OE removed access to unsafe attachments #2

How do I tell Outlook Express to consider some attachments
safe and let me open them?  Anyone know?
0
anonymous (74722)

Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> uncheck Do not allow...

Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum.
Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office
family.
Here is the link for the right forum
Good Luck!

--
Roady [MVP]
www.sparnaaij.net
"james" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I tell Outlook Express to consider some attachments
> safe and let me open them?  Anyone know?

0
Roady

Cannot export emails in OE 6
I am wiping clean my hard drive and I need to back up some emails from Outlook Express 6. There is supposed to be a folder in my C: drive that has my mail folders in it but there isn't. (C:Documents and Setting/XXXX/Local <-- does not exist). Does anyone know a way to export my messages to either a folder, where I can copy them on a disk, or copy them straight to a disk? Thanks! It's there; make sure you have set Windows to show Hidden Files. For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Intern...

Send As
I have assigned send as and the user successfully sends as the other user. however there is a tag that says Courtesy of in the emails and it should not be known to the recipient that it is being sent by anyone other than the mailbox owner. Is there a way to remove that tag? thanks, Rob On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 07:40:03 -0800, "Rob" <nospam@backatcha.com> wrote: >I have assigned send as and the user successfully sends as the other user. >however there is a tag that says Courtesy of in the emails and it should not >be known to the recipient that it is being sent by an...

Vista Access 2003 & Ole
I have a DB I've been using, updating for several years. I use a = different BMP on every record. Today I started to update it again. Last = update a few weeks ago on my XP. Today I went with 'insert object' 'create from file'. with XP I couldn't = use JPG's so I made bmp's. Today even a bmp is just an icon. How do I get the create from file to work again ? --=20 more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html ...

Remove macro is greyed out
I want to remove a sort macro that I made which is in a workbook that I made. When I go Tools|Macro|Macros I see the macro but the delete button is greyed. How can I remove the macro? Beemer Sometimes, the project is protected by the developer. But if you created the macro, then you know if you protected that project. Did you? Do you get prompted for a password when you try to access the project (inside the VBE)? Beemer wrote: > > I want to remove a sort macro that I made which is in a workbook that I > made. When I go Tools|Macro|Macros I see the macro but the delete ...

NESTED IF STATEMENTS #2
Having a little problem in an excel class, hoping someone might be able to help. I'm trying to fill in the discount column on a spreadsheet with the following info. The problem states use a nested form of the IF function to calculate 15% if Amount is greater that $300., 10% if Amount is greater than $100., and 0% if Amount is less than $100. The Amount column is cell D5. Anyone know how to write the formula and explain how to go about it? Any help would be much appreciated. Let's see. This is homework so you should come up with the answer yourself. Did you start by looking in the he...

Multiple PST Files #2

lost menu bar #2
HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet and I can't seem to find anyone to help me get it back. The menu I am missing is the one that includes - File, Edit, Insert and etc. I have tried...right clicking - customize - toolbars, but I don't seem to have the needed item. Anyone with suggestions - please reply... Thanks. Hi if you right-click on the menu bar you should see an item like 'General'. Check this item -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JoEllen OSBDC wrote: > HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet > and I can't s...

Outlook 2003 attachments.
When an email comes in with say a word attachment, i go to open the attachment the only option i get is 'save to disk' or cancel. It gives a message saying that this file might contain a virus etc. etc. This happens with all attachments. How can i change it so there is a open button also. The pc is windows 2000 sp 4 with Office 2003. Regards ...

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

Sending a workbook as a mail attachment
Hey Folks, Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather then having the reps remember to send the workbook i'd like to have it send itself automatically - say on Saturdays or Sundays. Ideas? Nel post news:1165167749.298713.321880@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com *Gord* ha scritto: > Hey Folks, > > Is there an easy way to send a workbook via email based on the date an > time? Our company uses excel for some of our reporting and rather > then having the reps remember to send the wor...

Keyboard hooking through Accessibility
I am looking for a method to hook the keyboard without running a background process. I know there are APIs for hooking (SetWindowsHookEx), but I want to avoid the overhead of running another background process for this and make the task do by windows itself. I am thinking of tweaking the Accessibility option in windows for this. Can we anyway do this by writing any script or modifying or adding registry entries for Accessibility? Or is there any Accessibility specific APIs which can re-program the Accessibility feature to do our tasks when we press a key with Accessibility feature-on. An...

