OE autodelete OLD mail

How do I have Outlook Express automatically delete 90-Day
old messages from the deleted items folder?

Thanks,
Matthew
0
dikini49 (4)

This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs.
Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different
program, despite its similar name..

You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an
Outlook Express news group.

Try posting in one of these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac for OE for Macintosh

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups).

A good website for information on OE is:
http://www.tomsterdam.com/
"Matthew" <dikini49@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How do I have Outlook Express automatically delete 90-Day
> old messages from the deleted items folder?
>
> Thanks,
> Matthew

0
cj6178 (257)

Sending mail #14
I have just decided to give Outlook a try. I have set up the account and am receiving mail. However I am unable to sent mail. It just sits in the outbox and clicking on send doesn't help. I have been using OE and have imported the address book. Any suggestions would be appreciated. what errors does it report in the send/receive dialog? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.n...

What's Causing this Bounced Mail?
Exchange 2003 SP2 running on Windows 2003 R2 SP2 I got the following NDR when I sent a message to JDoe at recipientdomain.com (not the real address): The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: 'JDoe@recipientdomain.com' on 5/27/2010 5:34 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <my-exchange-internal-name.mydomainname.com #5.5.0 smtp;554 Denied (Mode: normal)> I was able to send JDoe an email a few days ago but now it bounces back to me with the a...

HTML E-mail problerms
As I recently wrote in another post, I had used Outlook Express for my e-mail for years. Earlier this year, I started to use Outlook as a PIM, and finally I tried using it for e-mail also, only using OE for newsgroup writing. Some of the e-mail features of Outlook (currently using 2002) I like far better than OE. However, in some areas, OE is a better e-mail program than Outlook, surprising since it is a free program, and Outlook is not. Since the same company makes them, I wondered why Outlook has not improved in the areas in which OE is superior. I have not yet tried Outlook 2003, and am t...

Windows Mail PoP3 with Yahoo Mail Plus account
I have tried this every way I can using the guides. I can send mail but NOT Receive my mails. Triple checked all settings. Here is the error: Account: 'Yahoo mail Plus', Server: 'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Tim wrote: > I have tried this every way I can using the guides. I can send mail > but NOT Receive my mails. Triple checked all settings. > > Here is the error: > > Account: 'Yahoo m...

Highlight keyword in mail body
I got many emails every day. Can I use VBA to search every mail in my inbox, and highlight the keywords (I have a list of keywords)? Further, if a keyword exit in a mail, flag the mail so I will be able to read these mails first? For this purpose, if you have other approaches, please advise. Thanks in advance. Hong <wisemax@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1135863187.231590.237120@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I got many emails every day. Can I use VBA to search every mail in my > inbox, and highlight the keywords (I have a list of keywords)? Further, > if a keyword ex...

Problem While importing mail to Outlook XP
Hi I have imported mail from outlook express 6 to outlook xp. But whatever mails i have imported is copied twice in outlook. Also after that the user is getting all the new mails twice. in Microsoft outlook. Outlook is configured as MAPI client to my Exchange Server. Please advise Regards Kartik ...

directing mail into different folders based on TO Address
I have two mail accounts say Bill1 and Bill2. I have created 2 folder in my inbox, Bill1 and Bill2. How do I create a rule that says that mailed addressed to Bill1 goes into Bill1 and so forth? In article <elmxb90vDHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, w_gower@hotmail.com says... |I have two mail accounts say Bill1 and Bill2. I have created 2 folder in my |inbox, Bill1 and Bill2. How do I create a rule that says that mailed |addressed to Bill1 goes into Bill1 and so forth? | | | Have you tried going through the New Rule Wizard? It's pretty straightforward and basic. ...

how to view the mail on the exchange mail server
hi, i want to know one thing how to view the mails of one particular mailbox on the server,can i read that message pls give me suggestion,how i can do this thing.os is 2003 server and exchange 2003. if some one know this thing pls give immediate response. from jitender Hi I don’t really understood your question If you have the appropriate permission you can use Outlook or OWA Regards, Shai Netanel "jitender" wrote: > hi, > i want to know one thing how to view the mails of one particular > mailbox on the server,can i read that message pls give me > suggestion,how i ...

