OE address book - Error in Importer DLL?

I am using Windows XP and attempting to use Outlook Express 6.  I am
trying, without much success, to import my Netscape 7.1 address book
into OE6.  I saved my Netscape address book as an LDIF file, opened OE6,
clicked on "import-other address book-LDIF" and selected my saved
Netscape address book to import.  I receive the message "application
error in importer DLL C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\wabimp.dll", and
nothing is imported.  What am I doing wrong, or do I need to reinstall
OE6?  How would I reinstall OE6 if I have to?  Thank you.  K.C.

0
gkczuba (2)

This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office
family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one
of
these newsgroups:
microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress
for OE 5.5x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
for OE 6.x
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.internet.mail.mac
for the Macintosh version of OE
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups

for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). The links under the newsgroup
references are for use with MS's web newsreader (not exactly the best way to
post but it works for some people)

Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Czuba asked:

| I am using Windows XP and attempting to use Outlook Express 6.  I am
| trying, without much success, to import my Netscape 7.1 address book
| into OE6.  I saved my Netscape address book as an LDIF file, opened
| OE6, clicked on "import-other address book-LDIF" and selected my saved
| Netscape address book to import.  I receive the message "application
| error in importer DLL C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\wabimp.dll",
| and nothing is imported.  What am I doing wrong, or do I need to
| reinstall OE6?  How would I reinstall OE6 if I have to?  Thank you.
| K.C.

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
1/26/2004 4:00:12 AM
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! KC

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote:

>This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office
>family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one
>of
>these newsgroups:
>microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x
>microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x
>http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress
>for OE 5.5x
>http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
>for OE 6.x
>http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.internet.mail.mac
>for the Macintosh version of OE
>http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroups
>
>If those groups aren't carried on the news server that's carrying this group
>try using msnews.microsoft.com (MS's public news server that's the source
>for all the microsoft.public newsgroups). The links under the newsgroup
>references are for use with MS's web newsreader (not exactly the best way to
>post but it works for some people)
>
>Also a good source of Outlook Express info can be found here:
>http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/
>

>--�
>Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
>Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  Due to
>the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
>without reading.
>
>After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Czuba asked:
>
>| I am using Windows XP and attempting to use Outlook Express 6.  I am
>| trying, without much success, to import my Netscape 7.1 address book
>| into OE6.  I saved my Netscape address book as an LDIF file, opened
>| OE6, clicked on "import-other address book-LDIF" and selected my saved
>| Netscape address book to import.  I receive the message "application
>| error in importer DLL C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\wabimp.dll",
>| and nothing is imported.  What am I doing wrong, or do I need to
>| reinstall OE6?  How would I reinstall OE6 if I have to?  Thank you.
>| K.C.

0
gkczuba (2)

How to make return address labels in Publisher?
Can you do the title above in Publisher? Sure. I've done them in different label sizes. What size labels are you interested in? -- Don Vancouver, USA "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23DBCD56-027A-406F-B9D1-3EF45B8E33C0@microsoft.com... > Can you do the title above in Publisher? Thank you. I use the 2.5" x 1" size. it is a standard Avery Label size. "Don Schmidt" wrote: > Sure. I've done them in different label sizes. What size labels are you > interested in? > > > -- > Don > Van...

Need to import EDI file
Hello. I have an EDI TS-130 file (academic transcript) that I would like to import into Access 2003. Is this possible to do for free? If so, how? ...

Money 2005 Crash and Unusable Myisam05.dll
My Money Deluxe 2005 cannot open my file, nor can it open any of the 3 backups. The crash references "Myisam05.dll." I read the KB and the one post I found here, but I do not use investment toolbox. I cannot get to MS support, because I cannot even open Money for more than a few seconds before it crashes. I did try the Money 2006 Trial and it was able to open the file without an issue. However, I cannot figure out why 2005 no longer works. One other observationis that the current files have balooned in size, whereas the old, outdated backups and new 2006 backup are simil...

error message #41
When I try to resolve items on my handheld I get an error message 80004005 that says they cannot be written to microsoft outlook due to error 80004005. It will sync but then everything stays as unresolved. When I try to save info in outlook it says it cannot be saved.So I am sure the problem is with outlook but how to find it? ...

HELP Error: Trying to populate userform fields from access databas
Hi All, I have been struggling with this since long, I would appreciate if anyone can help me with getting this done. Basically I want to pull information from access database and populate my excel userform fields. For eg: If I input a Student Id field I want to populate the Name and Phone number for that student from access database, Here is the code that I have so far, But it gives me errors.. Please guide me through this Private Sub StudentId_AfterUpdate() Dim cnt As ADODB.Connection Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "SELECT Name, Phone FROM...

