OE 6.0 and XP home SP2

Daughter's OE is not working and instructions say re-install.
Unable to delete the failed OE because it does not show up in add/remove
program.
Can I download OE without removing the remnants of the failed OE?
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson

0
sligo (2)

Seamus J. Wilson wrote:
> Daughter's OE is not working and instructions say re-install.
> Unable to delete the failed OE because it does not show up in
> add/remove program.
> Can I download OE without removing the remnants of the failed OE?

Outlook Express is actually discussed in
microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general.  You'll find the experts there.
Sorry.

--
f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)
4/18/2007 7:26:43 PM
Thank you for the advice.
Seamus J.
"F.H. Muffman" <f.h.muffman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Seamus J. Wilson wrote:
>> Daughter's OE is not working and instructions say re-install.
>> Unable to delete the failed OE because it does not show up in
>> add/remove program.
>> Can I download OE without removing the remnants of the failed OE?
>
> Outlook Express is actually discussed in
> microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general.  You'll find the experts there.
> Sorry.
>
> --
> f.h.

0
sligo (2)

CRM 3.0 DB is too large
Hi all, We use CRM3.0 customer service for our helpdesk application with 4Gb RAM and Dual Intel Xeon Processor 3.6 Ghz (DB Server). For 8 months, the application run well but now we can't use the application because there is no space in server MSSQL folder. And I see that the db is too large (182 Gb for mdb file and 80 Gb for log file). FYI, We've already created MSSQL Maintenance for backup the db and log. In the maintenance schedule, we do the full backup db every Sunday and the log every day. And we also do the shrink for the CRM db. Please help me to give the solution for our...

Reinstalling XP 01-10-10
How do I wipe the hard drive clean and restore the system (Windows XP) to its bought-condition? Thank you for your help. "Erik" <reply-to-group@email.net> said this in news item news:uWtNBwckKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How do I wipe the hard drive clean and restore the system (Windows XP) to > its bought-condition? > > Thank you for your help. > Here is what you do: 1. Reboot the machine and press the appropriate key to get into the BIOS setup. 2. Make your CD drive the primary boot device. 3. Boot the machine from your WinXP C...

How to use mfc7.0 lib and dll in visual studio.net 2003?
i program active'x application in cad,it's only support mfc7.0 dll .i found mfc7.0 dll in my computer,but it required mfc7.0 lib when i compile code i think the import libraray for mfc7.dll is in ; "Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\atlmfc\lib" directory, try put this into include path of your project. ...

Strange Report display problem - XP and Vista
Hi, I have a strange problem in displaying of reports on Windows XP and Vista. My crosstab query display mission records for a particular month, for employees of my organisation. For example if I search by month of "April", the crosstab query will display all staff ( of different departments) who were on mission in April. On Windows Vista the report displays fine, that is the query only fetches records for APRIL. However on an XP system, apart from APRIL records, the report is repeating staff member names along with dates of arrival and exit of previous months. I hav...

winmail.dat #6
Hi I am using microsoft outlook as my mail client.whenever i am attaching any file ,the attached document is converting as winmail.dat and my receiver is unable to open my attachment.But if i send through outlook express there's no problem Chris Hi Chris, look at this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;241538 -- Gestern lief noch alles, ich habe nichts gemacht! Bitte in der Newsgroup antworten, damit jeder davon was hat "chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eee601c43d7a$ebb18280$a401280a@phx.gbl... > H...

Spell check in V3.0
OK, why is this not a given for all MS products? How can they get us hooked on spell check in word, outlook and everything else and then not include any form of a spell check anywhere in CRM?? Please tell me this will be a upcoming patch/service patch. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

Deleting "overdue" recurring bills on "my money" home page
Hopefully somebody can help me with this problem. I use Microsoft Money 2006 - Esential Bills. The problem is that I keep getting reminders on my money home page indicating that I still have some overdue bills dating back to 2006! These bills have already been paid I am unable to delete these reminders. I have gone to the "bill calendar" to skip or edit the transaction but I get a message saying "you have selected a transaction with an earlier payment date - select only the earliest occurrence and they you can record or skip the transaction." I have followed t...

Exch2003 SP2 install can't stop smtp service
I have a Win2003 SP1 server running Exch2003 SP1, when I try to install Exch2003 SP2, it is unable to stop the SMTP service and never finishes. I tried to stop all Exchange services and run the service pack again, but I can't get the SMTP service to stop. I get a 1053 error the the service did not respond to the stop request. I tried stopping the SMTP service via the services gui interface and I also tried it via command line. Any thoughts? -- Thanks for your help. On Wed, 25 Jan 2006 14:18:01 -0800, Landon <ljbideaux@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have a Win2003 SP1 server ru...

