OE unsafe file attachement message

Each time I send an e-mail with an attachment there is a
message stating the following: "OE removed access to the
following unsafe file attachments". I was able to discover
this by looking in my sent items folder and pulling up
each individual e-mail. However, I did a test and sent to
some people they did receive the e-mail and attachments.

Any idea what this is all about.

Thanks in advance!
0
amidon2 (1)

This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different
program, despite its similar name..

You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an
Outlook Express news group.

Try posting in one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac for OE for Macintosh

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

A good website for information on OE is:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/

"Linda Amidon" <amidon2@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Each time I send an e-mail with an attachment there is a
> message stating the following: "OE removed access to the
> following unsafe file attachments". I was able to discover
> this by looking in my sent items folder and pulling up
> each individual e-mail. However, I did a test and sent to
> some people they did receive the e-mail and attachments.
>
> Any idea what this is all about.
>
> Thanks in advance!

0
cj6178 (257)

Public Folder Contacts ... global File As change
Hi, We're running Windows SBS 2003, with Outlook 2002/2003 clients for Exchange. We have our contacts (about 8000) in a Public Folder, we need the File As to be the Company (Lastname, Firstname). Is there any way that this can be done without having to modify each contact manually? Also, do I need to change the default File As on each editing workstation manually or is there any way this can be controlled from the server? Thanks for your assistance. ...

Is there ANY possibility to view embedded PDF object in XLS file after when this xls file is digitally signed?
Hello, I created an XLS file with an embedded pdf object. I can view this object when I double click on its icon. However, if I sign this xls file, I am no longer able to view this embedded PDF object. If I double click on its icon, nothing happen. I am concerned in this last two days with no results. I appreciated any advice. Mike ...

Window Mail losing saved message content
In some folders whatever message I click on the same message opens regardless. If I try to move a message back to the Inbox then all messages in the folder show as "cannot find content" I have not deleted these messages but saved them in folders. Where did they go? How do I get them back? This has happened since my last backup so I cannot get them from the external backup file. Plus, this sho7uld not happen. I checked another folder, first it worked, then later it went bad as well. How do I get my emails restored, and how do I prevent this crap from happening ag...

Post Exchange SP2 install outgoing messages not being delivered
I have just finished installing SP1 for Windows 2003 Server and SP2 for Exchange 2003, since the install mail being sent to specific servers i.e aol.com, yahoo.com, and a few others is not flowing, it is being queued and not being delivered as before. I need to find a fix for this issue fast, Any and all help with this would be greatly appreciated. OS: Windows 2003 Server Standard w/ SP1 and all updates Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 Thanks in advance. That usually indicates that the server cannot resolve the target domains in DNS. I have seen similar problems caused by the virus scann...

Expost Outlook PST file to Outlook 2002 PST file
I have a customer who has bought a copy of Office 2003 which he has now decided he doesn't like!! He has asked me to return his system to his old Office XP Professional. No problem except for one thing - I exported his PST file from Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5703) and tried to import it toOutlook 2002 (10.2627.2625) and the result was that Outlook 2002 doesn't recognise the format of the Outlook 2003 PST file! My customer isn't impressed!! Does nyone any ideas on how I can either export the file in a format that will be recognised AND keep all his folders and messages where t...

Rollup and OWA Attachments
ADVERTISEMENT We recently installed the Post RTM Rollup on 30 of our 60 mailbox servers and have noticed that certain attachments are being partially stripped when opened in OWA (whether through a frontend or directly to the backend). This includes any html or text doc. For instance, if I send a text file with only the following line and I open it in OWA, the file is empty: "<SCRIPT language="JavaScript">" The line is completely stripped. Any html file with any reference to javascript has those parts stripped as well. (i.e. if I save yahoo.com as a single ...

Attaching an e-mail into an e-mail
Our boss likes for us to draft her e-mails to be sent out. We type and attach the e-mail she wants, send it to her and all she has to do is open it up, make her changes and hit send. This used to work w/ 2000 but w/ 2003 it does not. Any suggestions? can you be a bit more specific, what is it that isnt working now ?? Regards Davidt "Hope" wrote: > Our boss likes for us to draft her e-mails to be sent out. We type and > attach the e-mail she wants, send it to her and all she has to do is open it > up, make her changes and hit send. This used to work w/ 2000 b...