Run Time error 1004
Hi, I am trying to programmatically copy the text contents of one cell (including formatting) on one worksheet to a merged range on another. I get the error in the title when I run the macro initially... then strangely it works with no error after failing to run it a couple of times. My code is as follows: Application.DisplayAlerts = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Sheets("admin").Select Range("A2").Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Submission Form").Select Range("D6:G8").Select End With Selecti...

how do i verify my e-mail address?
PLEASE HELP ME VERIFY MY E-MAIL ADDRESS? And by verify you mean? "AMANDA" <AMANDA @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DF583E7-1751-427F-B252-7C7B80F3307B@microsoft.com... > PLEASE HELP ME VERIFY MY E-MAIL ADDRESS? Send an email to yourself? If it leaves your outbox and later on arrives in your inbox, everthing should be OK? Hope that answers your question. "AMANDA" <AMANDA @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DF583E7-1751-427F-B252-7C7B80F3307B@microsoft.com... > PLEASE HELP ME VERIFY MY E-MAIL ADDRESS? Start a...

can't find how to confirm e mail address
i am new to e mail and am having trouble confirming my e mail address Outlook can't really help in that effort. What provider are you using for your email? "newcomer" <newcomer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C58BB8B-64E8-4F62-B223-54D946846A9A@microsoft.com... >i am new to e mail and am having trouble confirming my e mail address ...

FAILED TO INSTALL MSI PART OF MISCROSOFT CRM SERVER SETUP UNSPECIFIED ERROR 800
While installing Miscrosoft CRM - installation fails with a reson FAILED TO INSTALL MSI PART OF MISCROSOFT CRM SERVER SETUP UNSPECIFIED ERROR 80004005 When i checked the event log these are the errors that i found. 1) APS Service starts and stops so none of the crystal report services like cristal_eventServer can regester with it. 2) Root server reported an error initilization failure reasion unable to connect to database using provided connection string ...... CRMCRYSTAL login Failed. source = crystal_crystalAPS any idea about this error any one Install iis before installin...

Activity Error
While using the outlook client (1.2) under outlook 2000, while off-line, when a new phone or letter activity is created and then saved, we receive an error dialog box stating "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" with try again or go back buttons. When I click try again, the same dialog reappears. When I click the go back, it takes us back to the activity screen and does not save the activity. Neither save or save and close work. We have not tried every activity, but the appointment does work properly. I have this problem on both of my ...

Adding Multiple Users Error
Good Morning, I have setup CRM 4.0 using a Windows 2003 R2 Server 32 Bit, with SQL 2005. I created the CRM OU as instructed and it seems to be working fine except for the fact that when I use the Add Multiple Users I get the following results: Users added successfully:0 Users Not Added 3, See the following erros and warnings. Error: The following user was not added: John Smith Error: The following user was not added: Tom Cashman Error: The following user was not added: Nick Jones The thing is even if I try to add one user using the Add Multiple Users Tool I get the same behavior as ...

Error When Creating E-mail Message
I posted this earlier and never got an answer.. I updated the windows updates for Office and ever since have been getting an error message when I attempt to create a new email message. A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook, Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for x minute (in box) -------------------------------------------------------- I have done the following: 1. Checked for a virus. I don't have any. 2. I have re-installed office over top of itself. That ...

How to change decimal separators when importing text (csv) files?
I have a problem importing text files into Excel 2007. I'm currently working on a German version of Excel 2007 running on a German version of Windows XP Pro. Whenever I try to import data from a text file (csv), every number with a decimal separator is recognized as text. This clearly is because of the decimal separators. The csv files use points to separate decimals, whereas this German Windows is used to separate decimals using commas. Although the text import wizard allows me to select what type of decimal and thousands separators are to be used, the separators are always reset to th...

Windows update error message (with a question and a fix)
I have a client which is having a problem running Windows Update on a Windows SBS 2003 everytime I click on Windows Update after 10secs it comes back with a message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" tried google to find a fix but everything I've tried does not seem to work. So today I decided to ghost the sever drive on to a old 80GB to have a backup just incase something happens it took 30mins to ghost then I tried booting from the new drive to see if it would boot and was all good. The funny thing is that when it booted I tried Windows Update and it w...

A macro code to print multiple sheets in different w.books
Hi, i know i am not supposed to post the question twice, but could not get e reply on that forum. Sorry in advance. below is my question: Hi there, can anyone help me with the codes to get a macro to print local wbook sheets along with the several sheets in other workbooks? I was able to record a macro to print worksheets in the local workbook, but how do i make the same macro to print the worksheets in three more different workbooks with multiple worksheets in them? Thanks in advance? Have you tried recording a macro where you open the other books and print the appropriate sh...

