4920@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > This is what I get when I try to send a...

Forwarding incoming messages to an external email account
My company has recently undergone a split. There are 4 individuals that have left and will be receiving email under another domain name. I need to set their email accounts to automatically forward any received emails to their other address. As I can only forward to someone in the active directory how can I accomplish this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. eli silverman wrote: > My company has recently undergone a split. There are 4 individuals > that have left and will be receiving email under another domain name. > I need to set their email accounts to automatically forwa...

Outlook won't allow me to delete message
I tried to forward an email message and it did not work. The message sat in the Outbox after the rest of the messages where sent. I then clicked on the message and 'forwarded' it. That message was sent. When I then tried to delete the original message in the 'Outbox' folder, it will not allow it and gives me the following message: 'This message interface has produced an unknown error. If the problem persits, restart Outlook. When I restarted Outlook (three times) the message still appears when I try to delete it. Everything else works fine and I can continu...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

Extender Window #2
Question: I've created a extender window and pushed it out to a number of companies. Using GP 9.0 and so forth. Every now and then, I'll get a notice from a client that the extender window is no longer available. Easy fix for me is to just import it again. My question to you all, Is there anything documented or known to cause extender windows to just disappear? The data stored in them is still resident in the tables on the back-end, just the window itself isn't there. Tiger, I've noticed this happen whenever I made a change to the key fields in the extender window. You ar...

Windows 7 Minimum Requirements
Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an antivirus, "Sam spade" <sloopokespam@opto.net> wrote in message news:OgZKzlgbKHA.5796@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Does anyone know what are the minimum requirements for a new pc with > Windows 7. Looks like I'd want Works,Quicken for software and an > antivirus, Best to ask in a Windows 7 Community Forum. According to MS website: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor ...

Window's verson numbers
I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. I can get the OS version number using _osver global variable found in the include STDLIB.H. But I need a list of what version number correspond to what OS so I know what the value in _osver means. Does anyone know where I can find these definitions? Also the major and minor builds might be useful? If this is the wrong newsgroup could you direct me to the right one? Thank Lots, Neil Neil B wrote: >I'm writing an app in C++ using VS.net and I need to do this based on the OS. >I can get the OS ver...

Threaded message view?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00DB_01C3970B.56F977D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable First off, sorry if this is in a FAQ somewhere. I'm using Outlook 2003 and for the life of me can't find a way to get a = threaded message view similar to how Outlook Express shows messages in = newsgroups. I've experimented with group by/sort by filters, and the = best I can come up with is a view that has messages in threads, but = sorted the wrong way. Is there a way I can get message th...

HPEN and Rectangle() on Contantly refeshing window object
Hello, Well, I am totally stumped on this one. VC++ 6.0: I have an app that has a video window playing. What I need to do is to be able to draw a rubberbanded rectangle around an area within this screen. Well, the rubberband stuff works until it stretches over the video part of the window -- you will see the rubberbanded Rectangle for a split second on every mouse move, but as soon as motion stops, the rubberbanded rectangle line will be overwritten with the animated video screen. Is there a trick to set an HPEN object to be the top Z order so that it doesn't disappear when ove...

Unblocking messages in IMF
A couple of quick questions for you IMF gurus. My IMF is working great. I'm probably stopping about 99.99% of SPAM coming in. However there is a very small percent (maybe about 5 daily) of legitimate emails getting blocked. My 1st question. When using the IMF Companion Tool there is an option to "Unblock and deliver selected message(s)". However when I highlight the desired email and choose this option is doesn't appear to be delivering this email. Which leads me to another question. When I do make this selection does it tag the email with an SCL rating and allow it to...

automatically sending messages at set times??
Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a specified time?? ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P "Adam Membrey" <membreya@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:O$2Z4y0zEHA.3416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Wondering if there's a way with Outlook to send a default message at a > specified time?? > > ie: a message for my ex to repay me her debts on a weekly basis :P Sure if you are willing to write code but chances are it would be easier to do from the command line with one of the email utilities like ...

Keeping Custom Properties When Forwarding or Replying to a Message #2
We have emails saved on the file system, that is kept track of by another program. These emails have custom properties attached to them. There is no custom form, just custom properties. These fields were originally added using objPost.UserProperties.Add. We need it so that when someone opens up one of these emails through the file system, and then replies or fowards the message, these custom properties are kept in the reply. This is so the external program can track these emails. Is there a way this can be done? We could have these emails opened up using an Outlook command line that i...

Trying to move messages to folders
When I try to move certain email messages to other folders (manually), suddenly I get this message: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Even with the restarts, I still get the error messages. I looked up the error message in the database, but it seems to be listed only in cases where you're forwarding mail, not moving it. I also checked for updates to Outook 2002, but the scan said I was up-to-date. This all happened, by the way, after I installed Service Pack 2. Can anyone help? Thanks so much! ...

Receiving 2 of every message
I recently paid for a hotmail account so I could have larger storage and not get cancelled for any reasons such as not checking it often enough. I followed the instructions and put my service on Outlook Express. Now I'm receiving 2 of every message. What's up? Can I fix this? Thanks Darla ...

when i am in the window to choose a folder to export none are list
I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. What version of Outlook are you using? Does anything show in that pane of the Import/Export Wizard? "outlook export files" <outlook export files@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17414043-FCB0-4C02-8ABF-C5288395157F@microsoft.com... >I want to export my contacts to an excel file. When I am in the window to > choose a folder to export, there are no folders to click on. ...

keeping messages in inbox
I've been using Outlook for about a month to pull in my emails from a different mail services I have - AOL and SBC/Yahoo. The problem I'm having is that while my messages are coming in from AOL correctly (or they seem to be), Outlook only retains them for a week or so then they disappear. It does not happen with the SBC mail (which is the first/default mail account). I've looked everywhere for something to adjust the length of time messages stay in the Inbox folder for the AOL messages, but no success. Anyone with ideas that might help would be greatly appreciated, be...