Outlook XP 2003 starts ok but intermittent hangs on message view/preview for 20s
Win2k / SP2 Outlook 2003 Messenger integration disabled. PST file: About 150MB After upgrading from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003 it intermittently stops responding. It doesn't seem that it is during message send/receive that this happens. Typically I start up Outlook and everything seems fine, it start as quickly as it always did. Then my inbox messages and spam arrive. If I click on a message it may show in the preview pane straight away but very often it is as if Outlook hangs for 20s - 2 mins and the message neither is selected or displayed. I can't move the Outlook window - it'...

Printer and XP
Up until today my printer was fine. I don't use it that often but when I went to print today this is the message I received, "The Print Spooler Service Is Not Running" Does anyone know what that means? I have to print my taxes. Thanks. -- Karen Possibly if you have third party software installed for your particlar printer, when was the last time you updated the drivers? Just a thought! >WT< "Karen F" <fetter@frontiernet.net> wrote in message news:er2WG3iwKHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Up until today my printer...

How do you Install the Exchange Snapins on XP
I have tried selecting just the administraition tools from the installer but it requires a whole host of items to be installed? At the moment when we manage exchange accouts we rdp to the exch svr Assuming you are running E2K3, run the adminpak from a server in windows\system32, and then run the Exchange setup, do a custom install and only select the system management component. -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "austen.lowe" &...

Resetting Outlook 2002 Autocompletion in XP
Does anyone know how to reset the nickname and automatic completion cache in Windows XP? I've found two Knowledge base articles (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=kb;EN-US;287623 and a related article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;287854), but they only apply to 9x, Me, NT4.0 and 2000. Any help would be appreciated. Matt The cache file has an .NK2 extension. You'll need to search in hidden and system folders to find it. Once you find it, you can rename it to ..OLD or delete it altogether, as you see fit, and Outlook will recreate it n...

Downloading SP4a for GP 8.0
Is anyone else having trouble downloading SP4a for GP 8.0? I've tried a few times and the download never starts. Never had any problems before downloading service packs. -- Jim@TurboChef ------=_NextPart_0001_0AA5C3E6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello and thank you for using Newsgroups! Are you still having this issue? Do you get any error messages? Are you able to download other service packs as a test? Thank you, Melissa Amundson Microsoft Online Partner Support When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so ...

Excel 97 to Excel XP upgrade issue
I'm about to upgrade a group of three users to Windows XP, Office XP. One user is on Windows 98, Office 97. The other two are on WinXP, Office 2000. They use Excel heavily with Bloomberg for trading purposes. The users are opposed to this upgrade due to issues between them and the old I.T. department. They claim there were "all kinds of problems" the last time they attempted upgrades. Before continuing with the upgrade again, I've been asked to get a statement from Microsoft saying what, if any issues there are with the following: 1. Pivot table issues between Ex...

CRM 1.2 to 3.0 Disaster Recovery
Hi guys, I need some urgent help. I have CRM 1.2 database backup from which I need to recover records such as Contacts, Accounts and E-mails to CRM 3.0. I know there are ways of upgrading existing CRM 1.2 to 3.0, but unfortunatley the entire network is no longer working. I 've therefore installaed a new domain with CRM 3.0 which is working fine. I now need to import data which is in the CRM 1.2 backup from SQL server. I am really desperate for any help. All I need is importing data from 1.2 to 3.0. I'ld appreciate if anyone could even recommend a third party application which...

GP 10.0 Reconcile to GL
Hello: Will the new Reconcile to GL feature in GP 10.0 "bomb out" in the export to Excel if the number of records is over 66,000? Also, has anyone ever gotten one of those "violation of primary key...cannot insert duplicate object..." upon using this? Any ideas on how to combat it? The spreadsheet does come about but not before getting this ugly error message. (End user has Office 2003.) Thanks! childofthe1980s Since Excel 2003 can only support 65,xxx rows, you'll always get an error. If you have that large of a spreadsheet, you'll have to update to Off...

Any planned improvements for Word HTML rendering engine in Office 2007 SP2? ...for Outlook 2007
Anyone know if they plan to add better HTML/CSS support in Office 2007 SP2? SP1 did nothing to improve the HTML rendering engine. Not including support for things like CSS background images is silly, as it has little to do with any critical security ramifications. See: http://www.email-standards.org/ It's crazy as I still receive newsletters from _Microsoft_ which display horribly in Outlook 2007 (a year after OL2007's release). It seems they're totally clueless of how awful the HTML layout is in OL2007. anthony AFAIK, no, HTML rendering changes are not a priority in ...