Error message when starting Outlook 2003
New office, new desk, newer computer that is supposed to be better... but every time I start Outlook I get the following error message: The add-in "C:\WINDOWS\System32\PWEXCHEXT32.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. Detect and repair doesn't resolve the problem. Really. We tried twice. There's no information that I can find on this in the MS Knowledge Base. Our "Nick Burns Your Company's Computer Guy's" solution for the problem is to ignore it. But the problem is jus...

autocomplete email addresses #3
OL 2002 SP3, Win XP HE Hi, I would like to delete the file used by OL to "autocomplete" with email addresses the "To:" field in email massages--(only that field/function) as I would like to start a new one fresh. Can anyone tell me where to find it--I forget its name and location. Tx. S find the .NK2 file under C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Rename the old file (just to have a backup), or you can delete all together. Next time Outlook restarts it will build a new .NK2 file. Hope this helps -MJM find the .NK2 file under C:\Documents a...

Address format
Is it possible to save email addresses in the format? "Firstname Surname" securemail@domain.com This is required for a gateway certificate server. Microsoft <peter@4dt.co.za> wrote: > Is it possible to save email addresses in the format? > > "Firstname Surname" securemail@domain.com > > This is required for a gateway certificate server. Save them where? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

multiple email addresses 11-07-07
CRM has a few email addresses that can be defined for a contact right out of the box. How do we tell the system to use an address other then 'email' for the delivery of a message? My question pertains to manual emails in the crm web app, automated workflows and templates from the contact list. ...

Error when starting GP
I just installed GP10 on a new workstation. Everyhting installed fine. Now when I start GP I get a bar on the taskbar saying error. It won't open or give more info and the GP logo is displayed on the screen like it is trying to load. If I close the error window about 6 times then GP will start normally. Any suggestions? Once GP starts it doesn't give any further errors. Robert Fann ------=_NextPart_0001_0B1CE602 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. To help determine what might be causing this, can you please try l...

Function "Workingdays" query error date
I am trying to calculate the number of days, excluding weekends, between two dates. I am using the "workingdays" VBA code. I have pasted the code in a module, naming it "mdlWorkingdays". The code is listed below along with a sample of the data. "mdlWorkingdays" Option Compare Database '*********** Code Start ************** Public Function Workingdays(Start_Date As Date, End_Date As Date) As Integer '.................................................................... ' Name: WorkingDays ' Inputs: StartDate As Date ' EndDate As Da...

DLL, Debug vs. Release
Hi, I have writed a DLL with MFC Appwizard (dll). I have defined the function to export with __declspec (dllexport), added the lib file to the "client" project and defined the imported function with __declspec (dllimport). Everything seems to work fine in the release version (I can access to exported function etc). When I compile it in the debug version I got an assert on dgbhelp.c Line 1044 The line is _ASSERTE(_CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)); (when I call the first exposed function of the dll) Why does it work fine in release and not in debug ? Stefano Malavasi _____...

MSDE Error : "fatal error during installation error"
Previously I have installed Desktop Version on my Laptop and was running fine. However, I did not manage to remove the program from the control panel; I removed the software manually by deleting CRM folder and its MSDE database and Now I hit an serious error while trying to install MSCRM 3.0 Laptop client for Outlook setup on my laptop. While the program trys to intall the missing MSDE, it hits the "fatal error during installation error". I could not do any further installation unless I got this error fixed up. Anyone can offer his help. Much appreciation. Here's what ...

Run-time error 3061; Too few parameters. Expected 2
Private Sub Sect_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) Dim db As dao.Database Dim rst As dao.Recordset Set rst = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Select * From qryData Where [sect] = '" & Me.Sect _ & "' And [TimeIn] >= #" & [Forms]![MainMenu].[From] & _ "# And [TimeOut] <= #" & [Forms]![MainMenu].[To] + 1 & "#") If rst.EOF Then MsgBox Me.Sect & " is not valid section #, or" & vbCrLf _ & "no student signed in " & Me.Sect & " during the per...

Error- Outlook 2007 on Laptop client
Hi, I want to install CRM laptop client on my laptop having Windows XP with SP2. But while installing, it gives me error as "Unrecognized version of Outlook" Otlook 2007 is not supported by CRM laptop client? Thanks in advance, -Imran Hi Imran, You need the V3C image (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=740e1b3b-11c3-4aef-b2e3-8309e0cf1bb0&displaylang=en). Maybe you're using the setup of the original cd, which in fact only targets Outlook 2003. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stu...