Exchange 2003
I'm stumped and I only have 1/2 of the puzzle. Our organization is signing up to begin an epaystubs service for our employees. The company that provides this service has asked us for our exchange server IP, email address for the service account, and a username/ password for the account. I have setup a service email account for notifications with a username and password. I gave this information to the company that is providing the service. However, it will not work. They house the software on their server and use the email account and credentials that I set up for the service account ...

Getting rid of "fax" numbers when sending e-mail
I use Outlook XP for e-mail and also for contacts. I use my "Contacts" folder as my address book. Whenever I send an e-mail, Outlook always asks me to choose which address I want for the contact, and it brings up both the e-mail address and the fax number. So I have to go through an extra step almost every time of choosing which I want. Is there any way to stop it from bringing up the "Fax" number? See http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/nofax.htm Lee Daum wrote: > I use Outlook XP for e-mail and also for contacts. I use my > "Contacts" folder as my add...

CRM 3.0 crm Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router
HI all, i send the email from CRM to other people. but no have any recipient received the mail. i go event viewer check, no have any error msg found. my CRM 3.0 Server is install in computer a, Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router is on another server. what can i do to find out the what cause the email can't send. any help will be greatly apprieated. Hi, When i run Rule Deployment Wizard - and apply the rule to accounts, then i run Rule Deployment Wizard -and verify the rules. all users get the error message "The rule is apply but is not enabled" what does this mean? a...

Mail forwarding #4
We are running SBS2003 Premium, and I have setup a Distrbution Group. I have applied SP2 for Exchange. The distribtuion group works fine, but I want to include someone outside the organisation. How do I do this? Someone suggested setting up a Contact in AD, but what do I do next...?? Please help.. skc On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 01:13:02 -0700, Skc <Skc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are running SBS2003 Premium, and I have setup a Distrbution Group. I have >applied SP2 for Exchange. > >The distribtuion group works fine, but I want to include someone outside the >...

Not showing any mail address for new users..
Hi, I have a problem with a Exchange server 2003, when i make a new user in AD. The user don't get the default Reciptient policy from the Exchange Server, the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" is selected. And there is no mail box for this user in the Exchange System Manager under Servers/"server"/First Storage Group/Mailbox Store/Mailboxes. There is nothing in the event viewer, users that is already created can send and recive mail. It's only new users and Distribution Groups that don't get any mail address or mail box.....

OL2003 unable to send mail
Hi In OL2003 when I try to send email I get; 'Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: .... None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.' The pc is connected to the internet via a router. Other pcs connected to the router can send mail fine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Do you require authentication to send email? check with your provider. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23AzlAxUQFHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

Owner Details in E-Mail Template
Hi, Can you obtain the owner's firstname and lastname from an e-mail template on a case? Currently the owner's name appears as Lastname, Firstname (due to system settings) and I want it to appear as Firstname, Lastname in the template. Sharon ...

mailing list servers for Exchange 2000/2003?
Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? Try http://www.ikakura.com "Robert Gordon" <Robert_Gordon@nospam.perlegen.com> wrote in message news:#X1spgS5DHA.1368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Are there any decent majordomo/listserv servers that integrate with Windows > 2003 and Exchange 2000/2003? > > ...

Moving mail to new computer?
Hello.... I am using Outlook and am movign to a new computer. How do I move saved mail (and any saved mail in folders) to the new computer? Is there an eqsy process of moving certain files? Is there a network way? Tahnk you Copy Outlook.pst to a new location on your new computer. Rename Outlook.pst to Outlook.old at the old location on your new computer. Restart Outlook and Outlook wil ask where your Outlook.pst is. Select Outlook.pst at the new location. Done. Nees "Stan Rudnick" <stan@andrewslucia.com> schreef in bericht news:5xSyf.20351$or4.20097@newssvr12.news....

