OAB: Grayed out show this folder as an e-mail Address Book

Client: Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5606)
Server: Exchange Server from MS Small Business Server 2003 Premium

What can I do to enable my contact folders in the Outlook Address Book?
(They worked until this morning!)

I've followed the instructions to install the Outlook Address book service
and tried to mark 2 of my contact folders (1 in my mailbox and 1 in a
contacts folder under an Exchange Public Folder), but the check box under the
Outlook Address Book tab is disabled.

Any ideas?

New to the game wrote:
> Client: Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5606)
> Server: Exchange Server from MS Small Business Server 2003 Premium
>
> What can I do to enable my contact folders in the Outlook Address
> Book? (They worked until this morning!)
>
> I've followed the instructions to install the Outlook Address book
> service and tried to mark 2 of my contact folders (1 in my mailbox
> and 1 in a contacts folder under an Exchange Public Folder), but the
> check box under the Outlook Address Book tab is disabled.
>
> Any ideas?

Tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books/directories....add the
Outlook Address Book service to your profile. Then close this window, right
click on whatever contact folders you want, and tick the outlook address
book box.

0
lanwench (7567)
10/15/2004 11:47:59 PM
Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change existing directories or
address book. Is the Outlook Address Book present? If it isn't listed, add
it and close and restart Outlook.  If it is listed, then remove it and close
then restart Outlook and repeat these steps to add it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"New to the game" <Newtothegame@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Client: Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5606)
> Server: Exchange Server from MS Small Business Server 2003 Premium
>
> What can I do to enable my contact folders in the Outlook Address Book?
> (They worked until this morning!)
>
> I've followed the instructions to install the Outlook Address book service
> and tried to mark 2 of my contact folders (1 in my mailbox and 1 in a
> contacts folder under an Exchange Public Folder), but the check box under
> the
> Outlook Address Book tab is disabled.
>
> Any ideas?

0
dianenws (1904)
10/16/2004 4:21:35 AM
Thanks...I tried the method you suggested, but still am getting only the
grayed-out check box for 'Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book'.  What
other cause might be lurking underneath this malady?

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change existing directories or
> address book. Is the Outlook Address Book present? If it isn't listed, add
> it and close and restart Outlook.  If it is listed, then remove it and close
> then restart Outlook and repeat these steps to add it.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "New to the game" <Newtothegame@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Client: Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5606)
> > Server: Exchange Server from MS Small Business Server 2003 Premium
> >
> > What can I do to enable my contact folders in the Outlook Address Book?
> > (They worked until this morning!)
> >
> > I've followed the instructions to install the Outlook Address book service
> > and tried to mark 2 of my contact folders (1 in my mailbox and 1 in a
> > contacts folder under an Exchange Public Folder), but the check box under
> > the
> > Outlook Address Book tab is disabled.
> >
> > Any ideas?

Window Mail losing saved message content
In some folders whatever message I click on the same message opens regardless. If I try to move a message back to the Inbox then all messages in the folder show as "cannot find content" I have not deleted these messages but saved them in folders. Where did they go? How do I get them back? This has happened since my last backup so I cannot get them from the external backup file. Plus, this sho7uld not happen. I checked another folder, first it worked, then later it went bad as well. How do I get my emails restored, and how do I prevent this crap from happening ag...

Attaching an e-mail into an e-mail
Our boss likes for us to draft her e-mails to be sent out. We type and attach the e-mail she wants, send it to her and all she has to do is open it up, make her changes and hit send. This used to work w/ 2000 but w/ 2003 it does not. Any suggestions? can you be a bit more specific, what is it that isnt working now ?? Regards Davidt "Hope" wrote: > Our boss likes for us to draft her e-mails to be sent out. We type and > attach the e-mail she wants, send it to her and all she has to do is open it > up, make her changes and hit send. This used to work w/ 2000 b...

Internet Mail Service Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C49F0B.EE172F50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Team, For quite sometime my Internet Mail Service for Exchange 5.5 get stopped = of its own. My present environment setup is:-=20 1. I have 5 Exchange administrative console located at 3 three = different building.=20 2. My OS is Windows 2000 Server with SP4 3. Exchange 5.5 with SP4=20 4.Running NAV for Exchange built 2.18=20 After going through application logs, I found following E...

