Numbering Recurring Items #2

Hey all,

Is it possible to number recurring items such as tasks and appointments? I
have several recurring appointments for lectures, and would like to show
them as "Lecture 1" in week/occurence 01, "Lecture 2" in week/occurance 2,
etc.

Thanks,
Murdoc

--
Murdoc
## ------------------------

0
murdoc_0 (12)

IF FORMULAS #2
Looking for help...... In column A1:A16, I have names. In B1:B16 I will assign random numbers to those names from 1-16. In another part of the sheet I have 16 columns lets say D:S, (D) being column 1 and (S) being column 16. when I assign a number in column B, I want the name to the left to appear above the appropiate column. EX, If B1 is 16 then the name in A1 will appear above column S. I am using Excel 2007 Windows Vista. I find this site to be the place for answers,everyone is great. Thanks in advance. D1: =INDEX($A$1:$A$16,MATCH(COLUMN()-3,$B$1:$B$16,0)) Fill to S1. "JOHN...

Shared Workbooks #2
I have 1 book being shared by 2 users. The book has approx 30 worksheets. The sheets have a min of 10 rows to a max of 11,000 rows and 26 columns of data. User 1 and user 2 open the workbook and work on different sheets of the book at the same time. User 1 changes the format of cells, saves the changes and exits Excel. User 2 has the file open, continues to work on the worksheet, user 1 reopens the book, makes changes, saves, and exits. When user 2 saves and exits the book and user 1 reopens the book, the formatting is lost. The file is also 24+mb, does this have a factor...

Missing row #2
A user has deleted a row that had an amount in it. Her rows are now number, 23, 24, 25, 27 (so row 26 is missing). Whenever she tries to total columns or rows, the number that is in that missing row is calculated in. How do I retrieve that row, or clear out the number? TIA. Kim Select rows 24 and 26, the whole rows and goto Format>Row>Unhide. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37603B87-33DA-4EB0-AC54-68F919F4A8B8@microsoft.com... > A user has deleted a row that ha...

This Item is a copy of ...
Folks, Saw something completely new to me today. Working with a client and on their SharePoint site there is a document that has a notice highlighted in yellow: ! This item is a copy of http://www.mysharepointsite/clients/abc/example.doc Then there is a link back to source. It points to completely differnt SharePoint server which they access via the internet. How did this get there? They have no recollection. How does SharePoint remember this a link back to a source? Is this a "Send to, Other Location? -- --rms www.rmschneider.com Answering my...

CRM1.2 and Contract Template
Is there any way to customize the "Contract Template" screen from the "home","settings","template manager","Contract Templates","New Contract Template".. Can I customize this form ? I need to enter "Reponce Levels" in the dropdown list... Is this possible and if so how....? Hi Ulrich, Contract Template itself is not customizable. However, if you want the "Response Levels" picklist to show up on each contract that gets created, you could customize the Contracts Form itself and add the picklist. This field...

how do i see the numbers of pages at the bottom of my work sheet?
i used to see the page numbers at the bottom of the screen when i worked on a multi-page document, so i could easily move from page to page. now i have to go to edit- then go to page- which is very inconvenient. what happened maggiekins wrote: > i used to see the page numbers at the bottom of the screen when i > worked on a multi-page document, so i could easily move from page to > page. now i have to go to edit- then go to page- which is very > inconvenient. what happened ============================= View / Status Bar. -- ******John Inzer******** **MS Picture It! MVP** ...

spin control problem #2
How do I get the integer value of a spin control's associated edit control while in the edit control's OnEnChange function. Everytime I try to extract the data I get an exception error. If you have a problem in spin control, hire a good publicist... (sorry, I couldn't resist) First, show the code. Then say PRECISELY what you mean by "exception error", showing the exact line of code that experiences the problem. Otherwise, there is no way to tell what you've done! joe On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 07:43:21 -0700, "Z.K." <nospam@nospam.net> wrote: ...

to Import Many items to existing database
Hi, Any better ways to import new items to existing database? I have tried to use QSC import tools but it only work during my testing period only, when I decided to use it for real work, it fail !!! Any suggestion will b very much appreciated. kase you may want to try the Retail Realm Import Utility. Contact me for more info. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm -- URL http://www.retailrealm.co.uk "kase" wrote: > Hi, > Any better ways to import new items to existing database? I have tried to > use QSC import tools but it only work ...

