OE removes access to unsafe attachments in mail

how do i fix this problem.  i am unable to open any
emails with attachments.  can anyone help on a fix for
this?  thanks
0
us4857 (1)

Uncheck the second box from the top after selecting Tools | Options |
Security tab in Outlook Express.

--
Neo [MVP Outlook]
Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted

"us4857" <us4857@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> how do i fix this problem.  i am unable to open any
> emails with attachments.  can anyone help on a fix for
> this?  thanks

0
neo
12/29/2003 11:54:13 PM
"neo [mvp outlook]" <neo!remove_me!@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Uncheck the second box from the top after selecting Tools | Options |
> Security tab in Outlook Express.

And make sure you have an up-to-date virus scanner, this "unsafe
attachments" feature is designed to limit virus spread.

Fraser.

0
no46764 (5)

Can't open shared access database with double click from explorer.
While trying to diagnose Access 2007 corrupting Access 2000 databases, I've come across a situation where if I try to double click an MDB file on a shared network drive, nothing happens. Access doesn't start (either with access 2000 or access 2007). However, if I wait til I get the "Open File - Security Warning" on one machine, then double click it on the other, then I can open it on both machines. In addition, I can always open it from the open menu in access. Obviously something to do with the open file warning is going on here. Is there any way to set the regist...

file send to as attachment outlook 2007
When using in word or excel command "send a copy of the document in an e-mail message as an attachment", outlook creats a new e-mail message with the document attached as it should be done. Then I add text in message body, and send the mail. It arrives only with the attachment. The text in message body disappears. This happens only if I work in outlook chache mode. My os is winXp Pro, and my server is SBS 2003. It used to work correct, until somthing happened. Any idea to solve? Thank you Zipi ...

moving mail/contacts from outlook express_ to_ outlook
I can not find any of my Outlook Express saved items: Thought they were at a location similar to below: C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Mail Searched by *.dbx / *.ibx / *.pst and opening every subfolder. Got a little ahead of ourselves and "switched" from OE to Outlook - Comcast claimed OE was the same or better, but we missed some of the Outlook features. Now we have lost our "address books" and some important attachments that were still within emails...the emails are downloaded somewhere on this hardrive as we have not deleted a thing...right ? ...

Microsoft Access Subform Question
Group, I have a Ms Access 2000 database with four tables, One primary (NAMES), sub tables are PAYMENT, REFERRED AND PURCHASE. I want to reference the Totals field from the table PAYMENT in the unbound text box called txTotalPayment. This is in a form called CUSTOMERS with a subform called PAYMENT. What formula (if thats the correct name for it) do I use to reference this data? http://www.webguytx.info/access/relationship.png (shows table relationship) Robert Hello Robert, If the name of the subform control is [Payments] then for the ControlSource of [txTotalPayment] enter: =[Paymen...

Creating an Excel table from Access
Hi, I have an Access database which I use to log downtime for systems. I have a requirement to produce a monthly report based on this data, however, this needs to be exported to excel in a specific format. Down the left side of the report need to go the names of the services, with the days (numerically like: 1, 2, 3 .. 29, 30 etc) across the top. Then I need to count the number of times each service was down on a give day, and insert that information into the necessary cell - so if intranet services had been down twice on 16th March, for example, there would be a 2 in column 16, whi...

3.0 Mail Merge
Is anyone experiencing this issue post upgrade to 3.0.....? When attempting to Print Quote for Customer in Outlook, we select the quote template, then Microsoft Word opens. From here the mail merge functions would begin. However, the mail merge toolbar is grayed out and we cannot merge to new document. We can't do anything. Is the process for Print Quote for Customer different in CRM 3.0? Or is this an issue? If so, can anyone provide assistance on this. Thank you! Cayla Will the templates we had set up to use in CRM 1.2 (for mail merging) still function in 3.0? Or are there ...

How to account for mail back rebate in money
I have bought bunch of stuff where i pay up front money but on a later date i receive mail back rebate. How do i account for this refund in the Microsoft money? I did not see any category or feature which supports this very common practice of mail back rebate. Is there any add on feature which support tracking of mail back rebate (whether i received or not and flags when its past due after few weeks) Thanks Parikh Enter a similar cost entry [spend, increase, etc] but with a minus value. This will give the net cost of the item you purchased. "Parikh" <anonymous@discussio...