Public Folders have disappeared
Unfortunately I have created a problem for myself. I was modifying the permissions for the public folders as follows: 1. Navigated to Administrative Groups > First Administrative Group > Folders; 2. Right-clicked on the Public Folder Tree and selected Properties; 3. Selected the Security tab; 4. Removed all groups from the security listing (excluding administrator), thinking this would stop users seeing the folders in Outlook; 5. Restarted the server; 6. Encountered the following problem: I now find that the public folders have disappeared from the Exchange system manager. However, ...

show header
this is such an obvious one but I can't find it -- how do you get the headers to show while you're viewing the page on the screen? Print preview works fine, but I need to have the headers show up when looking at it as a spreadsheet. Looked for "Print View" equivalent, but can't find it. You can't display the header or footer unless you use print preview. Excel doesn't have a Print View mode like Word does. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "jchoy" <anonymous@discussions.micro...

Mail Queues
Hello In Mail Queues I found some strange mail witch no content Message ID, Sender Subject, and Recipients its all blank! How to delete mail in Queues wich no Message ID, Sender Subject, and Recipients, satus its olways retry. When I right click on mail its show only properties. How to delete it??? Thanks Armarn O.R. Hi Armarn, If you right click on the queue itself in the left hand pane and choose to delete all mail(no ndr). Hope this helps, -- Patrick Genova Pgenova@online.microsoft.com Please do not send mail directly to this alias. This alias is for Newsgroup purposes only. Th...

outlook mail merge from category
How do I separate out a particular category from my contacts to do a mail merge? Doesn't the "By Category" View of the Contacts Folder work for you? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "vedaggett" <vedaggett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CAD3829-DB46-4F94-9A79-9716640842DF@microsoft.com... > How do I separate out a particular category from my contacts to do a mail > merge? ...

my case it online , it Show offline
When I open Messenger and put my case it online , it Show offline to my friends .. not online .. What to do! -- free9 http://webim.live.my/ What I did was sign in on that website as well as the regular windows live (if you have the newest windows live you can sign on in two places). So everyone could see me as online again, and I could use windows live as I normally do with the web messenger running in the background. I hope we get a solution soon. free9 wrote: my case it online , it Show offline 22-Mar-10 When I open Messenger and put my case it online , i...

hide Admin from address list
Hi Exchange server 2003 (SBS2003) how do I hide / remove the administrators mail box address from all lists to stop people sending emails to it when they select all domain users? thanks Adrian wrote: > Hi > Exchange server 2003 (SBS2003) how do I hide / remove the > administrators mail box address from all lists to stop people sending > emails to it when they select all domain users? > > thanks Well, you can control who can send email to that mailbox in the delivery restrictions section (ADUC properties of the admin acct, exchange general tab). Would that not suffice?...

Internal Mail Problem
Hi all, I want to restrict some users to send & receive mail from internal user only, so I try to remove their smtp address and leave the x.400 address in the properties. This works well in Exchange 5.5 environment. But, how can I do this in Exchange 2003 environment, I cannot removed the smtp address in Exchange 2003, Please help, thanks. On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 00:46:12 +0800, <a> wrote: >Hi all, I want to restrict some users to send & receive mail from internal >user only, so I try to remove their smtp address and leave the x.400 address >in the properties. ...

Can't receive e-mails on windows mail
I have been trying to access e-mails and getting this message.? Any Help would be great. Thanks. I have re-done all the settings as per their website severall times but with no luck. Running Vista. Account: 'pop3.virginmedia.com', Server: 'pop3.virginmedia.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR not supported 3pf7420781ewy.51', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Follow the instructions in "How to use POP in Virgin Media Mail" at: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?...

problems with windows live mail
when windows live mail starts to download from my gmail pop account I always a box pop up saying "Internet Security Warning" dialog box "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. "The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value." "Do you want to continue using this server?" I click yes and it works, connects and downloads messages. Until the email client is close and restarted that is. Then once again on the first access the security certificate message is displayed. How do I get this to w...

Storage Folder 04-05-10
How do I unhide / create the storage folders? I have this folder on another computer that imported everything from Outlook Express it apparently was created automatically. I thought by using alt v that I could unhide the "storage folders" but could not find it. Thanks ...

Installed Exch2007 into existing 2003 site, cant send mail
I installed an Exchange 2007 server into our domain. This server is meant to be a test server. It created a different routing group for itself. It seemed to propogate all the correct settings for the connectors and our DMZ smart hosts, yet, on the test account I created, I cannot send email to either internal users on Exchange 2003 or to the Internet. -- "Technology also allows us to get very angry and abusive with people who can't punch us in the nose at that very minute." Scott Adams ...