Need to separate multiple numbers in one cell
I have multiple number in one cell and i need to somehow put each number into one separate cell for each number: I have : column A row1 2 5 8 10 I want: column B column C column D column E row1 2 5 8 10 How do I do it on Excel 2007? thanks EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Map Stored Procedure Output To Class Properties http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/2853a1aa-5db7-40d0-9cde-46847fa770ef/map-stored-procedure-outp.aspx Hi, Use Data > Text to columns and specify the delimiter as space ...

Free business opportunity #2
If you need to make 2,000 - 5,000 per week - you need to check this out. No cost or obligation full details. www.profitsdaily.biz --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20041209205203P0d4HhB4 ...

Import of Data into RMS 2.0?
We will be converting to RMS soon. Is there anyway we can import our old sales history(Monthly) into RMS 2.0? Hi newbie. I am not aware of a free utility that will import all data, including sales transaction history to your RMS system. Retail Realm has an Import Tool that will do this if your current system is Microsoft Point of Sale, possibly POS 2009, but it is licensed (meaning you need to pay for it). Otherwise, I believe you are limited to importing items, customers, suppliers, and UPCs as Aliases, no history. HTH..... "newbierms user" wrote: >...

Validation Rule for IBAN Account number in MS Access Form field
Hi, In my table (and the form field linked to it) I have a field for the IBAN account number, which must be 2 Upper case characters A to Z, followed by 18 manadatory digits, and up to 28 total. So in my input mask I have this: >LL00\-0000\-0000\-0000\-0000\-9999\-9999;; and it works fine. But when the user enters less than 20 characters total (including the two letters at the start and at least 18 digits) Access gives a very unfriendly ''The value you entered isn't appropriate for the input mask '>LL00\-0000\-0000\-0000\-0000\-9999\-9999;;' specified for thi...

convert text to predefined number in single column
Hi all, Greeting to all of you out there! I am a newbie to this forum and now I have a question here. I have a worksheet which contains thousands of records. Within a particular column (column "N") there are single character in the cells throughout the records (eg. "M", "S"). My question is how can I convert from "M" to "1" and "S" to "2" using formula? Kindly advise. Thanks and best regards. Eric --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use a help column, =LOOKUP(N1,{"M","S"},{1,2}...

Bills of Materials for buy items
My client requires the ability to store a Bill of Material for a 'buy' item. The item is set-up as 'buy' in item resource planning and Item Engineering. However, we imported a Bill of Material. At BOM entry or BOM view system triggers message 'this item is not a made item' and will not display the Bill of Material despite the existance of a Bill of Material Record. The workaround is to check the 'treat as either' box in item engineering - but, this effects standard cost rollup for items maked as either that are part of a multi-level and complex Bill of Ma...

Macros on Protected Sheets #2
Hi , Now I have tried Alan's Solution to be able to run my Macros in Protected sheets but as I am not VB literate, I think I have made a Syntax mistake. Sub Newaction() Sheet("Critical Path").Unprotect ("My Password") ' Newaction Macro ' Macro recorded 17/11/2004 by Clifford ' ' Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=" Sheet("Critical Path").Protect ("My Password") End Sub I receive a message "Compile error" "Sub or function not defined" Can you tell me what's wrong ? Regards ...

Discounts PerLine Item
Hi! Does anyone know of any third party apps that allow you to select a discount perline item on the Sales Trx Entry window? Thanks -- Marisol Mortera ...