V4 Mail Merge on Custom entities
Hello We have noticed that new entities added at v4 appear in the mail merge list but that custom entities carried over when upgrading a v3 system do not. Does anyone have any information on how this is controlled and whether there is an option to set an entity as included once it has been created ? All info gratefully received Thanks...Phil That should help: http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2008/01/enabling-mail-m.html Cheers -- George Doubinski CRM Certified Professional - Developer Blog: http://crm.georged.id.au/ "Phil Kedward" <Phil Kedward@discussions.microsoft.com...

Does Access work properly under Vir PC?
Hi Can you develop access db's under Vir PC? I could not use it with my old ver of Vir PC MS Access works fine (although slowly) in virtual PC. -Jim Gordon Mac MVP All responses should be made to this newsgroup within the same thread. Thanks. About Microsoft MVPs: http://www.mvps.org/ Search for help with the free Google search Excel add-in: <http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm> ---------- In article <047501c3cee4$fbf13460$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Tom" <gamedayphoto@yahoo.com> wrote: > > Hi > Can you develop access db's under Vir PC? > I could...

Not possible to remove mail reminders in outlook 2002
Hiya, I have a big problem with old mail that keeps popping up as reminders. I've tried to start outlook with /cleanreminders and another parameter without luck. Is there anyway that I can delete these reminders for sure? My mail originally comes from outlook in office 97, I know use outlook 2002. The mail that I get reminders on are mails from that period. Very grateful for any help that you can give me. - Kjell Arne ...

remove markups
I've gone through everything posted here and I still have strike thru's and red text. It looks like x-mas! when I try to accept or remove changes I get a msg there is nothing to accept. Perhaps the document was marked up with something other than Word's Track Changes feature, such as DeltaView. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "ladyred1101" <ladyred1101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC400C62-7725-4361-95D3-EDCAC98A520E@microsoft.com... > I've gone t...

converting Access 2000 to Oracle/SQL Server
Could anyone give me instructions or point me to an article on how to convert Access 2000 tables to Oracle or SQL Server? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Michael. "Michael" <mdubin@hotmail.com> wrote: >Could anyone give me instructions or point me to an >article on how to convert Access 2000 tables to Oracle or >SQL Server? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Do a search at the Knowledge Base at support.microsoft.com using the keywords "upsizing" to review the various white papers on upsizing Access to SQL Server as well as to ensure you h...

Creating a word2000 document with access 2000 data
I have a database in access 2000 it is basically customer info. address and dates and timesof appointments. I need to place a button on the formpage that prints a letter using the customer details and the date & time entered in the database. Anyone have any clues as to the easiest way to do this.sort of done it using mailmerge but not what I want. Actually want a word document to pop up that the staff can just double check and press print. Any help would be appreciated even just a point in the right direction to a good source of information. to see if the following website's offer...

Windows 2008
Hi, I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to access the c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can access the folder? Thank you, "Jack Black" <gwklocker01@gmail.com> said this in news item news:60b578d9-ce73-4ab8-851b-9039ea6cfee5@n16g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to > access the > c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History > > Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can...

Using OUTPUT TO in VBA, then how to modify the XLS from Access?
I'm using the simple "OUTPUTTO" command to send a query over to Excel, however we will have many users and we would like to programmatically add the header rows, date printed, turn on the auto filter and freeze panes, all of which I can do within a Macro in Excel, but how do I call that macro to run from Access and How to run it on the file that they just created? Current Code: DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "MainRptWUser", acFormatXLS, , True "ThriftyFinanceGirl" wrote: > I'm using the simple "OUTPUTTO" command to send...

Utlitilty to remove Zombie Accounts
Hi I have upgraded my Exchange 5.5 to 2003 and have a number of Zombie accounts that are not automatically being removed. Is there a utility that can I can run to remove these accounts. Here is the key help message I found. "This error is related to the appearance of zombie users. Zombie users are users that appear in an Access Control List (ACL) but not in Active Directory. " "User Action To correct zombie users in an Exchange organization, use System Manager to access each folder specified in the message. In the folder Properties, click the Permissions tab, and...