Outlook 200 messages all contain attachments
Just in the last day or so every message I have received has had attached a text file with the text of the message. This is in addition to the message itself. I don't know what I might have done to change an option and can't find anything in the options menus that might affect this. Any ideas? Bob Weinheimer Charleston, WV Have you tried rebooting? I had that happen once a long time ago and a reboot cured it. "Bob Weinheimer" <rmweinheimer@ntelos.net> wrote in message news:2DjXe.20694$tc7.18573@fe03.lga... > Just in the last day or so every message I have r...

importing multiple text files???
Hi, I am experiencing a big problem. As a part of my analysis for PhD I have to analyze more then 1000 files. The data that I have is in text files. To be more precise, I have 5 different data sets, from different meteo centres, each centre has a data set of 365 files for each day during the year. The format of text files is something as following: Camborne Met. Office WINDS rev 4.1 50.20 -5.30 88 02 01 01 00 00 23 0 29 3 35 07:09 (3.0) 07:09 (3.0) 06:08 (3.0) 284 284 65 65 400 400 23 23 12.5 12.5 1 1500 1500 35 35 400 400 43 90.0 43 74.5 313 74.5 HT SPD DIR Radials... 0.101 9.8 113 0.0...

Moving my Outlook files to new computer
How can I move my Outlook 2003 files (Contacts, Calendar, mail, etc) to a new computer? ...

Opening tab-delimited files in Excel... how to stop the autoformat of dates?
Hello, I'm doing bioinformatics work in which I often download tab-delimited files describing genomes and open them in Excel. Unfortunately, Excel decides that genes with names like APR1 and SEP7 are actually dates, and reformats them as such. This is a huge headache, as I often don't notice these problems until much later. Is there anyway to completely disable this date autoformatting? I've searched high and low and have yet to find a solution. Thanks! P.S. I'm using Excel 2002 -- salamander ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sa...

"You forwarded this message" icon
Is there anyway of removing the icon that shows that a message has been forwarded? Thanks for any help on this! No. Busted. "Tractorhead" wrote: > Is there anyway of removing the icon that shows that a message has been > forwarded? > > Thanks for any help on this! Sure, reply to it. Jacob "Tractorhead" wrote: > Is there anyway of removing the icon that shows that a message has been > forwarded? > > Thanks for any help on this! good one "Jake" wrote: > Sure, reply to it. > > Jacob > ...

How to set Recipient Limits option under Message Delivery for certain users
Dear All, Quick Question: under Global Settings --> Message Delivery , under the properites of Message Delivery there is an option called "Recipient Limits" which will limit the number of recipients per single email, the defaul number is 5000 recipient per single email. now, if i applied this settings and i mentioned 30 recipients, these settings will be applied to all the users under my exchange server, becasue it is under the Global Settings of Exchange. Now, how can i exclude some VIP users from such settings ? i don't want this Global Settings for recipient limits...

Stripped news attachment
On a Corel newsgroup, there was a message with a WPD attachment. However, my newsreader stripped this attachment. I understand that with the various MS patches that EXE and such type attachments might be stripped, but I'm surprised about the WPD file. (I was able to get it by forwarding the message to myself.) Anyone know why the above happened...or if it should? Thx John Olson Ottawa Sorry for the addition, but perhaps the following info is important: I have Windows XP Professional SP1 with Outlook 2000 SP3 (Internet Mail Only version). "John Olson" <john@nospam.ca>...

Outlook attachment problems
Dear Our oversea office sender using Outlook Sending message (HTML) insert a picture sending message to my office, when I have received the attachment auto duplicate one set in the message. I have asked the sender try remove the picture and FORWARD to my e-mail, but the attachment sill in the message and auto duplicate one set attachment. Out overseas office using MS SBS , user setup WG mode for outlook download message. I am not sure which part problems or virus effect. Please advice how to solve out the problems ASAP. JACKIE ...