How to recursively clear all the filters applied to a folder
Hello, In Outlook 2002 I would like to recursively clear all applied filters. I remember applying a filter to a folder but it seems Outlook applied the filters to all folders. Now the only solution I found to clear all filters is to clear them one by one by selecting View > Current View > Customize... > Filter... > Clear All. Isn't there a clear all feature for all views ? JM. You could reset all views to their defaults and delete all custom views = by starting Outlook with the /cleanviews switch. But there's no magic = method for keeping all view settings except the f...

Obtaining Path of the file/folder ?
Hi I have an mfc dialog based demo application. I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Explorer's context menu, which i m able to successfully by making some additions to the registry. Now whenever the user right clicks on some folder/file,the context menu displays my application's entry which gets executed when the user clicks on it. How can i obtain the path of the file/folder on which the user right clicked ? Waiting for suggestions Regards >I have an mfc dialog based demo application. >I wanted to add my application's entry in the Windows Expl...

Grayed out Close button on Title bar
Help, The Close button is unavailable. Is there a fix for this problem or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall. Repairing Excel did not fix this problem. TIA, Elena Do you use Groupwise? "Elena" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13fe01c48c38$31b26a90$a601280a@phx.gbl... : Help, : The Close button is unavailable. Is there a fix for this : problem or do I need to uninstall and then reinstall. : Repairing Excel did not fix this problem. : : TIA, : Elena just to add to lady layla's response: xl: close button is dimmed after groupwise ...

Help; how do i change the waiting circle (in IE tab) to anything e
I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side pages to do their work. The waiting circle icon gives me a headache so I would like to change that to something else please. I remember IE6 had a great Microsoft Flag logo that would wave while a page would load. Could I get IE8 to use this logo? Sorry Trozza, you can't. "Trozza Mited" <Trozza Mited@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C401644-2391-4317-92BD-D7F3DFD2B06C@microsoft.com... > I am making a website and i have a lot of wait time for my server-side > p...

Outlook contacts and address book
I can export or transfer addresses from my contacts list but not from my contacts to my address book. Hence I cannot use the contacts in Word for envelops or mailings. How do I correct this? Molly ...

Folder Context menu in Outlook
Hello, I have develop an Outlook COM Add-in with C#. This add-in use the Outlook Object Model and add a new menu in the Folder Context Menu command bar. The problem is when the current folder is for example "Inbox", and I click right on another folder, for example "MyFolder", I'm not able to retrieve the MAPIFolder of "MyFolder". Anybody have an idea? Thank you NotAMail ...

Unread search folder unavailable
Good Aftenoon, Could anybody help tell me why in Outlook 2007 on a Windows 7 machine I get the following error "The Operation Failed. An object could not be found." when clicking on the Unread Mail search folder and also why it is greyed out? This also happens for the Large Mail folder, but NOT the Categorized mail and For Follow-up Folders. Tom Can you create a new search folder with the same functions? See if this helps: http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/sf.html -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://...

Global Address List #16
This is a brand new Windows 2003 SBS Exchange 2003 install. I have created a separate OU and added a few users to that OU. From Outlook 2003, the GAL only shows the administrator and 1 of the default SBS groups. However, when 'All Users' is selected from the drop-down menu, the other users appear. I have checked the preview for both the GAL and All Address lists filter in System Manager and all of the appropriate users appear. Shouldn't they all appear on the GAL by default? "Jorge Azcuy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >This is a brand ne...

How do I monitor e-mails
Windows NT 4 running Exchange 5.5 My boss asked me if there is some way we can monitor employee e-mails. Any help is appreciated. you want to look into "journaling"... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261173 "Peter McCaul" <compcoff@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ez7BAFm1EHA.304@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Windows NT 4 running Exchange 5.5 > > My boss asked me if there is some way we can monitor employee e-mails. Any > help is appreciated. > > ...

Discussion folders view
I can access an outlook folder at another school which has a "discussion" format. The current view for that folder is "TF Messages by Conversation"; several other TF Message views are also available for that folder. These views are not available for folders that I set up for my school. How do I make them available, or select them for my folders? Any help appreciated. E.V. ...