SBS 2008 and XP
Hello All, Has anyone successfully being able to setup and manage SBS 2008 Premium and Win XP Pro? What problems did you encounter? Will you say they successfully play well together? What caveats are there? Anything else to watch out for? Thank you. Hi: No reason to expect that SBS 2008 and XP Pro will not play nice. Premium has nothing to do with it, as the Premium SKU allows for, and furnishes, a separate copy of Server 2008 and SQL. The SBS box is identical in either case. There are additional benefits to the stations being Vista or Win7, but you should expect ...

Installing XP Pro SP3
Last night I installed IE8 (no problems) while I was running XP SP2. I then discovered that SP2 support is done next month so I decided to install SP3. No matter what I do I cannot get it to install. I keep getting the error "Access Denied." I've tried literally every suggestion Microsoft offers on http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377. Now I'm wondering if IE8 is the issue. In other words, can you even install SP3 after you install IE8? Any suggestions would be most welcome as I'm at a loss of what to do. Thanks. Brian You can install SP3 after ...

Change Cascade Behavior for Assign/Share in CRM2.0
I have read through postings in the newsgroup and also talked in person with a few partners on problems with current product behavior with Assign, Share or Set Parent operations. The new user gets access to all related records that is not what is desired in many situations (closed orders, opportunities, quotes, appointments shouldn't change owners for example). We are in the midst of considering a design change for this behavior. I would like to solicit your feedback to help us resdesign the behavior to meet majority of customer needs. Do customers want to change cascade behavior a...

Data flow diagrams for GP 9.0 (SQL Tables)
I know there are Data flow diagrams (SQL Tables) for GP 9.0 but I can’t found it. I need specifically for Payables Management. Any help with it will appreciate. Regards, Valentin Look in the SDK on Disk 2. Mark (dynamicaccounting.net) On Mar 22, 9:35 am, Valentin PR <Valenti...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I know there are Data flow diagrams (SQL Tables) for GP 9.0 but I can't found > it. > I need specifically for Payables Management. > Any help with it will appreciate. > Regards, > Valentin Thanks for the response Mark Regards and respect, Valentin ...

XP style aware Menu?
Hi, I managed to get my toolbar xp style aware, but I can't get the menu to look like Windows Explorer's Menus. Any ideas? Thank you, -- -Gernot int main(int argc, char** argv) {printf ("%silto%c%cf%cgl%ssic%ccom%c", "ma", 58, 'g', 64, "ba", 46, 10);} You need to create a manifest. http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/xpstylemfc.asp Tom "Gernot Frisch" <Me@Privacy.net> wrote in message news:3ug1jjF118dk8U1@individual.net... > Hi, > > I managed to get my toolbar xp style aware, but I can't get the menu to > ...

how can i save Bitmap file in JPEG or PNG format using VC++ 6.0 ?
hi all, could you please tell me how can i save Bitmap file in JPEG or PNG format using VC++ 6.0 regards shoeb "shoeb ali" <shoebali@abosoftware.com> wrote in message news:OmJo28OcGHA.3632@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > could you please tell me how can i save Bitmap file in JPEG or PNG format > using VC++ 6.0 > You can use GDI+ or the CxImage class here: http://www.codeproject.com/bitmap/cximage.asp -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

MSN Money Plus dumbing down on 6/28/2006
Cal's MSN Money network status link revealed another tidbit: --- Change of service - discontinuing MSN Money Plus An important change is coming to the MSN Money service. MSN Money Plus will be replaced by the MSN Money service, starting early in July. After the transition, much of the account information you currently have stored by MSN Money Plus will be available through the MSN Money service. Why is MSN making this change? A large majority of MSN Money Plus subscribers do not use the features that are exclusive to MSN Money Plus. Most of the features and functionality of MSN Money Plus...

How to import BOM into GP8.0/SQL using Excel
Greetings, I am in a bind and hoping someone feeling sympathetic can lend advice. I have to build *tons* of BOMs and the one by one method is killing me. When we transitioned to GP8.0 I was able to build all of my BOMs in two spreadsheets; one of master part numbers/item descriptions, one of the contents/qtys of the BOMs. Somehow they were automagically imported by someone I no longer have as a resource. I have read I can use Integration Manager to do this but that the tables have to be exact to avoid jackkniving the database full of junk. Can someone spell out the steps of how to exp...