How can I forward an email as attachment in 2003
Hi Could anybody please tell me how to send emails as attachments in Outlook 2003? Thank you, Paul -- Paulobrien29 Make a new email and then use Insert Item to insert the email you want to send. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Paulobrien29" <Paulobrien29.4b477ff@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:Paulobrien29.4b477ff@outlookbanter.com... > > Hi > > Could anybody please tell m...

File Association in Dialog-Based Application
Has anyone seen any info on how to associated a file type with my dialog-based application? In order to use RegisterShellFileTypes(), I must add my document template using AddDocTemplates(). But AddDocTemplates() can't be called without a CDocument class. Thanks for any thoughts. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com >Has anyone seen any info on how to associated a file type with my >dialog-based application? > >In order to use RegisterShellFileTypes(), I must add my document template >using AddDocTemplates(). But AddDocTemplates() ...

automatic warning message
Hi, Is it possible to add an automatic enterprise warning message in bottom of each email sent by Exchange 2003 Thanks Marc There are a number of 3rd party tools that do this. The easiest native way to do this is with an event sink. The following KB will step you through setting this up: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317327&Product=exch2003 "Marc D" <asdasdasd@asdasd.com> wrote in message news:%23nJ75lxpFHA.1260@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, Is it possible to add an automatic enterprise warning message in > bottom of each email...

ACH file incorrect
The bank says our ach file is incorrect. It should begin with 522 and end with 822 and it begins with 520 and ends with 820. Does anyone know where or what I need to change to get this the file to display correctly. Thanks for any input Brandon ...

Obtaining Path of the file/folder ?
Hi I have an mfc dialog based demo application. I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Explorer's context menu, which i m able to successfully by making some additions to the registry. Now whenever the user right clicks on some folder/file,the context menu displays my application's entry which gets executed when the user clicks on it. How can i obtain the path of the file/folder on which the user right clicked ? Waiting for suggestions Regards >I have an mfc dialog based demo application. >I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Expl...

Exchange 5.5 message.txt
Hi, I have problem. I got email with error message: This message uses a character set that is not supported by the Internet Service. To view the original message content, open the attached message. If the text doesn't display correctly, save the attachment to disk, and then open it using a viewer that can display the original character set. <<message.txt>> Anyone knows the solution? ...

.XLB file corrupted often
The excel.xlb file is getting currupted every week or so. Once replaced w. a good version things work fine for a while. Any suggestions on premenent fixes or what is possibly corrupting it. Thanks for any suggestions Hi Andrew, One possibility is some rogue VBA code which is customising menus/toolbars and not undoing its work properly. If this is the case then yoour XLB file can get larger and larger until it falls over. If you are running any VBA code or using addins check that they have a workbook_close routine that removes any changes to menus/toolbars they have made. hth Charles...

Disabling Unicode Messaging
Apparently Exchange 2003 uses Unicode Messaging which previous versions of Exch did not. Now that we have migrated all of our users from Exch 2000 to 2003 their OST files will not work. We have no need for Unicode messaging so rather than rebuilding all of our User's Outlook Profile we would rather simply "disable" Unicode Messaging on the Exch Server. Does anyone have any idea how to do that? Can it be done once the server is in use and has 150+ mailboxes on it Thanks for any input Michael ...

Headers for internal messages
I've been asked to find a way to display message headers in Outlook for our local Exchange communications, IE employee to employee message. I'm aware that you can go into Outlook and view a message's full header under Message Options, but this only works for internet based messages. We'd really like to be able to see the originating client IP address for our Exchange messages in that Options box. Is something like that possible for Exchange? I've seen it with other systems. Thanks! TxKevo wrote: > I've been asked to find a way to display message headers i...

Are there functions/Or Events that are called automatically when the database file first opens and When it closes?
All, I'm assuming its "Public Function init_something()" but I can't seem to find a reference to the correct syntax. I'm using Access 2007. Basically what I'm trying to do is initialize a list of global variables and I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Option Compare Database Public VariableName As String 'Call Init - Will throw an error 'VariableName = "Hello World" - Will throw an error Option Explicit Public Function Init() VariableName = "Hello World" End Function Private Sub btName_Click() ...