Running an Excel Macro from an Access Command Button
Hi , Can anyone help me with this, I am trying to run an excel macro from an access command button. I want the macro to Bold the Headings on a excel spreadsheet. The code runs without any errors but the macro doesnt seem to work, I think I have got the line ExcelApp.ExecuteExcel4Macro "RUN(""PERSONAL.XLS!BoldHead"")" wrong The code: Private Sub cmdRunMac_Click() Dim ExcelApp As Excel.Application Dim ExcelBook As Excel.Workbook Set ExcelApp = Excel.Application ExcelApp.Visible = True Set ExcelBook = ExcelApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and Settings\...

Thread Synchronization #2
Hi, I have a shared resource, say a file which is to be accessed between multiple threads. There are say 20 Read threads and 1 Write thread. When the Write thread is writing into the file, the Read threads should be blocked, and when even 1 read thread reads, the Write thread should be blocked. The Read threads can read simultaneously, but only say 5 at a time. What kind of synchronization mechanism can I use for this? TIA, Sucharit You can create a mutex a adquire it when a read operation start, check it before start any write operation. You will need another mutex ...

using dates Part 2

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

Is there a way to convert OE 03 form templates?
I have a user that has upgraded from outlook 2003 to outlook 2007 and has a form template from 2003 that is in a FDM extension. Outlook 2007 is unable to read this form. Is there a way to convert this form, or will the user just have to create a new form with their new version of outlook? Any information appreciated. Thanks, -AllenK What happens when you try to install the form? Any error message? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...

Publisher 2000? #2
Is there a place where I can still get version 2000? I've been looking, but all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial. My computer can't run 2007. *If* if can be had, try something like eBay. (I wouldn't buy software that way but that's just my preference.) You may find you have better luck finding a leftover copy of Pub 2003 from some online retailers. (I actually prefer that over 2000.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Compare 2 different workbooks with the result in a 3rd
I have two workbooks (2005 Sales, 2004 Sales), which track daily results in half hour intervals. I want to be able to show the increase in 2005 in a 3rd workbooks. The first two workbooks are identically formatted. How can I do this? Many thanks to all in the forum who have helped in the past. If the data is in exactly the same position in the two worksheets you could copy/paste one's data to a new worksheet and then copy the second's, doing an Edit, Paste Special, Subtract on top of the first's data. This is admittedly crude but it is easy to do. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP &q...

OL2003
I have a user who is trying to migrate his .pst file from one system to another. So he sent his pst file to himself using OL2002 but when he opens his e-mail in OL2003 the file is blocked. I found a list of files that are blocked and according to the list .pst isn't one of them. Does anybody have a better list that includes .pst files. Sure would make it easier to explain to the user With the research I have done so far this appears to cleary be a client issue and not an Exchange issue. I have no problem seeing the .pst and downloading it in OL2002. The only way so far that...

Times Subtraction Whith Access
Hi I need to know how to subtract between two times variants and to get a time result (With Access). Like this: VarTime=[time1]-[time2] 10:05:40=18:05:50-08:00:10 Thanks Access really isn't intended to do things like that, but ?Format(#18:05:50# - #08:00:10#, "hh:nn:ss") 10:05:40 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <bennyzamir@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175704084.566444.282820@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I need to know how to subtract between two times variants and to get a > time res...

import from eudora #2
I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in outlook. I want to move all of my mailboxes to outlook. Eudora does not have an export function. Do I need to go through something else, such as Thunderbird. I can't use Outlook Express, because it only imports through Eudora v3.0. I have 4.3. Any thoughts on this? "Nate Rosenthal" <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote in message news:IOmdnV5bH5fEddbVnZ2dnUVZ_rbinZ2d@comcast.com... >I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in >outlook. I want to move all of my m...

DAO, Access, zero-length strings?
How can you set that you want to allow zero-length strings in a MS Access database with DAO? Also, how can you set that you want default values? Access doesn't seem to allow "DEFAULT" property... ...

How do you access custom entities with javascript?
I'm about to pull my hair out. I have no problem accessing system attributes, but the second I try to get or set a value for a custom attribute, I get an error (null or not an object). My problem is I am checking the changed input to a field, and if it fails a certain criteria, I need to reset the original value. The best way I could think to do this was to store this value in a new attribute and then restore it if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. jsankovitch@gmail.com wrote: > I'm about to pull my hair out. I have no problem accessing system > attributes, b...

removing first exchange server in org
I am ready to move the first exchange 2k3 server from my organization. I have followed the steps in article 822931 and finished them. I am just noticing that one of the public folders - entitled system configuration - is not covered in the instructions in 822931 and is set for replication between the source(server being taken out)and destination server. Should i remove the source server or does it matter. Thanks ...