Updating mailNickname (ms-Exch-Mail-Nickname) with the contents of samAccountName (SAM-Account-Name)
I currently have an issue where a good chuck of my e-mail accounts all have Alias fields in Exchange that match the AD login account. However my counterpart administrators in another country have not followed this procedure and therefore their alias fields are many different things with no standardization. I've been asked to find a way to get all exchange accounts alias fields to match their AD login account. If anyone knows anyway (i.e. - script, tool) way to do this I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks, Mark "Stingray" <ks_stingray@hotmail.com> wrote: >I...

Internal e-mail on a LAN
We have a small, 5 workstation, LAN with a Windows 2000 server and everyone is on XP. I would like to set up e- mail for only our group of 5 that does not connect to the internet. Right now we all use AOL for external e-mail. My "old-school" boss just started using a computer a couple of years ago and doesn't understand e-mail yet. If I can get him to use an internal e-mail first, he might find it easier to transition to external e-mail. Is it possible to set up an internal e-mail system with Outlook? Do I have to set up a mail server? If so, what application is ch...

Anyway to Setup Outlook Email Account for just outgoing mail?
Hi Everyone, I was trying to figure out a way to setup an email account in outlook with only SMTP information and no POP server information. Currently when I try to do that, I cannot click on NEXT in the setup wizard window without filling out some information in the POP box. Basically what I am trying to accomplish is a SEND ONLY account in Outlook. The incoming emails are received on another machine and I don't want this computer to pick any emails or even hit the pop server for that matter. Sincerely, Mans. Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Setup-> button Send/Receive-> butto...

how to create mailing labels from excel data?
I need step by step instructions of how to create mailing labels from data in excel. I have tried using the online support directions and I can't get it to work. Thanks so much Hi Tyra my advice would be to use Word to create your mailing labels with Excel as the mail-merge data source. however, for this to work, the data is excel needs to go across columns so that one row is one piece of information for one recipient. for step by step instructions on how to perform the merge please reply with your word & excel versions. Cheers JulieD "Tyra" <Tyra@discussions.micr...

E2K3: Outgoing mail question
Hi, I am running E2K3 and using MailMarshal NetIQ for anti-spam. Currently, all incoming mail comes in through the MM servers, but all outgoing mail is still going out through exchange. I'm looking to test a text script in NetIQ that stamps confidentiality notices on outgoing mail, but I don't yet want to implement it on all outgoing domains. Wondering if that's possible. If I specify the MM server as a smarthost for the SMTP connector, it would affect *all* domains. What I would like to do is have just *one* of the least used, low traffic domains use on of the netIQ servers...

newbie: mail to FQDN of server.
Can anyone point me in the right way of allowing mail sent to the FQDN of the exchange server to be recived if the user is valid. This was as easy as adding an additional SMTP address for the user in 5.5. Exchange server = foo.bar.com Accepts mail for someone@bar.com Does not accept mail for someone@foo.bar.com (cannot relay) Any help would be great ~p to save someone from waisting time for a reply i figured it out.... smtp connecter was the ticket. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone point me in the right way of allowing mail sent >to the FQDN of the exchange server to be rec...

Where to find Product key in Windows.old folder?
I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 Pro. I did not remember to save the product key for my MS Ultimate Office 2007 I purchased from Digital River last year. I cannot get the product key from Digital River anymore. I know the key is saved somewhere in the windows.old folder, but i cannot determine where the files is located. please help. -- AZDiablo "undisclosed" wrote in message news:9792f4744e43417cc7b3bde5581351cd@nntp-gateway.com... > > I upgraded my computer to Windows 7 Pro. I did not remember to save the > product key for my MS Ultimate Offi...

Why isn't OL2007 e-mail more like Google Mail?
I had a look at a friend's Google Mail Inbox the other day, and it's really impressive. E-mails are automatically grouped by conversation. Better still, when you read one message, the others in the thread appear as popup tabs above and below it, which you can enlarge or reduce with one click. It's truly cool. (Outlook can't do this unless you create a special search folder, and then that doesn't work very well.) Then Google Mail automatically removes the rest of the thread which you don't want cluttering the window and replaces it with 'Show quoted text...