Query based on multiple parameters
I would like to create a query where the user can input 2 or more parameters (part numbers), separated by comma and/or space and return information about that part. I already have a query that accepts one parameter. Is there a way to do this with more than one? I have read some posts that say to use a table to serve up the paraments and the user chooses one or more. However, a particular part or parts may not yet be in the table as they are new or unknown. Is there any way to do this without using an existing table but just accept input from the user on the fly? T...

Edit documents whilst attached to notes
Having attached a word document to a Note (say, connected to a scheduled meeting), I would like to be able to subsequently edit this document. It is possible to open this document in word by right-click, open in new window. But changes are not saved to the original. Having created a document for a meeting and attached it, I would love to be able to modify it "live". -- Mike Bristol, UK CRM user ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" bu...

Not Receiving Mail 03-28-10
I'm not receiving any messages, except TEST messages I send to my self. Just loaded Windows 7 (clean) a couple of weeks ago. Migrated all of my old stuff from Windows Mail (Vista). I've tried everything, including turning off email filtering. Only one email account and it is POP3. Can something be corrupted? If you receive test messages you send to yourself, then your Windows = Live=20 Mail is working normally. Who is your provider? If you go to the = provider's webmail site, do you see messages there that failed to download? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft...

Replies with attachments
When I reply to an email I cannot find the setting that allows the file to stay attached. The only success I have is to forward the email to the same person. I would like to keep files attached when I reply to something. What setting am I missing? And I ask myself why did I post this in the Excel group and not Outlook? Sorry. "jaxstraww" wrote: > When I reply to an email I cannot find the setting that allows the file to > stay attached. The only success I have is to forward the email to the same > person. I would like to keep files attached when I reply to something....

Outlook 2003 attachement not opened
Hi, I've just installed Outlook 2003 and I have this problem: a friend sent = me an e-mail containing an attached e-mail message (signed, if it = matters), and Outlook wouldn't open it saying "An error occured in the = underlying security system". How can I open that file? Note that that file has a ZIP file attached, = so this could be the problem. Thanks in advance, Radu ...

How to keep mail on the pop server when checking with Outlook
Hi Everyone, I have two machines. 1 Macintosh that I can set to leave the message on the server. 2 A PC that whenever I check mail it deletes all messages on the server. How do I set the PC to leave the messages on the server?? Jeff In your POP account properties in Outlook. Note - you're gonna have to delete the messages from the server somewhere/sometime, or your mailbox will get full & start bouncing mail. J. Moss wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I have two machines. > > 1 Macintosh that I can set to leave the message on the > server. > > 2 A PC that wh...

Adding attachments to msg-files
I have a big problem regarding editing of MSG-files. This is what I do: 1. Open a MSG-file from Windows Explorer 2. Add an attachment (i.e a Word-document) to the email. 3. Save and close the email. When I re-open the MSG-file the attachment is missing! Instead Outlook has created a copy of the email in my inbox(!), and that copy contains the attachment. This has been tested with different mail-formats (HTML, Plain Text and RTF), and with Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 with the same result. Can anyone explain this behavior? I would call this a bug in Outlook, since changes you believe you ar...

How do I synchronize external e-mail with outlook
I created the contact on the exchange server and specify the external e-mail address. I can receive the e-mails forwarded from the internal accounts. How do I synchronize e-mails on my Laptop with the ones on the desktop. If I delete e-mails while I am out of office, they must be deleted on the server. Eucliff <Eucliff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created the contact on the exchange server and specify the external > e-mail address. I can receive the e-mails forwarded from the internal > accounts. How do I synchronize e-mails on my Laptop with the ones on > the de...

error (0xc0000135) when clicking in an E-mail
I recveive error (0xc0000135) whenever I click on an object in an E-mail. I have downloaded various .net files with no improvement. Bummer. Try reading the link in my signature and post back with accurate and helpful information. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Joe E Hogel asked: | I recveive error (0xc0000135) whenever I click on an object in an | E-mail. I have downloaded various ...