Finding unique items in data field for pivot tables
I have a huge pivot table I'm trying to create and for a critical item I select I get the following message: A field in your data source has more unique items that can be used in a PivotTable. Microsoft Excel may not be able to create a PivotTable or may create the PivotTable without the data from this field. Any ideas how I can find the duplicates and create the PivotTable with this field? Hello- Based on the message, 'duplicates' is not your problem, *Unique* items is. Pivot tables are limited to 32,500 unique items per field. So if you're analyzing product sales, for...

Chart changing based on change in data source (number of rows/colu
As I see, the data range for charting is normally fixed. I have to produce chart based on chaning rows and/or columns in data source table. Has anybody got some suggestion for me? Bal Ram Bhui - For Excel charts in general, I suggest Jon Peltier's web site: http://www.peltiertech.com/ For dynamic charts, I suggest: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Mike Middleton http://www.DecisionToolworks.com Decision Analysis Add-ins for Excel "Bal Ram Bhui, Jakarta" <Bal Ram Bhui, Jakarta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD0B5564-26B0-4...

Count the number of worksheets in a workbook
Hello: Is there any function or other method to count the number of worksheets in a workbook? I have a workbook which includes dozens of worksheets (each for one client) and I would like to know the total number of clients. Thanks in advance! with VBA Function WSNum() WSNum = Activeworkbook.Worksheets.Count End Function -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Vincdc" <Vincdc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA1A3F0D-947F-44B7-B5A0-B28671216EC9@microsoft.com... > Hello: > Is there any function or other method to co...

eseutil /p #2
I had to run eseutil /p since /r was not working, and my exchange 2003 priv and pub were not coming up. i ran it on pub1.ebd ran ok and i was able to mont the public folder. eseutil on priv is currently running and is at a point were it seems that nothing is happening, is says deleting unicode fixup table .? how long will this take. is it normal ..?? Thanks. Do you have a backup that you can restore from (if necessary)? How big is your priv? How long has eseutil been running? Might be time to get PSS on the phone. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Alfred" <Alfred@...

Bullets and Numbering
I am trying to create a template in Publisher for which i want to customise bullets as user define pictures. I am not able to do so. Is there any way out for this? Format copying from Word document doesnt seem to work also. Might try finding a dingbat font that suits you. Scaling down an image is an option. Bullets are fonts. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lavanya" <Lavanya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF3C5721-0A9A-4DA6-AB3D-B64BCAD6E3D1@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create...

mail merge- 2 things
Help! I have folks on my mailing list, same address but different last names. When I merge that way, it shows them correct but the others either.....sam smith and judy smith or The Smith family. In a perfict world I would like it to merge...... jen doe & sarah miller and sam & judy smith. What can I do? Next, when I save the mail merge to a cd to take to Kinkos to print they say "you need to load up this file prep tool & save it that way first, oh but you have XP so this won't work, you need to buy a distiller". Well I just looked at what I think is ...

counting part numbers
Hello everyone- I would like excel to count how many same part numbers i have and list them. Such as P/N 11222=20, P/N 11333=30. Any suggestions? thx ...

What could go wrong? Incrementing numbers on pages
Someone wanted each page of a document to have numbers incrementing from 106367. I'm sure there's a better way, but what I did was put it in the place of page numbers as ={PAGE} + 106366. It worked, but now I'm wondering what could go wrong, and what the real method of doing that would have been. There still might be time to change it. Thanks again and again! Although calculated page numbers work, they won't be used by Word in cross-references or tables of contents. A better approach is to change the "Start at" value in the Page Number Format dia...

To display number in text format in cells
I have a sequence of digits like 5026555306553 I entered in a cell and when the cursor left the cell it displays as 5.02656E+12 How do I set the cell or the whole spreadsheet to display as text rather than this format? Change the cell format to either: Number Accounting or Currency. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Man T" <alanpltse_NOSPAM@yahoo.com.au> wrote in messag...